Charizard @ Choice Scarf
Solar Power
4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Fire Blast/ Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
-Air Slash
-Solar Beam

Usage: The main idea of this set is to catch opponents off guard. Since most Charizards Meg Evolve, they usually have 328 speed. Scarfed Charizard has 492 speed and 476 special attack when sun is up. Charizard can OHKO 4/0 Greninja with focus blast or solar beam, OHKO 252/4 Azumarill with solar beam (although azumarill 2HKOs with Aqua Jet in sun), has a chance to OHKO 252/4 Heatran with focus blast, OHKO 4/0 Keldeo...you get the idea. The only thing charizard has to worry about is other Scarf users. And rocks, of course.

Other Options: This set is obviously meant to be used in the sun. It's power is severely weakened and it loses Solar Beam if you try to use this guy outside of sun. In terms of moves, Brick Break can be used to 2HKO Blissey. Dragon Pulse can also be used instead of a move on this set, but finding a move to give up is tough, since Dragon Pulse has terrible coverage.

Watch Out For...: Anything Scarfed.

Offensive Sylveon
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Pixilate
4 HP/ 252 Def/ 252 SpA
Bold Nature
-Hyper Beam
-Wish
-Protect
-Toxic/Calm Mind

Usage: Your probably thinking Hyper Beam? 252 Def Bold Nature? Dafuq? You would never expect that in a battle, which is what makes this set so fantastic. You can play around with the EV spread and pick one that bests suits your play style. The idea is to be able to take at least one hit and retaliate with a dangerous Hyper Beam. Sylveon's SpD is good enough as is. Just make sure you understand: This set isn't meant to sweep, it's meant to catch an opponent off guard and kill something that the rest of your team will struggle with. Wish and Protect are just for healing, should you get the chance. Toxic can be used to wear down Special walls, or Calm Mind can be used to become a Special Tank.

Other Options: You can run Life Orb instead of leftovers for extra damage. As I said before, you can play around with the EVs to best fit your style. I don't recommend changing things up too much, because Sylveon only needs to get off one attack for massive damage. You just want to make sure it can survive to use the attack, since Sylveon is slow. If you feel like Sylveon isn't doing enough damage, give it a Modest nature.

Watch Out For...: Steel, Fire, and Poison types. Hyper Beam doesn't work at all on the pkoemon that resist it. In addition, Steel and Poison types are immune to Toxic. Infernape and Lucario will want to watch out, however, because Hyper Beam OHKOs them.

Defensive Aegislash
Aegislash @ Chesto Berry
Stance Change
252 Hp/ 4 SpA (or Atk, if using a Physical move)/ 252 SpD
Careful Nature
-Rest
-King's Shield
-Toxic
-Shadow Ball/ Iron Head

Usage: Once again, this set is meant to catch your foe off guard. Aegislash's 50/150/150 defenses are nothing to laugh at. On top of that, Aegislash is immune to Poison (and therefore Toxic) and Fighting moves.

Other Options: Their aren't many. You could try RestTalk and give Aegislash an Air Balloon or Leftovers

Watch Out For...: Well, Aegislash is built for offense. This set is meant to catch your opponent off guard. You'll only get one or two attacks before they realize what's going on. Once they do, this Aegislash set becomes pretty much useless.

Oh dear I'm tired. I think I'll stop now. Feel free to tell me what you think of these sets, and report me if I did something I'm not supposed to.

I should probably stop you here.

ScarfZard
Charizard @ Choice Scarf
Solar Power
4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Fire Blast/ Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
-Air Slash
-Solar Beam

Usage: The main idea of this set is to catch opponents off guard. Since most Charizards Meg Evolve, they usually have 328 speed. Scarfed Charizard has 492 speed and 476 special attack when sun is up. Charizard can OHKO 4/0 Greninja with focus blast or solar beam, OHKO 252/4 Azumarill with solar beam (although azumarill 2HKOs with Aqua Jet in sun), has a chance to OHKO 252/4 Heatran with focus blast, OHKO 4/0 Keldeo...you get the idea. The only thing charizard has to worry about is other Scarf users. And rocks, of course.

Other Options: This set is obviously meant to be used in the sun. It's power is severely weakened and it loses Solar Beam if you try to use this guy outside of sun. In terms of moves, Brick Break can be used to 2HKO Blissey. Dragon Pulse can also be used instead of a move on this set, but finding a move to give up is tough, since Dragon Pulse has terrible coverage.

Watch Out For...: Anything Scarfed.
There is absolutely no reason to run normal Charizard in the OU tier. None. This specific set is outclassed in every way by Zard Y; it provides its own sun so you don't have to rely on Nintails--who sucks in OU--or another teammate to set up sun, OHKO's both Azu and Greninja with said Solar Beam while being protected from their Water STAB moves, and has much more power without having to be locked in a move with its terrible 4x SR weaknesses.

Offensive Sylveon
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Pixilate
4 HP/ 252 Def/ 252 SpA
Bold Nature
-Hyper Beam
-Wish
-Protect
-Toxic/Calm Mind

Usage: Your probably thinking Hyper Beam? 252 Def Bold Nature? Dafuq? You would never expect that in a battle, which is what makes this set so fantastic. You can play around with the EV spread and pick one that bests suits your play style. The idea is to be able to take at least one hit and retaliate with a dangerous Hyper Beam. Sylveon's SpD is good enough as is. Just make sure you understand: This set isn't meant to sweep, it's meant to catch an opponent off guard and kill something that the rest of your team will struggle with. Wish and Protect are just for healing, should you get the chance. Toxic can be used to wear down Special walls, or Calm Mind can be used to become a Special Tank.

Other Options: You can run Life Orb instead of leftovers for extra damage. As I said before, you can play around with the EVs to best fit your style. I don't recommend changing things up too much, because Sylveon only needs to get off one attack for massive damage. You just want to make sure it can survive to use the attack, since Sylveon is slow. If you feel like Sylveon isn't doing enough damage, give it a Modest nature.

Watch Out For...: Steel, Fire, and Poison types. Hyper Beam doesn't work at all on the pkoemon that resist it. In addition, Steel and Poison types are immune to Toxic. Infernape and Lucario will want to watch out, however, because Hyper Beam OHKOs them.
Don't use Hyper Beam ever. You become a sitting duck for Scizor/MScizor, Aegislash, MMawile, Heatran, and just about anything with a set-up move. You're doing way more damage in 2 turns with Hyper Voice than you are with Hyper Beam and you hit through subs.

Defensive Aegislash
Aegislash @ Chesto Berry
Stance Change
252 Hp/ 4 SpA (or Atk, if using a Physical move)/ 252 SpD
Careful Nature
-Rest
-King's Shield
-Toxic
-Shadow Ball/ Iron Head

Usage: Once again, this set is meant to catch your foe off guard. Aegislash's 50/150/150 defenses are nothing to laugh at. On top of that, Aegislash is immune to Poison (and therefore Toxic) and Fighting moves.

Other Options: Their aren't many. You could try RestTalk and give Aegislash an Air Balloon or Leftovers

Watch Out For...: Well, Aegislash is built for offense. This set is meant to catch your opponent off guard. You'll only get one or two attacks before they realize what's going on. Once they do, this Aegislash set becomes pretty much useless.
Read the bold line. This set is outclassed largely by Gliscor and Rotom-W. Yes, Aegi has pretty awesome defenses, unfortunately Landorus I and T are still able to OHKO him through his Shield Form. You never want to have a Pokemon that isn't pulling its weight and Aegi would much rather be on the offensive.

TL;DR: None of these are gimmicks (and they're really bad) and none of them should ever be used in OU.

Aaron's Aron

A concussion update in my info tab
I should probably stop you here.

There is absolutely no reason to run normal Charizard in the OU tier. None. This specific set is outclassed in every way by Zard Y; it provides its own sun so you don't have to rely on Nintails--who sucks in OU--or another teammate to set up sun, OHKO's both Azu and Greninja with said Solar Beam while being protected from their Water STAB moves, and has much more power without having to be locked in a move with its terrible 4x SR weaknesses.

Don't use Hyper Beam ever. You become a sitting duck for Scizor/MScizor, Aegislash, MMawile, Heatran, and just about anything with a set-up move. You're doing way more damage in 2 turns with Hyper Voice than you are with Hyper Beam and you hit through subs.

Read the bold line. This set is outclassed largely by Gliscor and Rotom-W. Yes, Aegi has pretty awesome defenses, unfortunately Landorus I and T are still able to OHKO him through his Shield Form. You never want to have a Pokemon that isn't pulling its weight and Aegi would much rather be on the offensive.

TL;DR: None of these are gimmicks (and they're really bad) and none of them should ever be used in OU.
Agreed. Your idea for the thread is not bad, but there are already threads for things like this. These are Creative / Underrated Sets Thread (Read the thread, NO SHITTY GIMMICKS) and The Next Best Thing. I would be amazed if this thread made it past the hour. I'm sorry :( Good try though! Don't be afraid to keep posting! We will not report you. Just learn from your mistakes and you will be a much better poster (you're not a bad one now)!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)