Announcement Welcome! READ ME: Index / Rules / Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

scpinion

Congrats Monotype community! :)
is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
Welcome to the Monotype Forum!

This thread is our main index and will hold a history of announcement threads in the main forum.

If you're new, this thread should have all the information you need to get started in the Monotype metagame! If you have any questions after reading through this thread, ask them in the simple questions thread.

Forum regulars, if you notice something is out of date, please let a moderator know!

Monotype Forum Rules
– All global rules apply.
– You need approval before posting a thread. Start a conversation with the forum moderation team to submit your thread idea first.
– Do not make meaningless or one-line posts.
– Be nice to one another!
Don't cheat in our tournaments.

Section Leaders
Eien - Co-Tier Leader
Paleo - Co-Tier Leader
Acast

Project Moderators
Vid

Major Resources
Monotype has a chat room on Smogon's battle simulator, Pokemon Showdown!
There, you can play in many live tournaments or challenge other Monotype players on the Monotype ladder.

There is also a Monotype server on Discord.

Sample Teams | Viability Rankings | Discussion and Tiering | Speed Tiers | Monotype C&C

Project and Resource Index | Tournament Listings | Articles and Videos

Last edited by a moderator:

scpinion

is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
The Monotype forum features a variety of fun projects and useful resources!

Resources

Sample Teams
Viability Rankings
Good Cores
Speed Tiers
Creative and Underrated Sets
Contributions and Corrections (Smogdex Analyses)

We have two types of projects: Permanent and Rotation. Rotation projects are hosted for 1 week, then go on hiatus while other rotation projects are hosted. Permanent projects are hosted on a weekly basis.

Permanent Projects

Monotype Team Building Competition
Each week you're given a core to build around. The community votes on their favorite teams at the end of the week!

Monotype Core Laddering Challenge
You're given a core and challenged to ladder up as high as you can on the Pokemon Showdown Ladder. Winners and those that reach specific marks are recognized in a Hall of Fame!

Rotation Projects

1. Break This Team
The rotation project challenges you to develop cores that can break common team archetypes in the Monotype metagame. The community votes on their favorite core at the end of the week!

2. Monotype Theorymon
Everyone wishes that one pokemon got that one extra coverage move, or the perfect ability to go with its stat distribution. This project enables the Monotype community to submit slight augmentations to existing Pokemon. The community votes on their favorite submissions at the end of the week.

3. Featured Victim
Many Pokemon are difficult to check/counter because of the team building restrictions in Monotype. This is a community-driven project to develop checks/counters to these major threats!

View All 6th Gen Threads
6th Generation index

scpinion

Tournaments & Competitions
for past tournaments, check out the Gen 6 Index
Major Tournaments
Monotype Seasonal Playoffs - [Won by Eien]
Winter Seasonal 2016 - [Won by Paleo]
Monotype Open in OM Grand Slam II - [Won by Suspensse]
Monotype Premier League III - [Won by the Hearthome Honchkrows]

~~~~ GEN 6 METAGAME ~~~~
Autumn Seasonal 2016 - [Won by Pak]
Summer Seasonal 2016 - [Won by Wanka]
Monotype Ladder Tour II - [Won by Clearly]
Spring Seasonal 2016 - [Won by Balto]
Monotype Premier League II - [Won by the Devious Diancies]
Monotype Open (OMGS) - [Won by Shining Yin]
Monotype Ladder Tour I - [Won by 1 True Lycan] (links to PS! Room Website)
Monotype Premier League I - [won by the Ambitious Altarias]

Mini-Tours
Welcome to Sun and Moon Team Tour - [Won by the Blacklisteds by Alliance]
Sun & Moon Partner Monothreat Tour - [Won by HNBL and SirSkit]

Ladder Challenges
– None yet!
PS! Room Tournaments
– None yet!

scpinion

Policy for Cheating in Tournaments

Monotype will primarily use the Ghosting/Cheating policy from the Tournaments Forum.

In short, if you're caught ghosting (helping/playing for another player) or cheating in any way (as interpreted by the Monotype forum moderation team) in one of our tournaments you will be banned from Monotype-related tournaments/events for 6 months. This includes our seasonals in the Circuit Tours sub-forum.

Tour banned users will also be devoiced (so they can't talk) and banned from participating in events in the Monotype Events room. They are welcome to lurk in the room though.

Tour banned users may still participate in the discussion in the main Monotype room on Pokemon Showdown, but their scores will not be counted in events (such as the Monotype Best Leaderboard Tour).

Tour banned users may still participate in forum projects/discussions and suspect tests.

List of Tour Banned Users

Kennyth, being ghosted in Monotype Summer Seasonal II (expires 1/9/2018)

scpinion

OM C&C has started!

http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/om-analyses.416/

Important things:

– We're starting out with skeletons, not full write ups
– If you're new to C&C, make sure you read the rules
– If you're new to C&C, start out with an easy pokemon!
– Badge holders can reserve 2 analyses, everyone else can only reserve 1
– Have fun! :D

Eien and I are co-leading this project. If you have any questions please feel free to ask us!

Analysis template: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ames-analyses-resources.3590437/#post-7150199

Last edited:

Eien

I'll face myself
is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Monotype Co-Leader
I received official confirmation that scpinion is stepping down from his positions as council member and forum moderator. As the last remaining member of the original tiering council, he has been the driving force behind Monotype for years and has pushed our metagame to places we could never have reached without him. As our first forum moderator, he worked to give us this very subforum and representation in many sections of the Smogon community.

On behalf of the council and Monotype staff, I'd like to extend our sincerest thanks and appreciation for all of your hard work and contributions across all sections of Smogon and Pokemon Showdown. I know you will succeed in whatever future ventures you put your efforts toward!

Eien

I'll face myself
is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Monotype Co-Leader

Acast

Classy af
is a Forum Moderator
rnbs and myself have both decided to leave the monotype council. I intend to remain a monotype forum mod and RO in the chat room on PS for the foreseeable future, but I've mostly lost interest in battling so I no longer feel qualified to make decisions that directly impact the metagame. I can't speak for rnbs, but I believe his reasons for leaving are similar.

Until further notice, the council will operate with 5 members instead of the typical 7.

Acast

Classy af
is a Forum Moderator
I've never been happier to announce something than I am right now.

Smogon's Senior Staff have decided to classify Monotype as an Official Metagame!

From now on, Monotype will be treated the same as Ubers, OU, LC, etc in all aspects except for representation in official Smogon tournaments. Our forum has been moved out of the OM forum and our suspect tests will count towards the Tiering Contributor badge. In addition, Monotype will now be led by officially recognized Tier Leaders. Going forward, Eien and Paleo will act as co-Tier Leaders for the Monotype metagame. Congratulations to both of you! I know the metagame is in good hands.

EDIT: link to the announcement made by the senior staff

Eien

I'll face myself
Monotype Co-Leader
For those that are interested in Monotype tournaments, we have an exciting update to our tournament schedule.

With Monotype leaving the umbrella of Other Metagames, we're no longer represented in OMPL. Thus, we're introducing a new team tournament called the Monotype Snake Draft. Functioning similarly to the Smogon Snake Draft, Mono Snake will feature managers that draft players in snake pick order to play for their teams. There will be 8 teams of 8 players and 2 substitutes. In Monotype Premier League 3, we cut almost all of the Monotype Other Metagames from the lineup; now, they're making a comeback here in Mono Snake filling the metagame lineup with old faces like AAA along with newer metagames like LC. Unlike Smogon Snake Draft, Mono Snake will be played similarly to MPL, in which teams play directly in 8v8 head-to-head matchups every week. More specific information will be coming soon when manager signups begin in a couple of weeks, but start checking out some of those Mono OM tournaments in our room if you want to get your name out there early!

The Monotype Seasonal tournament circuit currently runs with four qualifying tournaments that seed players into the playoffs. However, this meant the circuit would run for 4 seasons + 1 playoffs, which doesn't align particularly well with the calendar year. As a result, we've decided to cut the fourth tournament, making the circuit three qualifying tournaments before the playoffs to fit properly. This is effective immediately and will affect the current seasonal circuit.

To replace both the now defunct Monotype Open and fourth seasonal tournament, we will be hosting a new individual tournament. Players will participate in a group stage where those with the best records in their individual groups will continue on to play in an elimination bracket playoffs stage. Stay tuned for more information on that in the upcoming months!

Status
Not open for further replies.