Welcome to our simulator forum

I love having a Smogon server as it has generally better players but most of the people on the beta server and fairly good to. Is the team preview srsly part of the new game I jus have to ask?!

EDIT: Okay didn't want to double post I guess I'll start actually using it. Geez removes skill and is soooooo cheap D:

I love having a Smogon server as it has generally better players but most of the people on the beta server and fairly good to. Is the team preview srsly part of the new game I jus have to ask?!

Yes, Team Preview is part of the metagame we will be playing.

Can I ask for tech suppport in this thread? oh btw I love that smogon has there own server.....the other servers had way too many noobs on them. damn hyper beam spamming, and really who has focus blast, AND brick break on a snorlax?

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
nice ! have played a while and smogon player mostly is better
good job guys!
now we'll be able to get some proper battles? :P
I love having a Smogon server as it has generally better players but most of the people on the beta server and fairly good to.
Sigh... can people please stop bashing Beta's player base? I thought it was pretty clear that the only reason Smogon's player base seems better is because of the sheer size of it. More players means more good players, and since average players don't "stand out" in either community, an illusion that Smogon has better players is created. I said this before and I'll say it again, if we could quantify the "average abilities" of Beta Server and Smogon, I'm sure they would be about the same.

I'm trying to be polite about this, but I'm not gonna stand for people bashing my community. So please, stop. You're only making your community seem more elitist than everyone already thinks it is.

I will stand by kokoloko. Comments like these are usually reported and infracted. It is infuriating that this is allowed to continue by the people moderating these forums.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Well for some reason evrytime I load a 5th gen team I get asked to type in a password and then after I do the server dissconects. Every other gen works fine, and I was playing 5th gen about 2 days ago. I'm really frusterated with it.
The Gen 5 team you're trying to load has a name which is already taken, or you just happen to be typing it wrong every time. Former is more likely.

The Gen 5 team you're trying to load has a name which is already taken, or you just happen to be typing it wrong every time. Former is more likely.
Thanks a lot man....so does that mean that I need to change my trainer name a lot then because someone else will take my name?

I d/c'd from Smogon's server by accident and now I can't see it in the server list when I try to get back! And I was in the middle of a tournament! How do I fix it QUICK?

This is required for emulating cartridge play. Also, surprise "strategies" aren't really good strategies.
Matter of opinion, but I dislike it more in that your opponent knows your team's type coverage from the word go, and by 'strategies' I mean it completely kills scouting and does away with standard leads.

Clauses such as sleep clause and OHKO clause aren't proper emulations of cartridge play either, the whole point of a community with rules separate from the game's standard is to create a game that appeals more to the members of the community.
If the majority of the community desires preview then so be it, but I'd still appreciate the option to play without it...

I was able to enter a Standard OU tournament running a Shadow Tag Shandera. Has this been picked up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)