1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Well what do you know, shiny pokemon ARE in the Battle Frontier.

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Perfect Cell, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Perfect Cell

Perfect Cell

I was in the Battle Dome yesterday, seeing how many tournaments I would win. In round 19, I think on battle 2, I was fighting against some trainer. He sent out Quagsire, I sent out my Swampert, after a bit of back and forth, his Quagsire went down. I looked away from my GBA for a second to look for something on my desk, when suddenly, I heard the sound that plays when a shiny Pokemon is sent out.

I flinched for a second, then quickly looked at my GBA. Behold, the trainer had sent out a Shiny Magmar. I couldn't believe it. I mean, I obviously knew shiny Pokemon existed, but I had no idea they existed in the Battle Frontier.

After defeating that trainer, I instantly recorded the Battle Video onto my Frontier Pass, and took a picture of the Magmar with a camera, which I will upload sooner or later.

To give this topic some discussion value, has this happened to anyone here? Perhaps in the Battle Factory or some other Frontier facility, or maybe in 4th gen and the Battle Subway too!
  2. Manitary

Manitary

The first shiny I ever encountered was exactly in Battle Frontier (I don't remember the facility)! It was a Milotic
  3. Basileus

Basileus

This isn't really new news, we've known about this for quite a while....
  4. NixHex

NixHex No excuses
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

There's actually a guaranteed shiny on the last floor of the battle tower in FR/LG. It's preset I think depending on version; mine was Meowth.
  5. Himanattsu

Himanattsu

got two rental shinies in Battle Factory

qq
  6. Perfect Cell

Perfect Cell

I am aware of that, but the difference is that those are guaranteed to appear, versus the randomness of a shiny appearing in any other facility.

That must have been pretty sweet! What Pokemon and which Battle Factory, 3rd gen or 4th?
  7. mcFlareon

mcFlareon

Oh I didn't know it varied with versions. I remember seeing a green Espeon in there

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)