SM OU WG x KTT: PEAKED #1 2K ELO 91.5 GXE GONE SEXUAL

tendies

• Total voters
I'M BLARGHLFARGHL, AND THIS IS MY PAWN SHOP.

Felt obligated to link the greatest song of our generation

proof of peak:
http://imgur.com/a/U5p0D

I built this team with my friend Moose 50 around a cool thundurus set he came up with to obliterate stall since as a bad player I need to build a counterteam in order to beat it.

The defensive core was also semi-inspired by a team i stole off Jayde during suspect

jet x voque (Thundurus) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 68 Atk / 188 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]/ Grass knot

Thundurus has been slept on for the most part this gen, with its only notable usage being on sticky webs despite its great moveset. This particular set has been optimized to deal with standard toxapex stall, with Electrium-Z to kill clefable and Sableye after a tbolt. Knock off and superpower deal with chansey but don't hinder the set vs. non-stall team since knock is so versatile and reliable. The last move was originally grass knot but after a frustrating ladder session of zygarde, lando, and chomp on every other team, we decided to slash it for the ever basic HP ice.

188 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 32 SpD Clefable: 144-171 (36.5 - 43.4%)
188 SpA Thundurus Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 32 SpD Clefable: 280-330 (71 - 83.7%)
68 Atk Thundurus Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 111-131 (17.2 - 20.4%)
68 Atk Thundurus Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 408-482 (63.5 - 75%)

HIYE (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Next up is Metagross. This mon is high key broken in ou right now, so i figured it would make a strong attacking core with thundurus. That's basically all the thought that went into picking this mon. Now right now you might be looking at the moveset and say, "wtf blarg, this looks like ass!" To be honest, yeah this set is countered pretty hard by things like ferrothorn or heatran, but this coverage has come in clutch in its fair share of games. Painfully few things in the metagame can come in safely on both tpunch and ice punch, and meteor mash is self explanatory. In ORAS, this set used to run hammer arm for ferro/tran, but I felt bullet punch was too good to pass up considering all the glass cannons and fast mons in ou.

camilas' uber voice (Garchomp) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

At this point, the team had strong wallbreaking potential but struggled against offense. Thundurus and Metagross are both fast mons, but were outsped by the majority of hyper offense. I added a scarf garchomp as a check to opposing scarfers and volcarona, which is an ever-present threat especially considering my first two mons. I decided to throw rocks on to this set for role compression and a semi-lure for people not expecting a bad set. For a long time, I had been convinced that scarf rocks was complete trash (shoutouts Hector Hard Mode), but i decided to switch to the dark side recently after being bailed out in quite a few games. Scarf chomp is a reliable way to get up rocks against naturally faster mons and people scared out by scarfchomp.

252 Atk Garchomp Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 468-552 (150.4 - 177.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Garchomp Rock Slide vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Volcarona: 312-368 (83.6 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (no human uses max max hp ice)

100%pureass (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 12 SpD / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast

Next up is the designated hazard removal, ash greninja check, lead against stall, and mon that is impossible to find a cool picture of. Defensive Tapu Fini serves as the team's main water switchin (case dependent) and defogger. Nature's madness is notoriously obnoxious to switch in to, and this mon taunts fat mons and allows for a pivot that prevents status to my whole team excluding thundurus (which you're not going to be switching into attacks anyway). Defog is also helpful, since it ensures the team doesn't get overwhelmed by hazards, most importantly sticky web. 84 speed allows me to outspeed other fini, mons speed creeping 218, and uninvested zygarde.

mensa reject (Tangrowth) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Ah, tangrowth. I cannot emphasize just how good this mon is. This mon is the blanket check for all the scary physical mons that currently destroy this team. It is also the only mon on the team completely unthreatened by ferrothorn. With access to sleep powder, knock, and hp fire, many offensive teams struggle to deal with this mon. Despite this mon being the physical wall, I'm running a little spdef because it can double as emergency check to scald abusers and electrics. Unfortunately, since I run sleep powder, I tend to end up sacking this mon vs. metagross to wear it down with hp fires instead of risking the sleep powder. However, when you are able to switch in more comfortably, sleep powder is especially useful since it is the way that this fat mon slapped on a bulky offense team retains momentum.

252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Meteor Mash vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Tangrowth: 132-156 (32.7 - 38.7%) -- 99.1% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Tangrowth: 148-176 (36.7 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Tangrowth Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Metagross-Mega: 88-104 (29.2 - 34.5%) -- 3.1% chance to 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Tangrowth: 278-329 (68.9 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Tangrowth Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 126-150 (46.4 - 55.3%) -- 68% chance to 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Tangrowth: 188-224 (46.6 - 55.5%) -- 73.4% chance to 2HKO

z0mog (Zygarde) @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Iron Tail/ toxic/superpower

Last up is my current favorite mon in the meta. Banded zygarde is in my opinion its best set at the moment, and its ability to mindlessly spam thousand arrows with little repercussion is what makes it so good. This mon is also a reliable revenge killer/late game sweeper with its banded espeed. I decided to slash the last move between iron tail, toxic, and superpower as each has its merits, but I currently use iron tail myself. It came in clutch once when I nearly lost to a scarf bulu, and out of fear, I have not changed it since. Zygarde is also quite bulky and can live a hit from most offensive mons, including many HP ices. Note that Zygarde is yet another mon with the potential to beat stall, especially if it switches in on a misty terrain scald.

Since it has so much utility I think I'll leave 2 calc boxes here.
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 145-172 (45.4 - 53.9%) -- 46.5% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Tapu Fini: 153-180 (44.6 - 52.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 288-339 (92.6 - 109%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Outrage vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 458-540 (109.8 - 129.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 228+ Def Clefable: 181-214 (45.9 - 54.3%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 228+ Def Clefable: 270-318 (68.5 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Iron Tail vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tapu Bulu: 266-314 (94.3 - 111.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Tapu Koko Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 224-264 (62.7 - 73.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Zygarde: 243-287 (68 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Toxapex Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 55-66 (15.4 - 18.4%) -- possible 6HKO (only included this one because fuck pex its annoying and a shitty meme)
252 Atk Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Zygarde: 117-138 (32.7 - 38.6%) -- 99% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Dugtrio Reversal (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Zygarde: 154-182 (43.1 - 50.9%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO
Dug fails to trap this thing from full, so you can collect 2 consecutive kills vs stall if you play it right

In conclusion, fuck stall

ha bet i got you good with that one. In reality, I believe this team is fully equipped to handle stall, but is prone to being overwhelmed by teams with many hardhitting mons. I also believe that at the end of the day, this team is very aesthetically pleasing, and isn't that the most important thing?

Moose 50 for helping me build and pressuring me to keep laddering when I was too much of a pussy
Hiye for being the greatest ever
Camilas for refusing to let his position of voice in a public room interfere with his hatred of roleplaying
Amoonguss for attempting to snake me on forum
dukevesper for sending handwritten letters of support to my doorstep every day
z0mOG for making me put the rope away for another day every time I see a new video
Swaqfeq for trying and failing to get me to save his failing ladder alts
Vore Gidal for unbanning me whenever i anger lord bk
WECAMEASROMANS for making me feel good about myself whenever I talk to him hehe
Contact for suggesting shitty name ideas (well shittiER)
thenewguy24 for being an idiot

HIYE (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

jet x voque (Thundurus) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 68 Atk / 188 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

camilas' uber voice (Garchomp) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

100%pureass (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 12 SpD / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast

mensa reject (Tangrowth) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]

z0mog (Zygarde) @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Iron Tail

Unfortunately I modjoined all my games on ladder, so I lost all of my replays; will have to update when I get some.

was able to salvage one vs stall: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-562802986

SMASH LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE IF YOU ENJOYED

Last edited:

Chokepic

You're a choker if you say you've never choked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
4 ice weakness lol. I really don't like scarf rocks chomp. Why you don't use spikes+stealth rock ferro instead of tangrowth? (With power whip for fini). The problem with this is that ferrothorn with fini is contraproducent, but as you need defog support for thundurus... Do you accept changing the thundurus set? I like more the bulk up+fly set with flynium, is a pretty cool set. The other moves are obviusly wild charge and superpower.

Last edited:
Congrats on number 1! Have you at all considered pursuit on Gross over something like BP? A lot of teams will run this on their Metagross if they have nothing else for lele which this team looks very weak to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)