What could be done to improve the Pokemon games?

What is the biggest flaw with the Pokemon video game series?

• Too easy

Votes: 58 44.3%
  • Too linear

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • Boring/nonexistent storylines

Votes: 20 15.3%
  • Poor Pokemon designs

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Too formulaic

Votes: 14 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • I don't think there are any problems

Votes: 8 6.1%

• Total voters
Now, I'm assuming that most of us here love the Pokemon series, and it is a great series. But this is not a troll thread - rather I feel that I am probably not the only one that feels that Pokemon, as a series, has flaws that are worth thinking about. It's very possible to recognise the flaws and still love the series for what it is: heck, there are plenty of films, games (and even people!) that I love, even with full awareness of their shortcomings. So I'm just going to briefly suggest some areas where I think the series potentially has issues and I'd be interested to hear other opinions.

Too easy: let's be honest, you've never struggled to complete a Pokemon game. Is this a bad thing? Maybe not - for most players it's not whether you complete it but how you complete it (ie what Pokemon you use etc) that counts, which can make the game somewhat open-ended and allow you to do your own thing while still sticking you to a storyline and a sense of game progression. In addition, while completing the main storyline is somewhat trivial, doing absolutely everything isn't (and this is the mark of a good game - Super Mario Galaxy 2 is my favourite game ever and a big part of that is that to this day, having had several hundred attempts at it, I haven't cracked the final level). In the early games, completing the Pokedex was a real pain; while Wi-fi has made this easier from Gen IV onwards, the challenge of doing everything is now made harder by the sheer number of things to do. If anybody reading this has got every BW2 achievement medal, message me. I'll be highly impressed.

Too linear: it's not easy for game designers. Especially with the later generations where GameFreak are actually trying to tell a story. You try telling a coherent and engaging story when the individual story elements can be jumbled up in random orders at the whim of the player. And yet, you can make a game too linear, and while for some people this isn't a problem, for me there is a big problem with linearity in games, particularly an RPG. An RPG is meant to immerse me, to make me feel like I am embarking on my own personal adventure, where, although ultimately I must save the world, how I go about doing that is my choice. I do at least still get choice in the Pokemon I use, but still, by imposing linearity, particularly when it is so thrust in the player's face, that immersive experience is ruined, because playing the game now feels like jumping through a series of hoops carefully laid out for me by the game designers. As for those idiots blocking my way in BW who are "dancing for no reason", just to prevent me accessing an area out of sequence, they make my blood boil.

Boring/nonexistent storylines: A counterpart to the "too linear" complaint, in that is really very difficult to create a game that doesn't fall into one of these traps. For me, the early games in the series are more at fault here, whereas the later games have more issues regarding overly restricting the player's choices. While RBY was my childhood, even through nostalgia-tinted spectacles I realise that the plot was: "get badges, beat up Team Rocket along the way, go to the Elite Four", and nothing really changed about that in subsequent games besides the name of the evil organisation. In later games, still having the gym leader/E4 formula feels a little bit anticlimactic (with the exception of how they weave Ghetsis into the climax of BW, that rocks) - saving the world should, ultimately, be more important than becoming a champion. Still, I give credit to BW and XY for at least having stories, even if I did often find myself mashing A to get through the text without really reading it.

Poor Pokemon designs: yes, stuff like Vanilluxe looks stupid. In fairness to GameFreak though, with over 700 species it would be remarkable if every design was both interesting and unique. This one doesn't really bother me, but other people like to complain about it so I thought I'd include it in the poll for the sake of completeness.

Too formulaic: I've touched on it elsewhere, and it really gets me. For me I think this is the biggest problem, and in a way it is an inherent flaw of the franchise. For me GameFreak's task is impossible: I dearly wish they would make a main-series Pokemon game which was quite different (though I'll confess I've never played the spin-off games, which serve a similar purpose); at the same time, I don't see how such a game would be compatible with the series in terms of bringing Pokemon across, in terms of maintaining the principles underlying the competitive battling metagame, etc. And, of course, they would risk alienating a loyal fanbase that has made them the second most popular video game franchise of all time. I'm just a little tired of doing the same thing over and over again except with different Pokemon. And this generation, there weren't even that many of those. Only 69! I just want something different, but I feel that the spin-off games like XD and Colosseum didn't really garner enough praise for GameFreak to feel like making more of them.

Anyway, I've prattled on far longer than I was expecting too. Hopefully having one huge post here will stop me registering my complaints little by little in various other Orange Islands threads. And one last thing - I don't actually hate the games, far from it. They just aren't always exactly what I want them to be.

Last edited:
Except for bad pokemon designs, I view all of these as being problems that should be fixed.

Too Easy: The game can be beaten with any combination of 4-6 (and maybe even 2 or 3 if you know what you are doing) pokemon. That isn't a problem, until you realize that it isn't even necessarily hard to beat it. BW2 took a step up with Challenge Mode, but the increased trainer levels caused your pokemon to gain more experience and catch up. I think a better AI and more in-game trainers with legendary pokemon (stuff like Zapdos, Landorus, Azelf, etc.) would be a good idea. Until BW/BW2, no in-game trainers, except the player, ever had a legendary pokemon. In BW, you had N with Zekrom/Reshiram to fight. In BW2, you had Ghetsis with Black/White Kyurem to fight. Both of those were harder than the other trainers you fought around that time in the game. They could also improve the AI. If the AI could learn from actions you do frequently, and plan to counter it, then the games would be harder, as spamming the same strategy would not work, and you'd have to try harder.

Too linear: The game forces you to follow a set path. You go from one gym to the next, always in the right order, occasionally battling the villainous team on the way, always at the same point in the game, and then you have a final showdown against the villainous team after either your 7th or 8th gym badge. You beat the villainous team's leader, and then you finish your journey, ending at the pokemon league. You fight the E4 and beat them, then go on to beat the champion, all of them having exactly the same pokemon with the same moveset. That's how most pokemon games play out. Gen 2 and their remakes change the plot so you have 2 regions and 16 gym leaders, and in BW the champion battle and final showdown with the villainous team are the same. Although you can change up the order for a few of the gyms in a few games, most of the time you can't even wander around into somewhere before you are supposed to, so it limits exploration. Furthermore, it makes you not want to explore, because you will not be allowed to most of the time. If you could choose the order of the gyms you have to go to, then the story wouldn't be as linear. If you could explore around the entire region without anyone saying no, then that would help.

Boring Storylines: The boringness of the story is caused by a lack of ability to change the path. If you could challenge the gyms in the order you please, it would help with the story.

Poor Pokemon Designs: There are over 700 pokemon. If each one was unique and very high-quality, the high quality would become expected of them. Therefore, it would become bland. With some better than others, there is no room for the standard the are expected to meet to go up, so the designs will stay good. Besides, there are no bad designs, only some better ones and some not as good ones.

Too Formulaic: The main games follow the same formula. Collect 8 gym badges, battle E4 and win, and then dethrone the champion, while battling a villainous team along the way. That is part of what makes the side-series games so good. They don't follow the same formula, so they are viewed as being better. Letting the player change the order in which he/she challenges the gyms would be good, but soon they'd have to make the player have more choices to satisfy player's desires. They could enable the gyms you challenge to change major opponent's pokemon. They could even enable you to choose to ignore, or even side with the villainous team. Imagine how much fun it could be to run through a region, crushing through any opposition as you obtain the legendary pokemon, and then the champion comes to stop the team, only for you to beat him and conquer the entire region. Imagine if each region had 18 gyms, one for every type, and the AI's team was assembled based on the gyms you challenged to try and beat you. That could improve replayability and difficulty of the pokemon games.

Definitely the pokemon designs. There is something so utterly deflating about exploring a storybook world with my badass pokemon and then encountering a wild cryogonal, Sawk, Throh or something else equally terrible to behold. I agree there are a shit-ton of pokemon and I don't expect to like them all, but there's no reason why I have to see designs as bad as a vaguely snowflaked-shaped blue thing that's crying or something.

Aesthetics are not the only aspect of design, though. I can't count the number of pokemon that I love aesthetically but are impossible to use due to poor stats, movepool or typing. And that's a real shame.

Another aspect of poor design that still hasn't been fixed is the uselessness of pre-evos, many of which look infinitely better than their fully evolved versions. The eviolite just isn't enough. I would love to be able to use a jigglypuff, but it's just completely useless. Why can't we have something that lets our pokemon evolve physically but not aesthetically?

The formula doesn't bother me simply because I like the formula. There are plenty of spinoff games to play if you're looking for a new template.

Last edited:
After playing X, I can safely say that I find the games to be way too easy.

Increasing the difficulty isn't a matter of increasing the levels or getting rid of the new EXP. Share (Which would just make for a more grind-y game, not necessarily a harder one); but rather, making the AI smarter. Even giving the opponents good movesets would be a huge step in the right direction, and making the AI smart enough to use them would make the games much more enjoyable. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Game Freak had the right idea with N's weather teams.

You must understand that the game is primarily targeted at children, however, and for them, it is decently difficult.

This is why I think that they should bring back difficulty settings.

Think about it. Now, not only can the kids not be hideously frustrated, older and/or more experienced players can get a real challenge. It doesn't have to be too bad; EXP share {forcibly?} turned off until the post-game, an extra Pokemon on a leader's team, some higher levels, more advanced AI, that sort of thing. An easy mode can do the same thing, but in reverse. I liked the key system for B/W2, it's just that it was counterproductive that they gave you the keys after completing the game. Having them available at the onset would be much better and make a great deal more sense.

I don't think that any storyline of a Pokemon game has been all that boring {with the possible exception of G/S/C}, but I do love seeing them put some work into it. The references, the popcorn logic, I love the idea to really think about my video games. Pokemon is surprisingly full of depth in the battle system, and it does manage to get a lot of "crap past the radar" in the sense of the Pokedex entries.
I mean, seriously, look at this stuff.

Yamask's Pokedex Entry said:
Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.
Chandelure's Pokedex Entry said:
The spirits burned up in its ominous flame lose their way and wander this world forever.
Hypno's Pokedex Entry said:
It carries a pendulum-like device. There once was an incident in which it took away a child it hypnotized.
Gourgeist's Pokedex Entry said:
It enwraps its prey in its hairlike arms. It sings joyfully as it observes the suffering of its prey.
It's obvious that they're good at lore and know what they're doing. I don't necessarily want a sad or violent story; Pokemon is a game about catching creatures in balls and having them hit the other creatures until one faints. It does not need to take itself seriously, and I think a more comedic tone is great for the series. That said, it's not incapable of having darker tones, and can actually pull them off quite well, particularly if you consider the impacts Pokemon {particularly the godlike Legendary Pokemon}, can have on the world, there's a load of potential. I think that Pokemon could do well having a somewhat lighthearted and comedic facade, {maybe with the exception of the climax of the story/major events leading up to it} but, when really thinking about it, being very deep, unsettling, or a downright Eldritch Abomination.

Going back to Hypno, remember in FR/LG when the man's daughter, Lostelle, is missing? You go find her in a forest, and what pops out when you approach her? A Hypno. Beat it, and she goes home. When you're a kid {or have Leafgreen}, you think nothing of this, but then you realize what the hell just happened and you're like dayum.

Something like that, I think, which is weird/kinda creepy, turns really what the fuck when you read up about it and your mind starts to wander. What did Hypno do to the girl when she was there? How long has it been there? How many times has this happened with nobody noticing/finding the kid? Will your Hypno do that to you one day? Stuff like that.

I do believe that while I would love harder difficulty, this is a game targeted at KIDS. The whole reason we want harder Pokemon is precisely because we already have played through the series for a long time. Even people who have never played Pokemon before find these games hard. We just think they should be harder because we are more experienced.

However, I do echo Shiruba's thoughts about difficulty settings. I think programming better AI across the board would be a bit difficult, but if there was a mechanic that senses your team's average level and adjusted all Trainers/Gym leaders accordingly, it'd be much better. And stop with the whole "less Pokemon" thing I've been seeing. BW2 had it somewhat correctly, but wtf was with the whole "unlock after beat game" thing? I like sticking with one save file, thank you very much. If we could choose difficulty from the very beginning, both kids and vet players could enjoy it alike.

Oh, and storyline. X/Y had something really special... and then dropped the ball terribly. Please do something like B/W again, GF. Or hell even like Colosseum, something a bit darker. Not too dark that kids won't like it, but grimmer than "yay Pokemon friendship" that B/W did so beautifully.

They actually already do have different kinds of AI. The E4, Ace Trainers, etc, make better decisions, such as aiming for your Pokemon with super-effective attacks, than lower tiers, such as more "greenhorn" trainers or wild Pokemon, who generally alternate attacks or may pick something ineffective, or try to set up instead of attacking the thing that they could easily KO.
It'd be simple, just transfer better AI to the lower tiers of trainers {with the obvious exception of wild Pokemon}, and we're golden. Give the higher-tier trainers great movesets and items a la Pokemon World Tournament in BW2 to compensate for their now not-exclusive "intelligence".

I think a great first step would be to remove the option to switch Pokémon after you cause the opponent's Pokémon to faint. That way, you can't constantly cycle type matchups to your benefit.

You know just as well as I do that any increased difficulty initiated by game freak will amount to nothing more than increased AI cheating, and that's not fun for anyone.

I'll never forget when a rhydon swept my battle tower team by fissuring me with quick claw activation 3 times in a row. Please no more of that, ever.

quality of life/interface, there's so many little things that could be improved easily and wouldn't fundamentally change the game at all like;

-mega stones (and maybe other items types like pokeballs or evolutionary items) having their own bag slot
-getting rid the 'free space' bag slot
-why doesn't the day care man yell at me any more when eggs are ready?
-learning a 5th move is stupid and can get you stuck in a long text loop
-having a 'stone emporium' that only sells 3 types of stones, adding them to the battle mansion last time was a good idea too, why did they remove them
-PSS pop-ups can be fun every now and then, "why not do a wonder trade?" but let us turn them off, they come up way too frequently and there's no need for them to appear if you're offline
-automatically connect to PSS
-put a pc in your house or in the first town so you don't need to carry fly to the elite 4 (not that grinding the elite 4 is worth it now)

plus a whole heap more things i can't think of off the top of my head.

some of the bigger things that would help a lot though would be to bring back all the good stuff from previous games like: the pokemon world tournament, difficulty settings, more things to do post-game, non-battling things (like musicals, pokathlons, secret bases, funfest missions, and beauty contests), more emphasis on different battle types in game (like a gym leader double battle, or a rotation battle elite 4 etc).

I'll never forget when a rhydon swept my battle tower team by fissuring me with quick claw activation 3 times in a row. Please no more of that, ever.
yeah, but that's only in the battle tower/subway/masion and not actaully in-game. its also not really upping the AI, its just abusing hax. though, i agree it is frustrating/stupid as fuck.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I think one easy (but infuriating?) way to actually make the games harder would be the addition of level caps linked to badges (optionally, of course). Say, until you beat the first gym, you can only level to lvl 15. Battles beyond that would yield no experience (with the possible exception of the Gym Leader match itself). Get more badges to allow your Pokémon to level further. Add in better team for the Gym Leaders, and you'd be forced to actually lay a strategy to win.

It would be really nice with a list of difficulty settings like that. Tick off those you'd like to use. Better Gym Leaders, like in BW2, could be one option. The level cap another. Turning off the Pokémon-Amie battle benefits. Banning item usage during trainer battles. Perhaps even an actual Nuzlocke setting. It would allow players to adjust the difficulty of the game, between "walk in the park" to "unforgiving" and anything in between.

Other than that, though, I'd really like to see some variation in the story lines. Until now, ever since RSE, the story has been: "You've just moved to a new region with your mother. Then the regional professor sends you and your friend(s) out on a quest to fill the Pokédex. Along the way you battle eight Gym Leaders and an evil team of baddies. Then you win the Pokémon League." (in RBY and GSC, the difference is that you've lived in the starter town for many years, and your rival isn't as friendly).

I wish they could at least shake it up somewhat. Perhaps make it so that defeating the evil team is your main purpose, and beating the gyms is just something you do along the way (to get the necessary HMs to pass obstacles, or to prove your worth to the Gym Leader, or any other weird reason). Then when the evil team is banished, you figure you're qualified for the Elite Four challenge, so you might as well give that a try. Or you could be sent on your way for any other purpose than "in the professor's lab, you're sent out on an adventure!" and then suddenly have you realize you're having an adventure after a while. Or they could ditch the evil team altogether. Just... something to shake up the formula. It doesn't have to be revolutionary or groundbreaking or anything, just a little variation would be nice.

At least I'm grateful that they've done something to the formulaity of the Pokémon designs in Gen. VI. Lowering the number of Legendaries, giving the early bird/rodent a different type, utilizing old Pokémon where they can instead of making new ones to fill the same purpose (hi, BW!) and so forth.

@ above - you already have an established group of friends in bw and barry in d/p/pt, so having "just moved" being the formula is incorrect.

Nuzlocke? Nah, the idea that a Pokemon dies goes completely against what the creator wants. He specifically said, "Pokemon do not die in battle, only faint," because he hates all of the gratuitous violence in games today. The professor thing was broken in X/Y, too - Sycamore is not involved in giving you the Pokemon at the start of the game, right? Wasn't it Shauna that gives you one as a gift? You don't even meet him until Lumiose, after all. I'd say that's quite the shake-up.

Furthermore, sending a kid out on a journey to have some fun with Pokemon makes considerably more sense than sending a greenhorn trainer to kick the crap out of a criminal organization that could easily split their Froakie in half. I know, Pokemon as a whole doesn't make a terrible amount of sense, but at least the team thing is excusable in that it more or less happens, and wasn't a direct reason for their going out - especially since, when it does begin to happen, the trainer at least has some experience and skill. Furthermore, the lighthearted facade helps to introduce you to the game before we get to the nitty-gritty stuff.

I like the idea of editing clauses, though - an advanced options menu with those would be super cool.
#makeithappengf

I just want something like Colosseum again. Want something different besides "greenhorn trainer that beats evil team along the way?" Colosseum. You had a main character whose purpose was the evil team, and he had not new mons to start out with. And an overall dark storyline. Unfortunately, it got pretty poor sales, which may have said something about its premise and the fans' reactions to it, but I feel that now, with Pokemon in its 6th gen, something like Colosseum would go better among its more veteran fans.

Yeah, I tend to agree with you farranpoison, for me it's just the games being too similar to each other that really gets my goat. I have never played Pokemon Colloseum, and I'm not holding my breath for another Colosseum-esque game, because it didn't sell the first time.

I'm surprised that the biggest complaint is that the games are too easy, but I guess that may be influenced by the fact that this problem was at its very worst in XY, where the EXP Share mechanics were, quite frankly, taking the piss. But, as other people have said, it's for kids (although, like I said, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is for kids and I'm still stuck on the final level), and besides, that's what nuzlocking, speedrunning and competitive battling are for.

EDIT: after writing this post I was inspired to exorcise the demons and finally complete that last SMG2 level. I spent two hours, died 100 times, and didn't get anywhere.

Last edited:
I agree with Cobradoll...

Then the regional professor sends you and your friend(s)
I don't want to be friends with my rival. I want him to say "smell ya later" and be an asshole. God, I can still remember beating Lance and then thinking I was Champion... but there was Blue with his fucking Blastoise (I was 4, I think). That was a great twist. I think the rival should return to being your rival, and should show up when it's least convenient again. That used to be the magic of Pokémon for me, beating the rival, because he/she was such an a-hole. I don't want more "friendship."

And God were your friends annoying or what in the last game? I hated that dancing guy. Dude, you're fat. You can't dance.

this problem was at its very worst in XY, where the EXP Share mechanics were, quite frankly, taking the piss.
I actually liked the EXP share mechanics. It meant less grinding. But the AI needs to step it up in response. Grinding ≠ difficulty for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually liked the EXP share mechanics. It meant less grinding. But the AI needs to step it up in response. Grinding ≠ difficulty for me.
You needed grinding to get through Pokemon games? The only grinding I can think I've ever needed to do really is before Brock in Yellow, or in Red/Blue if I chose Charmander.

Grinding was never really mandatory in Pokemon games. Sure, there were some spots where it could help you in challenging fights, but it's something you just sorta rolled with unless you were paying attention to levels.

Like for me, I always made it a point to grind my starter to evolve before the first gym (if possible, like in GSC/HGSS it wasn't really doable). It made me super overleveled for some games, but that's what I did. Was it necessary? No.

You needed grinding to get through Pokemon games? The only grinding I can think I've ever needed to do really is before Brock in Yellow, or in Red/Blue if I chose Charmander.
Ok fair, I'm remembering being four and being stuck outside Cerulean gym, but I still liked the EXP share mechanics. It allowed me to switch up my Pokémon team more freely and experiment.

The two that resonate with me are too easy and too linear. X/Y was incredibly easy; I even turned the EXP. Share off, and still steamrolled my way through. A challenge key-esque system would help, but the big problem is AI. Things like Korrina's Hawlucha, which was supposed to be hard, were made moot by a Honedge. They need better movesets, and better knowledge of how to use them.

Linearity would be substantially harder to fix. A system that lets you challenge the gyms in any order, while cool, would be incredibly hard to pull off due to the framework set up by the current games. We'd have to do away with "X badge lets you use Y HM", since we would have to be able to go anywhere; same thing goes for "X badge lets pokemon up to level Y obey you". Not only that, but the geography of the region would have to be complicated as hell; unlike the current routes, which are clean, but linear, any attempt to make a multipath layout would result in an incredibly messy map. Lastly, an attempt to make nonlinear Gym paths would wreak havoc with any evil team story they try to set up; while some of us can deal with that, most players would probably be disappointed.

The two that resonate with me are too easy and too linear. X/Y was incredibly easy; I even turned the EXP. Share off, and still steamrolled my way through. A challenge key-esque system would help, but the big problem is AI. Things like Korrina's Hawlucha, which was supposed to be hard, were made moot by a Honedge. They need better movesets, and better knowledge of how to use them.

Linearity would be substantially harder to fix. A system that lets you challenge the gyms in any order, while cool, would be incredibly hard to pull off due to the framework set up by the current games. We'd have to do away with "X badge lets you use Y HM", since we would have to be able to go anywhere; same thing goes for "X badge lets pokemon up to level Y obey you". Not only that, but the geography of the region would have to be complicated as hell; unlike the current routes, which are clean, but linear, any attempt to make a multipath layout would result in an incredibly messy map. Lastly, an attempt to make nonlinear Gym paths would wreak havoc with any evil team story they try to set up; while some of us can deal with that, most players would probably be disappointed.
As far as fixing the linearity, I think dealing with a poor evil team for a few games would be a price most would be willing to pay for less linear games. The villainous team could be made good after a few attempts, it would just be hard to adapt to.

Besides, they've already set a low bar for themselves on villainous teams. Therefore, they can't fail too badly on their first few attempts at it.

I guess, but it makes the game fall into the "nonexistent story" trap which is also in the poll. It would just be so incredibly hard to make a Pokemon game with multiple paths work without completely obliterating the setup we have currently that it wouldn't be worth the effort.

If (for this applies to every game in existance) a game is just 1 game, it generally is a full game in that sense.

Should a game be something like "3 games in 1" or something, the quality and lentgh of all 3 are lowered due to split effort. This is the problem. If a game was made where you travel through all 6 regions getting 48 badges fighting everything possible in 1 plotline (tied, not seperate) then the overall time and quality may be split to be the average game worthy, where it should be 6x better and longer in terms of story AND post game.

TL;DR everything and there's an easy fix full of effort

To make the game at least a bit hard, make the Gym leader's highest level mon 2 levels higher than your highest level mon, and his other mon the level of your highest mon. This can also allow GameFreak to let the player skip around gyms without serious level problems like Kanto and Johto.

Also, the Gym Leaders should have actual teams. And they should be able to play to the strengths of their type. Bug-types are not supposed to use Infestation, they are supposed to try to Quiver Dance sweep. Items would help too.

Something like this, while a bit overkill, could work very well in a game:

Normal-type gym leader, using Inverse Battles.
Summary: Normal-type moves are unresisted in Inverse, so why not capitalize on this?

Porygon-Z@Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
-Tri Attack
-Hyper Beam

Exploud@Choice Specs
Ability: Soundproof
-Boomburst

Chatot@Life Orb
Ability: whatever
-Nasty Plot
-Boomburst

Slaking@Choice Band
Ability: Truant
-Giga Impact

Snorlax@Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
-Curse
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Body Slam

Kangaskhan@Kangaskhanite (main mon)
Ability: Scrappy
-Power-Up Punch
-Return
-Ice Punch

Basically, you are not getting out of this gym alive. Period. At least, if you don't know what you're doing. Porygon-Z can be programmed to use Hyper Beam unless the opponent has Protect or something, so either using the recharge turn to set up or bringing a Snorlax with Protect and using X SpDefs on it is an easy way to beat it. But good luck beating him without strategy--which is the point of making it this hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)