What do you miss most from the Gen. I era?

I miss the Pay Day TM. That was always one of my favourite moves. Yellow Pikachu with Pay Day is the best starter ever. These days its learnbase has devolved to the point that Persian doesn't learn it, it needs to learn it as a Meowth.

Also the hilarity of Minimize keeping the user's sprite as the tiny thing, and Acid Armor making the user invisible. Yay for attacks coming from tiny or invisible things.

Persian being good. It was one of my favorite Pokemon, along with Moltres. Also, I miss the simplicity of the game mechanics.

Like many others, I miss being ignorant of IVs/EVs/competitiveness of pokemon in general. Now all I do is breed, clone, and research. Sigh.

Catching Legendaries are not the same as they used to be. I mean when it was Mewtwo, Ho-oh, and Lugia, they were tough to catch, now pokemon games just have legendaries all over the place. Even catching the legendary cats/dogs and birds was tough. Now, not so much, they have more legendaries and it's not as fun

I miss playing basketball with my neighbors everyday after school and then the loser always getting pissed off and challenging the other to a Pokemon battle x[

Fissure as a TM. My BrainBoy. Ability to get all starters in yellow. Playing with my cousins almost every day. Watching the episodes and actually laughing or cheering on someone. The list goes on and on. It's obvious that those truly were the golden days. If GameFreak were to somehow make a live battle over wifi with RANDOM people, patch up all the holes, make ubers playlist and adjustable rules, and everything else, I'll take back every cuss word I said to them when they brought out DP. I also miss pokemon stadium and how mewtwo was impossible to beat. PBR is bullshit. it's the cheapest knockoff of pokemon stadium I have ever seen. If I've missed anything, look at Aether Nexus' post for reference because I agree with every word he uttered in that post.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just the simplicity, of the game along with all the craze around it....
even mewtwo being the best and charmander!!!

Turning down the volume on purpose every time I passed through Lavender town. That town had the fucking creepiest music.
Are you kidding me? Lavender has some of the best music ever. There really isn't any other track in the game that captures a mood like that one does.

I really miss the intimidating Gym Leaders who didn't want to be my friend and trade My Little Pony figures with me. The sprites were also really good, some being weird like Golbat but otherwise capturing Pokemon very well. Today's sprites are great for showing what the Pokemon looks like but otherwise boring.

I miss playing through a game that was actually very difficult to beat (pokemon stadium). Especially the Poke-cup which took forever, but I managed to pull through with my L54 Alakazam and L51 Jynx. I also miss how nicknaming the pokemon changed the pokemon's color in pokemon stadium.

I loved the music in generation I. It was the most epic music in the pokemon series discounting colloseum+XD.

This is more like something I dislike now compared to something I liked then, but I hate that there is still the Elite "Four," there is always a fifth person! Back then it was kind of unexpected, Lance's saying "You are the champion!... except Gary got here first." But now, after it happened in RBY, GSC, RSFRLGE, and DPPtHGSS, you know its going to happen again. They should just call it the "Elite Five" or surprise us by having a sixth person, like the mom from your hometown or the Professor, because they aren't fooling us anymore!

I miss the old 8-bit music and the fact that everything was original. I also sort of miss the Special stat, but that kind of made Psychic types a bit unfair in my opinion.

The cooler sprites of course but most of all the music.
Even though all the pokemon games have awesome music R\B\Y simply had the best out there.
Specially when you're in the team rocket building, when you fight Lance and your rival. But most of all the best one was deffinetly the regular battles against a trainer, classic.

I would have to say the number of pokemon. Even when silver and gold was released it wasn't too bad then with 250 as I recall. Wayyyyyy tooooo manyyyy now. Battling with the orginal 151. Playing with my buddies. Guess that's about it. Think that is everything.... Doh! Wouldn't mind seeing a R/B/Y type game done for the DS. I know they did FR and LG, but that was for the GBA. I am still new to the DS battle over wifi, but it almost seems too complicated. Would be nice to logon and not need to have all the FC stuff and what have you. Dunno just my thoughts lol.

Lt. Surge D:

He was the original badass American, talking about using Pokemon to inflict paralysis in World War II. Now they dumbed down his speech, drew sunglasses on him, and stuck him with a big, goofy smile...
[HGSS]

Beating my bro and his friend with my dream eater hypno.
Having friends who played and having debates about pokemon and all.
and Lavender town, I seriously was frightened of that town, I was about 6-7, and I used to ride my bike and go go go. I never wanted to even heal at its poke center. its music was so intimidating to me back then. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)