What do you miss most from the Gen. I era?

Just.....the introduction into the series was unbelievable.

And yeah, everybody used to love pokemon, now like, 3 out of like hundreds of kids I know actually know what a charizard is.

The mew glitch... It was about the most advanced 'mechanic' of the game I knew back then xD

If I still had my Red cartridge... :(
(Lost silver as well, but bought SoulSilver)

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I missed the S.S. Anne, I waited a long time for that boat...
Wonderful :D

I think I miss my naivety about Pokemon most. Not knowing what pokemon are gunna pop out of the grass on which route and such. Now I just know too much about the games to be that surprised(ego flex ;)

Other than that I miss Poliwrath's old sprite

Keep the hand strong

Yeah screw my first reason I miss Pimp-wrath :D

Nelson

Young, Wild & Free
I miss the fact to destroy the pokemon league with my mew two but also to believe that charizard was one of the best mons, when you see it's NU now... :(

Along with a lot of others the thing I miss most is having friends that are into these games as much as you are. I remember every lunch hour we would race to complete the game or we'd bullshit our way through playing TCG together, now that Im in highschool its so different. Its just considered stupid and if you dont agree then you are mocked. Even among my group of friends none would even consider playing Pokemon now.

I miss mono-attacking. Nowadays it's a lot harder to use one attack and get away with it, while back then the only immunities were: Ground to Electric, Ghost to Fighting, Ghost to Normal, and Flying to Ground if you don't include Lick.

Also I miss the small scale factor of it all. There were no millions of people in and out of the USA all making their own online groups and programs and while some of those are good, I just miss when playing Pokémon usually meant going to a friends house or to a local game store

Its just considered stupid and if you dont agree then you are mocked. Even among my group of friends none would even consider playing Pokemon now.
Those people are called "cowards" and I hope they are walked all over in the future

Wonderful :D

I think I miss my naivety about Pokemon most. Not knowing what pokemon are gunna pop out of the grass on which route and such. Now I just know too much about the games to be that surprised(ego flex ;)
Ya back when there was a huge mystery about it, I remember when I was 5 and got my hands on yellow for the first time. I was amazed and treated everything like it was super important.

Oh and when I didnt understand grinding. Back when I got yellow for the first time, I got stuck on brock. Like hardcore. I was complaining and my dad said let me play when you goto bed. I do, I wake up with a level 26 pikachu and butterfree. Brock and misty got swept hard. :)

I miss racing to lunch tables at lunch time, getting my good ol' link cable out and battling against friends. Life seemed so much more simple back then.

I miss the tm moves you obtained by giving water, soda and lemonade to that girl on the top of the big mart. In firered and leafgreen they arent there anymore.

When I was playing pokemon blue I really was a noob, I was dodging other trainers because I didnt want to fight =P And I had a zubat, muk and a lot of weak pokemon in my team 'cause I didnt know who was strong.

I kinda like the missingno bug btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)