1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

What happened to Warstories?

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by nintes, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nintes

nintes

Warstories were my favourite part of this site. I have been on a hiatus for a while, and when I come back I see that Warstories have been moved into the old and outdated threads section. Why?
  2. Steamroll

Steamroll Tasty
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Zarel's Replay viewer on Pokemon Showdown
  3. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

lol Steamroll.

Warstories sort of became less common / popular some time back. There wasn't as many warstories posted in the forums as in the past now, and those that had the quality to be archived were even rarer. So yea, the Warstories Archive are now 'archived'. There hasn't been a warstory sent into the archives for a year now.

However, that isn't to say that warstories are completely dead now. It's definitely a lot less common, but you're still allowed to post them. There just currently isn't enough activity warstory wise to justify having an active archive I guess ?_? Perhaps if there is enough popularity / activity, the Warstories Archive might be brought back idk :O!
  4. TheMantyke

TheMantyke Larvitard
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

Sandshrewz summed up everything very nicely. Warstories are still allowed, it's just that no one seems to want to write them considering how rare a warstory worthy battle is and how time consuming warstories can be to create.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)