what is your favorite movie?

Discussion in 'Congregation of the Masses' started by RODAN, Sep 28, 2012.

1. RODAN

RODAN the iron kenyan sucks penis
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributor

im not asking what movie you consider to be the most well made, just what you personally enjoy the most.

for me its a tie between
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

i adore conan the barbarian, it not only has the best original movie score in history - it also has arnold acting relatively well as what he plays best. A big dumb guy whos really strong and punches camels. also james earl jones is such a sleazebag

beauty and the beast on the other hand holds more personal memories for me, i would watch this movie every single week as a youngin; i have memorized nearly the entire movie. recently i rewatched it and was blown away at how well the story was actually told because you dont usually expect character depth from disney

post away!
  2. locopoke

locopoke indulges in unsavory behavior
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

3. Faint

Faint It's just business.
    is a Pre-Contributor

[​IMG]

LOTR: The Two Towers.

I love all 3 movies but the second one I would say is my favorite. I own a bunch of LOTR swag and re-watch the trilogy whenever possible. So pumped for The Hobbit.

[​IMG]

A good runner up. :)
  4. BiGGiE

BiGGiE bangin' on a trash can
    is a Battle Server Moderator

[​IMG]

This is my favorite movie. All of the subtle jabs at the upper class, the classic 80's charm, and Eddie Murphy at his best. Classic.
  5. Jebus McAzn

Jebus McAzn

[​IMG]

this movie man

also it's got a soundtrack that's made me cry before and it's not even a sad soundtrack or anything

it's just that good
  6. Danmire

Danmire the mental blade cut through flesh and bone
    is an Artist Alumnus

It's a tie between

[​IMG]
    I loved this book out of the 7 and I loved this movie out of the 8. I've always been a fan of Harry Potter movies, but this is the best one in my opinion. Sirius Black and Remus Lupin are fantastic characters(both film and book) and the two actors(Gary Oldman WOO) did a fantastic job.

and

[​IMG]
    And maybe How To Train Your Dragon is intentionally for little kids(I don't think so), but the story and the animation is just amazing. I've seen this movie God knows how many times, and I still cry a bit when I see it(specifically when Hiccup and Toothless are speeding through the cliffs after they almost crashed). It's just an amazing movie.
  7. V0x

V0x ah
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG]

JGL is so cute and Heath Ledger is so hot and so is the punk girl.

Closely followed by Some Kind of Wonderful and all those 80s movies EXCEPT Pretty in Pink because that is just bs.
  8. Princess Bubblegum

Princess Bubblegum

I can't decide, so Ill do both:

[​IMG][​IMG]

I also like pretty much all the star trek films, but their nostalgia doesn't come close to these 2.
  9. askaninjask

askaninjask everything is fine, nothing is ruined
    is a Forum Moderator

kung pow is the best movie
  10. PK Gaming

PK Gaming The truth is in my hands
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

I'll be posting for myself and Oglemi

[​IMG]

I've seen this film 7 times. It's nothing short of perfection.
  11. Wikey

Wikey

LOVE KUNG POW! My family and I quote this like those other annoying nerds quote Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

I also love Scott Pilgrim. But it is short of perfection.

[​IMG]
    Perfection is Shaun of the Dead. It is the greatest movie ever made. Hot Fuzz is close. But perfection really does require zombies.

So yeah, Shaun of the Dead is my favorite movie.
  12. Fishy

Fishy

[​IMG]

there are no big images of the actual movie cover but

[​IMG]

DRAGONHEART is my favorite movie of all time. I first watched it when I was very young, and it has remained very close to my heart since that first sitting. It made me love Dragons, it made me love Dennis Quiad, and it totally indulged my love of lore and the impossibly magnificent. I probably know every line of this movie, and never tire of watching it. Also fell in love with Sean Connery's voice, as a fucking DRAGON. god.
  13. Venom

Venom im an astronaut
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

14. Fishy

Fishy

also the simpsons movie was terrible

it didn't even have mr. burns

MR.

BURNS
  15. jumpluff

jumpluff ghosts will come & kiss our eyes
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I almost want to say Scott Pilgrim when this comes up, but I have to go with The Little Mermaid. Always makes me happy, always inspires me, always has ever since I was super little ^___^ Like RODAN and I were discussing, it's one of the ultimate wish fulfillment movies too -- Ariel gets everything she wants, including the compromise option of living near the sea while being on land.
  16. TheMantyke

TheMantyke Consumed by TCG. Please send help.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

[​IMG]

It's pronounced fraunkensteen.

I don't think I've ever seen a movie so jam packed with timeless gags and jokes like this one. 40 years after its release, it's still a fantastic comedy.
  17. Trax

Trax

18. Draycos7

Draycos7

Inception and The Princess Bride are tied in my mind.
  19. RODAN

RODAN the iron kenyan sucks penis
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributor

hey guys when you are posting about your movies please explain why you like it so it isnt pc++++
  20. BlakBlastoise

BlakBlastoise

[​IMG]
    This movie is fucking pwr ful.
    200 thousand in gold. if you just give me some water.
  21. Samuel L. Jesus

Samuel L. Jesus

Austin Powers the spy who shagged me. It was one of the first PG13 (!!!) movies I saw as a kid, still think it's really funny. Plus Heather Graham was really hot in it.
  22. PoJ

PoJ

Oh, that's tough. But, a for sure favorite would be Finding Nemo. I'll always love that movie. It had a very interesting plot (and talking fish) and the characters were easy to like. I don't really have any other favorites.... I liked The Hunger Games but it wasn't good enough to be my favorite :p
  23. Shiny Mew2

Shiny Mew2

[​IMG]
    I just don't know why. Maybe the soundtrack, maybe their retardation. Either that, or Iron Man?
  24. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

I really do not like movies. I rarely watch them, and when I do I generally only watch them once ever. There are a very rare few movies that I'll watch more than once.

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

are probably the only two movies I've ever watched more than 3 times, with all of the Star Trek and Star Wars movies coming in behind them.
  25. polelover44

polelover44

It's a tie between these two:

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)