SPOILERS! "What Isn't A Pokemon Yet" Repository (+ Type Combinations & Super Forms)

Either. As I said I choose the one which I think will be best for people to recognize. For many of the prehistoric animals that's not possible thus I go with their species classification name, but some do and may recently extinct animals have "general" names. I look up everything I put on the list so if you just post its species classification I'll go check it. If I think it could go on the list I check to see if it has a "general" name and if it does I put it down as that but if it doesn't I'll put down its species classification.
Hmmm... let's see if I can be clever this time....
btw kudos for your adorbs handle :)
pitcher plant, stink badger, aardwolf, and linsang I don't think are on the list (but I could be wrong).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hmmm... let's see if I can be clever this time....
btw kudos for your adorbs handle :)
pitcher plant, stink badger, aardwolf, and linsang I don't think are on the list (but I could be wrong).
1. Added Aardwold and Linsang to the list.
2. Bellsprout family is based on the Pitcher Plant.
3. While not exactly the same, Linoone looks similar enough to the Stink Badger.

1. Added Aardwold and Linsang to the list.
2. Bellsprout family is based on the Pitcher Plant.
3. While not exactly the same, Linoone looks similar enough to the Stink Badger.
Oh my gosh I completely forgot about the Bellsprout line fffff
Haha at least I got two on the list :)
I'll post if I can think of anymore~

Oh my gosh I completely forgot about the Bellsprout line fffff
Haha at least I got two on the list :)
I'll post if I can think of anymore~
Yeah, Victreebel is basically an over-grown, monster, and sometimes–man-eating–pitcher plant.

My advice at this point: look up cryptids, use command+f while viewing Pikachu315111's list, type in your critter, and see if it is there.

Speaking of critters, does anyone think that the Critters (A.K.A. 'Crites'/'Krites') from the movie series of the same title think they'd make an interesting Pokemon, or are they just a little too much like Langoliers?

We don't really have a robot pokemon. The closest thing we have to that are Porygon, Porygon-2 and Porygon-Z, but those are software.

We don't really have a robot pokemon. The closest thing we have to that are Porygon, Porygon-2 and Porygon-Z, but those are software.
What about Golett and Golurk? Well, I believe they are technically Automaton, but it's basically the same thing...

EDIT:
I'm dumb. They're synonyms. Anyway, they are still basically robots - even all their PokeDex entries starting from BW indirectly claim they are robot-like.

EDIT 2:
Ah, now I remember. I nicknamed my Golett Automaton...

Last edited:
What about Golett and Golurk? Well, I believe they are technically Automaton, but it's basically the same thing...

EDIT:
I'm dumb. They're synonyms. Anyway, they are still basically robots - even all their PokeDex entries starting from BW indirectly claim they are robot-like.

EDIT 2:
Ah, now I remember. I nicknamed my Golett Automaton...

A robot and automaton aren't exactly the same. When people think of robots, they largely think of more modern, electrical objects with artificial intelligence while automatons make people think of older, maybe even magical objects that are just alive with no explanation.

Looking through cryptids database. This ought to provide a bunch of fascinating critters to look through. Even I'm shocked by some of the stuff that people report to sight. Here is what I found:

Adjule (A.K.A. Bush Dog)
Air Rod
Alien Big Cat
Altamaha-ha
Arabhar
Atmospheric Beasts
Batsquatch
Bear Dog (A.K.A. Waheela): This could be put in the fossil category, since they did live as far back as 2 million years ago, and at least as recently as 10,000 years ago. It can be described as "a wolf on steroids".
Beast of Gevaudan (though the description from eyewitnesses seems to match that of the extinct mesonychid, an odd hyena-like predator that was the size of a horse, and had hoofed paws).

I'm going to not include cryptids like that of the Loch Ness Monster that have similar reported appearances, because they could be the same creatures: relic basilosaurus or plesiosaurus populations.

Another interesting bedtime story is that of raptors still living in Australia, specifically in Darling Downs, a farming region Queensland, where farmers have heard strange noises that cryptozoologists attribute to Muttaburrasaurus, but chances has it, that these noises just come from wallabies.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
JES :
Added Crite (though it looks a bit like a Gengar).

Mulan15262 :
I think just "robot" is too unspecific, since exactly what kind of robot do you mean? If you look through Steel-type Pokemon many seem robot-like (and then there's inanimate Pokemon who resemble non-metal robots like the Legendary Golems or the Golett family).

JES (part 2):
Added Alien Big Cat (as Phantom Cat), Altamaha-ha, Arabhar, Bear Dog, and Beast of Gevaudan
2. Adjule seem to be debunked as being African Wild Dogs which are on the list.
3. "Air Rod" is another named for "Rods/Skyfish/Solar Entities" which are in CONCEPTS.
4. Atmospheric Beasts is too unspecific, since many flying-type Pokemon could be considered Atmospheric Beasts (infact one source mentioned Rayquaza was one).
5. Batsquatch is similar to the Ahool.
6. Lapras represents the Loch Ness Monster and other Plesiosaur-like creatures.
7. Well we already have Raptor on the list.

List Update:
I added Graboid and Sandworm to the list.

Reactions: JES
Yeah, Victreebel is basically an over-grown, monster, and sometimes–man-eating–pitcher plant.

My advice at this point: look up cryptids, use command+f while viewing Pikachu315111's list, type in your critter, and see if it is there.

Speaking of critters, does anyone think that the Critters (A.K.A. 'Crites'/'Krites') from the movie series of the same title think they'd make an interesting Pokemon, or are they just a little too much like Langoliers?
lol I know, that's what I've been doing minus the cryptid part

JES :
Added Crite (though it looks a bit like a Gengar).

Mulan15262 :
I think just "robot" is too unspecific, since exactly what kind of robot do you mean? If you look through Steel-type Pokemon many seem robot-like (and then there's inanimate Pokemon who resemble non-metal robots like the Legendary Golems or the Golett family).

JES (part 2):
Added Alien Big Cat (as Phantom Cat), Altamaha-ha, Arabhar, Bear Dog, and Beast of Gevaudan
2. Adjule seem to be debunked as being African Wild Dogs which are on the list.
3. "Air Rod" is another named for "Rods/Skyfish/Solar Entities" which are in CONCEPTS.
4. Atmospheric Beasts is too unspecific, since many flying-type Pokemon could be considered Atmospheric Beasts (infact one source mentioned Rayquaza was one).
5. Batsquatch is similar to the Ahool.
6. Lapras represents the Loch Ness Monster and other Plesiosaur-like creatures.
7. Well we already have Raptor on the list.

List Update:
I added Graboid and Sandworm to the list.
Yeah, Gengar would be a Crite, if he had rows of razor-sharp teeth, were Physical and not special, furry, could use Crunch and Rollout, and ate everything in sight. Sounds like a lovely new Pokemon to me.

Fair enough for the Adjule, and yes indeed, Rayquaza is an Atmospheric Beast, and I guess that I'm satisfied with him for the moment. And yeah, the Batsquatch could easily be the same species as the Ahool. Glad that someone already thought of the Ahool BTW. Very interesting creature. Not sure that I agree with Lapras representing all Plesiosaur-like creatures though. I love Lapras, but I'd like one more, with teeth, and a more aggressive personality, as opposed to Lapras's placid nature. But I guess that we could just get a Plesiosaur Fossil (or living) Pokemon, and I'd be satisfied with that. And yeah, we do have raptors on the list. Just thought it would be an interesting story to tell. Still, it might be interesting to have a non-Rock/Fossil Raptor based on the stories. This department is your choice though, since it is your thread.

And I love you for adding the good ole' Graboid and Sandworm. I see that someone already thought of the Mongolian Death Worm. Thumbs up to whoever thought of that. I see I'm not the only one here who loves cryptid stories.

And don't worry, there are many more cryptids where that came from. I didn't even finish the list of cryptids starting with the letter B.

Mulan15262 :
The only steel-types that even come close to resembling robots are Genesect (although that is more like a cyborg) and the Beldum family (though those are more supercomputer-like). Steel-type pokemon are mainly steel objects (honedge, klink, and Bronzor families) or pokemon that simply have large amounts of steel (most steel-types).

I was meaning the metal and electrical humanoid robots (like what you see when you google image search "robot") by robot, although I suppose robots like the ones you see in factories could also be used.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Not sure that I agree with Lapras representing all Plesiosaur-like creatures though. I love Lapras, but I'd like one more, with teeth, and a more aggressive personality, as opposed to Lapras's placid nature. But I guess that we could just get a Plesiosaur Fossil (or living) Pokemon, and I'd be satisfied with that. And yeah, we do have raptors on the list. Just thought it would be an interesting story to tell. Still, it might be interesting to have a non-Rock/Fossil Raptor based on the stories. This department is your choice though, since it is your thread.
1. Just to note, the FOSSIL section doesn't mean the animals listed there are being restricted to being Fossil Pokemon. I just named them Fossil because that's what most likely they'll be made into if any are made into Pokemon.
2. I can see how the kind and calm Lapras may not be what a person looking for a predatory Plesiosaur is looking for. Sadly I think this is similar to the "cartoon looking art" discussion we had a while back. It may not be what someone is looking for, but you can't deny it's a Plesiosaur. Also note that just because it's not on the list it doesn't mean GameFreak won't ever make another Pokemon similar to one that already exists (Tyranitar was the closest thing to a T-Rex before Tyrunt family). And remember we have yet to see a a Mega Lapras...

I was meaning the metal and electrical humanoid robots (like what you see when you google image search "robot") by robot, although I suppose robots like the ones you see in factories could also be used.
So you're looking for something along the line of F-00 from PokeStar Studio's move "Everlasting Memories"?

I guess I can add it as "Humanoid Robot" and "Industrial Robot", though remember if one is ever made it may not be Steel/Electric.

A TARDIGRADE POKEMON
Already on the list under CELL/MICRO.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Aquatic: Osedax, tunicates, vellela, cuttlefish, sea ghost, sea butterflies/ sea angels
and I'm sure there will be much more sea creatures than that.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
djanxo unchained:
Added Tunicate & Velella.
2. I think Inkay might be based a bit on a cuttlefish.
3. Manaphy family is based on a sea butterfly/sea angel.
4. Osedax is already on the list.
5. I couldn't find an animal called a "sea ghost", the only things called "sea ghost" were ghosts/spirits in Japanese mythology. Though after some digging I did find an animal called the "snailfish" that are famed for having members being the deepest living fish, and recently a new one was discovered that was described as being "ghostly" in appearance. Was that the animal you were referring too? Eitherway, I did add the snailfish to the list.

Le Kangaskhan says hi.
Unless Kangaskhan just doesn't match the The Avalanches criteria? I'm going to be the devil's advocate for once, and say that I'd personally like a Kangaroo line that could learn Mega Kick, Hi-Jump Kick, Blaze Kick, Double Kick, and other kicking moves. At least Kangaskhan certainly has the strength...

Snubbull and Granbull don't really satisfy my want for a Pug Pokemon. They are much more like a bulldog and are missing the curly tail, bug eyes, wrinkles and snout that makes the Pug a beautiful magnificent creature.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Unless Kangaskhan just doesn't match the The Avalanches criteria? I'm going to be the devil's advocate for once, and say that I'd personally like a Kangaroo line that could learn Mega Kick, Hi-Jump Kick, Blaze Kick, Double Kick, and other kicking moves. At least Kangaskhan certainly has the strength...
Actually we have two "kangaroo" Pokemon: Kangaskhan (combined with Mongolian armor, hence its English name. It takes more from Kangaroos carrying young in its pouch) and Breloom (combined with a mushroom. It takes more from boxing Kangaroos). But as you noted, we don't have a kangaroo-like Pokemon based on its jumping skills. But with that all said, we do have a kangaroo Pokemon (it may not be the one you want, but it does exist).

That said, I guess I can add "Jumping Kangaroo" (though we do have a Tree-Kangaroo already on the list) if some of you would like.

Snubbull and Granbull don't really satisfy my want for a Pug Pokemon. They are much more like a bulldog and are missing the curly tail, bug eyes, wrinkles and snout that makes the Pug a beautiful magnificent creature.
1. Added Pug to the list.

Haha, Smash Bros. characters. I wonder if Gamefreak will ever come out and do that very very deliberately. I honestly haven't noticed it too much, except Chansey is kinda like Kirby, huh? I even remember a Prima strategy guide making a reference like that.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Haha, Smash Bros. characters. I wonder if Gamefreak will ever come out and do that very very deliberately. I honestly haven't noticed it too much, except Chansey is kinda like Kirby, huh? I even remember a Prima strategy guide making a reference like that.
I'd say Jigglypuff would be Kirby, or if you want a character that's not already in Smash then maybe Clefairy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)