What to do if...

Say your pokemon uses Explosion, or kills the foe and dies from recoil or Life Orb.

Basically the field is cleared, and both trainers have to send in a new pokemon.

Having no idea what they will send out (assuming you both have 5-3 left) what is your best choice to send out?

A wall, a sweeper?

What decision to make?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I would switch in my support, at least set something up to keep the match going after losing a Pokemon. Wish, BP, Trick Room...along the lines of that. And my support is always bulky, to survive the common switch-in of scarfed sweepers as the others have suggested.

Hmm, A lead is a good idea. You could use your opening stratagy again. I wouldnt do that if you opener was a sleeper though (if they still have a slept guy).

It depends on what they have - if I saw all of their Pokemon, I'd guess who's coming out and pick the right counter.

Check and see what your opponent has left, and pick the option that will do the best against the most of his pokemon. Openings like this are all you need to set up a sweep with something that you wouldn't of normally been able to get in otherwise.

Well I generally send out weavile in hopes of trap killing a dragon or even a wall just to see a bullet punch in face by a metagross.

I was just in this situation this morning. I usually send out a mix-wall or anything bulky that can take a hit or two. Sometimes, I send out a Dugtrio which is probably a bad idea, considering how many of you would consider sending out a Scarf user.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I either send my lead or a Scarfer Heatran. If anything, I can Earth Power the incoming Infernape (double death = free switch-in for the monkey).

Either my lead or something that I know counters my opponent's entire team if I set it up. Like if I knew that my Gyara could rape the entire team with a free DD I would send it out.

If I knew what my opponent had, then I would try to pick the best counter. If not, then I just choose something that my opponent has already seen or something that is going to die anyways to go out, and scout with that.

Anything Scarf'd could work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)