1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

What was your in-game team in GSC?

Discussion in 'Historical Threads' started by Legacy Raider, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Legacy Raider

Legacy Raider
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Back when we had no idea what EVs and IVs were... back when we put pokemon on our teams because they looked cool, we liked them, or we had a gut feeling that 'this pokemon would be awesome on my team'.

My in game team in my Gold was something along the lines of...

[​IMG]
    Typhlosion - Oh my god how kickass was this thing. You could literally take apart the entire Elite Four with it alone. I loved its looks and powerful Flamethrower.

[​IMG]
    Scizor - It just looked so powerful, and its typing was so unique (Forretress go cry in a corner!). Even though it had no Bullet Punch or anything like that back then, it was still a really cool pokemon.

[​IMG]
    Raikou - My favourite of the legendary dogs. I personally always thought it was a tiger lol. I remember I got really annoyed because it wouldn't learn Thunderbolt for ages and I had to make do with Spark.

[​IMG]
    Kingdra - It was the best dragon there was back then. Much cooler than old Dragonite. It was the final pokemon of the last gym leader in Johto and so it did have a kind of legendary status attached to it.

[​IMG]
    Heracross - Was really hard to get because it only appeared in those 'special' headbutt trees. Another of my favourite pokemon from GSC.

[​IMG]
    Houndoom - As soon as I saw Houndoom I became infatuated with the dark type. It looked so evil and powerful, and was just a badass pokemon in general.

So how about you guys? If you remember what pokemon you used in your in game teams in the GSC games, post here and let us all know!

LR.
  2. starfox

starfox

Typloshion
    Dragonite
    Lugia

Thats all i remember though my old gold broke :(.
    ~Star Fox
  3. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon

The first time round I beat the game with a super-leveled Typhlosion, but after that I ran something like Heracross/Alakazam/Meganium/Golem/Gengar/Snorlax.
  4. Solidus

Solidus

[​IMG]
    Feraligatr - Omg, Feraligatr just looked so cool, and I always pick Water starters. I never took this out of my team.

[​IMG]
    Umbreon - Umbreon just looked so spooky but in a cool way. His high defenses was really how I got such a liking to it.

[​IMG]
    Steelix - Whenever I had finally evolved my Onix into a Steelix, I was so happy. Back then, Steelix seemed invincible.

[​IMG]
    Misdreavus - Almost everytime I used this in ingame battles, I'd Mean Look/Perish Song and almost always win.

[​IMG]
    Raikou - I was always using Raikou in my teams, because of its high speed. I beat the E4 easily thanks to Raikou.

[​IMG]
    Shuckle - Another Pokemon that I was nearly obsessed with because of its elite defenses.
  5. Darkartisan

Darkartisan

I used to run Lugia/Suicune/Scizor/Feraligatr/???/???

I can't remember the rest, I was about 7 so I was a little young, it was 7 years ago so =/

All I remember is that final battle with red on that stone plateau, with his Pikachu. I remember losing miserably, and then my little sister somehow restarting the game. Ugh, I have always wanted to rematch red ever since.
  6. Diana

Diana This isn't even my final form
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor Alumnus

Ah yes, GSC. How I loved those games. Well, here's what my team looked like, surprisingly good looking back at it.

Typhlosion: The only time that I really loved a fire starter, it was just fast, cool-looking, powerful, what else could you want? It won so easily in-game with Flamethrower and Thunderpunch.

Fearow: I found this as a Spearow accidentally wandering onto Route 46 and decided to try it out. Maybe not the best or newest flyer but I loved it.

Poliwrath: I especially loved how I could get this really early in Crystal, but as a little kid anything with Surf, Dynamicpunch, Psychic, Ice Punch, and Earthquake amazed me.

Slowbro: This was kind of the same as Poliwrath, and I got dissed in my neighborhood for having it all the time too until they lost to it.

Magneton: I wanted to try out the Steel-type, and when I heard the old Magnet Pokemon had the new type and I could steel use an electric move I decided to go for it. Maybe not the best choice but it was still cool to use.

Exeggutor: It was an Exeggcute for next to forever but held its own, especially when it evolved and learned Giga Drain.
  7. CardsOfTheHeart

CardsOfTheHeart

My Gold game was the only game where I raised a team of Lv100 Pokemon. I thought I had actually accomplished something. :P

I had:

Feraligatr - Surf / Dig / Blizzard / Return (or was it Headbutt?)

Machamp - Cross Chop / ThunderPunch / Fire Punch / Ice Punch

Golem - Earthquake / Defense Curl / Rollout / DynamicPunch

Alakazam - Psychic / Fire Punch / Thunder Wave (or maybe Seismic Toss? I don't remember.) / Recover

Noctowl - Fly / Steel Wing / Hypnosis / Dream Eater

Ampharos - Thunder / Fire Punch / Iron Tail / Thunder Wave/Cotton Spore? (I really don't remember the last move.)

Oh how naive I was back then...
  8. Plus

Plus real vibes
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG]
    Typhlosion

This thing was awesome when it ripped through everything with Flamethrower and Thunderpunch. I also loved it's sprite.

[​IMG]
    Crobat

This thing was fun to use. I spammed Confuse Ray and Fly on the opponent all the time. I heard that Zubat got an evo, and I just HAD to have it.

[​IMG]
    Lanturn

My favorite Water type back in the day. It was awesome how it could use Electric and Water type moves along with having beast HP. It was great.

[​IMG]
    Umbreon

When I saw Umbreon for the first time, I knew I had to get one, just like Crobat. It took hits like a champ and could shrug it off with Moonlight.

[​IMG]
    Dragonite

The only fully evolved Dragon type from RBY. Since it got access to an ACTUAL dragon move such as Outrage, it attracted me. Because of Outrage alone, it earned a spot in my team.

[​IMG]
    Ampharos

In the route after Violet City, I encountered a Mareep. It looked awesome, so I decided to train it. Thunderpunch and Firepunch ripped through a lot, just like Typhlosion.
  9. Master_Sora

Master_Sora

Good thing my crystal version is still alive.

Tyranitar - I like dinosaurs
    Lugia-I like dragons
    Umbreon- I just found him appealing
    Dragonite- I like dragons
    Heracross- I like beetles
    Hm Slave- Self Explanatory
  10. Xia

Xia aka Lone Gansel
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Typhlosion- I forgot which type I stared with in Blue (water), so I just randomly picked one. I loved him because he was the only fire type I knew that lerned an electric move. That made him seem like the shit.

Gyarados- Always stuck with Surf as his water move, but that happens. He looked so badass, and he was a beast, so of course he was here. I didn't get one until I had the EXP Share, because I hated raising Magikarp. XD

Ampharos- My 2nd favorite Silver pokemon (behind Quilava). I nicknamed him Amphy after Jasmine's, and from the time I caught it it was part of the team.

Sneasle- I caught him right out front of Mt. Silver, and loved the fact that he was super fast. I wasn't a big competitive batler, so the type overlap with Ttar wasn't that big of a deal.

Alakazam- Dude, it's Alakazam, what isn't there to like?

Tyranitar- It took FOR RE VERRR (Sandlot style =]) to evolve, but it was well worth the wait. I remember taking him alone into the Elite Four and just mauling. Red's Blastoise always killed him, though, so Amphy went with him to Mt. Silver. =/

Ah, the memories. =]
  11. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon

I would have said he is more of a bird, hence the flying typing instead of dragon.
  12. RODAN

RODAN INFERNO COP
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributor

Espeon
    Meganium
    Seaking
    Rhydon
    Crobat
    Ampharos
  13. Tyranitarphantom

Tyranitarphantom

Meganium- Best starter ever
    Tyranitar- should be self-explanatory
    Lugia- It was Silver Version....
    Azumarill- ftw
    Rapidash- Random catch at Mt. Silver
    Misdreavus- One of my favorite pokemon ever.
  14. Master_Z

Master_Z

Typhlosion, Ampharos, Scizor, Lugia, and Gyarados I think. It was an epic team, to say the least. Typhlosion dominated with flamethrower and thunderpunch. Sadly my battery died after 200+ hours. :(
  15. Smiller

Smiller

I used my Dragonite, my Ampharos, my Jumpluff, Meganium, Skarmorie and my Togetic. Not many memories of that game since I restarted it about a year ago. My current team has been forgotten. I don't know why, it just seems I've played that game so many times that I have forgotten the joy of it... I may play it again some day. :) (Where is that dang thing anyway? >.>)
  16. Lawman

Lawman

Typhlosion - Flamethrower / Fire Punch / Thunder Punch / Swift
    Dragonite - Surf / Fly / Wing Attack / Dragon Breath
    Tyranitar - Rock Slide / Crunch / Fire Punch / Earthquake
    Nidoking - Earthquake / Ice Punch / Thunderpunch / Shadow Ball
    Then 2 HM Slaves, I think they were Poliwhirl and Weepinbell
  17. Wakalord

Wakalord

Typhlosion - He was my starter, I nicknamed him All-Star >__>

Crobat - I remember spending so much time with my Golbat because I heard that if I did it would evolve.

Scyther - Scyther was my second favorite Pokemon, next to Scizor. But due to a horrible trade glitch I lost my metal coat and didn't know how to get new ones.

Dragonite - To be honest, I don't remember how or why I got this one. I just remember that I had him, lol.

Lugia - I fucked up with Ho-oh, I killed it and saved my game. I was 9 years old, you can't blame me ;_;

I think the last one was a Whooper, I hated it, so I made it my HM slave. My memory is sketchy, however.

Too bad my battery died, I had played for over 150 hours. That was a dark, dark day.
  18. assassinfred

assassinfred

Feraligatr, Raikou, Ho-oh, Butterfree (That's right, Butterfree) Ampharos, Donphan
  19. 133tSneasel

133tSneasel

In one of my Gold Version here is my team.
    Electrode
    Nickname: Volty
    Lv. 51

Weepinbell, lv51. Typhlosion Lv.48, Slowbro, Lv. 48, Piloswine Lv.47, Seadra, Lv. 51. (Of course I wanted a Kingdra, but I couldn't trade Pokemon until I had two games packs and two gameboys)

Ampharos Lv. 38
    Alakazam Lv.36
    FeraligatrLv. 39
    Crobat Lv. 32
    Gengar Lv.33
    Seadra Lv. 32

In My Silver Version. I really loved Kingdra. I didn't use Sneasel till later in my Pokemon Career.
  20. Bungalow Bill

Bungalow Bill

Typhlosion-63
    Red Gyrados-32
    4 other Pokemon that I switched in when Typhlosion fainted to revive Typhlosion
  21. Valantaro

Valantaro

[​IMG]
    Typhlosion- Still remains my favorite Fire type to date. I still remember the moveset: Flamethrower / Flame Wheel / Dynamicpunch / Cut <--- Walled only by Giratina!

[​IMG]
    Tyranitar- Still my favorite Pokemon, and it really ripped back in GSC. Too bad it took SO long to evolve and train =(

[​IMG]
    Gengar- The trade feature to evolve it was an ass. >__> I leveled up Haunter to Lv. 94 before I was about to give it to my friend...heh, I got him back right after.

[​IMG]
    Gyarados- Only because he's shiny.

[​IMG]
    Pidgeot- Favorite Flying type of all time.

[​IMG]
    Lugia- Was my favorite legendary back then.
  22. Anacrusis

Anacrusis

My silver somehow still works! However, my little sister restarted it so here is my old team (i havent played since i was 8 -_-):

Typhlosion:
    I have always liked the fire starters the best (yah i know crappy typing be quiet) and i liked this one due to learning T-punch and Dynamicpunch.

Red Gyarados:
    What can I say? Gyarados was (is still) awesome and a shiny one is all the cooler. I did that pc cloning glitch to this guy like 100 times! XD

Dragonite:
    I just liked how it could learn fly and outrage and stuff like that. Not much to say here.

Alakazam:
    It was fast, and it was deadly. The end.

Lapras:
    I always thought lapras looked cool and i liked the ice type.

Jolteon:
    Again, fast and powerful.

Lol in game all i wanted was fast and powerful pokemon. I didn't even try to get skarmory and blissey.
  23. kingdra-13

kingdra-13

Crystal was sooo cool...

[​IMG]
    Dragonite-After learning it got stuff like Outrage in place of Dragon Rage, He automatically made it on my team, then after finding out you could get ExtremeSpeed, I had to get it! It destroyed everything with Outrage/ Surf/ Thunderbolt/ ExtremeSpeed.

[​IMG]
    Sandslash-His sprite looked so badass, and earned a spot on my team. A special thing about him was that I accidentally found the Rock+Ground combination and riped through everything with Earthquake and Rock slide.

[​IMG]
    Heracross
    -Pain in the ass to find but was totally worth it, my personal GSC favorite, and is still an awesome Pokemon. It was bulky and powerful, I also enjoyed throwing Megahorns like crazy.

[​IMG]
    Typhlosion-My starter so it was always on my team, the most memorable thing was the godly combination of Flamthrower+ThunderPunch.

[​IMG]
    Exeggutor-After Headbutting an Exeggcute out of a tree, I decide to train it since I lacked a good Grass type. Loved destroying things by Leech Seeding then putting the opponent to sleep via Sleep Powder.

[​IMG]
    Starmie-Both its sprite animation and its name sounded cool, so I decided to fish out a Staryu. It seemed to always moved first in battle and KOed everything with it's emormous movepool.
  24. MagicMaster87

MagicMaster87

I don't actually remember my team, but my Silver version lists Furret, Ampharos, Typhlosion, Piloswine, Sandslash, and Dragonite as my first Hall of Fame team, so I assume it must be them. >_>
  25. Thorns

Thorns

Meganium - I loved the Grass starters
    Pidgeot - it learns Fly =/
    Scyther - my treasured catch in the bug contest
    Lapras - I waited and waited till Friday to catch it
    Ampharos - I really liked it back then
    Kingler - caught Krabby and trained him up but sometimes I swapped him out for shiny Gyara

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)