1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

What was your in-game team in GSC?

Discussion in 'Historical Threads' started by Legacy Raider, Dec 27, 2008.

1. KrisIsLyra

KrisIsLyra

Feraligatr
    Fearow
    Jolteon
    Espeon
    Nidoking
    Suicune
  2. Phadunk

Phadunk

The bump is semi-necessary. I just got Pokemon Crystal from an Emulator/ROM on my Android Smartphone.. and I've just started.

I've never played the G/S/C generation and after playing HGSS.. this is still a new world to me. Phanpy, Poliwag, Gastly, Teddiursa within the first 2 routes?... what is this? I keep getting surprised.

So far I have Cyndaquil and Bellsprout..

The whole Pokemon game in general is so out of date.. so I have no idea about evs, movesets, physical/special, etc.

Might need some help in ideas.. or what to look for.

With an Emulator/ROM,.. I guess I can't have traded Pokemon.. like Gengar, Scizor, Steelix, Alakazam.. so that blows.. any other suggestions would be great though.

Remember I'm in Crystal.. so I'm missing out on a few Pokemon.

Side Question: Bellsprout or Oddish?
  3. Dunhilina

Dunhilina

Typhlosion
    Ampharos
    Umbreon
    Red Gyarados
    Pidgey - dat fly
    Dugtrio
  4. cosbykid

cosbykid

Oddish for sure Bellsprout sucks
  5. Phadunk

Phadunk

Heh, alright. Thanks.
  6. misterdarvus

misterdarvus

I don't remember what my exact team was, but I'm trying to remember

Thyplosion
    Machoke
    Kadabra
    (I have no idea to evolve above two back then)
    Pidgeotto, Fearow, or Skarmory?
    Scyther (I don't even know Scizor exist)
    the last, dunno,must be water type, Krabby? was it my HM slave? nah, maybe Gyarados
  7. TrueKite

TrueKite

Typhlosion
    Slowbro
    Heracross
    Crobat
    Donphan
    Magneton
  8. SimJiv

SimJiv

BELLSPROUT, Victreebel is just awesome!
  9. danceparty

danceparty

Snorlax
    Dragonite
    Ampharos
    Meganium
    Typhlosion
    Feraligatr
  10. Perfect Cell

Perfect Cell

Aha, G/S/C. Those were the days.

'Course, Gen III was my favorite, but here is the team anyway. All Level 100. Moves may not be accurate due to being based off memory, but the team is good for sure. Looking back actually, I guess I liked birds.

[​IMG]
    Who didn't love this thing?

Surf
    Earthquake
    Ice Punch
    Curse

[​IMG]

You better belive it was shiny. Loved the damn bird. His movepool may have been small, but meh. His role was to annoy the unholy crap out of every single thing he saw.

Protect
    Detect
    Nightshade
    Attract

[​IMG]

He looked very cool, what can I say?

Steel Wing
    Toxic
    Agility
    Fly

[​IMG]

Found this little bug while headbutting trees.

Megahorn
    Earthquake
    Strength
    ???

[​IMG]

This guy was so badass. Destroyed my friends every time I whipped this thing out.

Aeroblast
    Hyper Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Pyschic

[​IMG]

Don't remember how I got this, but it was there.

Flamethrower
    Stomp
    Sunny Day
    Flash
  11. randomfagLOL

randomfagLOL

I just mixed all the legendaries :(
    I had one Ho-Oh , one Heracross , one Dnite and one TTar and one Scyther :(
    Because i used my metall thing on my steelix :D
    and ofc Feraligatr, the one thing to solo the elite 4
  12. IbanezObsession

IbanezObsession

I remember having a Typhlosion, Lugia, Scyther, and 3 other pokes I can't seem to remember. I know that I had a water-type though.
  13. The QWAZ

The QWAZ

I only remeber having a kingler, and always wondering why surf did so little damage lol
  14. NeilPerry

NeilPerry

My last run:

Feraligatr - After using Typhlosion for the other 100 runs I've done with this game, I went back to my first starter. Surf, Slash, Ice Punch and EQ.

Crobat - This thing was a pain to train. Worth it in the end. Wing Attack, Fly, Sludge Bomb, Bite

Umbreon - it evolved 4 levels after I want it to, So no Faint Attack. Bite, Shadow Ball, Psychic, Flash(only thing that could learn it on my team and I didn't want to wander for no reason)

Arcanine - So cool looking. Great stats. Extremespeed, Flame Wheel, Bite, Take Down.

Snorlax - I had 4th-moveslot syndrome with this guy. Rest, Sleep Talk, Body Slam, Surf

Graveler - I was playing this on an emulator, so I couldn't try to get golem. Still pretty good in-game. EQ, Rock Throw, Strength, Rock Smash
  15. Silver Owns

Silver Owns

Typhlosion- favorite Pokemon of all time. This thing kicked ass.

Feraligatr- me and my best freind and cloned our starters so we could each have a part o each others team so I used feraligatr!

Snorlax- this thing was so Funny in the anime and just kicked ass in game

Alakazam- I'm pretty sure psychic ohkoed everything that didnt resist it

Nidoking- second favorite Pokemon behind only typhlosion. The move pool on this guy was unreal

Dragonite- such a pain to raise but such a beast
  16. Advancer

Advancer

My team for Pokemon Silver, before the cart battery failed, looked something like this:

[​IMG]
    Feraligatr - "SUPERSONIC"
    Male - Level 100
    Whirlpool/Bite/Surf/Hydro Pump
    I prefer the G/S sprites over all the other Totodile family sprites. As you can see the movepool is... yeah, it is what it is. I did clone this guy twice, and on the clones I swapped out Bite for Ice Punch and Hyper Beam respectively. Bite is useful, and since I never bred a Totodile with Egg Moves I wouldn't learn the awesomeness of Crunch until SS.

[​IMG]
    Ho-oh - "Cloudase"
    Misc - Level 92-94
    Shadow Ball/Fly/Thunder/Fire Blast
    I caught this guy with the Master Ball before I went searching for Lugia. It knew Steel Wing at one point, because I think there were two TMs of that in the game, but anyway... Shadow Ball was really useful, and Thunder was nice for nailing Red's Blastoise on the switched, provided it didn't miss. As I caught it at level 70, it didn't know Sacred Fire. I often spent time trying to get this guy to level 100. Never quite got there.

[​IMG]
    Lugia - "Armourdron"
    Misc - Level 79-86
    Aeroblast/Fly/Steel Wing/Psychic
    Without a Masterball, this guy proved hard to catch. I caught it with a Pokeball though, so there's that. Having two users with Fly might seem a little redundant, but I liked the idea of being able to fly with them in turns, so that's what I did. It didn't really need to know Steel Wing, but it was a TM, and so I felt I had to use it. It had a different nickname to begin with, but can't remember what it was. I don't remember the sprite being this shade of lavender, I remember it having more white to it.

[​IMG]
    Gyarados - "Redrados"
    Male - Level 75-79
    Dragon Rage/Hyper Beam/Zap Cannon/Waterfall
    A good Pokemon, but man, there's just no excuse for Dragon Rage. Hyper Beam had its moments, and Zap Cannon was cool whenever it hit. I'm not sure if 'Redrados' was its nickname, but it sounds close enough. In hindsight, Thrash probably would have been better than Hyper Beam...

[​IMG]
    Onix - "ROCKY"
    Male - Level 63-67
    Slam*/Iron Tail/Strength/Rock Smash*
    I traded a Bellsprout for this guy. I guess I didn't want to miss any of its moves before evolving it, but at the time I didn't know it stopped learning new moves after level 40. After Kanto I had to raise it by battling trainers on the SS. Aqua, as having it hold the Exp. Share during the Elite Four just wasn't worth it. As for its moves, I could have let it learn Slam at level 40, Iron Tail missed a little too often for my liking, and continuing with the theme of HM moves it probably knew Rock Smash; but perhaps not in that order.

[​IMG]
    Weepinbell - "Vinewhiper"
    ? - Level 60-64
    Flash/Cut/Razor Leaf/Sleep Powder*
    Another Poke I was afraid to evolve, but at least it had immediate use for whenever I went walking inside Mt. Silver. As with the other, I had to catch the SS. Aqua to train it. I know the nickname is a misspelling of 'Vine Whipper' but hey you could only have ten characters in a nickname so it was probably that. IIRC the Victrebel in my emulator Blue version had the same nickname. I'd say Sleep Powder was its fourth move, if only because it sounds good.

I also trained a Larvitar up til it became a Tyranitar, which was nice. I also tried to raise a Dragonair to get a Dragonite but I never quite got there. I remember catching all of the roamers, but I didn't train them. I'm not sure if I did anything with the Eevee from Bill.
  17. Matrulez25

Matrulez25

Ferraligator - i loved that crocodile
    Typhlosion - he just looked awesome
    Meganium - i just needed a grass type had all the starters so i just used him
    Kingler - mainly for his OHKO move
    Dragonite - MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE POKEMON! enough said :P
    Raikou/Entei/Suiccune/Red Gyarados - Mainly what i though was kooler at that time :P
  18. Quickster

Quickster

End Game stats..

Meganium @ Miracle Seed
    Razor Leaf
    Body Slam
    Synthesis
    Earthquake

Rest of the team was full of HM slaves.
  19. Daenym

Daenym

Tyranitar - My favorite at the time, and the ONLY mon I have ever gotten to level 100 without cheating
    Houndoom - Honestly I wish he had never evolved. Houndour is way cooler imo
    Ampharos - Thunderpunch/Firepunch/Dynamicpunch for the ultimate boss.

That was my main trio of mons, and to this day they remain some of my favorites. Other than those, I used Skarmory (mainly for Cut+Fly, tho) and Lugia. Eventually I got tired of using Lugia, even though it was a boss, and Poliwrath became my water type. There was also a Dragonite involved somewhere along the line.

Starters are for chumps.
  20. Gamein99

Gamein99

Ah...the good old days. I remember my team and boy was I luck back then.
    Typhlosion- probably the coolest starter there will ever be (bare a tEpic named bacon :D)
    Shiney alakazam-if u don't like alakazam, u must have been dropped at birth
    Shiney gengar- I like to think of him as my evil half
    Ampharos- an epic electric sheep, plus trying to win a thunderstone in the bug catching contest was brutal so no jolteon
    Pidgeot-a flyer from way back then
    Gyrados-HM slave and shiney :)
  21. Serial

Serial

It's been awhile. I believed I used Gengar, Alakazam, Electabuzz, Tyrannitar, Victreebel, and Snorlax. EVERY MOVE THEY HAD WAS AN ATTACK. It was awesome.
  22. Ratatat

Ratatat

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I think I put more time into Silver than any other Pokemon game. The team ended up being pretty kinda similar to my main Gen 1 squad, but I got a kick out of the defense nature of the some of the 2nd 'mons like Miltank. Milk Drink/Heal Bell/Body Slam/Shadow Ball got me through just about anything, and Meganium's screens were a cool mechanic that I completely overlooked in the first game.

Tyranitar
    was a beastly sweeper too - owning one of those things just made you feel like a bigshot without having to resort to using legendaries. Also, Aerodactyl finally got a rock STAB this game! But only one: Ancient Power. Eh, better than nothing.
  23. Worldtour

Worldtour aka Swamp-Rocket
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

When I actually had Gold for the first time, I had literally no idea what I was doing. I had a Level 45 Typhlosion (and stuff like a Togepi and Pidgey) and 6 Gym Badges because I was too lazy to go in the Rocket Hideout and I kept resetting the game.

And then, when I finally figured out how to actually play Pokemon, the battery ran dry :/
  24. M BLADE

M BLADE

Sincerely?

It was Meganium +5. Used Meganium for battles, the others for HM slaves. Most of the time i would level a poke until they evolve (for Pokedex), then i would just put back in the PC.
    Besides Meganuim the only poke i did evolve up to level 100 was Jolteon and Graveler. The others were really random.

My Meganium had Body Slam/Synthesis/Earthquake/Cut.
  25. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

My team from my first ever GSC playthrough (Gold):

• Meganium
    • Umbreon (though it was an Eevee all the way until Nugget Bridge because it kept fainting :p)
    • Ho-oh
    • Gyarados (shiny from Lake of Rage)
    • Ampharos
    • Steelix (traded for Onix in Violet City; stayed Onix for most/all of the game because I had no one to trade with)

I recreated this team on my HG, only this time I was able to evolve Eevee and Onix much faster.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)