Project What's His Last? v5 (Week 13: Manectric Offense)

clefable - added speed control is much appreciated for this team and a good back up check for latios since it non spdef tran and a better answer to rotom-w although can I say that id put flame thrower/Stored power > thunder bolt /thunder wave because then clefable also provides a stall counter , but ye over all clefable rounds of this team pretty well

Annnnnnd the winner is Infernal and her Clefable! Congrats to her for her third entry into the hall of fame!

Here's the "correct" answer to "What's His Last?" for this round:
Belly Drum Azumarill:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off

Explanation (Credits p2):

New team will probably be up tomorrow!

NEW TEAM:

Mega Pinsir + Magneton Bulky Offense built by mencemeat

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Frustration
- Quick Attack

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 220 HP / 232 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Clear Smog

This team is built around Mega Pinsir and Magneton, which is a potent fat-breaking core that uses Magneton to trap and eliminate Skarmory while checking faster threats like Life Orb Tornadus-T and Weavile, which can potentially live a boosted Quick Attack in the case of the former or out-prioritize it with Ice Shard for the latter. Healing Wish Latias clears Stealth Rock and Spikes with Defog, checks Keldeo and Charizard-Y, and can revive Pinsir for a second attempt at a sweep in the late game. Rotom-W provides momentum and checks Sand Rush Excadrill + Talonflame, both of which the team otherwise struggles against immensely. Finally, Amoonguss acts as a secondary Keldeo switch-in that also handles Calm Mind Clefable and Mega Lopunny to some extent.

But what's his last?

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage

• team needs rocks
  • baits in electrics and picks them off easily
  • appreciates mag support in removing skarmory
  • team wants scarf rocks because its too pressured by latis otherwise

Last edited:

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

First and foremost this team needs a stealth rock user. There are many options to pick from, but taking into account this teams weaknesses, Jirachi fits here nicely. It serves as a switchin to latis, something most other rockers cant provide, while forming a voltturn core with magneton. In addition to this its a nice secondary clefable check and a check to max attack mega diancie which can muscle past amoonguss. Since latias already provides healing wish support, jirachi is free to run toxic here and nail some switchins like rotom-w or zapdos which also check pinsir, weakening them for pinsir to take on late game. Overall I think jirachi is a really solid gluemon here to hold the team together, and what i would run as a last.

Last edited:

Infernal

Banned deucer.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind / Toxic

The final member has to be a SR setter. There's only a limited number of options to choose from, so guessing the final member will be a little dull. Hippo brings SR to the table and helps with some other big weaknesses this team has, namely:
  • Charizard-X - Variants with Roost are a terror for this team. A DD is obtained rather easily on Magneton or Rotom-W, with any damage being healed in the process. From there, a +1 Charizard-X threatens to take down every member between its STABs, with Rotom-W being the only member capable of avoiding an OHKO. Hippo has enough bulk to check Charizard-X well enough and helps the team manage this weakness.
  • Bisharp - This Pokemon is another notable issue for the team. A +2 Bisharp will threaten to sweep this team clean after setting up on something like Latias. Hippo has more than enough bulk to deal with a +2 Bisharp and gives the team a way to address this issue.
  • Rock resistance - I think this is another big contribution by Hippo. Having something as frail as Magneton as your only rock resistance isn't too pretty, mainly because popular threats like Terrak and Tar can find themselves grabbing a kill or doing really big damage each time they're in safely versus this team. Hippo checks both of these Pokemon relatively well to help deal with this problem.
  • Electric types - Currently, Pokemon like Mega Manec can freely Volt Switch around, and that's annoying for any team where Mega Pinsir is the focus. Even though the team has resists like Amoonguss and Latias, lacking something to discourage Volt Switch allows the person you're facing to continuously gain momentum and apply pressure. Hippo helps with this problem by stopping things like Mega Manec and Raikou from freely clicking Volt Switch.
Although Hippo is a more passive SR setter than other bulky Ground type options like Chomp and Lando-T, simultaneously checking Charizard-X + Bisharp is something the big guy has over them. Being able to better stop Electric types like Mega Manec from Volt Switching around freely is another advantage over them, as they are 4x weak to HP Ice. Giving the team another durable defensive Pokemon to rely on for physical threats in general is also appreciated, especially versus bothersome threats like Exca and Mega Lop. All of these traits combined make Hippo worth considering as the final member.

The final move on Hippo can be either Whirlwind or Toxic. Whirlwind can be clutch in situations where you need to force something to switch in emergency situations. Toxic can be helpful to nail Pokemon like Latios on the switch, which is nice given how threatened this team is by Draco + Psyshock alone. Poisoning opposing bulky Ground types and common Hippo switch-ins like Rotom-W can also be cool to help wear them down more easily for Mega Pinsir.

Last edited:
Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock

there's not much to say, it's a ground type with rocks + elec check. priority, not having space for freeze dry sucks ass but it's not my fault you don't have rocks, so if you can fit it in over rocks do that, luring rotom-w is amazing for this team. not completely passive like hippo. that's about it. can try freeze dry over ice shard i guess.

-AFAR-

Banned deucer.

Tyranitar @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
Was gonna submit krook but apparently that was on the original anyway :[ Went with Ttar for rocks, checking char x and trapping lati which gives this team a harder time than I originally thought. Skarmory is dealt with by magents and there are a plethora of switch ins to fighting types so ttar can fit quite nicely here.

edit: sash Duggy could totally work here to revenge kill elecs like mane but double trap sounds ehh

Last edited:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast

As everyone before me has noted, the team needs Stealth Rock. I also noticed that the team relies on Magneton to take powerful Dragon-type attacks from the likes of Latios, and that won't do - Draco Meteor does more than 75% to Magneton, HP Fire has a good chance to OHKO, and Earthquake Latios gives Magneton even more headaches. Clefable fixes all that and takes on Latios and other Dragons fairly easily.

But that's not all! Clefable also eases this team's worries against things like Mega Sableye, who aside from Clefable only really needs to worry about Draco Meteor from Latias, and can burn Pinsir. Furthermore, with Fire Blast, Clefable acts as an effective lure and a secondary method of removing the Steel-types like Skarmory and Scizor that this team aims to handle for a Pinsir sweep. I really like Fire Blast Clefable because in my experience it's usually fairly to easy to predict, say, the Scizor switch-in and deal heavy damage. However, if the user of the team feels that Magneton is sufficient for handling Steel-types, Thunder Wave is a possibility, especially since it pairs well with Amoonguss's Stun Spore to spread paralysis. That said, the team already has a lot of status - Will-o-Wisp, Stun Spore, and Spore - so I think Fire Blast is the superior option.

In sum, Clefable:
  • sets up Stealth Rock, a must for bulky offense
  • handles Latios and other Dragons, which nothing else on the team can do
  • handles Mega Sableye
  • lures Scizor and Skarmory and removes/weakens them for Mega Pinsir

Can someone edit a krookidle sprite for me cuz I'm on my phone.

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit

So the last guy is a rocker. I'm pretty ssure Jamvad used this team and it had Krookidile.

Krookidile provides mandatory rocks while pressuring many hazard removers such as Diancie, Starmie, and the Lati twins.

Krookidile also beats opposing SpD Jirachi and Heatran which could cause some trouble.

Krookidile also provides speed control and patches up the weakness to Alakazam spikes offense.

Krookidile in itself is a win condition which the team lacks outside of Pinsir.

Sorry I have a strong feeling that the actual mon is Krookidile.

gonna vote for hippo because it helps with the bisharp & zard x weakness. i don't think electrics are a major problem here given their lowered usage, and the team already has amoonguss and latias for them :p. i don't like how hippowdon hurts the team's momentum personally, but it covers those 2 key weaknesses.

second vote goes to krookodile because it sorta does that same thing while being less passive, however i don't think it'd be scarf krook here...

gonna vote for hippo because it helps with the bisharp & zard x weakness. i don't think electrics are a major problem here given their lowered usage, and the team already has amoonguss and latias for them :p. i don't like how hippowdon hurts the team's momentum personally, but it covers those 2 key weaknesses.

second vote goes to krookodile because it sorta does that same thing while being less passive, however i don't think it'd be scarf krook here...
The sad part is aim used it in a live and it actually is scarf krook lol

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The sad part is aim used it in a live and it actually is scarf krook lol
who the fuck is aim again? was it a serious live?

e - im pretty sure the last mon should be hippo since it reduces it's problem to offensive steels like megagross, offensive ttar, bisharp, aero, zardx and whatnot. im just gonna vote for hippo and scarf chomp simply because the team appreciates the offensive support of chomp more than krook. i actually don't think any offensive support is needed on this team last mon sooooo yeah.

Last edited:
Hippo since it is able to deal with electrics that trouble M-Pinsir'svery alongside latias. Also good vs Lopunny, Metagross and steals in general.

Clefable since the team could have trouble vs. Sableye

Reactions: dk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)