What's the worst thing you've ever done? (super serious guys don't fuck about)

When I was around 7-9 years old, my little brother thought it was funny to close the closet door on me whenever I was in there. I remember getting tired of this and one day when my family and I were eating dinner, he went inside the closet to get something. To me, this was a golden opportunity to get back at him. Sure enough I did it, but his pinky finger for whatever reason was in the edge of the door or whatever. I don't know what it's called, but when I closed the door, it closed on his pinky finger and broke it. When I was little I also stole a Yu-Gi-Oh magazine and toy car once. Those are the only things I can think of at the moment that classify as "really" bad.

I'm wondering, are you asking because you're curious or because you think a certain motive could've really made it more acceptable?
The only circumstances where violence is justifiable to me are when your life is in danger or when you are defending something or someone that is being attacked.

I asked because I'm interested in psychology and how certain individuals rationalize their behavior.

A lot of what I'm reading seems like bullshit.

Here's a small thing I did when I was around 12 or so:

I lived in a host family (or foster family?) because I was a problem child (not a (BAN ME PLEASE) like P_Mystery here though, never attacked any girl or anyone for reasons like that).

I lived with 3 other guys, and I loathed two of them because they were always telling on us and being annoying in general. We usually went to camping every weekend, and one morning, when everyone was out, me and my buddy pissed (Morning piss) in old beer bottles and poured them all over their bed sheets. He got scolded for peeing in his bed and was forced to sleep in it (host family were assholes).

Not the worst thing I did, but that was one of the funny ones.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can we not revile people for responding to the OP? This thread is entitled "What's the worst thing you've ever done?"; it's not going to be a walk in the park where we laugh at cute little things like stealing people's gum. Everyone has their issues to work with, so you can get off your high horse. If people can't post their experiences in this thread without others flaming them for it, then this thread is pointless.

e: i don't know about me but this is one of the worst things a sim mod has ever done

though i also caught antar using infernape in ou today so i don't know what to think

A lot of what I'm reading seems like bullshit.
Welcome to a forum.

People can choose to post very serious events or ones that can make others laugh. It's really their choice. Is stealing a pack of M&M's the worst thing I've ever done in my life? Of course not, but I can't think of something more significant enough that would make me willing to share nor can I say I' be comfortable doing so.

And there's no way of telling if someone is lying, so take it however you will.

The worst thing I've ever done?

Well, I'm not good at listening to authority, so at one point in 5th grade I got so fed up with my teacher. This only happened because there was this one kid that everyone picked on, and they never really got in trouble for it. I didn't really care for the kid until one day, for whatever reason, I picked on him and he snitched on me to the teacher. When she found out, she started yelling at the whole class while crying so I just went off on her in front of the whole class and it just made her cry more. I got in a lot of trouble for it and it sucked and I felt so bad but now that I look back on it I don't regret it that much because that teacher was a total bitch and made plenty of students cry.

What are you, thirteen? I mean who goes around throwing homophobic slurs around. Much less at someone else who is just responding to the OP...
I mean who goes around throwing ageist slurs around? ~.~

Anyways, the worst thing I've done was wreck some kid's Lego ship by throwing it down the stairs when I was like ten. But then afterwards I found out he had a mental condition and I felt really bad. I did put it back together afterwards though. I also traded my friend a fake yu-gi-oh god card in exchange for a real ultra-rare, and he was none the wiser. Are victimless crimes still crimes?

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
thirteen yearolds are actually shitty though, (BAN ME PLEASE)s aren't

jp is hard as fuck
seriously dude I hope you got some therapy or something. or at least got good at controlling violent anger.
leaving bruises (or breaking skin) (of another person) has always been the line for how much I'll hit someone.

I mean who goes around throwing ageist slurs around? ~.~
Because thirteen year olds are constantly persecuted, stereotyped, and have their rights oppressed right? Because maturation isn't a thing, and adolescents aren't more likely to be ignorant and use ad hominem attacks when foolishly trying to prove a point, right? That's exactly the same thing. Sure.

By the way, that wasn't a slur.

P Mystery, if you're reading this, would you mind sharing how you've been able to deal with it? You said you were never caught, but have you ever told anyone else? It seems like the kind of thing that would eat you alive, at least I assume it would do that to me. I'm always curious how some people are able to live with stuff like this hidden away while others can't take the guilt. If you're okay with sharing I'd be really interested in hearing.
I've never told anyone that I know in person, no.

This will sound bad, but I never felt some kind of crushing guilt about it. I certainly understand how terrible it was as I wouldn't want someone to do that to me, and I would never do something like that again, but mainly because I don't think I could get away with it anymore, not necessarily because I would feel bad for the person. On one hand, I understand how bad the act was, though I don't deeply feel bad about it; on the other, the sense of power I felt, the rush, from hurting her like that is actually something I still cherish in an odd way. I used to kill animals on my uncle's farm to get the same feelings, but they were never as intense as when I hurt people. I know how monstrous that sounds to other people, but that's one of the good things about the Internet; it allows true honestly instead of stymied conversation due to fear of social backlash.

I don't think I've fundamentally changed at some deep emotional level since then, and it is probably the main reason I've had twelve different jobs in the last twenty years and never had a girlfriend in my life, but I keep myself in check these days so I don't end up assaulting someone and landing myself in prison. I'm always afraid of explaining how I feel at times to people who seem alien to me emotionally. I see several responses to what I posted that express a sense of shock, but when I read this thread, I'm a little saddened that other people haven't done things like that. It reinforces the feelings that I've always had that most others operate by a different set of internalized rules, and it can lead to loneliness on my part.

What are you, thirteen? I mean who goes around throwing homophobic slurs around. Much less at someone else who is just responding to the OP...
I'm 11 years older than that, seems like you didn't catch the point I was trying to make and instead tried to seek too deep into the word I used. I could've used anything else for an insult. Honestly though, just mind your own business. If HE has a problem with it, HE can confront me about it.

Just look what's he's posting. As serious as this thread can go, he's just telling us he's a psychopath and he likes it. I still don't believe anything he says though, this is the internet after all. On a pokemon forum.

@Thorn: That chat log? Oh I believe you. You all look dumb as fuck, and that's believable ;)

p mystery, you seriously have every trait of a psychopath: no remorse for terrible acts of violence, killing small animals as a child just for the hell of it, and the fact that you said the only thing holding you back from doing it now is that you might get caught. please, get therapy man lol (unless you're a huge troll)

oh also i think the second worst thing is being depressed and anxious all the time so my parents basically have no time to do any of their own self-actualization or realize all their dreams because they're so fucking busy dealing with my shit all the time

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
p mystery, you seriously have every trait of a psychopath: no remorse for terrible acts of violence, killing small animals as a child just for the hell of it, and the fact that you said the only thing holding you back from doing it now is that you might get caught. please, get therapy man lol (unless you're a huge troll)
There is no therapy for psychopathy as far as I know, the only thing to keep such a person in bay is either himself or getting jailed. I sincerely hope it's a troll, though.

The worst thing I've done... I stole several trading cards and a couple of short comic books from two libraries when I was like eight to feel rebellious. I felt really guilty afterwards and stopped doing it. Later on I used to not to pay for public transport (train, subway); but I stopped doing that too and became a very law-abiding person once around the age of 17.

Response to P Mystery here:
I've never told anyone that I know in person, no.

This will sound bad, but I never felt some kind of crushing guilt about it. I certainly understand how terrible it was as I wouldn't want someone to do that to me, and I would never do something like that again, but mainly because I don't think I could get away with it anymore, not necessarily because I would feel bad for the person. On one hand, I understand how bad the act was, though I don't deeply feel bad about it; on the other, the sense of power I felt, the rush, from hurting her like that is actually something I still cherish in an odd way. I used to kill animals on my uncle's farm to get the same feelings, but they were never as intense as when I hurt people. I know how monstrous that sounds to other people, but that's one of the good things about the Internet; it allows true honestly instead of stymied conversation due to fear of social backlash.

I don't think I've fundamentally changed at some deep emotional level since then, and it is probably the main reason I've had twelve different jobs in the last twenty years and never had a girlfriend in my life, but I keep myself in check these days so I don't end up assaulting someone and landing myself in prison. I'm always afraid of explaining how I feel at times to people who seem alien to me emotionally. I see several responses to what I posted that express a sense of shock, but when I read this thread, I'm a little saddened that other people haven't done things like that. It reinforces the feelings that I've always had that most others operate by a different set of internalized rules, and it can lead to loneliness on my part.

Firstly, I would like to say how saddened I am by the way some people have reacted to this. Just because you most likely don't have the balls to honestly post the worst thing you've ever done, doesn't mean you should chastise others for doing so. While it is quite horrific, there's no reason to be dehumanising someone for merely responding to the OP. Indeed, the honesty is refreshing, and also makes me curious.

P Mystery, how did you put away your fear of consequences in order to perform the assault? I've always been a believer in the idea that fear is the fundamental thing that stops us doing "bad" things, like assault or worse. Fear of being arrested, split from our families, losing luxuries, etc. But in cases like this, this doesn't seem to be the case. I don't wish to pry too much into your personal life, but did some sort of childhood trauma leave you in a position where you felt like you had nothing to lose? Where being separated from your friends and family would be a blessing in disguise? I'm curious.

I'm glad you seem to have your emotions in check now. I personally wouldn't have expected many people to be too sympathetic, but I'm pleased a handful of people are seeing beyond the act and more into the person behind it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Worst thing I've ever done? Despite me now probably sounding like a hypocrite, I honestly don't do many bad things. Shit, the worst thing was probably what I did yesterday.

Me and two of my friends were at the park, just wandering along. We saw a child's toy, an electronic talking elephant just sat there. For some reason I picked it up, assuming it didn't belong to anyone. Then as we walked off, my friends pointed out that it probably belonged to a little, 5-6 year old girl with her mother on the swings. Instead of being smart and putting it back, I just carried on walking.

I have absolutely no idea why I was so enthralled by the toy. I'm 14, not 4. It just made really funny noises n shit, and it was so cute. We kinda just played with it for half an hour (god I'm making us sound like such lamewads... wait we are), when my friend saw the girl.

She had tears streaming down her face, shouting something along the lines of "where's nelly", the name I assume she had given the elephant (probably her mother gave it more than anything). We panicked. They hadn't noticed us. But instead of doing the smart thing, and just putting the toy in an easily accessible place where they could find it without us ever being suspected...

We decided to smash it to pieces. We ran into a quite little corner of the park where we couldn't be seen, and my friend gave me a big rock. The elephant's eyes stared into my soul, but it had to be done. I looked away, and threw the rock with all my might, smashing the elephant nearly in half. We then threw the elephant in the river, and walked out casually.

But then, to our horror, the elephant got caught in the wrong stream (there are two meanders), and its lifeless corpse flowed straight towards the girl. She started crying uncontrollably. As her mother gasped and said "who would do such a thing", we had to sneak behind them and try and casually walk away. Thankfully we weren't spotted, but I'll never forget those elephant eyes...

The only other bad thing I've done was call my principal a money grabbing capitalist cunt, but I felt that one was justified.

Legally, the worst thing I've done is help a friend steal a pack of beef space raiders. Didn't even get any of them.

Morally, I accidentally broke a girl's wrist and sat in a pram with a baby in it (not at the same time)

Stratos

Banned deucer.
chuck may not have had childhood trauma but that little girl is gonna have a fear of elephants for the rest of her life

p mystery, tbh why the hell would you do that? She got better grades then you but that isn't a reason to jump someone and beat the shit out of them. I think you need to sort your life out.
Sorry...

when my mam was working at a local shop she started squabbling with some guy because he was apparently a nonce and a bit of a cunt so they went back and forth for months, got the police involved a few times etc. one night he showed up at my house at like 3am and smashed the windscreen of my mothers car. i was awake at the tine as i was on shoddy battle (topical) so i chased him down and gave him a bit of a beating. he killed himself a week later. whooops.
.-. in all fairness you didn't know he would kill himself so u are like a hero for kicking his ass

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Guys. Post the worst things you've ever done here so I can tell you what a horrible person you are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)