What's Their Last? - ON BREAK

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Dammit Tymano stop making your avatar the same as other users' I thought qsns voted twice

Regardless, FloristtheBudew has won the week with their Special Landorus-T set! As for the actual last...

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 216 HP / 152 SpA / 16 SpD / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Protect

Wanted super reliable stop to Heatran, Volcanion, and Char-Y, so bulky roost Hydreigon fit the bill. Also helps cover Rachi, provides another EQ immunity that dissuades Lando-T from EQing against Metagross. This team's first 5 also aren't the biggest fans of standard Will o Rotom-W. Meanwhile, Hydreigon's biggest foes in Fairies, faster Dragons, and 108 Fighting types are helpfully covered by most of the teammates here.

Although no one submitted Hydreigon as their final answer, Bughouse did let me know that the initial last pre-testing of the team was Landorus-I, so grats to Florist on being so close. Florist, if you would like to have one of your teams used for the next round, then please send me the team and a description of the first five members ASAP!

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Politoed @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 100 SpA / 56 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 12 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Draco Meteor
- Disable
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Thundurus @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 64 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 108 HP / 40 Def / 104 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Encore
- Protect

Thanks to FloristtheBudew for providing this week's team, here's what they had to say about the first five members:

So the idea around this team was to make a strong rain team that had good overall match-ups with most of the metagame. I started with Politoed clearly since it automatically sets rain with it's ability Drizzle. I went with a bulky set that brings supportive options to the team with Scald, Icy Wind, and Helping Hand. Next I went for Kingdra, as I think it adds more to a rain team than what Ludicolo can right now. Having a fast Life Orb Draco Meteor or Muddy Water is strong especially with Helping Hand support, and having Disable gives it some nice options against things that otherwise have good match-ups against Kingdra rain like Mega Gardevoir and Sylveon. Next I added scarf Landorus-T as it helps with more of rains bad match ups; namely, sun and Mega Kangaskhan as the prime two cases as it can u-turn out of Mega Charizard Y when it sets sun so I can bring in rain safely. Landorus-T can Intimidate Kangaskhans and is able to hit hard with Earthquake and Superpower. Next, I added a way to deal with water types with Thundurus with its STAB Tbolt. I opted for safety goggles as my team is really weak to Spore and having a safe switch is really useful. It also allows Thundurus to bypass any Rage Powders so it can still spread status or have a free attack into a partner. Finally Mega Gardevoir makes it place on the team with having a fast strong spread move giving me a way to hit things like Dragons, and coverage that nails Amoonguss for good damage. Encore works well with in tandem with Kingdra's Disable, as it means I can theoretically lock my opponents into unfavourable moves, giving me a free turn to get off more damage.

But what's their last?

Submissions close Sunday at 11:59pm EST!

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Protect

so while honestly i'd opt for talonflame, and a steel type is very good under rain , i put terrakion because those two were taken for its ability to
-act as a sun check, scaring charizard y
-is the team most reliable hitter vs steel that isnt aegislash
-actually hits ferrothorn

it doesnt lack in the speed departement, and equiping it with taunt gives the team another surprising trick room check.

Seeing as Tymano's reservation expired...

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Every rain team needs its steel and grass checks. This is arguably the best one in the current meta. Explanation = Nailed

the team is terribly weak to ferrothorn and to opposing hyper voice users (even with disable). So I propose a Sub wg aegislash

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Substitute
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball

This set lets you beat ferrothorn as it cannot break a sub, while smacking gardevoir and protecting it's partner from hyper voice with wide guard. it's also a decent tr check as it's so slow

test bots reservation expired too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)