Hawlucha @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Flying Press
- Iron Head

This team has no taunt, fake out, and the encore isn't priority meaning tr just fucks this team.
Kang and Ferro are wrecking this team. One mega venu check and only one partner for Lando to EQ under.
This leaves me choosing hawlucha
With sword dance Flying Press becomes a legit move. Opposing faeries are going to sweep this team so I can run Iron Head

this pokemon is neat

Last edited:

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
Really shouldn't be running no kang checks like that famalam

Plus both Talon and Thund in a rain team is pretty bleh, diancie tr does a solid murder

On that note this team has nothing for fairies

Ferrothorn is eziest pick of my life

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Aegis also sounds cool but if you run Ferro you get to bop kang better, same with Diancie and other fairies

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Cobalion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 24 HP / 32 Def / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Outspeeds Lando-I. Not gonna beat Keldeo or (likely sash) Terrak 1 on 1 anyway. HP hits LO number. Rest in Defense for prio attacks.

252 Atk Life Orb Cobalion Iron Head vs. 228 HP / 136 Def Mega Gardevoir: 312-369 (93.4 - 110.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Cobalion Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 64 Def Mega Charizard Y: 338-400 (94.1 - 111.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Cobalion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 84 Def Ferrothorn: 296-351 (84 - 99.7%)

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Voting time! Was their last...

silverwhiteblue's Terrakion
BlueSkiddoWeCanToo's Talonflame
AuraRayquaza's Aegislash
n1n1's Hawlucha
checkmater's Ferrothorn
Bughouse's Cobalion

Voting ends Thursday at noon EST!

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
With a significant lead in votes, AuraRayquaza has won the week with Aegislash! Let this serve as a lesson to you all to be sure that you write up your reserved Pokemon, as otherwise they can be stolen and you may lose the week! Here's what FloristtheBudew had to say about the actual last...

Scizor @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 28 Def / 8 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Protect

I had Scizor because it gave options that the team was looking for: A Mega Kangaskhan switch in, a way to beat Ferrothorn and Amoongus that was not a fire type as well, and gave me something to hit Cresselia for super effective damage on the physical side. As a well played calm cresselia could be very hard to control for the team. It has it's one glaring weakness compensated by rain and the team is rather fast paced. So something slow helps assist with trick room match ups.

However, Florist did note before the week started that Aegislash would also fit in the last position, although the set provided was Sub + 2 attacks instead of Sub + WG.

Since AuraRayquaza is super on top of everything, they already sent me next week's team, so here we go!
Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Atk / 28 Def
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Hoopa-Unbound @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 Def / 216 SpA
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 92 Def / 140 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Follow Me
- Trick Room
- Iron Head
- Protect

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Wide Guard

Here's the description that came along with the team:

I wanted to try a kang team that was a bit different, so I went with tr. Hoopa+kang is a threatening core and I added jirachi as my next setter because jirachi +kang is strong too and i had a good diancie answer. Heatran was added as a strong special sweeper while also helping me vs sun. Conkeldurr was added as another strong attacker under tr which helped with my landorus weakness with wide guard and ice punch. mach punch was a good answer vs bisharp too.

But what's their last?

Submissions close Monday, Aug 22 at 11:59pm EST!

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

This team has a serious LandoT problem. So a mon that can OHKO it and be immune to EQ seems essential to me. No one on this team is resisting volcanion either. RotomW fills those roles easily

This team is also mostly physical so its going to suffer vs guys like scrafty and gyarados as well. Rotom easily take out gyara and makes scrafty irrelevant with wisp. RotomW also does great vs

Last edited:

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
gayrados

CB (Gyarados) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Return
- Facade / Sleep Talk.

1. team is bulky, would love intimidate to sponge hits from likes of landorus-T, talonflame, etc.
2. team has 0 ground immunes, you can't have conk active all the time
3. team would like better ways to position around fighters such as Keldeo. Only real way to beat it is taking it out after rachi redirects but you're forced to use rachi as a consumable which hurts your long-term gameplan.
4. Gyarados also takes on Volcanion which is rather troublesome for the team. Sleep Talk is standard on TR CB Gyara IIRC but because you have 2 Goggles users Facade sounds like a safe bet in case you get burnt by Steam Eruption.

I'd actually also really love Sylveon somewhere due to the Hoopa + Sylv and Sylv + Heatran and Kanga + Sylv offensive synergies. Except that the Lando weakness is too serious to not address immediately. Also i suggest 7 speed IVs on Eruptran, letting Hoopa break opposing protects and wide gardes in Trick Room before Eruption hits!

FloristtheBudew

I'm just tired
Gastrodon @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 228 HP / 80 Def / 160 SpA / 40 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Muddy Water
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Protect

With Rotom-W and Gyrardos being removed. I looked for what seems the best option that is not a ground immune. This gastrodon helps to increase offensive pressure in trick room so muddy water provides this offense. It can be quite punishing for those unprepared for a spread water move (if they presume a single target ice or water move was coming into a slot). It takes 252+ Landorus-T spread EQ as a 3 hit ko and has a 25.8% chance to be two hit ko'd by a specs Sylveon. Offensively it basically two hit ko's 4 hp Heatran with muddy water and earth power nets the ko on non shuca versions. It helps control double genies and provides an excellent counter to Volcanion.

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
n1n1 did a standard rotom-w but I'm gonna submit a specs one

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Protect

so as most of you noticed, the team would like a water type. while one of the strongest for trick room team has been taken, aka rotom wash, i found azumarill a niche here, being slow enough to be on trick room, and benefitting of the azurachi core which is apparently hot now. not much else to say about your classic bunny

talkingtree

large if factual
Time to vote! Was their last...

n1n1's Bulky Rotom-W
marilli's Band Gyarados
FloristtheBudew's Gastrodon
Bughouse's Specs Rotom-W
silverwhiteblue's BD Azumarill

Voting closes Thursday at noon EST!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)