What's Your Favorite Movie?

Inception. Good lord that was orgasmic. Stellar cast, well directed, and the story and special fx just blew my mind. Anyone who didn't like it was just too stupid to follow it.

How about you guys?

My favorite movie will always be a tie between fight club and Pulp Fiction.

Fight Club just because I love the ideas that were in the movie, and the way the movie played out with a perfect ending, great music, and because it was just an all around interesting movie, not something you see every day. Characters that had morbid problems, yet didn't give a shit and kept on living, trying to succeed regardless. Also Brad Pitt is the fucking man.

Pulp fiction on the other hand was just a ridiculous thrill ride the first time I watched it, with a very interesting way of presenting the scenes out of chronological order. The actors in the movie being fantastic, the number of ridiculous unexpected scenes, and the absolutely great acting and dialogue which made the movie one of the most memorable to me, as well as the ending speech by Jules.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am pretty sure my favourite movie is The Royal Tenenbaums

The film is a perfect mixture of comedy and drama, with a good dash of quirkiness that is the signature of Wes Anderson. Gene Hackman plays the part of a wiley curmudgeon perfectly, and he is ably supported by a supporting cast that includes cinematic heavyweights such as Danny Glover and Bill Murray. I don't think I've seen Gwyneth Paltrow look hotter in any other movie. Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller prove their acting chops by playing characters that are funny, but not in a gimmicky, toilet-humourish way. The narrative structure and leitmotif is inventive and well-done, the soundtrack is to die for, all-in-all there is not a thing that I do not love about this movie.

Favourite movie: Jeepers Creepers

Although being a B-classed movie, it fills it's horror/thriller genre perfectly. Nice visual effects and costume design and decent acting from protagonists Justin Long and Gina Philips. Although plot is somewhat standard for a monster movie, it does have seat-grabbing scenes and always fills the audience with suspense and dread.

Pulp Fiction because it never gets old, no matter how many times I see it.

Goodfellas is the same thing.

I don't really have a favourite movie, I don't watch too many. If I had to pick one, I think it'd be Silence Of The Lambs. The story is good, acting is fantastic and Lecter is a beast.

On the other hand, the movies I watch the most are the Austin Powers movies. I've seen every one of them 20 times at least and know all the jokes by hard, but it still cracks me up.

The Princess Bride. Far too many spectacularly hilarious scenes. And the fact it pretends to be a dramatic romantic film just makes the surreal humour even more hilarious.
Seriously though, how can anyone not just break down giggling at the crowning moment of awesome which is "HALLO. MY NAME IS INIGO MONTOYA. YOU KILL MY FATHER. PREPARE TO DIE." Over, and over, and over again.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
I can't really say my favorite movie out of all, but the best movie I've watched in a while was the comedic film "The Hangover" it's so funny and I just like the whole entire plot in the film.

So yeah.

The Princess Bride. Far too many spectacularly hilarious scenes. And the fact it pretends to be a dramatic romantic film just makes the surreal humour even more hilarious.
Seriously though, how can anyone not just break down giggling at the crowning moment of awesome which is "HALLO. MY NAME IS INIGO MONTOYA. YOU KILL MY FATHER. PREPARE TO DIE." Over, and over, and over again.
Andre the Giant ftw

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Someone once said that to be able to call something their favorite, they would not only have to be able to go back to it and enjoy it time and time again, but they'd have to be able to learn something new from it every time. So that every time you watch your favorite movie, it would enrich your life a bit more.

My favorite is Princess Mononoke. No contest here. As I grow and learn more about life, I find more and more aspects of the movie that fit my worldview. Its high art, and even for high art it really has an insurmountable brilliance that just can't be overcome. Nothing is so perfect as this movie.

My favorite is Princess Mononoke. No contest here. As I grow and learn more about life, I find more and more aspects of the movie that fit my worldview. Its high art, and even for high art it really has an insurmountable brilliance that just can't be overcome. Nothing is so perfect as this movie.
Princess Mononoke is great. Two words: beautiful movie. My favourite Studio Ghibli movie of all time too.

My favourite film is Die Hard. IMO the plot is great and I like the "brutal realism" of the film as well as Alan Rickman's and Bruce Willis's performances.

Shawshank Redemption probably. Morgan Freeman did a really good job (can't believe they originally wanted to give Red's role to Harrison Ford), and the plot is quite genius.

Man on Fire. Denzel Washington has too much swagger. Visceral action all the way through. It's not just a shoot 'em up sorta film either, there's a shitload of storyline going on. Oh, Christopher Walken is in it too ;)

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Despite fear of changing topic slightly (and at risk of being yelled at) can someone explain to me what was so good about Inception? Admittedly I saw it on an airplane screen, and thus could not really hear or see the last 20 minutes, so if something amazing happened then I apologise. I thought it was okay, but the only amazing thing was some of the SFX (the rotating gravity fight scene was actually amazing).

Matrix...MATRIX.
Its one of those classic movies and it has a very original concept.It really added a whole new dimension to Sci Fi.I mean i see so many wannabe bullshit trying to steal out from it, its not even funny.Im way too lazy to explain how its awesome and all that so uhh yeah.....

I also dont see the reason of making inception look godly.The key concept is solid and they didn't mess up the storyline anywhere.Its pretty decent and one of those mindfuck movies.Good but nothing amazing tbh.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Blow. The movie's story is just amazing and based on a true story. What could be more badass than watching how one of the world's most successful cocain dealer reached his peak and eventual demise?

this is pretty hard. i think my favorite recent movie is probably scott pilgrim; it's a movie that embodies the fun of the book. excellent soundtrack, awesome villains, lots of action and explosions and geeky references.

however if we're going into the classics, i end up discovering new details in big lebowski everytime i see it. also fear and loathing in las vegas.

With music, my favorites are always what I consider to be the best.

Maybe my taste in film just isn't good enough, because my favorite is In Bruges, which is a hilarious contemplation on the appreciation of beauty by way of a struggle among hitmen. It answers the question of what really gives something value, and isn't it a bitch how that happens?

Other favorites include No Country For Old Men, Goodfellas, Toy Story 3, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, Synecdoche, New York, In The Loop, and Amadeus.

What is the best film of all time? The best film of all time should be timeless. I'm gonna say Amadeus. I might give it to Star Wars, too (Empire is better, yes, but the original works as a standalone film and therefore is better suited to the title).

Edit: Oh, wow.

Never mind. Best film of all time is The Princess Bride because it just is. I prefer In Bruges, but The Princess Bride is just kind of better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)