What's Your Favorite Movie?

Favorite movie is probably Doctor Strangelove. The humor, Kubrik's masterful use of sound, the acting, Peter Sellers, everything is just excellent multiple roles.

"God willing, we will prevail. Through peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural...fluids. God bless you all."

I usually go with the best soundtrack sound and story line from the movie.

Armageddon, Transformers, Fast & Furious, i-Robot, Resident Evil, Swordfish.

Nothing wrong with your taste. In Bruge is a fantastic movie.
I set high standards for myself. I like my favorite and what I believe to be the best to fall in line. I mean everything I listed is considered pretty great, and it's not that I wish to fall into mentality of liking The Godfather or Citizen Kane or what have you most. But I do enjoy being able to call the best my favorite. Probably sounds silly.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My favorite movie is Trading Places. I love the performances of Eddie Murphy and Dan Akroyd and I actually wanted to be a commodities trader when I was younger. Lots of subtle bits of humor in there also that I did not catch until I re-watched the movie when I was older.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I set high standards for myself. I like my favorite and what I believe to be the best to fall in line. I mean everything I listed is considered pretty great, and it's not that I wish to fall into mentality of liking The Godfather or Citizen Kane or what have you most. But I do enjoy being able to call the best my favorite. Probably sounds silly.
Considering your favorite movie to be the best movie ever is a pretty low standard actually. I'm calling the kettle black here when it comes to movies, which I'm no expert on, but when it comes to video games I have a list of best and favorite games that don't intersect at all.

That and from a critical standpoint In Bruge is probably better than the Princess Bride anyway. But hey, I really enjoyed both movies about equally.

I think it'd be The Dark Knight, just cause it's what I'd been waiting for as a comic book fan for my life so far. It followed the comics perfectly (while still being respectable as a movie) had a great cast, great acting, action, cinematography, etc blah.

I acknowledge it's faults like the over hype it got, Batman using witty quips, using a computer to deepen Batman's voice to horrible levels, over doing the plot from a movie standpoint.

But for me, the movie was right in what it did. It appeased the kind of fan I was. Who went to see a movie, but wanted something very close ans true to the comics.

For the record, I think Batman Begins would be a better "film" in terms of character development, plot, and the like.

Alien was fantastic. I'm not into horror/thriller/slasher/whatever, but it was very entertaining as was the second one.

Princess Mononoke is another one I love watching too. I'd think Spirited Away is the best Miyazaki movie, but Mononoke Hime is more fun to watch. (First watched Mononoke Hime when I was 7, not a smart idea.)

Monsters Inc. is up there being my favorite Pixar movie, though I do like Cars quite a bit as well.

That was quite a long post from someone who doesn't watch movies very often, but I felt all those movies deserved mention.

I have a lot of cool movies in mind. As a kid, Home Alone was probably my favorite movie, though.

Office Space is my favorite movie. It's hilarious, and it has jokes which are funny, of course, but on top of that the entire premise of the movie is funny, and even things which aren't funny end up being funny in the context of the movie. I also find it to be a nice contrast to my life, because I work very hard on schoolwork and have been feeling burned out for about a month, but I still keep at it. Part of me is always thinking "I should be Peter!!!"

I really dig Ocean's Eleven, it's gotta be my second favorite. It's just beautifully put together, and it wouldn't be as riveting if they let you know what exactly was happening. Even when you start to think "okay now I'm going to find out how it happened" they lead you on a different trail, and the audience gets fooled just as they fool Benedict.

I also really like Big Trouble, and I've been meaning to read the book for some time. I guess I like it for the same reasons as Office Space, it's got hilarious jokes, but the jokes are intertwined into the setting of the movie very well as to make them REALLY funny if you're watching the movie, though they don't make any sense if you haven't been watching.

I like the Matrix, the whole mindfuck aspect of it has kind of worn thin, but it still paints a pretty incredible portrait of the future (or present????), and is really exciting. Like, really exciting. Speaking of movies that are really exciting, Reign of Fire and Night of the Living Dead are right up there with the Matrix.

The Star Wars series. I like both trilogies but the final three are better, in my opinion. This series was such a great idea; I found the Jedi order, systems, and most other things creative. Although, from time to time, the acting could have been ameliorated (e.g. Hayden Christensen was good but not amazing) to compliment a series such as this one, there were also fantastic performances (e.g. Harrison Ford as Han Solo; he captured the essence of his character brilliantly).

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Three movies that I can really call my favorite:

Young Frankenstein: The funniest movie ever bar perhaps 2012 (It was funny IMO). Marty Feldman (RIP) was excellent as Igor, or Eyegor, and Gene Wilder was the best mad scientist of all movies in the skin of Dr. Frederick Frankenstein. The best work of Mell Brooks.

Casablanca: No, I'm not gay. And I am 16. Before I watched this movie, I thought that Dirty Dancing was the best rommantic movie ever, but then I saw Rick Blaine (Bogart, majestic). Man, he got cheated on by Ilsa (Ingrid Bergman, also majestic) pretty badly. And I'm the only person in world that has "As Time Goes By" as a cellphone ringtone (Louis Armstrong singing this music was awesome).

Ben Hur: It's very, very long, but unlike Avatar, this movie has an story. The story of Judah Ben-Hur, a former prince of Hur being betrayed by his childhood friend Messala. Every part of the movie is awesome, but the best parts are the Chariots Race and the discover of the illness of Ben Hur's mother and sister.

There are also a lot of other movies that I like. "Last stop 174", "The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Disney)", "Batman (1966)", "Click", etc...

The Life Aquatic: Dry dry dry as all hell but SO damn fun to watch.

Coraline: Pretty much ANY Henry Selick Stopmo makes me a happy person.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)