1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

When do we plan to update the offensive and defensive threat lists?

Discussion in 'Site Projects' started by Bologo, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Bologo

Bologo Have fun with birds and bees.
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Yeah, I was wondering when we're going to get around to updating these in the RMT forum, because Platinum has brought in quite a few huge threats, and added a lot of threatening options to already existing Pokemon. Eg. Skymin for offensive, Rotom for defensive, etc.

Should we wait a couple of months before doing this, or should we get around to doing it now?
  2. kd24

kd24 yo daddy musta been a drug dealer? why, cuz you're dope
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I think we should do it now. Platinum is here and everything is now available to us. I don't see any reason to wait as the metagame has pretty much been developed through weeks of theorymon alongside a week of playtesting.
  3. Colonel M

Colonel M JESUS BIRD HAS RETURNED
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I want to say wait a little bit until we can figure out threats and such. However if we have to do it now then we might as well consider the old threats and add and / or subtract new ones. I'd say when we start making the new analysis would be the best time but now doesn't sound horrible for the threat list.
  4. Great Sage

Great Sage

Wait until the Platinum metagame has settled down.
  5. jrrrrrrr

jrrrrrrr wubwubwub
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

How long of a "settle down" period are we looking for?

This also brings up the question of "when are we going to start allowing platinum movesets to be added?" This is going to require a lot of work, especially in the analyses and I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that we should get started sooner rather than later =\
  6. kd24

kd24 yo daddy musta been a drug dealer? why, cuz you're dope
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I know people might say "NO!!!!" thanks to my past peer editing history but I have matured as both a writer and a user of common sense since my last peer edit and would love to help rewrite a few sets to include Platinum changes.
  7. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Jack of All Trades

We could just re-instate the policy that was presented during the writing of the first peer edits. That is, just let badged members write the analyses in hopes that it will be completed more quickly, efficiently, and thoroughly.
  8. Great Sage

Great Sage

While I can compromise on things like updating the lists, I absolutely cannot agree to writing any changes to the analyses now. It's very likely we'll just have to do them over again, and having these updated analyses online isn't of extremely pressing importance at this moment. What I'm aiming for is starting up the Platinum updating process by November (which isn't as far off as you think).

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)