When in Rome...we battle in the colosseum! Steampowered vs Solstice (1v1 singles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
simple challenge,
1 v 1 strongmons
2 day DQ
5 chills no recoveries

Arena: not ASB or Unown!!! blasphemy

Complexity: Simple
Format: All
Arena Type: None
Restrictions: None

The Colosseum. Yes, the one in Rome. There's a water source, as well as plenty of rocks. If the Emperor (referee) decrees the match to be too boring, then he may order the release of a pokemon into the arena that will attack indescriminately. It can be a legendary like Kyogre or something smaller like Houndoom.
I'll take that Steampowered, hopefully we keep it exciting huh?
Awesome, I get to choose for solstice!

Switch=No
Items=No
Abilites=No

I feel like saying no, you have a problem with that?

Team time.

Team Solstice

Sigilyph (F) (Aviatrix)
Nature: Bold (Adds One Rank to Defense, Subtracts One Rank from Attack)
Type: Psychic/Flying
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 1
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 97

EC: 6/6
MC: 4
DC: 2/5

Abilities:
Wonder Skin: (Innate) The Pokemon's skin has an agent that heaviliy resists attempts to change its composition. It rejects burn, paralysis, poison, and sleep attempts by non-damaging attacks, halving their accuracy.
Magic Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it. Additionally, the energy protects the Pokemon from its own reckless recoil attacks.
Tinted Lens(DW): (Innate) When this Pokemon uses an attack that is normally not very effective, that attack is calculated at the next highest resisrance modifier. (e.g. 4x resistance is calculated at 2x, 2x resistance becomes neutral).

Attacks:
Gust
Miracle Eye
Hypnosis
Psywave
Tailwind
Whirlwind
Psybeam
Air Cutter
Light Screen
Ancientpower
Roost
Stored Power
Calm Mind
Charge Beam
Shadow Ball

Team Stempowered

Larousse Starmie

Type:

Water Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:

Illuminate (Can be Activated) At any point in a match this Pokemon can illuminate the area without using an action, the light is less powerful than Flash.

Natural Cure (Innate) This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time, it goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.

Analytic (DW) (Can be Enabled) If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attacks have two (2) more Base Attack Power.

EC 6/6
MC 0
DC 0/5

Nature:

Modest Adds One (1) Rank to Special Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Attack

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 5 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 115

Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 19

Attacks

Tackle
Harden
Water Gun
Rapid Spin
Recover
Camouflage
Swift
BubbleBeam

Aurora Beam
Barrier
Supersonic

Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Total moves: 13

The emporer decrees that Solstice needs to give his pokemon size and eight classes, and say how many moves each pokeomn have!

Further more, the emporer decrees that Solstice will order first.

Let thee (done on purpose) battle begin!

Oh yeah, forgot about that...

Well Aviatrix we're definitely going to take this one! Start off with a Calm Mind, then attack with a Shadow Ball+Shadow Ball combination!

let's do this!

time for a some fun, go over to the wall of the colosseum and use the building wall to Camouflage and turn yourself into the Normal Type, follow up with and Ice Beam and finish with Thunderbolt

Round 1

Pre-Round
Solstice

Sigilyph – Aviatrix (F)
HP: 100
Energy: 100
Stat Changes:
Other:

VS
Stempowered

Starmire – Larousse (X)
Energy: 100
Stat Changes:
Other:

I, the emporer, declare this match to start!

Larousse the Starmie is sent out by steampowered and straight away starts to camouflage into its surrounding. While Aviatrix the Sigilyph chooses to calm her mind in preparation for the stressful battle ahead.

Larousse uses Ice Beam while Aviatrix is building up for a massive combo, it’s a double Shadow Ball! But it does nothing thanks to Larousse’s camouflage!

As Aviatrix cools down from the combo Larousse uses thunderbolt! It seems the failing of her combo is getting too Aviatrix and her stat boost’s disappear! Well, it did help nerf the damage dne by Larousse I guess.

Post-Round
Solstice

Sigilyph – Aviatrix (F)
HP: 74
Energy: 70
Stat Changes:
Other:

VS

Stempowered

Starmire – Larousse (X)
Energy: 78
Stat Changes:
Other:

Sigilyph
Calm Mind 6 energy +1 Sp.Attack and Sp.Defence
Shadow Ball + Shadow Combo 24 energy, failed
Combo cooldown
Starmie
Camouflage (normal) 8 energy Starmie is now a normal type
Ice Beam 7 energy 13 damage
Thunderbolt 7 energy 13 damage

we're still normal typed so we should be able to nerf any incoming shadow balls

Start with an Ice Beam, follow up with a Thunderbolt and finish with an Ice Beam

SUB: Camouflage with the ground (the actual ground) to become the Ground type if you see an incoming Charge Beam, and push actions down (only do this sub on the first charge beam)

Round 2

Pre-Round
Solstice

Sigilyph – Aviatrix (F)
HP: 74
Energy: 70
Stat Changes:
Other:

VS

Stempowered

Starmire – Larousse (X)
Energy: 78
Stat Changes:
Other:

The second round starts with Larousse beaming some ice over to aviatrix for some damage (obviously). Aviatrix really didn’t like that so she sets up a screen of light. Maybe the light will melt the ice, I don’t know but Aviatrix thinks it will help her.

The damage to Aviatrix keeps coming, this time via Larousse’s thunderbolt! Wait a sec, that light screen there blocked some of the damage; I guess it does do something. However, it couldn’t block all of the damage sadly for Aviatrix. Now she tries to fight back by sending a hypnotic (sis) sound wave through but Larousse simply can’t hear it! Maybe it’s the it because Starmie’s have no ears, or maybe the 60,000 Romans screaming for blood had something to do with it, or maybe the attack straight out missed. I don’t now but the important thing is that Larousse is not asleep!

Larousse uses Ice Beam and that was defiantly weaker then the last one at the start of the round. Aviatrix then finally deals SOME damage to Larousse with a psywave.

O my god, O MY GOD. Or should I say gods because we are in ancient Rome? Anyway, a Pikachu has walked into the arena, you hear me! It’s Jupiter’s electric pet hamster thingy do bop! O my goodness, I can’t believe we are graced with its presence!

Post-Round
Solstice

Sigilyph – Aviatrix (F)
HP: 24
Energy: 53
Stat Changes:
Other: Light Screen for three (3) more actions

VS
Stempowered

Starmire – Larousse (X)
HP: 80
Energy: 57
Stat Changes:
Other:

Sigilyph
Light Screen 7 energy, Sigilyph will be protected by a light screen for 6 actions
Hypnosis 6 energy RNG rolled 76/100 for a miss
Psywave 4 energy 10 damage
Starmie
Ice Beam 7 energy 20 damage
Thunderbolt 7 energy 15 damage
Ice Beam 7 energy 15 damage

Pre-Round
Solstice

Sigilyph – Aviatrix (F)
HP: 24
Energy: 53
Stat Changes:
Other: Light Screen for three (3) more actions

VS
Stempowered

Starmire – Larousse (X)
HP: 80
Energy: 57
Stat Changes:
Other:

The round starts and ends very quickly with Larousse blasting Aviatrix with a thunderbolt, then and ice beam, then another thunderbolt! Aviatrix tries to fight back with two air cutters; the second got a critical hit even. Aviatrix wasn’t able to get off a third air cutter however because Larousse’s last thunderbolt KOed her.

Post-Round
Solstice

Sigilyph – Aviatrix (F)
HP: K
Energy: O
Stat Changes:
Other:

VS
Stempowered

Starmire – Larousse (X)
HP: 55
Energy: 36
Stat Changes:
Other:

Calcs
Sigilyph
Air Cutter 3 energy 11 damage
Air Cutter 7 energy 14 damage RNG rolled 1/16 for a crit
KOed
Starmie
Ice Beam 7 energy 15 damage

Rewards
Trainers get 2 TC
Pokemon get 3 MC
Larousse also gets a KOC
I get 2 RC.

GG and all that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)