When Worlds Collide (DPP sucks RMT #2 using only Kanto and Johto Pokemon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, you may remember me presenting my Mono-Kanto team. As much as I love Kanto, I decided that Johto was also great, and that it was alright to use those Pokemon as well. After several weeks of training, I've come up with a great team that handles every single one of this Metagame's threats. While cutting myself off from RSEDPP may seem foolish at first, the only Pokemon from those generations I'd ever consider using would be Salamence and Heatran. Now, without further babbling, let me present the Team.

WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE
The Unsung Anti Lead
Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What the hell?! Why would you put Butterfree in a highly competitive team? Well, I've always wanted a really solid lead that I could stick with. I tried Venemoth, Clefable, Aerodactyl, and even Pokemon not from the older generations such as Swampert and Metagross, none of them seemed to work. One day when I was reading Butterfree's analysis, I noticed that it had a unique ability, one that could signify it's use in OU play. I announced that Butterfree had a great ability and I might try it, and asked if anybody had opinions on the matter. I had quite a few people flaming me for even thinking of using it, but some of my good friends told me it could be a great Pokemon. After I started playing with Butterfree, I was winning more and more. You might be asking me now, why am I using Butterfree over Breloom? Mainly because Butterfree is a Flying Type Pokemon, and some of my Pokemon dislike ground-type moves.

Moveset and Opinion
Butterfree @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Compound Eyes
252 Sp.Atk/204 Speed/54 Def
Timid Nature

Sleep Powder - This is the move I use right off the bat, with it's 97.5% accuracy I'm almost garunteed a sleep. After I sleep their lead, I switch into an appropriate counter. My favourite lead to face with this set is Azelf, because I can sleep them with impunity and switch to TTar, breaking their sash and allowing him to get a free DD on the switch, or even more DDs if they decide to stay in.

Stun Spore - I love to spread the joy of paralysis on when they switch out of choiced Earth Attacks. Stun Spore also has an accuracy of 97.5%, which again, is almost a garunteed hit.

Hidden Powder[Fire] - This move is mainly used against Scizor and Fortress. If I'm in against either one of them, they'll usually think of setting up. While I have HP Fire in hand, I can punish them for their greed.

Bug Buzz - This serves as my primary STAB move coming from Butterfree's modest Special Attack stat, it lets me beatup Celebi and Exeggutor.

This Pokemon was definately an eye-opener. Although Butterfree is usually deemed outclassed by Breloom, it does sport some major advantages. As I mentoined earlier, the flying type to spread the joy of paralysis. Another up to Butterfree is that her Stun Spore has way more accuracy then Breloom's. Breloom also has incredible trouble getting through Celebi, but Butterfree does it with impunity. It should also be noted that Butterfree prevents SRs from being set-up 90% of the time.

The Monsterous Physical Sweeper
Why did you chose this Pokemon?
In the early stages of this team's development, I used Tyranitar as a Psychic Immunity, and his set was a Boah. After trying the Boah set for a few days, I deemed it awful.
After a few more days of testing, I came learned that Tyranitar had Dragon Dance. I was interested in the speed boosts that came from Dragon Dance, so I ran some calculations. This thing can even outspeed most Salamence after a single Dragon Dance. Once I knew of it's awesomeness, I placed it on my team and tried it out. It absolutely wrecks teams by itself. This has definately turned out to be my most powerful Pokemon.

Moveset and Opinion
Tyranitar @ Leftovers/Babiri Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Adamant Nature

Stone Edge - Stone Edge is Tyranitar's most powerful attack, it has 100 BP, STAB and a 1.5x boost from the Sandstorm. The only turnoff to this move is that it only has 80 accuracy, but it seldom misses on important hits. After one Dragon Dance, I can outspeed and OHKO all the Dragons who would otherwise threaten me. This move also lets me break bulkier Pokemon, such as Kingdra.
It should be noted that Skarmory and Gliscor both are OHKOed by a CH Stone Edge after a DD.

Crunch - Tyranitar's other STAB attack, while this one isn't as powerful, it has alot more reliability. Crunch will even 2HKO Vaporeon and Glsicor, counting in Leftovers recovery. It's also my move to strike Psychics with.

Earthquake - While Smogon declares that you should use Fire Punch here, I solemnly disagree. This move allows me to destroy Pokemon who resist my two other STAB moves, such as enemy Tyranitar. This move also let's me destroy Heatran, who would otherwise wall this set. Heatran also cannot OHKO Ttar with Earth Power in the sand.

Dragon Dance - Dragon Dance is the crux of this set, giving Tyranitar even more attack and some much needed speed. After a Dragon Dance, it nets some important KOs on Pokemon, such as Scizor with Stone Edge. As I stated above, the speed makes Tyranitar faster then most Salamence and all Dragonite (except Scarfers) so that he can OHKO them. This move is what makes TTar good.

This Pokemon has definately made his way into my team, he has incredible bulk, an effect to nullify focus sashs, a diverse movepool, the ability to bolster his lackluster speed and 3 moves that give unresisted coverage. I still haven't decided whether I should choose the option that gives general recovery, or the option that let's me beat Scizor without having full health. I really can't decide, some comments on this would be nice.

The Bulky Stealth Rock Supporter

Reyson suggested a Cleric Blissey to me, and it's worked semi-well so far. It's main purpose is to setup 'Rocks and heal burns to Tyranitar and Paralysis to Butterfree. If I would replace anybody on this team, it would be Blissey, but it's still decent.

Moveset and Opinion
Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
252 Def/240HP/14 Sp.Def
Bold Nature

Aromatherapy - This heals the Rogue status on my team.

Stealth Rocks - Every team needs to have SR Support, and since my lead doesn't have it, my supporter should.

Softboiled - This is Blissey's signature healing move (Damn you for stealing it Clefable!). It helps her stay in longer and tank hits.

Seismic Toss - Since this set is very defensive, I didn't have any leftover EVs for Sp.Atk. In this case, I opted to use Seismic Toss for the steady stream of damage.

As I stated earlier, if anybody on this team was to leave, it would be Blissey. This generation definately has a lack of Special Attackers, do Blissey's usefulness starts to deplete. I should be thankful Blissey can aid my team with Aromatherapy and Stealth Rocks though, because my team needs both.

The Shocking Physical Wall
I stumbled across Zapdos when I was looking for the universal Scizor counter. Zapdos not only has a 2x resistance to it's Bullet Punch, but it has a way of healing and Heat Wave to shoo Scizor away. After looking at those details, I went for Zapdos right away.

Moveset and Opinion
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
252 HP/216 Def/40 Speed
Bold Nature

Thunderbolt - There's not really much to say about Thunderbolt other then that it's my main STAB move. I like to use it when I predict Scizor switchs.

Heat Wave - The very bane of Scizor and Lucario, it lets me OHKO both of them with impunity. It's also a great attacking move in general for Pokemon that resist BoltBeam.

Hidden Power[Grass] - This move is used mainly to deal with Swamperts, but it can be useful for the ocassional Gastrodon, Rhyperior or Golem.

Roost - The odd time when SRs get up, this move gets even more useful. A self healing move is always good on a wall, and letting me get rid of the SR damage is always nice.

Zapdos is definately the best Physical Wall, much better then Skarmory. It has many of the same resistances (Bug, Steel, Ground) but loses his Rock resistance for a Fighting one, which I proclaim to be much more useful. Zapdos also has a fighting chance against Lucario, who loves to setup on Skarmory.

The Stallbreaker
In this spot I tried both Machamp and Scizor, who both did great. The only problem I had with those two were that they couldn't break walls. The other day I learned that Hera could break any wall imagineable, so I tried it out. It certainly is a blessing, here are some useful damage outputs. (These are calculated with an Adamant Nature)
After a SD, Heracross can...
OHKO Skarmory, Hippowdon, Swampert and Blissey with CC.
OHKO every Psychic Pokemon in the game with Megahorn
OHKO Gliscor, Weezing and BulkyGyara with Facade

Moveset and Opinion
Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
252 Spe/252 Atk/4 Def
Adamant Nature

Megahorn - This is mainly for use against Psychics. It is also my option against Rotom Forms and Gengar. (Gengar is always OHKOed by SD Megahorn and Rotom-Any has a small chance to be OHKOed)

Close Combat - This acts as my basic STAB move, pretty much OHKOing everything that isn't resistant or immune to it in the entire game after a SD.

Swords Dance - Swords Dance is the crux of this set, allowing Heracross to effectively counter every single counter that it's faster than.

Facade - Pokemon that resist Close Combat face a full powered Facade. This move is a godsend at beating Gyarados and Gliscor.(as stated earlier)

While Scizor isn't the most powerful Pokemon on my team, it certainly is good. I replaced the Speed EVs on it for HP EVs, there isn't anything it needs to outspeed, it has Bullet Punch for priority. This thing can sweep unpreapared teams alone.

Before Heracross joined this team, stall completely destroyed me, and now I have a fighting chance. With a single Swords Dance, Heracross can sweep through stall with only his burn damage to worry about. Definately a great choice for my team.

The "Patrick" Star Revenge Killer
I was in desperate need of a Revenge Killer for Dragons/Gyarados, and needed a water that could talk Fire hits. When my friend PaidAssassinX told me about Starmie, I was pretty happy. I tried playtesting it and it had great results.

Moveset and Opinion
Starmie @ Choice Scarf
252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Modest Nature

Surf - I use this as my basic STAB attack, it's mostly used to Revenge Kill Infernape, Heatran, Hippowdan and TTar.

Ice Beam - Ice Beam is the Crux of this set, allowing me to Revenge Kill Salamence, Dragonite and Grass Type Pokemon.

Trick - This move basically lets me get rid of my Scarf when I don't need it. I usually pass it over to a Wall, such as Blissey or Suicune.

Thunderbolt - This move allows me to revenge kill other waters and destroy Gyarados.

Starmie is an excellent Revenge Killer, and it's weaknesses are blocked by DosBliss. The most prominent thing about ScarfStarmie is that it can outspeed max speed +1 Salamence by one point. This means that it can also revenge kill Gyarados, since they're always slower then Mence.

RESERVED FOR THREAT LIST

This team has served me well so far, it so much, it rarely ever loses. I mainly need help on movesets, and some Scizor help. Please do not suggest Pokemon past RBYGSC, as I hate them so much. Thanks for reading.

I really like the setup of this team,but I also have a few things to suggest.

On Zapdos-The ev's and moveset are standard,but I would strongly suggest that you change HP Ice to HP Grass,as that would give you a way to dispose of Swampert effectively.Also,Swamperts are much more prevelant in OU than Dragonite,and Thunderbolt would still hit Salamence for neutral damage anyway.

On Scizor-There's a few things here.NEVER,I REPEAT NEVER use full Hp on it,as it is a Stealth rock number,and thus will take more damage on repeated switch-ins than if you used 248 Hp evs.Also,the standard set for a Swords dance set is 32 hp/252 atk/224 speed-Swords Dance/X-scissor/bullet punch/brick break(or superpower).But if you must stay with your ev set,at least go with 248 hp/252 atk/8 sp def.

On Starmie-Go with the set of 136 HP / 156 Def / 216 Speed(timid) recover/surf/thunderbolt/rapid spin/recover,as Zapdos is SR weak,and Butterfree is 4x weak to it.If you still wanna deal with salamence effectively,use 252 sp atk,252 speed,4 hp(timid) with rapid spin/ice beam/surf/thunderbolt.

Hope this helps your team,it took a while to type >_<

nice rmt, but i'm not sure about the team itself.

a couple of questions.

-what, exactly, is the winning plan behind this team? while countering threats used to be a valid strategy, it has been made clear that there are far too many threats in dpp play to make merely countering them a useless final objective. you have not really mentioned any sort of goal here; as has been said many times, throwing together a bunch of strong pokemon certainly doesn't fly anymore.
-scizor doesn't exactly counter blissey. i am left wondering how you would safely switch him in; blissey will probably come in to counter starmie, but the obvious following move is thunder wave. scizor cannot safely counter blissey if it's paralyzed, and thus slower. i also wonder that if "beating blissey" is actually a real concern for you, what exactly are you trying to do that her presence would hinder your victory?

you seem to be quick to point out flaws in existent strategies and "proclaim" that your own are much better and more viable, but i fail to see how you can win without even planning a specific way to do just that. butterfree is supposed to handle all leads, but what'll you do against ice shard or fake out anti-leads? ddtar is a great lategame sweeper, but do you have more than one way to get him his crucial free switch to set up? without rapid spin on starmie, butterfree and zapdos have very limited switching potential, but then you also lack a safety net against dd gyarados.

it's cute to try to use butterfree as a lead, but there's a reason it's NU. a lot of your problems stem from the fact that it is a very weak pokemon; after sleeping an opponent, you're basically still on the same level (that is, 5 vs 5) as it can hardly do anything after the first turn. i would suggest at least using aerodactyl as a slightly more beneficial lead who can get rocks up for you and has a little bit of actual attack power, but if i don't know what your overall strategy is in the end, i can't really suggest for you team member changes in order to carry out more effective battles.

Ryo's pretty much right on this one.

You've got some exelent revenge killers on your team but you don't really have many opportunities to set up in this way. The only sweeper you really have is Ttar. If it does managed to get defeated I don't think you'll have any opportunities to sweep.

Butterfree is an interesting choice. I do like the compoundeyes thing and I've seen quite a few butterfrees in OU myself. They certainly are a nucance. However you lack an ability to get rid of stealth rock which puts your entire team in jepordy. While you would usually see leads with stealth rock and nothing else you'd have to take in the fact that sometime stealth rock comes out of the blue. Like I said before this puts your team at risk.

I should definately add that, thanks for reminding me. The goal of this team is to shut down the metagame's top leads, then pick off the metagame's top sweepers one by one with my counters.

Also, thanks for telling me about the Scizor, I'll definately lower his HP a bit, but he doesn't really need his speed, there's nothing he really needs to outspeed. The Zapdos isn't standard either, it's standard with 8 more speed EVs, just to outspeed DNite.

In terms of having another sweeper, I was considering Dragon Dance Dragonite over Scizor, as I another Sweeper is valuble, and it can also massacre Blissey with Superpower.

Thanks for the comments guys, keep 'um coming!

EDIT: I always need a bit Blissey beater because it walls my entire team, barring TTar.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think that Scizor needs some speed EVs. You never know when someone's waiting for Starmie to die to send in a Heatran.

About the aforementioned SR problem, you might want to see if you can fit Rapid Spin in there. I really don't know where, but since Starmie is your revenge killer, putting it over Trick is the best option out of the four.

Substitute with Life orb is really going to eat away at your health, even with Blissey wish passing theres probably going to be moments where you need Scizor and Blissey can't switch in to restore its health. I think you should just run with the standard SD set; or put leftovers on him, as you may not need life orb with the +2-+6 boosts.

I'll try fitting Rapid Spin on Starmie, since my team has a huge SR weakness. I guess I'll just use the standard SD set, but at the moment, I'm testing DDNite in his place.
Keep the comments coming!

Sorry for the spam, but I just had to give kudos for using butterfree...
It's an awesome pokemon that's not used nearly enough.

RMT

Machamp may be a better Bliss counter and may prove to have better sweeping potential.

P.S.:
I've noticed an increase in Butterfree leads since you've posted this. I just thought that that was worth noting.

First of all, thanks for the Butterfree kudos.

Second of all, I tried Machamp before Scizor, and he was incredible. I only gave him up because I needed someone who could resist Dragon, Ice, Bug and Ghost attacks while still being able to beat up Blissey. I may go back to Machamp, however.

PS: I almost had my threat list done, and I accidently clicked the damn ask toolbar. Ugh.

Only thing I could see as a problem would be a baited Thunderbolt to an Electivire, then anyone with a decent moveset would just tear through your team. Blissy would only slow it down for an extra move via cross chop.

Cross Chop for 4x damage on TT and 2HKO blissey(1HKO if its a crit, which it has a high chance of being), Ice Punch for Zapdos and Butterfree, Thunderpunch for Starmie.

Just the first thing I noticed. I really, really like the Butterfree lead, its original without being gimmicky, and seems like it could work well.

i don't think having "another sweeper" is your problem. many teams are dedicated to setting up single sweepers like ddtar, using a combination of residual damage, walls, and wallbreakers to open up the crucial setup turn. this, i believe, is the standard formula for balanced teams (if there is a formula in the first place).

if you choose to build a team around t-tar, fine, it's a good idea and many people have tried it. butterfree may even be a useable lead. however, your strategy should therefore be luring out and eliminating t-tar's lategame counters. ideally, you should be able to hide t-tar until the end game, only bringing him out when all conditions for sweeping have been cleared. it shouldn't cost you so much as to reveal t-tar in order to find its main counter (probably scizor). yes, zapdos has the ability to counter scizor, but what is forcing the opponent to bring one out in the first place?

consider what your own scizor loves to switch in on (no, not blissey, no smart scizor user is going to switch in on blissey). dragon or ice attacks? maybe flygon or mamoswine has a place on your team.

this same thought process can reveal better potential team members to you. if the object is sweeping with tyranitar, then having a "blissey beater" will no longer be an issue, and you can get rid of scizor for something more useful.

like i said before, good teams need to work towards a common objective. keeping this in mind during the teambuilding/editing process will make your planning so much easier and much more efficient in the end.

Wow, that last comment really helped me.
I'm going to try adding Celebi to handle some of TTar's counters, it can take Ground/Water/Fighting types, and Zapdos can take Scizor. Once those are removed, I can reveal TTar and sweep. In place of Scizor, I may add BellyZard. Since I have mild Spin Support with Starmie, and Butterfree stops SRs from happening most of the time, I think it can be an effective and powerful sweeper. It also breaks stall in half. Celebi covers it's Rock, Water and Thunder weaknesses. I think Celebi makes a decent fit in this team. The set I'm purposing is this.

Celebi @ Life Orb
252 Sp.Atk/252 Spe/4 Hp
Nature: Timid
Recover
Leaf Storm
Hidden Power[Fire]
Psychic

Sport your opinions.

EDIT: Woah, this thing can resist 3/4 of Electrivire's moves and OHKO with Leaf Storm. I can definately see Celebi becoming a top sweeper in my team.

If you choose Celebi, then this is less true, but Swampert walls you.

Put HP Grass on Zapdos, as T-bolt is STAB, powerful, and neutral against Dragonite/Salamence. I know my Zapdos (LO with split HP/Spe and max SpA) is bulky enough to take resisted hits, and OHKOs Salamence (who is far more common than Dragonite) after SR. Utilizing him as a bulky sweeper I think would benefit this team a bit more than pure tank.

Also, Bellyzard is TERRIBLE, never use him. Any priority messes him up, and he can't come in on anyone that can break his sub (you sub, it breaks, you drum, you die)...and with shit defenses and 4 weaknesses, that's damn near anything. Just use the Choice Band Scizor set or swap out Sub for X Scissor for a reliable, powerful STAB attack and he'll be much better.

Wow, that last comment really helped me.
I'm going to try adding Celebi to handle some of TTar's counters, it can take Ground/Water/Fighting types, and Zapdos can take Scizor. Once those are removed, I can reveal TTar and sweep. In place of Scizor, I may add BellyZard. Since I have mild Spin Support with Starmie, and Butterfree stops SRs from happening most of the time, I think it can be an effective and powerful sweeper. It also breaks stall in half. Celebi covers it's Rock, Water and Thunder weaknesses. I think Celebi makes a decent fit in this team. The set I'm purposing is this.

Celebi @ Life Orb
252 Sp.Atk/252 Spe/4 Hp
Nature: Timid
Recover
Leaf Storm
Hidden Power[Fire]
Psychic

Sport your opinions.

EDIT: Woah, this thing can resist 3/4 of Electrivire's moves and OHKO with Leaf Storm. I can definately see Celebi becoming a top sweeper in my team.

Can a Celebi take an Ice Punch from an Electivire?

I said 3 out of his 4 moves, Thunder(bolt/punch), Cross Chop and Earthquake.

Also, I'll try the other Scizor set. Thanks for the help so far guys. I've gotten several comments about switching Dos's Hidden Power to Grass, so I guess I'll do that.

Butterfree is definitely an interesting lead. HP fire means you won't outpeed Jolly scarf Breloom, but that isn't that big of an issue.

However, there is some potential wasted with the set you're using. Although Butterfree is frail, you are able to invest more into defense because of wasted Speed EVs. with the set you have, Butterfree reaches 391 speed. Due to you're using HP fire, the 1 speed you lost means it is meaningless to run max speed, because you lose to other base 70's running a Scarf with max speed. You can run either of the two EV spreads below:

252Sp.Attk/232Spe/26Def Gives you 384 Speed, enough to outspeed everything you already do with your current set

However, if you're not afraid of Jolly Weavile, you can run this spread:

252Sp.Attk/204Spe/54Def Gives you 373 Speed, enough to outspeed any 120 base, +Speed natured pokemon. Basicly, it does the same as the set above except it gets outsped by Weavile and Swellow. This set still outspeeds Base 60 Choice scarfers with a +Speed Nature like Magnezone.

At a glance, everything else looks fine, i'll look at it more later.

Edit: I'd like to take a look at your threats list before I suggest anything else. That way I can help with a way to deal with your biggest threats, as I don't know what you have trouble with.
MAJOR EDIT: I made a mistake on the second set! It's 208 speed, NOT 204! Please take note lol XP

I said 3 out of his 4 moves, Thunder(bolt/punch), Cross Chop and Earthquake.

Also, I'll try the other Scizor set. Thanks for the help so far guys. I've gotten several comments about switching Dos's Hidden Power to Grass, so I guess I'll do that.
So is Starmie. You only need one move to destroy something.

A scarfed Breloom is superior to that Butterfree. It does the same thing, while guaranteeing that your sleep move doesn't miss. Not only that, but it resists SR instead of losing 50% each time it is switched in. They both have base 70 Speed, so it's not like you're outspeeding more stuff with Butterfree, and its stats are terrible. At least Breloom has a 130 base Attack to work with, so you might find him useful later in the game. I don't see Butterfree doing much more than maybe sleeping one poke and then dying. If the opponent gets SR up, forget it about its usefulness. Breloom will be able to sleep the opponent, switch out, and come back in later for a gauranteed Spore or powerful attack. Also, think about some of the most common Sleep Talkers: Gyarados, Rotom-A, Machamp. They will each shrug off Bug Buzz and hit you with a Stone Edge, Tbolt, etc. I just don't see Butterfree being more useful than Breloom for this role.

I've already explained that Free is superior to Loom, not in terms of attacking, but in terms of spreading status. Also, did you not see the part where I said "SRs only get setup 90% of the time?" SRs aren't usually a factor against my team, so Butterfree has no consequence switching in.

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi, Lord! It looks like you remade this thread!

Btw, I am PaidAssassinX.

I definetely recommend a new Scizor set, that is soooo like... new-DPP. Everyone is prepared for it now, try this set:

Name: Bulky Dancer
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Bullet Punch
move 3: Brick Break
move 4: Roost
item: Shed Shell
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 176 SpD / 4 Spe
relevant stats: 344 HP / 346 Atk / 236 Def / 240 SpD/ 167 Spe

Notes: Shed Shell… wtf? Yup, this bad boy has a whacky EV spread and Shed Shell as the item. Quiet as kept, this is the most effective Scizor set in the metagame right now. This set comes courtesy of Legacy Raider and various others that used this before me, so I must credit them.
Set Info and Usage: So this set is easily the best set for Scizor in the metagame today. Use this to counter Latias and just be a general beast. With a heavy special defensive investment, you can set up multiple Swords Dances on weaker Special Attackers like Rapid Spinning Starmie and Wish Vaporeon. You should have no problem getting 3 Swords Dances with this set. Also, have fun pissing off Magnezone users with your ability to switch out!!!!!!
EV Significance: Max HP first, since this IS a bulky Scizor. Add 4 Speed EVs so you can outrun most Vaporeon, then 76 EVs go into attack so that you can OHKO Azelf at +2 guarenteed (wouldn’t want to lose to its Flamethrower!). The rest go into Special Defense for general tankishness.
Relevant Damage Calculations:
0 SpA Vaporeon Surf vs. Scizor: 32-38%
Modest Choice Specs Latias Draco Meteor vs. Scizor: 48-56%
(Posted by RaikouLover on a different site)

This Bulky Scizor easily sets up on Pokemon that normally slowen a Scizor sweep, such as Gliscor and Vappy and most likely gets 2 or even 3 SD's on them both. Once you've got that, little stops you from sweeping, and of course... "have fun pissing off Magnezones with your ability to switch out!!!" As Magnezone is "the most reilable way to beat Scizor," you can hit and run much more easily.

EDIT:

When I made my own version of the "Cresselia Push" team, I used a bulky DD Tyranitar. It had:

[SET]
name: Bulky DDSubTar
~Dragon Dance
~Substitute
~Fire Punch
~Stone Edge
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 68 Defense / 168 Speed
Impish Nature
Item:Lefties

This set performed incredibly well. It is significantly weaker than your current Tyranitar, but fills more utility. The EV spread is somewhat like "BulkyGyara" in early DP, with very little Attack. However, Tyranitar is incredibly bulky in it's respect. This spread is designed to beat Scizor. Get a free switch on something that absolutely hates it, like Heatran (who you can't actually OHKO in retrospect) and get up a Substitute. If Scizor comes in, Dragon Dance as it breaks your Substitute. Now here is the magic of the EVs: At 75%, which is 1 Substitute and 2 turns of Leftovers recovery and Stealth Rock set up (against you), 591 ATK (max atk CB) Scizor NEVER OHKOs you with Bullet Punch! Additionally, you'll outspeed neutral base 100s, allowing you to usually squeeze in another hit against the incoming revenge killer (and Scizor is used alot on bulky / stall teams, trust) The Scizor set I suggested absolutely hates opposing Scizor, so even if you get KO'd that turn, you have deleted one of the main counters and can sweep easier. Obviously, Stone Edge takes care of Zapdos whereas Crunch takes out the Ghosts. Incredible setup man for Scizor.

252 HP EVs allows you to setup on the fat Blissey.

Of course you don't have to use it, I just want another tester xD.

Edit 2: To Wolfy, I'll defend Liam here. STalking Rotom-A rarely carries Thunderbolt (usually opting for Shadow Ball as W-o-W usually cripples Gyara enough). It's amazing how many Scizor switchin to Butterfree, and Butterfree can get a chunk off it's HP with HP [Fire]. (Am i saying HP too much?) Butterfree also 2HKOs Celebi with Bug Buzz, who is Breloom's worst enemy. Not only that, but Celebi can slow down the sweep for Scizor, outspeeding and usually carrying its' own HP [Fire] (there I go again!). Even if Breloom has higher Attack, it not only has a less accurate Stun Spore (FAR less accurate), but it doesn't hit the targets Liam needs to hit.

Edit 3: This post has as many posts in 1 days as my RMT had in 6 days! Although the last post, from Aquamilotic, said my team was amazing and it's weakness had been covered and I should go Shoddy now and get a high rating and stuff... not that it matters ><.

P.s: Glad to see your still using that Starmie set. That set is my pride and joy =;D.

I don't see his team having much problem with Celebi considering Blissey walls it to no end, Starmie's Ice Beam is a 2HKO, Zapdos can Heatwave and Roost off damage, TTar can Crunch it to death, etc. It is pretty sad that STAB Bug Buzz is only a 2HKO on a 4x Bug weak poke. That alone should be enough to show that outside of sleeping something, Butterfree is extremely weak. If it is stopping 90% of your opponents from getting up rocks, then you are playing some really lousy competition. Like I said, just about any Sleep Talker ruins it (even Shadow Ball) and then they can bring in their SR poke to set it up anyway. Then it gets basically no chance to come back in and do anything worthwhile. At least Loom could use Mach Punch to stop or Luke sweep or something useful. You need to maximize utility when you're trying to build a team from 6 pokes to handle any kind of opposition. Butterfree is about as far from maximizing utility as you can get. I've faced this lead before and each time it has been a waste of a team slot. Anything with Lum Berry gets SR up or a free sub, etc. If it is working for you, then great, but just know that it is inferior in just about every way, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)