Machamp @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Atk / 8 Spe / 16 SpDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Dynamic Punch
- Payback
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Intro: Machamp is my lead, and a great one at that. Machamp counters pretty much every commonly used lead today, and can stick around to wreak havok.

EVs: The EVs are very simple. The HP and Special Defense EVs allow for Machamp to always survive a lead Azelf's psychic, encore it, then switch to Jirachi to set up. The leftover EVs go into Attack to do some serious damage.

Moves: Standard moves for a standard anti-lead. Dynamic Punch is the reason Machamp is so dangerous, hitting 100% of the time. Stone Edge also always hits, and is my coverage move of choice. Encore allows me to encore attacks, and allows me to switch in my pokemon safely. It also lets me encore stealth rock, set up a sub, then wreck my opponent's team with STAB Dynamic Punches. Substitue allows me to scout, and rewards my encore. It also lets me avoid status, which is an issue for my team. Encore and Substitute changed to Ice Punch and Bullet Punch, to better handle today's leads. Thanks snorlaxe!

How it fares against the top 10 leads:
- dynamicpunch.
- Stone Edge then Bullet Punch
- Use Dynamicpunch
- Dynamicpunch
- Dynamic Punch then Bullet Punch
- Dynamic Punch.
- Dynamic Punch then switch, most likely to Gliscor
- Dynamicpunch.

credit to dukefan 5 for the top ten leads.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 SpDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Intro: I needed a pokemon to counter the ever threatening Latias, and some priority. Only one pokemon came to mind, Scizor. Scizor also provides me with momentum, and gives me a rather bulky pokemon to destroy the opponents team with.

EVs: I felt that to counter Latias, I should run a more defensive spread. The EV's allow Scizor to always OHKO Latias when she is fleeing with pursuit, and also allow Scizor to always survive a life orb'd hidden power fire from timid, 252 Spatk latias.

Moves: Although the EVs are different from those listed in the analysis, the moves are identical. They don't need to be changed, as they are excellent. Bullet Punch provides a 90 base power priority move, while U-Turn allows me to use free turns to heavily injure my opponents team, or scout their Scizor counter. Pursuit is the reason that I chose Scizor, as well as his unique EV spread. It allows me to not worry about Latias switching out, and coming back later in the match. Superpower rounds off the set, killing Scizor's counters, such as Magnezone and Heatran.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic

Intro: I really felt that I needed to have a bulky, special sweeper. I chose Jirachi, for his great set of resistances, especially to Psychic (to cover Machamp), and Rock. I also love the wish that he provides for my team, which frees up moveslots that would normally be dedicated to recovery moves.

EVs: The first set with standard EVs! Max HP is a given, and 36 speed Evs are given to outspeed max speed Tyranitar. The remander are put into defense, as Jirachi can already boost its special defense with calm mind.

Moves: Calm mind is the crux of the set, which allows Jirachi to set up, and sweep. Wish is the best move on the set IMO, as it allows my team to switch into stealth rock without consequences, and allows Latias and Gliscor to run other moves over their often standard recovery moves. It also allows Jirachi to set up a lot easier. Psychic is basic STAB, and Psychic and Thunderbolt offer great neutral coverage, which lets Jirachi easily sweep once it accumulates enough boosts.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Intro: Who is a great, bulky, special sweeper? There is only one answer: Latias. How could I avoid putting this great pokemon on my team?

EVs: 180 Spe allows Latias to outspeed plus speed, base 100, pokemon (and Infernape). Latias will already get outsped by base 110's because it is running hidden power fire, so why try to outspeed them? The lefrovers are placed into special defense to allow Latias to switch into common threats easier.

Moves: I can't believe that grass knot isn't standard on Latias! It hits everything that Surf and Thunderbolt combined hit, but harder (except for Vaporeon and Heatran)! It also hits Tyranitar for an extra 25 base power, always OHKOing 4/0 HP versions after stealth rock. Draco meteor is the best, and most used move on the set, with an amazing 140 base power. Hidden power is great, Koing Scizors that cockily opt for pursuit or u-turn. Dragon pulse is mostly filler, but allows Latias to KO 252 HP Tyranitar with dragon pulse+grass knot. Latias has been changed to Starmie, thanks to multiple suggestions.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Naive nature (+Spe, -SpDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Intro: Salamence is a great partner for Latias, and a great pokemon in general. Salamence tears holes in teams, which my other team members can exploit to sweep to victory.

EVs: The EVs are standard for mixmence. 252 speed allow it to tie with plus speed base 100's, at worst. 16 attack EVs allow it to 2HKO Blissey with Draco Meteor and Outrage. The leftovers go into special attack to allow Salamence to hit as hard as possible.

Moves: Draco meteor is great STAB, with its base 140 power. Draco meteor is awesome for the fact that all of the opponents pokemon that could absorb it would have already been killed, from countering Latias. Earthquake and Fire Blast are coverage moves, and great ones at that. They both hit steels super effectively, and steels are the only pokemon that can absorb Salamence's dual dragon STAB moves.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 Spe
Jolly nature (+Spe, -SpAtk)
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Intro: Gliscor is the glue for the team, setting up stealth rock, countering sweepers, and absorbing status like thunderwave, which is a huge hinderence for the rest of my team.

EVs: 216 speed allows Gliscor to outspeed all base 90s, even those with a boosting nature. This also allows gliscor to outspeed neutral natured base 100s. 252 hp is a given, and the leftovers are put into HP to add to Gliscor's natural bulkiness. 4 evs have moved from defense to speed, to outrun other gliscors.

Moves: Earthquake is basic STAB, and OHKO's Lucario, who is the main pokemon that Gliscor counters. U-turn has great synergy with Scizor, and helps the team scout. Stealth rock is needed somewhere on the team, and is easily set up when Gliscor switches in on its plenthora of resistances. Taunt over roost is because I have wish on Jirachi, and taunt counters those sweepers, like Gyarados, who feel that Gliscor is nothing but set up bait.

What I might replace: I might replace dragon pulse on Latias for substitute or protect, for a MysticGar or a sub+3 attack espeon like feel. I might change my lead and gliscor completely. I might decide to change Salamence's set to a standard DD mence. I might switch machamp to a Bullet Punch/Dynamic Punch/Stone Edge/Payback Moveset.

credit to pokestadium for the sprites, and august for the RMT format.

Threat List- Stolen from August

Blissey - Machamp is a great counter, and can switch into literally anything Blissey can throw at it. Scizor can switch in and force it out, and Salamence and Gliscor can do some serious damage to it,

Bronzong - Salamence is great, OHKOing with fire blast. Latias hurts it with hp fire, and Gliscor can set up on it. Can't really hurt anyone on my team.

Celebi - Scizor and Gliscor can U-Turn and heavily damage it. Salamence can OHKO, and Latias can do a lot with hp fire.

Cresselia - Scizor can U-turn it, so can Gliscor. It will go something like this: Cress switches in on Latias, and T-wave. I switch to Gliscor, then U-turn it. Scizor comes in on the Ice Beam, and can either pursuit it or use U-turn

Donphan - Latias sends it packing with Grass Knot. Salamence is not ideal, but can take it out with Draco Meteor. Scizor can U-turn, but it won't do anything life threatening unless Donphan is weakened.

Dusknoir - Every team member can cripple it in some way, and it won't do any damage to anyone.

Forretress - Latias can hp fire for the OHKO, Salamence can fire blast, and Jirachi can set up. Gliscor can taunt.

Gliscor - I can switch in Latias or Salamence on the EQ, and do heavy amounts of damage with Draco Meteor. Gliscor can disable it with taunt.

Gyarados - Generally I'll switch to Salamence for the intimidate, then go to Jirachi for the stone edge. Even a +1 LO earthquake fails to ko Jirachi.

Hippowdon - Gliscor shuts it down with taunt, Latias and Salamence heavily damage it, and Jirachi can do a number with psychic, although takes a ton from EQ.

Jirachi - Salamence can OHKO, Latias can HP fire, Jirachi sets up, Gliscor can do a ton with EQ.
Rotom-A - Most team members can do a ton of damage, and Gliscor can taunt, then switch to Jirachi for the setup.
Skarmory - Jirachi, Latias and Salamence all have super effective moves, Gliscor can taunt then set up, Jirachi sets up once its taunted.

Snorlax - Jirachi can set up on most varients, and Gliscor can taunt, then U-turn. Scizor takes non fire punch varients. Thankfully uncommon.

Suicune - Jirachi can CM up next to it, and hope for a crit, Salamence and Latias can heavily damage it, and Gliscor can come and taunt when it calm minds, which lets it not do any damage to the rest of my team.

Swampert - Machamp owns the lead version, Latias OHKOs, Salamence heavily damages it.

Tentacruel - Everything except for Latias heavily damage it, or can set up. Only my lead is affected by toxic spikes. Least threatining pokemon to my team.

Tyranitar - Every single thing on my team can handle this, offensive and defensive.

Vaporeon - Latias can do a lot with draco meteor, my physical threats can do a ton to it, and Jirachi just ends up setting up on it.

Zapdos - My dragons can do a lot to it, and Gliscor isn't affected by anything that it throws at me.

Offensive Threats:

Azelf - Lead varients are actually beaten by Machamp, Jirachi can set up, Scizor beats every varient easily.

Breloom - Latias and Salamence can do a ton, Gliscor dosen't get hurt by anything it has, Scizor beats it as well.

Dragonite - Latias and Salamence both outspeed and OHKO, Gliscor can set up on it, Scizor can do a lot of damage with bullet punch.

Dugtrio - Scizor, and it can't really OHKO anything. Gliscor can do a ton, and not take anything also.

Electivire - Most anything can OHKO, and also they outspeed unless it gets a boost, but the only thing that has an electric move is Jirachi, which is virtually unexpected. No one uses this anyways.

Gallade - Scizor can do a lot with bullet punch, Salamence and Latias outspeed and can do a lot of damage.

Gengar - Scizor and Jirachi can handle it, but it can sweep the rest of my team if they are gone. Medium level threat.

Gyarados - Latias isn't OHKO'd by anything, and can do a lot, Jirachi can even take a +1 LO Earthquake with health to spare and hurt it with thunderbolt.

Heatran - Scarf varients are easily played around, and non scarf are outsped and OHKOd by most of my team.

Heracross - Salamence is a great counter, can take all its attacks except for stone edge, outspeed and OHKO. Scizor does a lot, and the rest of my team outspeeds also. Gliscor is the #1 counter.
Infernape - Latias is a great counter, and Scizor can revenge weakened versions. Biggest threat to my team

Jolteon - Gliscor counters non HP ice versions, and Jirachi counters any version. Scizor can pick off weak ones.

Latias - Scizor counters every single set.

Kingdra -Never seen, but if it shows up, could cause some trouble. Jirachi can take a hit and stall with wish, or paralize.

Lucario - Gliscor is the best Lucario counter, with Jirachi, Salamence and Jirachi also do an okay job at countering it. Scizor can do a little with bullet punch

Machamp - My Dragons can do a ton and switch into dynamicpunches, Jirachi and Scizor can revenge kill. It will get 1 kill at most.

Magnezone - Scizor actually beats Magnezone if it's not locked into bulley punch or pursuit. The rest of my team does a great job at countering it. Might kill Scizor, but nothing else.

Mamoswine - Scizor is great to countering this. It can OHKO everything else except for Machamp, so a pretty big threat.

Metagross - Machamp beats leads, Salamence can OHKO, Latias can do decent damage, Gliscor can outspeed, OHKO, and take any attacks it can throw at it.

Porygon-Z - Scizor can do a ton with its bullet punch, Jirachi takes almost every attack. Most pokes outspeed, and can OHKO.

Salamence - Its checked by Scizor, Gliscor can switch in and force it out. Pretty dangerous, but its the best poke in OU, right?

Scizor - Gliscor, and my Scizor do great. Salamence does great also. Jirachi can set up on it. Overall not a problem.

Starmie - Jirachi isn't OHKOd by anything, and Latias is a pretty solid counter. My specially defensive Scizor is a great counter, also.

Togekiss - Jirachi can set up on it, and most of my team can outspeed and do heavy damage to it.

Tyranitar - Scizor can do a lot, most pokes outspeed and OHKO, so it will never get a DD in. If it does, Gliscor can switch in and do a lot with EQ.

Weavile - Scizor. Machamp also does well if its still alive. So does Jirachi.

Yanmega - Scizor can do a ton with bullet punch, and most of my team isn't OHKOd, and can do heavy damage back. Jirachi can set up.

Zapdos - Latias can do great against it, and almost everything if it lacks hidden power ice.​

Ok so i noticed a few things, first switch the moves on your machamp to Payback/Dynamic Punch/Stone Edge/Substitute this set allows you to 2HKO most leads. Second thing i noticed is infernape is definately not much of a threat to your team becaue latias resists all of its STAB and is faster plus it can OKHO nape with surf, so i reccomend that you use a choice scarf on your latias and change mence to suicune to take fire attacks
aimed at scizor and jirachi, i would reccommend this if you dont want to change latias:

EV's: 252Hp 252Def 4Spe
Nature: Bold
Item: Leftovers
Moves:

Calm Mind
Toxic
Ice Beam
Surf

This set allows you to hit flygon hard after a CM and allows you to take some attacks aimed at your main pokes. Toxic forces switches and allows your other pokes to have a much easier time sweeping. Surf is STAB and to ward of heatran and other fire types. CM is to boost your spD and spA

Good Luck!

Did you even look at the whole team?
I already have a calm mind sweeper on my team, and latias dosen't even run surf.

I already have Latias and Salamence to take fire attacks, and they do a fine job.

Sorry to come across as mean, but please read the whole RMT before posting about it.

Id recommend a change to swampert instead of gliscor. The reason is that you don't really have that many reliable checks to a jirachi and salamence combo. With swampert you get good resistances and a good mamoswine check that would other wise be a pain to take down if Scizor dies. Even though swampert is taking 70% or so from Draco meteor thats a lot better than being dead, and having the option to ice beam is always nice too. Watch out for stall too. Give latias surf or recover in place of dragon pulse or draco meteor. Two dragon moves are not really cool with a set like this. Now you can hit infernape harder after you lose -2. Id even recommend t-wave over dragon pulse if you want to go really a few levels higher.

Yeah, swampert sounds like a good idea. I'm not really that set on Latias last moveslot, so I will try something else. I don't really need surf, as grass knot covers everything except for heatran. Why thunderwave? I might try recover.

EDIT: Are the sprites okay for everyone else?

this team is standard, but the ev spreads make it unique, solid team you got there.

did you ever had to fight against SD scizor? ironic how he can setup on jirachi, at +2 he can ko jirachi with bug bite and bullet punch, then follow up to ko your entire team with bullet punch spam, your best chance being gliscor who fail short of not being ko by bullet punch with SR in field.

you got latias for draco meteor spamming, so why not try the fatmence set instead? i know its weird to use such a pokemon in a offensive team, but fatmence can still work on your team, +1 scizor bullet punch wont ohko, even with SR in field. (Fact:he can also setup on YOUR scizor locked into pursuit or bullet punch).

i would suggest you try swampert over gliscor, fatmence give you a counter to lucario and scizor, and swampert seems to fit your team a little more, it still give you a eletric immunity, add a fire resist and is not weak to ice and water moves(taking neutral from both), he is also very reliable in putting SR in field.

sorry i cant help a lot, i dont rate in a while so i am kind rusty, good luck with that team, i really liked him because of the somewhat different ev spreads. i might use your scizor evs instead of the standard on mine, survive hp fire is going to be very useful. also sprites are OK.

I would like to try swampert over gliscor, but I am not really a big fan of the fatmence set. It seems like double wish, with recovery isn't very effective. Maybe some sort of bulky gyarados with swampert?

If I ran into a SD scizor, I would switch to salamence for the intimidate, then maybe scizor or jirachi for the BP. I would just switch around.

I will for sure try a swampert over gliscor.

bulky gyara can also work fine, bulky DD gyara can setup on lucario and scizor and its reliable overall, i said for you to try fatmence because i dont want to change your team around a lot, but if you dont mind changing mence then you can test bulky gyara(dont forget taunt, taunt is very important for buky gyara), you can try a non-DD version too, but i sugest the bulky DD set.

btw, switch around is not a great way to stop SD scizor has far i know, not only you add up SR damage, has they can even have roost and abuse a switch to recover hp.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi Gary,

This is a great team, standard but with some creative sets, which I like. You also have a bunch of offensive threats covered nicely without needing to resort to revenge-killers, which is impressive as well. Although it looks like you could have trouble with a Dragon Dance Gyarados + Dragon Dance Salamence heavy offense combination, most teams do struggle with that anyway, and so I don't think that it is a big concern. Lucario will be an issue if Gliscor goes down, but as long as you play conservatively with Gliscor, you should be fine against Luke. Since this team's backbone is already quite solidly set, I'm mostly going to suggest minor changes.

I would change up Machamp's set a bit. While what you're using is good, you aren't really taking full advantage of Machamp's ability to immediately anti-lead successfully. I think that in place of Encore you should use Ice Punch; in place of Substitute, try Bullet Punch. With a set of DynamicPunch | Stone Edge | Ice Punch | Bullet Punch, you can hit a higher number of leads harder, notably Gliscor leads. Bullet Punch is helpful in picking off Focus Sashers who were already hit by another move, like Azelf and Aerodactyl.

I would definitely test Recover in place of Draco Meteor on Latias. The whole point of that set is to lure in common counters like Scizor and Tyranitar (though it will be tricky with all the ScarfTar running around), and so by running Draco Meteor, you are creating situations in which you can easily be exploited by those Pokemon coming in to sponge your moves. At -2 Special Attack, Latias cannot do much. Recover actually allows her to heal health, while Dragon Pulse will be able to do almost as much as Draco Meteor does, without the crippling Special Attack drop.

Anyway I see raters suggesting Swampert over Gliscor, but I would say no on this change. While it would help you deal with the aforementioned DDMence + DDGyara weak, it also slows you down significantly in terms of offensive momentum. Secondly, Gliscor is one of the few things stopping you from being hurt badly by Swords Dance Lucario. Thirdly, Gliscor's U-turn is invaluable on your team so that you can scout for any potential counters for your Pokemon, especially seeing as you have Latias, who is easily trapped by Pursuiters (though less so with the set you're using). So yeah, I would stick with Gliscor.

Great team, nice presentation, and good luck! ;)

Just a nitpick. If you go with the Machamp moveset suggested by Snorlaxe, I suggest a little EV spread change. 240 HP, 248 Atk, 4 Spe, 16 SDef will give it enough defense so it can survive a Psychic from lead Azelf and also gives you enough offensive power to KO bulkier leads.

According to Smogon's damage calculator, Scizor will never survive LO HP Fire from Latias unless Stealth Rock is off the field (it does 94% minimum to 252 HP/252 SpD Scizor). Thus, I would use 160 HP / 176 Atk / 172 SpD EV spread on Scizor. This gives it extra special bulk to live comfortably against most special attackers while only losing 10% power in comparison to using max Atk.

I would like to second the Bulky Gyarados > MixMence suggestion. This will give you an extra check for Lucario and also covers SD Scizor. Plus, LO Heatran looks like it could seriously damage your team. Latias can't do anything to it and Salamence loses a chunk of its health switching into Fire Blast (LO Fire Blast does 51% min to your MixMence).

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 128 Atk / 224 Spe
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
---
Bulky Gyarados has several viable EV spreads but the one I suggested is my favorite. 224 Speed and Jolly lets you outrun Jolteon and Choice Scarf Heatran after Dragon Dance. The HP EVs let Gyarados take two consecutive LO Heatran Fire Blasts and survive after Stealth Rock (factoring in Leftovers). The remaining are dumped into Atk.

Lastly, you should take Snorlaxe's Machamp suggestion. That is the curent version of the Anti-lead Machamp that everyone hates. Here it is:

Machamp @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 240 Atk / 12 Spe / 16 SpD
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- DynamicPunch
- Payback
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch / Stone Edge
---
240 HP/16 SpD EVs let you always survive Naive Azelf's Psychic and OHKO it with Payback and Bullet Punch. Ice Punch lets you deal with Gliscor leads, who otherwise can handle Machamp quite well. Stone Edge can be used if you fear Gyarados though. Normally this set runs 4 speed EVs but I bumped it up to 12 so that you can beat those that use 4 or 8 speed.

Great team overall, good luck!

Snorlaxe:
With a set of DynamicPunch | Stone Edge | Ice Punch | Bullet Punch, you can hit a higher number of leads harder, notably Gliscor leads.
You need to put ice punch in order to beat both Gliscor + Roserade. Bullet punch finishes off other notable leads like Aerodactyl and Azelf so that they don't scratch you.The point of an anti-lead is to counter nearly-everything it can, so just consider that when you're making teams in the future. Putting Encore + Substitute only helps vs certain pokemon.

Latias needs max speed. If need be, do 80hp/176Spatk/252Speed, although I'm not quite sure why you don't want to do 252/252. For DragonPulse/Draco Meteor, consider replacing it with Recover (like Snorlaxe mentioned) or Protect. (like you mentioned) Protect will allow you to anti-metagame those ScarfTtars and Recover will allow you to beat pokemon that would otherwise attempt to wear you down without doing any real damage.

I like the bulky banded Scizor, but consider a spread of 248Hp/188SpDef/72Attack. This will allow you to tank those SpDef attacks while still taking hits from the physical side.

Gliscor is fine, although you should consider 252/252speed Jolly to atleast speed tie with other gliscors and taunt them before you get toxic'd.

Ev wise, Mence/Champ/Jirachi are all set :D nice team

Snorlaxe- Thanks for the rate :) I'll try out that gyarados for sure (and machamp). Thanks for the compliments, also :)

Delko- thanks, I'll try that spread, but with a slight twist.

Bribery- The maximum damage is 99% for my calculations. I also do 100% minimum to latias with pursuit, which is also important. I'll for sure try a gyarados, but I am going to use a different ev spread. I'll use that machamp, but with different evs. Thanks for the rate!

Cooltrainer- I'll use that machamp set that many people have suggested. Latias can't tie base 110's because of hp fire. There is nothing important to outrun there, except for the tie with hp fire gengar and hp fire latias, but those aren't important. I would rather have the extra special bulk. I'm going with recover over draco meteor, like you and snorlaxe suggested. I rather like my scizor's ev spread, so thats basically the one thing in this thread that isn't going to change, no matter what. I am going to run four extra speed evs on gliscor, to taunt before the toxic. Thanks for the suggestions!

Just wanna note on how Machamp handles the top 5 leads, with Aero would it be better with Bullet Punch since it hits first and has MUCH more accuracy the Dynamic Punch, then you can throw in another to finish him off.

LO Latias does 59.24% - 69.79% to 0/0 Tyranitar with Grass Knot. Not a OHKO.

252/252 Scizor takes 94.19% - 111.63% from LO Latias HP Fire. You might as well just max HP and Attack since Starmie Hydro Pump also 2HKOs, you don't gain much from Special Defense.

Run 236 Speed on Latias. This will outrun max speed Infernape which you might as well do since Naive mixape takes 85.32% - 100.68% from a Life Orb Dragon Pulse. That will solve your Infernape problem.

Drop U-turn on Gliscor for Roost.. Otherwise things like Agility Metgaross, Swords Dance Lucario and enemy Machamp will wear you down.

Dude, it does 89.1% - 105% (grass knot).
I do notice that my calc was wrong for scizor, but I still really like my spread. It helps with switching in on random special dragon attacks.

180 speed already outspeeds infernape.

U-turn is critical for keeping momentum, and I have wish for healing anyways.

are you taking sandstorm into account gengar? i really think your calcs are wrong on grass knot VS t-tar.

edit:i also did the calc, 319 Atk vs 354 Def & 341 HP (120 Base Power): 202 - 238 (59.24% - 69.79%), its life orb boosted btw.

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
hey. cool team yet again from gary but i know a way to provide a pokemon to check every one but like one of all the problems on your threat list, while providing an amazing special attacker and clean upper. starmie basically provides a check to everything you have problems with. it could be used as an anti-lead over machamp, but blisssey would be a bitch. the best place is probably over latias since they both provide your answers to mixmence and nape and both are strong special attackers. thats all i really gotta say gl

Heatran is the threat this team definitely doesn't want to face. Choice Scarf Heatran out-speeds your whole team and disposes of 4/6 of your Pokemon with your only Fire resists being Latias and Salamence. Salamence is easily worn down because of Life Orb and Stealth Rock damage and risks the 2HKO after SR damage. Latias is usually a solid Heatran check but your set can only manage to hit Heatran for not very effective damage which means that you'll have a hard time taking Heatran down. I am questioning the effectiveness of your Latias set as it was only viable a while ago, long before all the rise of Scarf TTars since you must predict a Tyranitar switch-in in order to beat it. Anyway, with Machamp, Scizor and Gliscor, you have three of the most effective Tyranitar counters in the game which is why Grass Knot seems redundant on Latias. Similarly, HP Fire has limited use since Scizor is not a threat at all as it is covered by Gliscor and Jirachi can set-up on it. With that being said, I believe Surf and Thunderbolt instead of HP Fire and Grass Knot will be much more beneficial for your team. Surf will help you deal with the Heatran issue as well as Infernape, a threat that you highlighted in red on your threat list. Thunderbolt is also crucial as it grants you extra insurance against Gyarados, a rather troublesome threat to this team. Also, it is extremely important to max out Speed on Latias as it allows you to tie with opposing Latias and Gengar, so definitely use 4 HP | 252 SpAtk | 252 Spe since the Special Defence EVs don't allow you to survive anything significant.

That's all I have to say. Solid team.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I saw something of an argument regarding calcs earlier. I'm afraid to say that on shoddy this will not be the amount of damage that it does. Due to a quick fix after Grass Knot was glitched such that it killed (nearly) everything, Grass Knot will ignore LO boosts, leaving the damage at 45.6% - 53.8%, not necessarily even a 2HKO without SR. This means that it is outdamaged by Surf against Ttar, making it the better choice (Swampert can hardly touch you anyway.)

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)