Where are the tournaments lol

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by tayottt, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tayottt

tayottt

Well of course Im gonna be the one to point out the lack of tournies for us who desperately wanna win at something in life. Well I guess smogon can only really afford 1 tourney at a time. That fills up in TWO days. Well obviously if I left it at that someone would say "you host won!" (spelt wrong on purpose). Well since you said so bad speller I guess I will....... Well actually how could I really without knowing what it entails. So Ill ask a few questions. What goes into making a tourney, who can make a tourney? How many tourneys are succesful? and last but not least How many timezones are people on smogon in, if they wanted to battle someone and their not on due to their sleeping........If I have these questions answered, I may have the information needed for a OU tourney with a prize of (insert cool prize). Thanks for help smogon.
  2. Pidgeot500

Pidgeot500
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

3. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

theres actually like 4 going on :(
  4. Vineon

Vineon Fleurdelysé
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

really
    whats sort of prize
  5. cook

cook
    is a Past WCoP Winner

i bet his prize is the pride in working that hard to win or some bullshit like that
  6. tayottt

tayottt

gimme a day or two gonna absorb the guide and get a concept
  7. Articuno64

Articuno64 1 to 63 were taken
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

The only part of the guide you need to absorb is the part that says we don't want too many tournaments running at once. There are currently 5 in this forum and another major one from the archives still. It's already quite a lot.
  8. zfs

zfs Everything old is new again
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

Eh, IBT and World Cup are down to the grind, didn't Ubers just finish? Smogon is the big one and that's going way faster than I though it would. What else is there out there right now?
  9. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I was curious as to the status of the King of the Hill and Triforce tournaments. If someone could fill me in that would be great.

p.s. My triforce team dissolved, so if someone is looking for and RS'er, I'm free.
  10. zfs

zfs Everything old is new again
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

King of the Hill is kind of lol, but yeah I forgot Triforce tourney.
  11. a44

a44

lol King of The Hill
    Machamp vs Linoone
    Jynx vs Gengar
  12. Chronicles

Chronicles

why do you have to revive a 2 weeks old thread to post pointless shit
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)