1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Where to start? New Member

Discussion in 'VGC' started by AllDayKK, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllDayKK

AllDayKK

Hey everyone, I found smogon not too long ago and ever since I have been hooked! I have been lurking every day for hours at a time, trying to get more information on VGC.

Im a noob, Ill admit it. Sure, I have beat tons of pokemon games, trained pokemon of all types and levels, and even battled other trainers.

However, as all of you certainly know, when it comes to competitive battling, all of that means absolutely nothing.

Ive read a lot of the information thats available here at Smogon and have already learned a bunch. Especially in IV's and EV's and such, which I had no prior knowledge of, plus just tons of combinations and moves that previously I had no idea were so useful.

Anyway, the issue im looking at now is not knowing where to jump in or how exactly to fit in the community.

I saw battling 101 but the sign up appears to be closed, and in the meantime it seems as if Im not even on the same level of understanding as most others here.

Im wondering what I should do or where I should go next to get some training and to actually start practicing and battling. Let me know, looking forward joining with the community!
  2. Solace

Solace darling i'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Battling 101 sign-ups will be starting this Friday, so you've actually come at just around the perfect time! If you want to just observe a little bit before hand, you can download Pokemon Online (it's totally safe, don't worry!) and watch some people play on the Skarmbliss VGC server. Pokemon Online will also be where you'll be learning most of your battling since it's a great place to test new teams and ideas. Then once Friday comes around, make sure you're looking at Battling 101 so you can be one of the first to sign up.

Good luck and welcome to Smogon! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)