Where's your Moxie? (Based around 2 sweepers)

Where's your Moxie?

Hey! victinivcreate1 back with his newest RMT!

So this is a team that I have been working with for a month.

I must say, when I saw False Sense's Dark Miracle, I was in awe with two particular pokemon that were on the team. Lucario and Salamence.

This team is based off his team and some of my ideas for more ease with sweeping.

You could say, this is a much more offensive variant of his team.

Anyway here is the team

Keldeo-Salamence-Lucario-Celebi-Heatran-Rotom-W

HTML:
TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

Built around 2 sweepers, not just one.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Justified
Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Swords Dance
-Crunch
-Close Combat
-Extremespeed

Salamence @ Life Orb
Moxie
Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpA/252 Spd
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Blast
-Outrage
-Earthquake

The pair have great synergy together, but I felt I was Keldeo weak. With the prevalence of rain weather, I went for Offensive Celebi, who can take out Keldeo. 

Celebi @ Expert Belt
Natural Cure
Mild
EVS: 56 HP/252 SpA/200 Spd
-Leaf Storm
-Earth Power
-U-Turn
-Hidden Power Fire

Then I need a pokemon that resisted Ice and Fire and learned Volt Switch
I knew a Rotom Forme would be my answer. Rotom Wash was placed on the team. 

Rotom-W@ Leftovers
Levitate
Modest
EVs: 232 HP/56 Spa/220 Spd
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Will-O-Wisp
-Thunder Wave

But because my team had no solid "wall" I knew I was going to need a defensive mon with Will-O-Wisp. Heatran was the way to go, and forms a god awesome core with Celebi. The set i'm running capitalizes on special bulk, but can still hit hard off 355 Special Attack. Burns are for crippling physical sweepers. Heatran also gives me hazards. 

Heatran @ Leftovers
Flash Fire
Modest
EVs: 200 HP/110 SpA /200 SpD
-Fire Blast
-Stealth Rock
-Earth Power
-Will-O-Wisp

Now I need a Scarfer, and a powerful one at that. SO HERE COMES THE CUTEST PONY IN OU! Scarf Keldeo! Due to my experience with Slowking walling sets with Surf, Hidden Power Dark was put in place of Surf.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Justified
Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spd
-Hydro Pump
-Sacred Sword
-Icy Wind
-Hidden Power Dark

In Depth

Lucario @ Life Orb
Justified
Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Swords Dance
-Crunch
-Close Combat
-Extremespeed
Here is star number 1. Lucario is a powerful sweeper who doesn't get much use. For starters, access to Extremespeed is why I chose him over other fighting sweepers.
Because he is uncommon, he can be hard to deal with once he reaches +2. And lastly, his typing, I can come in on burned physical sweepers and set up.
Lucario appreciates this team, because paralysis allows him to come on sweepers typically faster than him, and burn allows him to come on Choice Band sweepers (Terrakion locked into Stone Edge or T-tar locked into Pursuit)

Celebi @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
Modest
EVS: 56 HP/252 SpA/200 Spd
-Leaf Storm
-Earth Power
-Recover
-Heal Bell

The fairy of the forest was an extremely welcome addition to the team. Celebi is an extremely powerful member. Leaf Storm OHKOs standard Poitoed (which is SpecsToad). Earth Power has good coverage with Leaf Storm, hitting Heatran (lacking Air Balloon), and smashing Lucario. Heal Bell is for curing status on my team, as Celebi can't absorb every status (Spore Users).

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Levitate
Modest
EVs: 232 HP/56 SpA/220 Spd
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Will-O-Wisp
-Thunder Wave
Rotom Wash is amazing. Just with its typing, I can check a multitude of threats (like Mamoswine and Landorus-T). Hydro Pump has massive power, even without rain. Volt Switch allows me to have a functional Volt-Turn core with Celebi. Thunder Wave is for hitting fast sweepers (and scarfers) while Will-O-Wisp cripples physical sweepers, allowing more switch ins for my own sweepers.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Moxie
Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpA/252 Spd
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Blast
-Outrage
-Earthquake

Say hello to the best offensive pokemon in OU (if I say so myself). Dragon Dance, Moxie and Outrage are now legal together, and now it is basically impossible to wall Salamence. After one boost of Dragon Dance, Outrage will have 1.8 times the power (factoring in Life Orb) and will rampage through through teams. Nothing can wall it if rocks are up, as Rocks break Sturdy and Focus Sashes. Ferrothorn? Scorched with Fire Blast. Offensive Heatran? 2HKOed by +1 Outrage after Rocks. Salamence synergizes with Lucario very well. Rotom-Wash also helps Mence (burns enemy sweepers or paralyzes them, then Volt Switches out), so Salamence can switch into most physical sweepers and set up. Salamence checks most Volcarona unboosted, and can set up, or attempt to OHKO with his Outrage.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Flash Fire
Modest
EVs: 200 HP/110 SpA /200 SpD
-Fire Blast
-Stealth Rock
-Earth Power
-Will-O-Wisp
Heatran is cool. He was the top threat (usage statistic wise) in DPP for a reason. And still continues to thrive in a metagame dominated by rain. My EV spread is so that I have great SpDefense but can still hit off 355 Special Attack. Will-O-Wisp capitalizes on special bulk, crippling Terrakion switch ins. Earth Power allows me to cripple those that resist fire, ike

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Justified
Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spd
-Hydro Pump
-Sacred Sword
-Icy Wind
-Hidden Power Dark

In my opinion, Keldeo is the most amazing Scarfer since Scarf Landorus. Even without any boosts, the sheer force (see what I did there) of Hydro Pump and the amazing wall breaking abilities of Secret Sword are too good to pass up. Whats more so, I have everything Keldeo needs to clean. Hazards, status, and sweepers. Hidden Power Dark is for nuking Slowking, who had walled me to no end when I had Surf for a reliable STAB move. But why Dark? Because Dark+Fighting. Near unresisted coverage (as far as i know, only the bug/flying resist the combo, and they are nuked with Icy Wind or Hydro Pump.​

My problems

I feel my team is slow (Starmie, I want to save my Keldeo for late game cleaning), but I can't really replace anything because

Lucario/Salamence=Stars and sweepers
Cele/Tran-the defensive core/status curer/hazard setters
Rotom-tank/support
Keldeo-Scarfer

Oh yeah don't forget to Luvdisc!

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
Hey victinivcreate, nice team you have here. You do have some weaknesses however, so hopefully my rate will help you patch those up.

Weaknesses
  • Hazards - Your team lacks a rapid spinner which could really hurt the longevity of your Lucario and Salamence as they already have to deal with Life Orb recoil and Mence is taking 25% when switching in to SR. Plus your bulkier pokes have more offensive spreads so they will be ohko'd and 2hko'd much more easily by opposing sweepers.
  • Sub-salac Terrakion (set up sweepers) - Set up sweepers, especially sub-salac Terrakion are going to be able to put major dents in your team, or just outright sweep you when your team is weakened. For example, Terrakion can set up a sub after your keldeo lands a ko with hp ice or when you switch out your Salamence, predicting that the Terrakion is scarfed. Then, once at +1 speed and +2 attack Terrakion outspeeds everything but Keldeo (which is a speed tie) and everything is ohko'd by either close combat or stone edge. Things like DD Dragonite, DD Mence and sub SD Toxicroak can pose as similar threats to your team.

Solutions

For your hazard weakness you are obviously going to need a spinner. I would recommend a bulky Starmie and replace it with your Rotom-W. Starmie fits in well at this spot since he still has high special attack and water/ electric coverage offensively. And defensively he has decent bulk plus instant recovery in the form of recover.

For your weakness to set up sweepers, especially sub-salac Terrakion, I have a few suggestions that may help. These all involve changing up some of your sets. I'll start with Heatran and Celebi. Since you already have huge offensive fire power in the form of Keldeo, Mence and Lucario, I would suggest you make your sets for Celebi and Heatran more defensive. Specifically, I would change them to the standard specially defensive sets for each. This will provide them with tons of extra bulk plus it will give each of them moves to help stop opposing sweepers in their tracks, with thunder wave or perish song from Celebi and Roar from Heatran. My last suggestion is quite simple and that is to switch Crunch to Bullet punch on Lucario. This will give you super effective priority on Terrakion which will help a lot.

That's it, I hope my suggestions help and good luck with the team! Here are the sets:
Starmie @ leftovers
Timid nature
252 hp/ 4 sp att/ 252 speed
Recover
Rapid spin
Hydro pump/ surf/ scald
Thunderbolt/ psyshock/ ice beam

Celebi @ leftovers
Calm nature
252 hp/ 236 sp def/ 20 speed
Giga drain/ psychic
Recover
Baton pass
Thunder wave/ perish song

Heatran @ leftovers / air balloon
Calm nature
248 hp/ 252 sp def/ 8 speed
Lava plume
Stealth rock
Roar
Toxic/ protect

Had a quick look through your sets and wondered have you considered using D-claw over outrage on mance?
Something like a CB Moxie-Mance is genrally used to weaken walls and do some damage before fainting, but a DD-Moxie-Mance probberbally wont wont to risk the confusion if your going with a clean sweep, as if you hit yourself after a boost or two your doing over 40% of your health to your self, leving you open to lots of OHKOs.
But then if you really like being able to 2HKO offensive ballon heatran I'd look into aqua tail, but you will have to sacriface something crucial to run it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)