1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Whimsicott/Mienshao leads

Discussion in 'VGC' started by digitallove, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digitallove

digitallove

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this question. Anyways, I'm expecting a lot of whimsicott and mienshao leads with fake out and tailwind in this upcoming VGC in Madison. I was wondering if anyone has any good solid counter-leads to this formidable duo, besides bringing a whimsicott and mienshao myself. thanks!
  2. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer, for future reference.

I actually haven't seen much Whimsicott, personally. If you're really worried about it, a couple of options would be a faster Fake Outer of your own (like Infernape), a Tailwind user of your own, or a Trick Room user.

Regardless, your team should be built to be able to handle a few turns of Tailwind. If you're only effective when things are going in your favor, then it'll start to fall apart whenever your opponent gets any momentum, which I guarantee will happen eventually.
  3. Broken Lizard

Broken Lizard

Something like a Chandelure lead could work well. Immunity to Fake out is always a plus, and Whimsicott is an easy OHKO. Of course a Politoed lead on the opposing team is just as likely to be common, if not moreso, and that's a Chandelure's worst nighmare.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)