Whimsicott/Mienshao leads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is the correct place to post this question. Anyways, I'm expecting a lot of whimsicott and mienshao leads with fake out and tailwind in this upcoming VGC in Madison. I was wondering if anyone has any good solid counter-leads to this formidable duo, besides bringing a whimsicott and mienshao myself. thanks!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ask a simple question, get a simple answer, for future reference.

I actually haven't seen much Whimsicott, personally. If you're really worried about it, a couple of options would be a faster Fake Outer of your own (like Infernape), a Tailwind user of your own, or a Trick Room user.

Regardless, your team should be built to be able to handle a few turns of Tailwind. If you're only effective when things are going in your favor, then it'll start to fall apart whenever your opponent gets any momentum, which I guarantee will happen eventually.

Something like a Chandelure lead could work well. Immunity to Fake out is always a plus, and Whimsicott is an easy OHKO. Of course a Politoed lead on the opposing team is just as likely to be common, if not moreso, and that's a Chandelure's worst nighmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)