Whimsicott [QC 0/3] [GP 0/2]

Avow

Banned deucer.

Overview
########

(just gonna do this in pros and cons bullet points format but will make it more substantial later)

• Prankster allows it to set up light screen/cotton guard and become a stall threat
  • Has leech seed recovery/substitute which contributes to stally annoying nature
  • Learns annoying moves like encore/taunt/stun spore/memento that can be used on a support set

SET NAME [TAG RU]
########
name: Prankster
move 1: Moonblast
move 2: Giga Drain
move 3: Hidden Power Fire
move 4: Encore/Tailwind
ability: Prankster
item: Life Orb
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========

Moonblast is Whimsicott's main damaging move, it's meagre 77 Special Attack stat warrants the use of a life orb to bolster the damage output. Giga Drain provides some, albeit minimal health recovery and allows it to recover against and go toe to toe with huge threats in the RU tier like Feraligatr, Alomomola, Tyrantrum and Rhyperior. Hidden Power Fire is a must have that provides some much needed coverage against the glaring weakness to Steel types. It also helps against one of the most common threats in RU, Mega Abomasnow and Durant. Encore punishes opponents for thinking they can set up on Whimsicott, possibly providing a switch in for a frailer Pokemon to come in, Tailwind also helps as it can be used with priority, thanks to Prankster, on a turn you realise your Whimsicott is going to faint. Giving a possibly much needed speed boost to the forthcoming pokemon. Tailwind is especially useful if you're running a slow team.

Set Details
========

This set, utilizing the Life Orb allows Whimsicott to maximize its offensive presence while sacrificing little of its support-like qualities. Pokemon such as Alomomola, Druddigon, Sharpedo, Spiritomb and Tyrantrum have a hard time switching in on Whimsicott and it can give as good as it gets. The EV spread focuses on Special Attack and Speed, the two most important stats on this set. The Timid nature adds to Whimsicott's amazing Speed Stat and Prankster is helpful to use Encore/Tailwind effectively.

Usage Tips
========

Whimsicott should be played as an offensive pokemon utilizing it's advantageous ability to corner its foes and use hard-hitting type effective moves to secure the KO. The EV spread, although maximizing attack and speed is prone to getting OHKO'd by super effective moves, Whimsicott is not the most durable Pokemon with this set so you should pick your battles carefully. If there is any discrepancy whether or not the opposing Pokemon will be knocked out you should carefully weigh up the pros and cons of that engagement, it could very well end up costing you your Whimsicott. Although losing Whimsicott is not always a bad thing, if predicted well you may be able to get off a Tailwind as you faint, providing your next pokemon with a much appreciated speed boost when you switch in.

Team Options
========

Hazards are a great partner for Whimsicott, the more the merrier! That being said good hazard setters that are also good partners for Whimsicott include Pokemon like Cobalion and Rhyperior that deal with Pokemon like Drapion and Golbat who would otherwise cause Whimsicott a lot of trouble. Slowking, holding an assault vest can also lend a hand by being a huge shutdown to the fire types that threaten Whimsicott from sweeping. Qwilphish, if it works with your team, can also be a great asset, having access to Spikes and Toxic Spikes is almost invaluable. Whimsicott also has a ton of effective clean up potential after wallbreakers such as Exploud or Clawitzer weaken your opponent's team.

SET NAME
########
name: SET NAME
move 1:
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
ability:
item:
evs:
nature:

Moves
========

INFO ABOUT MOVES GOES HERE

Set Details
========

EVS / ITEM / NATURE INFORMATION GOES HERE

Usage Tips
========

USAGE TIPS GO HERE

Team Options
========

TEAM OPTIONS GO HERE

Other Options
########

OTHER OPTIONS GOES HERE. STUFF LIKE ALTERNATE MOVES, ALTERNATE SETS, NICHE STUFF THAT DOESN'T GET A MAIN SET MENTION

Checks & Counters
########

CHECKS & COUNTERS GO HERE
NOTE THAT THIS WILL BE MORE THREATLISTY SO MENTION POKEMON / OTHER EFFECTS ONE AT A TIME

Notes:

• There was no place to write the tier tags so I just put them above the set next to its name, please let me know if I'm doing something wrong here
  • Not sure if 'wallbreaker' is one word or two, according to GP
  • Personally I do not feel Whimsicott needs an Ubers set since it only sees 0.73621% usage in Ubers, but you guys know best so let me know
  • Will finish the rest of the analysis within 1-2 days

Last edited:

Avow

Banned deucer.
oh crap, right, I'm an idiot I somehow got it into my mind that I was writing a full analysis for Whimsicott. Sorry its my first time writing one so I was a bit nervous. I'll fix it for OU right now. I apologise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)