1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

White Kyurem & Black Kyurem

Discussion in 'BW OU' started by Death Phenomeno, Jun 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OmegaForte

OmegaForte

Damn... they both look uber material. Even Scizor will have trouble with this. I guess in a couple of weeks it will be kicked to ubers?
  2. UltiMario

UltiMario

Silly Forte that's not how you spell days.
  3. alexwolf

alexwolf King of Conquerors
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Black Kyurem will most likely get Ice Punch from the move tutors. So a CB set with Outrage / Ice Punch / Fusion Bolt and Dragon Claw is legit and probably broken in OU...
  4. Lupin.D

Lupin.D

Dear lord, what have they brought upon us...

However, i haven't seen the evidence that shows that black kyurem will be getting any physical ice move more powerful than ice punch, which is still kind of decent. I guess we can just wait for those who have received bw2 early to see what move tutor moves they get. I would've suggested glaciate earlier(lol) but seeing that a lot of things get too much damage from that terrifying attack stat won,t make too much of a difference.

Though jolly black/white zekrom could probably use glaciate to slow down any base 90 or less speed scarfers wanting to come in on a resisted ice move...eh. But i guess it would allow racking up more hazard damage or beating kyogre coming in for black zekrom. Do they still get glaciate by the way? i probably shouldve asked that first.
  5. breh

breh
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

A "resisted Ice move" will do a shitton with 170 Attack. Let's hope for Icicle Crash; with it, it's just insta-ban.
  6. Saitsuofleaves

Saitsuofleaves

Damn, I forgot the Move Tutors ;_;
  7. shrang

shrang Reaction to Ubers ladder
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I doubt Black Kyurem would be fine in OU. Yeah, it might not get a good physical Ice STAB, but does it really need it? Don't forget it still has a base 170 Attack Outrage/Dragon Claw (and maybe Dual Chop, thanks to Move tutors) lurking around the place, along with Fusion Bolt to wreck Skarmory. If it really needs an Ice attack, it can just use Ice Beam, that's still strong enough off base 120 SpA, more than enough to take on physical walls that Outrage and Fusion Bolt doesn't completely trash already.
  8. alexwolf

alexwolf King of Conquerors
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Adamant Band Black Kyurem does 42.51 - 50.29% with Ice Punch to physically defensive Skarmory, which is an OHKO 43% of the time after SR!!! Holy shit....
  9. Iceydude168

Iceydude168

Base 170? What the fuck?
    White Kyurem is almost certainly Uber, and I can't think of a counter to Black Kyurem's band set. Though I don't have a damage calc at hand atm I'm fairly sure Ferrothorn loses? Especially if it gets Superpower with the new tutors. There's no point in going mixed since they both hit like fuckin TRAINS.
  10. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Lead

HOLY SHIT

Black / White Kyurem has base stats of 700; that is the second highest to Arceus.

auto-ban to Ubers... I mean why would we even consider letting them trample OU :(

Speaking of which, there should be a BW Kyurem thread in Ubers :o
  11. Ace Emerald

Ace Emerald Professional
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Visual Media Head

Outrage/Fusion Bolt/Ice Beam/HP Fire

Off of a CB with moderate sp atk investment, is there literally anything this can't OHKO? I know things don't always play out in the metagame as well as they do on paper, and I know this is a lot of hype, but I seriously cannot see this anywhere but banned.
  12. Doughboy

Doughboy house of champions
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

OH COME ON POCKET! Can't you let us have funsies for one day >(
  13. Advancer

Advancer

If these are the true base stat values, it would mean Black/White Kyurem has a base stat total of 700, making it the only Pokemon with this BST and the second highest BST overall.

Edit: Can't help being Ninja'd by Pocket ;)
  14. Cheapoman

Cheapoman

Ridiculous. Heck, their full movepools haven't even been revealed yet...
  15. FrostFire

FrostFire
    is a Tiering Contributor

Holy mother of god. Base 170 offensive stats? That's only 10 points less than Deoxys-Freaking-A, except without the, you know, non-existent defenses. I think that this pretty much ensures that these things won't be OU; 95 base speed and SR weakness is no problem for Rayquaza, and both black and white Kyurem hit way harder than Ray. I know that black Kyurem has a more limited movepool, but honestly - when you have base 170 Attack and STAB Outrage, does it even matter?

Wow. Just... Wow. This gives a whole new meaning to the phrase 'Power Creep'.
  16. lokt

lokt

Why is everyone so surprised? We already knew the attacking stats were at least 165 and the stat total would be around 700. We should have them in OU for a day or two just for fun.
  17. forestflamerunner

forestflamerunner Ain't no rest for the wicked
    is a Pre-Contributor

Sub 3 attack mixed sets on this would destroy in OU. Basically Makes it so that you dont need prediction to use these things. Just imagine substitute/outrage/gusion bolt/ice beam for black kyurem and substitute/dragon pulse/fusion flare/superpower(if it gets it) for white kyurem. Your guaranteed to lose one mon to each of them i'd wager.

On that note, i hope these things are allowed in OU just so i can watch stall vanish overnight
  18. deluge

deluge

We were laughing at the PR that Kyurem was "the most powerful of dragons" but Kyurem may have the last laugh. If the rumored stats are true the corresponding Kyurem outclasses Reshiram and Zekrom in every department being faster, stronger and more study when facing neutral attacks. But Reshiram and Zekrom will still have secondary typings that synergize better with Dragon offensively and defensively as well as superior signature moves in Bolt Strike and Blue Flare. But with Kyruem's stats you can be Rock/Steel and still be beastly lol.
  19. EonADS

EonADS

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with Ace Emerald's set and a Life Orb, doesn't Black Kyurem OHKO every Sturdy user in existence through Sturdy? Meaning that it OHKO's basically the entire OU metagame with the correct move? Ok, not quite; Eviolite Chansey and Deoxys-D both take 2HKOs from Outrage. But what are they going to do in return? Paralyze it? Heal Bell support please. Seismic Toss? Oh right, that's just over a quarter of its HP, won't stop it at all. Toxic? By the time that shit does enough damage to be considered worthwhile, you'll have lost at least half your team if not lost the match altogether. Counter? Might work, but if your opponent had a Poke on their team that could survive it, all you'd have to do is use smart prediction. Not to mention that neither one can actually switch into Black Kyurem and outspeed.

Having Black Kyurem in the OU metagame would totally overcentralize it; my vote would go towards an instant Uber rating. White Kyurem needs to be Uber regardless, base 170 SpA is just too fucking powerful for words.
  20. Katakiri

Katakiri Listen, Brendan...
    is a Pokemon Researcher

2 weeks until we finish gathering info on the game, another 2 weeks before PO updates, and probably a month after that.

We can't exactly play BW2 on PO right out of the gate.

Anyway I posted this in the BW2 thread already but:
    CB Black Kyurem next to Haxorus:

252 Atk Choice Band Kyurem Outrage vs 248 HP/0 Def Scizor: 57.43% - 67.64%
    252 Atk Choice Band Haxorus Outrage vs 248 HP/0 Def Scizor: 51.6% - 60.64%

252 Atk Choice Band Kyurem Outrage vs 252 HP/0 Def Tyranitar: 90.1% - 106.19% (37.5% chance to OHKO)
    252 Atk Choice Band Haxorus Outrage vs 252 HP/0 Def Tyranitar: 80.94% - 95.3%

252 Atk Choice Band Kyurem Outrage vs 252 HP/4 Def Ferrothorn: 44.32% - 51.99%
    252 Atk Choice Band Haxorus Outrage vs 252 HP/4 Def Ferrothorn: 39.77% - 46.88%

Just random calcs btw.

I'm not sure how Blackyurem will fare in OU. Surprisingly, 170 isn't a massive jump from what we're already dealing with. (Unless my damage calc's bugged, it's happened before) It's even slower than Haxorus, doesn't get any way of boosting it's Speed outside of Choice Scarf and from the sounds of things so far, Black Kyurem can't get Fusion Flare but don't quote me on that.

It doesn't have the boosting prowess of Rayquaza so I'm not sure if that Base 95 Speed & lack of priority will allow it to be Ubers material even if it can 2HKO most of the tier. And a non-STAB Fusion Bolt doesn't exactly do Blackyurem many favors either aside from doing about 70% to Skarmory at +1. Superpower would be very nice for Kyurem but if it doesn't get that, it'll probably be that Pokemon that-...well...a better Darmanitan that can't get a power-boost from Sun.
  21. UltiMario

UltiMario

IIRC it took less than a month for the whole update to Gen V to be effectively done. In the end, we're adding a few more forms and any extra move data. It won't take long.
  22. Rayquaza_

Rayquaza_

I wouldn't mind having them in OU for a while just to let Kyurem finally get its revenge. It's been the butt of every joke about ice types for almost two years, time to show that things have changed.
  23. VodK

VodK

I lol'd much more than i should have at this.
  24. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere Congregation of the Classiest
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

yeah, those base stats are fucked lol. 170 offensive stats is frightening
  25. pokemonwargeneral

pokemonwargeneral

I am glad Kyurem's forme's keep their decent 95 base (317 max Evd beneficial nature) speed; this makes him rival Rayquaza's speed in Ubers and naturaly out speed the famous 306 speed tier ubers such as Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Dialga, Giratina, Zekrom and Reshiram. Since he maintains his sturdy 454 hp. I'll go with a bold White Kyurem and Impish Black Kyurem, Choice scarf his neutral 226 speed (putting it at 339 or put 40 Evs in his speed to get 236= 354 to out run Lati's and Thundurus). That's how I run my Choice Scarf Garchomp that I use in tournaments (252evs hp, 252evs def- adament nature). So Bulky Scarf Black Kyurem will look a little something like this: 454 hp, 376 Attack, 328 Defense, 248 Special Attack, 216 Special Defense, 226 Speed. That automatically Ubers right there, out speed everything and any rival scarf won't be able to knock him down because of the defenses. Or go with the traditional 317 beneficial speed + Scarf with max neutral 439 attack (higher than max adament Raquaza LOL); either way you look at it, it puts Black/White Kyurem up there with Kyogre and Arceus Uber threat level.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)