Who I Am?

So a lot of people probably wonders who I am. After a great participation at the forums and not proving my knowledge regarding the VGC metagame (and Pokémon in general), it's natural that users doubt my advice and my opinion.

First of all, my name is Sebastián Lara. I'm currently 16 years old, and I like playing Pokémon, Smash Bros and Fire Emblem. I enjoy spending my afternoons after school playing tennis, writing in these forums, laddering on PS!, playing Smash Bros or playing LoL with my best friend.

As for my participation on the VGC scene, I've been watching and playing minor events (such as ICs) since VGC'13. The first event I went to was in January of 2015, where I made it to Top 8 and lost awfully to Omar Acuña, one of the most remarkable players in our country. However, the first official event I attended was in September of 2015, a premier challenge where I didn't even get top 32 (blame Heatran rain). After that, I made a popular team that got me consistent results in premier challenges, a top 4 at the first one, a top 8 at the second one (had to drop before game 3 though). In 2016, I attended the first regional where I got top 32, with big 6 as I wasn't comfortable with anything at that point. After that, due to personal issues, i took a long 4 month recess, and only at the MSS of April 30th people would know of me again. I received a warm "welcome back!" from the chilean community, and i gave them a surprising 2nd place, qualifying me for worlds. After that, I came to my most recent regional and got yet another 2nd place, not winning the trip but making a reputation for myself.

I will write a report on the team that I used and how my experience was, but before I did that, i believed it was necessary for you all to know that I'm not just a random guy whose opinion is worthless, who has no skill nor experience, and that probably knows nothing about the real competitive scene.

I also wanted to say thank you to all the Smogon community that supported me during these recent days. Without GradeAGarchomp , Draconid997 , Ksh13 , Serapis , Kyle Ayala and DaAwesomeDude1, nothing that I did this year would have been possible. Also huge shoutouts to CT Staff: it took me around a year to prove me worth of voice and more for driver, but I'll make sure this won't ever become a decision you'll regret. I'm really grateful for all the support you guys gave me, it really means a lot.

Given that I didn't win the free trip I won't be able to make worlds and meet up with you guys, but I'm proud of what I accomplished and I'm going to try harder to make worlds next year, i promise.

With all that said, I hope our VGC community grows bigger and bigger and that one day, heck, we might be on par with Nugget Bridge.

Giving you my best wishes...
SkarmSteel​

So a lot of people probably wonders who I am. After a great participation at the forums and not proving my knowledge regarding the VGC metagame (and Pokémon in general), it's natural that users doubt my advice and my opinion.

First of all, my name is Sebastián Lara. I'm currently 16 years old, and I like playing Pokémon, Smash Bros and Fire Emblem. I enjoy spending my afternoons after school playing tennis, writing in these forums, laddering on PS!, playing Smash Bros or playing LoL with my best friend.

As for my participation on the VGC scene, I've been watching and playing minor events (such as ICs) since VGC'13. The first event I went to was in January of 2015, where I made it to Top 8 and lost awfully to Omar Acuña, one of the most remarkable players in our country. However, the first official event I attended was in September of 2015, a premier challenge where I didn't even get top 32 (blame Heatran rain). After that, I made a popular team that got me consistent results in premier challenges, a top 4 at the first one, a top 8 at the second one (had to drop before game 3 though). In 2016, I attended the first regional where I got top 32, with big 6 as I wasn't comfortable with anything at that point. After that, due to personal issues, i took a long 4 month recess, and only at the MSS of April 30th people would know of me again. I received a warm "welcome back!" from the chilean community, and i gave them a surprising 2nd place, qualifying me for worlds. After that, I came to my most recent regional and got yet another 2nd place, not winning the trip but making a reputation for myself.

I will write a report on the team that I used and how my experience was, but before I did that, i believed it was necessary for you all to know that I'm not just a random guy whose opinion is worthless, who has no skill nor experience, and that probably knows nothing about the real competitive scene.

I also wanted to say thank you to all the Smogon community that supported me during these recent days. Without GradeAGarchomp , Draconid997 , Ksh13 , Serapis , Kyle Ayala and DaAwesomeDude1, nothing that I did this year would have been possible. Also huge shoutouts to CT Staff: it took me around a year to prove me worth of voice and more for driver, but I'll make sure this won't ever become a decision you'll regret. I'm really grateful for all the support you guys gave me, it really means a lot.

Given that I didn't win the free trip I won't be able to make worlds and meet up with you guys, but I'm proud of what I accomplished and I'm going to try harder to make worlds next year, i promise.

With all that said, I hope our VGC community grows bigger and bigger and that one day, heck, we might be on par with Nugget Bridge.

Giving you my best wishes...
SkarmSteel​
Yo your opinions are certainly not useless. You helped me a lot when I was just lurking in 2014.

I'm embarrassed of this but I didn't even know how to switch back in 2014.

Download
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-166618773

Also see my signature

Last edited:

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Forum Moderatoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Live Chat Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Grats on the regs finish! And also props to figuring out a Giratina-O team that works for you - I still can't come up with one myself and not being able to do so bothers me because it's my favorite mon.

woah i'm actually somewhat important :o.

in all seriousness congrats on all your accomplishments and if you go to worlds i hope you do well. n_n

maybe next year you may have a buddy going with you :o

Last edited:
Ohh! So that's your story. Sounds pretty good. Honestly, I feel a lot of your posts have been really helpful and informative. You seem like a pretty class act kind of dude.