1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Who is your favourite lead?

Discussion in 'Little Cup' started by Heysup, Sep 17, 2009.

?

Favourite Lead?

1. Diglett

7 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Meowth

26 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Staryu

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  4. Voltorb

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. Houndour

11 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. Onix

5 vote(s)
    5.5%
  7. Drifloon

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  8. Buneary

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  9. Glameow

5 vote(s)
    5.5%
  10. Other

22 vote(s)
    24.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Testknight

Testknight

I use Gastly pretty much exclusively these days. I can't help but feel like it isn't actually a good lead though. Still, exploding on the first turn is funny. Exploding on the Stunky switch-in is pro. And exploding on Protect is even more hilarious (if bad).
  2. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Try using a non-Scarf Gastly to lead. Run something silly like Wise Glasses or a plate and bluff scarf, since most opponents won't notice.

When you blow up on that pursuiting Stunky or Munchlax, it'll all be worth it.
  3. Heysup

Heysup Monsters are dangerous and kings are dying like flies.
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I've actually done that before with Lum Berry and Focus Sash. They both work great, you can bluff Scarf if your opponent doesn't OHKO you (or you switch out before they do), and you have back-up if they outpredict you otherwise.
  4. TPM

TPM

Though I haven't consistently played for a while, I'm going to say Diglet is my favourite. I love the guaranteed rocks because before Iused it I could never find time for setting them up, and my lead always died almost immediately anyways.
  5. Universal Berry

Universal Berry

I personally prefer Drifloon.

Immunity to fake out, hypnosis (although the accuracy drop make it unreliable), trick, unresisted coverage with shadow ball and HP fighting and explosion, which will ko everything in LC that is not immune or resistant to it make drifloon a GREAT lead

Drifloon@choice scarf

evs: 36 hp/ 36 atk/ 8 def/ 200 spd/ 200 sp atk/36 sp def

hasty nature/ trait: Unburden

- Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power Fighting/ Explosion
    - Explosion/ Hypnosis
    - Trick

Trick is great to lock lead diglett and phanpy into SR, and also ease prediction on leads that decide to attack, while keeping an amazing speed because of unburden.

Also, this is my first post so don't hesitate to comment
  6. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

SNOVER!!!

Snover (M) @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Snow Warning
    EVs: 36 HP/20 Atk/36 Def/196 Spd/180 SAtk/36 SDef (more attack if wood hammer)
    Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Blizzard
    - Energy Ball/Hidden Power [Fighting]/Wood Hammer
    - Ice Shard
    - Protect
    ---
    OHKOs most gligar with ice shard, ohkos phanpy with blizzard, protects on fo's and survives all returns/uturns, ice shard ohkos diggy. This set is no joke. See the snover discussion for a more detailed explanation.
  7. diinbong

diinbong *it's in you to give*
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

The lead I enjoy using the most is Scarf Finneon because of its aesthetic wow-factor (^__^) and the fact that Ice Beam or Surf will at least 2HKO most leads, plus doesn't allow Rock or Ground-type Stealth Rock leads to set up. U-turn is also pretty cool.
  8. Heysup

Heysup Monsters are dangerous and kings are dying like flies.
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

That's actually a pretty cool find. U-turn makes Finneon actually unique.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)