ORAS UU Who needs a Hazard Remover Anyway?(Peaked #1)

Hello! I wanted to post my second RMT for my next successful UU squad. It is a variation of my Past team with changes helping to keep up with the meta. Link to first RMT:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-pidgeot-uu-ho-peaked-8.3529064/#post-6031709

This team has come to a good amount of success as I was able to peak the top of the Ladder while competing in the Underused Ladder Tournament :] I was able to go from a 1450 Elo all the way to my peak without losing. So that can say something about the team in it self. Enough about that, lets get right into the squad.Proof of Peak: https://gyazo.com/932b2c74e7d4f9db7933b1236ab6d860

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Nidoqueen stuck on the team because in my opinion, is the most consistent mon in UU. Its bulk, attacking power, and ability to put up Stealth rock make it able to fit on any team. i run max speed to guarantee outspeeds on other Nidos and able to outspeed things such as Blastoise, Honchkrow, etc. due to natural bulk, Nidoqueen eats up hits just as any with HP investment. Example: Aerodactyl's EQ is eaten up, along with none LO Salamence. #Nido4SRankIMO

Machamp @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch

Machamp stuck on the team due to liking his AV set contrary to the seemingly outclassed banded Heracross. Machamp with an AV can switch in on certain mons such as Sceptile, Goodra, Scarf Hydreigon, Shaymin, etc, and proceed to threaten them out. Machamp is Helps with offensive momentum due to it not being able to be switched into. And anything that does switch in on it, gives my counter a 50% chance to go untouched. He is my go-to mon alongside Nido to beat Stall-ish teams although he always is consistent. The Speed investment is to outspeed certain things like Umbreon and Empoleon. Basically, I'm LuckE n Bad for using this mon.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail

Aerodactyl is my mega of choice due to its insane speed and respectable attack along with a helpful ability making Aerial Ace and Aqua Tail hit hard. I chose to run a Stall breaker set with an Adamant nature, Hone Claws, and 3 attacks. I believed Adamant was viable because Beedrill does not threaten my team + cant 2 hit KO Aerodactyl anyway(Sceptile is bad IMO). Aero usually cleans up games for me as the team is designed to clear out any potential threats leaving Aero free to setting a Hone Claws up and blowing the team back to ancient times, get it? Nevermind. The stabs along with Aqua Tail allow Aero only to be threatened by Steels which I let Machamp and Nidoqueen handle. Overall one of the biggest threats as of now.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Doublade can fill a number of rolls, and does all very, very well. Doublade is my mon to switch in on Physical hits, contrary to Machamp. Doublade can easily take care of any physical threat that does not have a super effective, heck, it can 1v1 a Mega Sharpedo at near full health. Doublade handles a ton of the threats in UU including Aerodactyl, Lucario, Mienshao, Salamence, and many more. Along side its Defensive potential, Doublade has a very high attack stat along with Swords Dance and Priority which makes it a very good late game sweeper.

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Voice
- Grass Knot/Surf

I decided to give Heliolisk a shot to stop the biggest UU threat right now, Suicune. I did not expect much out of this lizard but surprisingly is really, really good. It can easily switch in to Suicune or any water type like Vaporeon or Empoleon and Instantly scare them away. Apart from water types, not a lot of UU can switch in to Heliolisk due to its coverage and with LO packs a punch that pokes big holes through opposing teams. Volt Switch helps keep offensive momentum which comes in handy a lot Switching on water types seemingly on every team at the moment. I chose Grass knot over Surf does to it bopping lead Swamperts against inexperienced players on the ladder. Surf only helps for Nidoqueen/King and Rotom Heat although Hyper Voice does a number too. Awesome and viable mon right here.

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Krookodile was my final member added on the team. Krook is the glue of this team as it BREAKS through any team due to nothing wanting to take a Banded knock off. Intimidate is very helpful switching in on physical threats to give Doublade some breathing room. Pursuit helps a lot with trapping things like Blissey, Psychic types, Etc. Also the pursuit mind games work well if i chose to Knock off. I was unaware how threatening Krookodile was until i used one. I chose Stone Edge as my coverage move mainly to hit Aerodactyl expecting a Pursuit.

Threats to the Team:
Alakazam: I cringe every time i see one of these in team preview
Mega Absol
Mega Pidgeot
Entei
Rotom-H
Sticky Web
Spikes
Mega Aerodactyl

Thats the Team. Any comments are appreciate good or bad, unless you suggest Crobat :]

Last edited:

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello. Basic Changes

1. aero, heliolisk, and Krook should all have the 4hp evs moved to def or SpD. You always want to retain an odd HP value, even if even looks pretty.
  2. Nidoqueen's EVs should be 40hp / 252spa / 216 speed. You don't need to speed creep more than this, and the extra 40 EVs help avoid the OHKO from Scarf Hydreigon's Draco Meteor.
  3. remove the attack IVs off of Nidoqueen and Helio for minimum Foul Play damage
  4. based on your threat list, it sounds like Swampert could fit nicely on your team. The Pokemon I'd focus on replacing is Krook, Doubleade, or Mega Aero. If replacing Mega Aero, opt to use Mega Pert. This is probably my weakest suggestion, just cause I feel like this rather offensive team is gonna have some defensive holes cause that's what hyper offense does.

Hello. Basic Changes

1. aero, heliolisk, and Krook should all have the 4hp evs moved to def or SpD. You always want to retain an odd HP value, even if even looks pretty.
  2. Nidoqueen's EVs should be 40hp / 252spa / 216 speed. You don't need to speed creep more than this, and the extra 40 EVs help avoid the OHKO from Scarf Hydreigon's Draco Meteor.
  3. remove the attack IVs off of Nidoqueen and Helio for minimum Foul Play damage
  4. based on your threat list, it sounds like Swampert could fit nicely on your team.
Nido initially had a speed of 220 EVs, although, I was beginning to be speed creeped by other lead Nidoqueens. I am aware of the risk of Scarf Hydrei's Draco, but decided creeping was more valuable due to AV Machamp being able to Switch in on Scarf Hydrei and proceed to threaten in out. As the for EVs, they were fixed. Swamp will be considered on future builds.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nido had a speed of 220 EVs, although, I was beginning to be speed creeped by other lead Nidoqueens. I am aware of the risk of Scarf Hydrei's Draco, but decided creeping was more valuable due to AV Machamp being able to Switch in on Scarf Hydrei and proceed to threaten in out. As the for EVs, they were fixed. Swamp will be considered on future builds.
Then run 224, you want nido to have an odd HP value.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
Hate to double post but I need you to get this notification, if Nidoqueen's are SUCH a problem, run Nidoking; that's why it exists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)