1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Who said you couldn't still be somewhat creative and do well(a creative OU team)

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Dragonmist19, Mar 28, 2012.

?

What should be my special wall on this team

1. Regice

20 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Blissey

10 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. Vaporeon

14 vote(s)
    26.9%
  4. Other

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Dragonmist19

Dragonmist19

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]___Team Creative Crew___[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Team at a glance:

Show Hide
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Part 1:The Team

All about entry hazards and Physical attacks:

[​IMG]

Wheatly (Forretress) (M) @ Rocky Helmet Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Toxic Spikes -

- Volt Switch -

- Stealth Rock -

- Rapid Spin -

Info: The first member of the team with a typing of bug and steel is wheatly.With the item rocky helmet and the trait sturdy forretress can do some defensive work out there and set up some disaster for the other team.Having a ev spread of 252 HP,252 Def,and 4 SAtk ev's so that it can have max defense and max HP with a bit of special attack for volt switch and still a reasonable attack stat for rapid spin.Having entry hazard moves such as toxic spikes and stealth rocks go together with rapid spin to get rid of foes rocks/spikes/toxic spikes,did i forgot that it has a bold nature well it dose.

Synergy:

Fire- Heatran, Latios, Gastrodon, Gyarados

In a good mood for now:

[​IMG]

Hippocampus (Gyarados) (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Waterfall -

- Stone Edge -

- Taunt -

- Dragon Dance -

Info:
    Let's be jolly because we are at our second member of the team,Hippocampus.Being able to dish out damage and being able to take some hits is something Gyarados can do well even without that many hp evs and no defensive ev's.Gyarados also has the item leftovers with the trait intimidate.With a ev spread of 4 HP,252 Atk, and 252 Spd.Also with that Jolly nature if you didn't notice.Then also packing the moveset of waterfall,stone edge,taunt and dragon dance.

Synergy:
    Electric- Electivire, Gastrodon, Latios
    Rock- Forretress, Heatran, Gastrodon

Greek mythology reference FTW:

[​IMG]

Zeus (Electivire) (M) @ Focus Sash Trait: Motor Drive
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - ThunderPunch -

- Cross Chop -

- Ice Punch -

- Fire Punch -

Info:
    Were half way done after were done explaining Zeus here,holding a Focus sash and having the trait Moter drive.Then the ev spread is the same as gyarados with 4 HP,252 Atk,and 252 Spd.Having that lovley nature of Adamant helps out it's attack stat.Then its moves are the three elemental punches(fire punch,ice punch and THUNDAPUNCH) along with the move cross chop.

Synergy:
    Ground
    - Gyarados, Latios

The cake is not a lie:

[​IMG]

GlaDOS (Heatran) (F) @ Air Balloon Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 128 HP / 252 SAtk / 128 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Substitute -

- Earth Power -

- Flamethrower -

- Hidden Power[Grass] -

Info: Yes i am still alive thanks to that air balloon and the trait of flash fire.Heatran has a interesting ev spread of 128 HP for some bulk,252 Satk for those powerful hits,and 128 Spd for some quickness to boot.Having a modest natures helps also.Having the move set of Substitute,Earth Power,Flamethrower,and Hidden Power grass really fill in the rest that's needed.

Synergy:

Water- Gastrodon
    Ground- Gyarados, Latios
    Fighting- Gyarados, Latios

The New Guy:

[​IMG]

Dante (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Psyshock -

- Draco Meteor -

- Surf -

- Trick -

Info: Now here is the newest addition to this ragbad of a team,dante the latios.With a choice scarf and the trait levitate hes all psyched and ready to battle.With the usual ev spreadof a special attacker being 4 HP,252 SAtk and 252 Spd.And a modest nature to boost up that special attack.Then the moveset of Psyshock,Draco Meteor,Surk and Trick for maximum coverage.

Synergy:

Dragon- Forretress, Heatran
    Dark- Forretress, Heatran
    Bug
    - Forretress, Gyarados, Heatran

Forever Nickname-less:

[​IMG]

Gastrodon (Gastrodon) (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Toxic -

- Ice Beam -

- Earth Power -

- Recover -

Info: Last but not least she guesses,Gastrodon,just Gastrodon...Having leftovers and storm drains makes gastrodon,gastrodon.Then with the typical ev spread of 252 HP,4 SAtk and 252 SDef and the calm nature to add on to that.That may sound bland but gastrodons moves and just plain gastrodons moves of toxic,ice beam,earth power and recover.

Synergy:

Grass- Forretress, Heatran

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Part 2:Threat List

no known threats at the moment.
    Part 3:Other Stuff

Previous members:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Importable Version:

Show Hide

Wheatly (Forretress) (M) @ Rocky Helmet Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Volt Switch
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin

Hippocampus (Gyarados) (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Intimidate
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Taunt
    - Dragon Dance

Zeus (Electivire) (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Motor Drive
    - ThunderPunch
    - Cross Chop
    - Ice Punch
    - Fire Punch

GlaDOS (Heatran) (F) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 128 HP / 252 SAtk / 128 Spd
    - Substitute
    - Earth Power
    - Flamethrower
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Dante (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Psyshock
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Trick

Gastrodon (Gastrodon) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Toxic
    - Ice Beam
    - Earth Power
    - Recover

2. Nubagator

Nubagator

Alright, sorry that this isn't a rate, but if I don't mention this I won't be able to fall asleep. The title should read: Who said you couldn't be creative and do well (a creative team). Doing good would only apply if you were donating to charity, helping out starving orphans, or just doing good deeds in general.
  3. Lockeness

Lockeness (e^(i╥))+1=0

Hi, Nubagator is perfectly correct about the difference between "good" and "well"! But, beyond the fascinating descreptancies in word syntax your team does have a few issues. I like the fact that your trying to be creative! However, Terrakion does bad things to this team outspeeding and OHKOing virtually every Pokemon you have without even using a Choice Scarf. I would suggest dropping Regice in favor of Choice Band Scizor. Regice just adds way too many weaknesses, and I don't really see it doing much for you on the defensive or offensive. Its terrible defensive typing and weakness to Stealth Rock and Fighting moves unfortunately limit its ability to serve this team well. Scizor on the other hand will offer the ability to revenge kill many top threats, the most important of which is Terrakion. I recommend this set:

Scizor
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Att./8 Speed
    Nature: Adamant
    Item:Choice Band
    Ability: Technician
    -Bullet Punch
    -U-turn
    -Superpower
    -Pursuit

Good luck and I hope this helps!
  4. mklo14

mklo14

your team is quite offensively oriented. Your different typing of your five sweepers, and their great power will force a lot of switching, therefore I suggest you add SR to your team.

You can either do this by replacing t-wave of ferro, or swithching out regice.

The SR will seirously aid your in getting more 1HKOS, and I believe is necessary.

Also lastly I would say a spinner could be helpful purely to aid with your peeps weak to rock!

So I suggest perhaps putting in a fortress with:
    -rapid spin
    -toxic
    -Stealth rock
    -volt switch
    He lets you have a nice defensive mon, give you switch intitiative, poison support, RP, and SR. I think he'd help out a lot more then regice ever would.

Hope this helps!
  5. SkullCandy

SkullCandy She Bangs The Drums
    is a Contributor Alumnus

From what I gather by your team's members your team is an offensive one that tries to dictate the pace of play, by forcing your opponents to have to switch around you and your attacks. There are a couple of problems with this, however. First of all, you don't have a single Pokemon that sets up hazards thus you can't capitalise on all the switches your attacks would cause (as mklo14 mentioned). Secondly, you are using what are basically weaker versions of more established threats. Feraligatr is a weaker, slower and less bulky version of Gyarados and Eelektross is a slower, weaker less bulky version of Electivire with less type coverage. Therefore I recommend the following changes:

-Change Feraligatr to a bulky Dragon Dance Gyarados. It can set up on a larger variety of Pokemon thanks to Taunt and hits harder than Feraligatr does as well as not having a Grass-type weakness.
    [​IMG]
    Gyarados @ Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 176 HP / 128 Atk / 204 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    -Dragon Dance
    -Taunt
    -Waterfall
    -Stone Edge

-Change Eelektross to Life Orb Mixed Electivire. It hits a little less hard but can act as a wall breaker (something that your team lacks) and is also a good scout thanks to Volt Switch
    [​IMG]
    Electivire @ Life Orb
    Ability: Motor Drive
    EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
    Mild Nature
    -Thunderbolt
    -Cross Chop
    -Flamethrower
    -Hidden Power [Ice]

And finally: add some hazards to your Ferrothron. It is an imperative or you are completely misusing him. I would replace Gyro Ball with Stealth Rock and Ingrain with Leech Seed.
  6. Dragonmist19

Dragonmist19

I think i might just switch ferrathorn for fortress beacuse its a physical wall for a physical wall and im not the biggest fan of gyaravire combo(its not like smog just talked about it)
  7. Dragonmist19

Dragonmist19

Can anyone give me some suggestions on a replacement for regice(like another special wall)
  8. Magik

Magik

Well if you want a special wall use blissey/chansey (doesnt matter which one you choose)
    But like another one said you are weak to terakion.
    Thats really a major issue. I suggeest switching ur regice to a scizor like Lockeness said.
    Its very good and gives your team priority..
  9. Jobes

Jobes

Hey, just thought I'd stop by and let you know, Victini's ability only helps the accuracy of pokemon that are on the field. So, unless you are in a double or triple battle, nothing is going to get boosted accuracy except for the Victini itself.
  10. Dragonmist19

Dragonmist19

wow,i actually never knew that jobes,thanks (would scuicune be a good replacement for regice then swap victini for scizor)
  11. Legend Leader

Legend Leader

Well, I'm having a little bit of trouble here. While I wouldn't dare encourage using cookie-cutter teams, this team isn't going to do much in OU. It's essentially a UU team with a couple of OU Pokemon thrown in. I like the idea of Hydreigon as a Lead, but the overpresence of Tyranitar essentially cripples it in a sense. There's no way outside of a critical hit that you're going to avoid Stealth Rock. Adding more Steels would only add/increase a weakness to Magnezone. Victini is doing virtually nothing for your team. You say it can take a beating. Maybe from a Wing Attack off of an unboosted Pidgey. It has terrible typing, making it vulnerable to almost everything in the current metagame. I'd be glad to play you on PO and give you a full analysis of your team. [Brotherhood]Zero.
  12. Dragonmist19

Dragonmist19

Changes im in the progress of adding/removing to my team:

Feraligatr -> Gyarados(Expert Belt) (X)

Eelectross -> E-Vire(Physical attacker with cell battery) (X)

Victini -> Heatran(Special attacker) (X)

Ferrathorn -> Fortetress(mklo14's set) (X)

Regice -> Blissey(serene grace special wall)(or vaproeon) (X)
  13. Dragonmist19

Dragonmist19

Bump to declare my editing of my team to be complete
  14. eccenditto

eccenditto

cell battery doesn't activate on an electivire
  15. Dragonmist19

Dragonmist19

i actually just found that out just before i read your post eccenditto
  16. Legend Leader

Legend Leader

It's looking a little bit better now. However, you're still having some trouble with
    Fighting types. You have 3 Weaknesses and only one resistance. Plus, once your Gyarados is gone, you have nothing to prevent a Conkeldurr sweep. You might want to fix that.
  17. Dragonmist19

Dragonmist19

should i change blissey for a special wall dragonite or is there any other way to fix my problem and i found that i have problems with darmanitan in the sun.
  18. Superpowerdude

Superpowerdude based wooper #dealwithit
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Mentor

I really like Gyaravire Cores but may i suggest specs Jolteon? its Voltabsorb lets it take electric type attacks aimed at Gyardos and can attack with its high spiecal attack with choice specs and can use its 130 base speed. it is pretty frail however but your Gyarados is pretty bulky and can take hits for it and also has a earth immunity to take earthquake. also can absorb thunderwaves aimed to cripple gyarados.

[​IMG]
    Jolteon @ Choice Specs
    Abilty: Volt Absorb
    Evs: 252 Spa/ 4 Sp Def/ 252 Spe
    Nature: Timid
    Moves:
    -ThunderBolt
    -VoltSwitch
    -Shadowball
    -Hidden Power Fighting

Note: life orb can also be used
  19. TransparentOpacity

TransparentOpacity

I don't really see how your team kills something bulky or something that sets up, so I would put Cross Chop on Electivire over Rock Slide since rock slide doesn't do much and you now have a way to kill chansey. I would also put DD on gyarados since he kind of sucks without it. Your heatran set doesn't really make sense to me. I'd take out substitute or flash cannon and put Roar in there.
  20. Dragonmist19

Dragonmist19

@ spdude

if i canged vire for jolteon i would only have 1 physical attacker leaving me defenseless to a special tank like chansey or jellicent or vaporen.

@ TransparentOpacity

Rock slide has been very helpful on vire compared to what cross chop would be able to do and pretty much any power physical attack could defeat a chansey,and with the dd thing,what would i even replace for it anf finally heatran,it's part of the reason i can fly be sun teams with the subsitute when the ninetales goes for the fire move on forretress i can get flash fire,set up a sub on the switch then sweep and my heatran is a special attacking one,not a stalling one.
  21. Stew0The0Jew

Stew0The0Jew

I would suggest making gastrodon blky special attacker,replacing blissy.

gastrodon@leftovers
    Storm Drain
    Modest(+Satk, -Atk)
    252hp/252Spatk/4Sdef
    -Scald
    -Ice Beam
    -Earth Power
    -Recover

This has great synergy with Heatran and is pretty powerful in its own right
  22. Dragonmist19

Dragonmist19

how dose it have synergy with heatran,and i have been trying out cress and it helped me out with conkeldurr(and im currently testing my team on PO on the PO server if anyone want to battle me on there)
  23. Stew0The0Jew

Stew0The0Jew

Heatran resists Gastrodons lone weakness, Grass, 4x and Gastrodon absorbs water attacks directed at heatran, while getting a powerup.
  24. Dragonmist19

Dragonmist19

Oh so its actually sorta like a trio combo actually inbewteen forretress,heatran and gastro(forretress + fire attack + heatran switch = power up,heatran + water attack + gastro switch = power up,gastro + grass attack + switch to forretress or heatran = resist)
  25. Dragonmist19

Dragonmist19

Keep the forum afloat with a bump per day(yes i know the last word didn't rhyme -_-)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)