Why getting disqualified from the world finals is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

VIDEOS

I could write a thousand words, but Ninahaza has pictures worth those, so I'll present you my account in another medium.

If I had played in the tournament I would never have been able to do this. So in a way I'm glad that I was disqualified. I took one for the team, and this is what I have to show for it.

This isn't my warstory, it's OUR warstory. Not Smogon's, the ducks or Skarmbliss. We can pair off and claim wins for whatever site or group, but the truth is and always will be that we're in this together. I made no enemies during this trip (except Pokerob), only friends. I saw no hatred, no jealousy, no division, only unity. America, (Canada), Spain, France, UK, even the Japanese. So this is for all my friends, old and new. And if you aren't in it, maybe you will be next year. I hope you all enjoy watching it as much as we enjoyed making it.

Oh and if you were there, this is why I kept shoving that video camera in your face every five minutes!

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OqtPCpuPbA

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtWeUJrFj_Q

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRF4uHasBcA

Remember, this warstory wouldn't have been possible without me.

OK, so I got myself blacklisted and Kinneas missed out on his shot at the world title, but at least something good came of it in the end.

my laptop is about to die but I'll b sure to watch it when i get home haha. I'm sure the storming of the stage part is nuts haha

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Gazooki we're still cool bro.

Also as I posted my final video, my A level results came through the post:
A2 Media Studies - A*
AS Film Studies - A
AS English Literature - A
Perfect scores ^_^

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
kinneas you are a disgrace to this country and everything it stands for and Pokerob was definitely right when saying you are an utter failure

oh wait no i'm not a dick :D

Awesome video logs, this looked so fun :( fucking Hawaii in the middle of summer with no flight allowance from Nintendo ._.

Epic videos, thanks so much for uploading them. The most successful VGC is now made in the history books.
A++

Now I know about 5th Gen jajajaja :DD

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
ahahahaha what an amazing time. Great meeting you Kinneas, and can't wait to hang out again next year.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I only have enough time to watch the shortest video out of all of them, but this thread is already 5-starred on that alone.

You found your very own Roberto!

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
- "White Forest is a city that is only in White version!"
- "Is it made out of trees?"

- "You can walk across the desert?"
- "Yeah, but I have to warn you, there are crocodile pokemon that are there!"

- "If it's that small how can you see the ameba inside the pokeball? Is it a giant ameba?"

Lmfao, Those videos were hilarious.

Articuno64

1 to 63 were taken
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It was great to bits of those final battles again after seeing the live stream. So exciting that Jesus fell off his chair...

I only have enough time to watch the shortest video out of all of them, but this thread is already 5-starred on that alone.

You found your very own Roberto!
Hahaha, that's exactly what I was thinking when I watched that.

Last few videos were so funny! Also great job actually qualifying for Worlds as well as making all of these final videos to show us all how great the experience of Worlds was. I can't wait until next year where I'll be sure to at least qualify for Nationals!

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
KINNAHAZA
dude kinneas i actually watched all the videos every second and it has taken a big chunk of my morning time before work but its sooo worth it. takes me back to last weekend and i know i will be smiling all the way to work thinking back on the awsome time at worlds.

"no not even that, its a fairy that can travel through time"

GROUND TYPES WON'T WORK ON THIS LIL' GUY

would you mind if I posted your videos (uh, not the Master Trainer ones. Maybe we should keep his infinite knowledge a secret for now...) in my VGC community on Livejournal? It looks like it was really an amazing time, and I'd love to give people a chance to see that battling isn't all it's about. Full credit to you and our amazing players, of course.

It looks like you guys had an amazing time, and I can't wait until next year. This time around, going to Worlds is an actual possibility for me thanks to the fact that it costs a lot less for me to get to San Diego. :U

Kinneas

puffoon
GROUND TYPES WON'T WORK ON THIS LIL' GUY

would you mind if I posted your videos (uh, not the Master Trainer ones. Maybe we should keep his infinite knowledge a secret for now...) in my VGC community on Livejournal? It looks like it was really an amazing time, and I'd love to give people a chance to see that battling isn't all it's about. Full credit to you and our amazing players, of course.

It looks like you guys had an amazing time, and I can't wait until next year. This time around, going to Worlds is an actual possibility for me thanks to the fact that it costs a lot less for me to get to San Diego. :U
Post them wherever you like (:

makiri <3

Great time meeting you Kinneas, hopefully you make it next year. We tore it up in the Battle Factory; nothing can stand up to Infernape and Venusaur!

Oh man, Alaka and I had such a great time with that guy in the last two videos. So funny hahaha

"Actually, I don't know what Zekrom is, but he's definitely different"

"Earthquake Spiral? What does that do?

Don't know..."

"Is it a giant amoeba???"

"I bet she Frisks a lot of people ;)"

"first he grabs your opponents pokemon, then second turn he flies up and throws him down so hard he hits the ground with....uh..with the force of a sludgehammer!!!"

"This caterpillar is disguised.................as a leaf!"

Oh man hahahahaha what a crack up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)