Why is Articuno in NU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I was just wondering why Articuno is in NU. I mean I know he loses half his health by stealth rock but, shouldn't he at least be in UU? He could be a good special wall. He has a 125 base special defense. He has roost and substitute. He also looks awesome!

Articuno is a pretty defensive Pokemon, so for a defensive Pokemon, losing half your health upon switching in is a pretty big deal. Also, its typing isn't that good defensively. Weaknesses to Fire, Rock, and Electric, which are fairly common, really hurt its surviviability. Also, Articuno only resists Bug and Grass, and is immune to Ground, but that's it. So it's a lot easier to kill Articuno than those defenses and HP might make it seem. That's really the main problem. Offensively, 95 Special Attack and 85 Speed aren't horrible, but they aren't outstanding either.

Our tiers are determined by usage. In tiers above NU, there is little reason to use Articuno, as there are better Pokemon that can fulfill its roles. The 4x Stealth Rock weakness is definitely the biggest factor in Articuno being NU. For the future, this isn't the kind of thread that we're looking for, as it doesn't really generate discussion. Have a great day, if you have any other questions feel free to ask me! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)