NOC Why is there a gun in my popcorn? GAME OVER SCUM WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Texas being the first gunbearer : I can only conclude that mafia wants the people they see as experienced and a bigger threat to go first when their likelihood to fail is highest, instead of giving newer players the gun hoping they'll randomly kill a veteran player.

Doesn't really tell us much but it still makes the scum team's reasoning obvious and Texas misfiring on another solid player would work towards their objective the most.

For some reason I scumread Josh

On Texas being the first gunbearer : I can only conclude that mafia wants the people they see as experienced and a bigger threat to go first when their likelihood to fail is highest, instead of giving newer players the gun hoping they'll randomly kill a veteran player.

Doesn't really tell us much but it still makes the scum team's reasoning obvious and Texas misfiring on another solid player would work towards their objective the most.

For some reason I scumread Josh

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Vote remove honestly I can't believe we even have to vote on this I will straight sub out if I have to deal with something as dumb as a free for all village - it's hard enough dealing with noc villages when everyone's on the same team

Not much to go on but the most important thing is to stir discussion early. While I think that Leet's post was pretty bad in terms of logic (really I am not sure what he is trying to say in it) I do like the fact that he is actually doing something analytical

At least you acknowledged the 13:7 ratio
I believe, however, that your reasoning has 3 major flaws:
1) there's no evidence that players not in that game did not read the game (except that, admittedly, it was hard even for me in the game to stay motivated in reading the walls upon walls of text)
2) town and mafia both should be able to respect him for his townleading ability.
3) has he put up a similar showing in mafia games before?
  1. That is, honestly, a completely valid point. It was more that I doubted anyone actually had the willpower to read through +100 pages worth of NOC.
  2. Yes, but Mafia are the ones that choose the first gunwo/man, so it doesn't exactly matter what the town thinks about him as much as what the Mafia thinks about him (although he is a good player, just to get that out of the way).
  3. I have no counterargument to that, except that OCNOC was the most recent game, so it would be fresh in the players' minds.
In light of these points, however, UnFoS Former Hope.

I still maintain that Haruno is always mafia, however. :-)

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I read the entire oc noc. haruno v Texas was pure entertainment. mostly haruno. btw, for all yall insulting him, he tried hard and played towards his wincon of throwing people off the mafia as long as possible. he tried.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Remove, never really use that rule in non-ffa games here from what i've seen

Also i don't intend to idle this game. There's a reason i signed up for this game, and no it isn't to just sit on my ass doing nothing. That said, i am in school, so i won't be here 24/7, but i will be reading the thread from my phone if i can

We need more discussion before deciding whether or not Haruno's the right shot, really. I don't believe we should currently, but depending on how conversation develops today and how they act this could change. Haruno hasn't spoken much yet, so there isn't much in the way of reads, so i'd be a bit more careful.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Wait Haruno IS still the subject. The "There have been more posts, view them?" or however it's phrased option is fucking confusing as hell, showed those posts but not the rest of this page @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)