NOC Why is there a gun in my popcorn? GAME OVER SCUM WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
"read my posts" then make it clear, I wasn't in deathnote mafia, I had no idea what you meant.

Anyways, I suppose so. That said, I do still dislike it and will probably be shooting at you after Leet.
So you can ask ?_? I already asked you to quote what scummy things you saw from leet's iso.

Ok, thinking about it, we currently have only one concrete piece of evidence: That Texas Cloverleaf was chosen as the first shooter.

This begs the question: Why would scum do this

There are three likely reasons:
  1. The Mafia believe that Texas is a deft player, and would easily become considered clear town.
  2. On the opposite hand, they believe that Texas is a bad player, and that he would end up targetting Town and giving maf a free death.
  3. Alternatively, they wanted Texas out of the picture early, to remove/mitigate the effect he might have on the game (and thus, their chances).
Considering the most recent NOC Texas was in, my OCNOC, where he proved himself to be a skilled leader, I believe that at least one member of the Mafia was part of OCNOC.

Looking at our playerlist, those who were in OCNOC at any point are:

• Shubaka
  • Moody
  • Blazade
  • Asek
  • Fort CC
  • Haruno
  • Former
  • Texas (obv)
  • Martin
  • Me (also obv)
Thus, it is my belief that at least one of the listed people are probably mafia.

Considering that those who were mafia in that game would have the most knowledge of Texas being able to lead...

FoS Haruno
FoS Former Hope

Of course, it is unlikely that at least one member of that group isn't Mafia, with a 13:7 ratio.
This early post is one of the biggest scum indicators in the game. First of all, the instant narrowing of Haruno and I as scum, before the game had even really started. Then just further narrowing in that throughout the game.

However even bigger, is the timing. Now when it comes to complex reasons like that, timing is important. In the rules of WIFOM scum are considering their actions and potential justifications for it. The post above came about an hour and 40 minutes after Texas was announced with the gun and before most people had even posted for in game stuff. It also shows clear complexish thought on the idea the mafia were from OCNOC, so from this post, I am seeing this as the thought and reasoning the mafia wanted to give to town about why Texas was chosen for the gun and also borrowing from Shubaka, knowing that at least one mafia wanted haruno to be shot, it also fits into this narrative.

Also I suppose I'm flip flopping Josh to neutral. He was undeniably defending Shubaka which looks really bad. However I suppose the aggressive play (which imo doesn't belong in a game) is common for him. Though even more so, I think there's a weird temptation for scum in this game to not aggressively shift the blame to people. In that, for a person to be 'mislynched' would mean they have the gun and thus able to shoot people. Thus, it makes quite a bit more sense for the scum to want to not lead the misshot, but be a supporter of it unobviously (like Leet pushing Haruno and I super early in the game).

This early post is one of the biggest scum indicators in the game. First of all, the instant narrowing of Haruno and I as scum, before the game had even really started. Then just further narrowing in that throughout the game.

However even bigger, is the timing. Now when it comes to complex reasons like that, timing is important. In the rules of WIFOM scum are considering their actions and potential justifications for it. The post above came about an hour and 40 minutes after Texas was announced with the gun and before most people had even posted for in game stuff. It also shows clear complexish thought on the idea the mafia were from OCNOC, so from this post, I am seeing this as the thought and reasoning the mafia wanted to give to town about why Texas was chosen for the gun and also borrowing from Shubaka, knowing that at least one mafia wanted haruno to be shot, it also fits into this narrative.
Haruno was being trolly before I posted it, so I thought them likely scum.

You were mostly an afterthought, due to being Mafia in OCNOC, though, this line of thought led me to suspect you.

However, how you're reacting to this suspicion is what really cements my belief in you being scum. You've done nothing to be helpful, and when you have been "suspecting" people, it's just mudslinging.

To paraphrase my mentor from Mafia 101, nothing you do as Town is inherently scummy. You have to keep trying to scumhunt. Of course, you aren't exactly scumhunting, and being more focused on not being thought of as scummy. Thus, you are really sus to me.

I'm pretty sure building a case for why you are scum and going through related shubaka posts isn't "doing nothing" more so, going through the shubaka posts and drawing scum reads and also having a scumread on you isn't scumhunting...?

Haruno was being trolly before I posted it, so I thought them likely scum.

You were mostly an afterthought, due to being Mafia in OCNOC, though, this line of thought led me to suspect you.

However, how you're reacting to this suspicion is what really cements my belief in you being scum. You've done nothing to be helpful, and when you have been "suspecting" people, it's just mudslinging.

To paraphrase my mentor from Mafia 101, nothing you do as Town is inherently scummy. You have to keep trying to scumhunt. Of course, you aren't exactly scumhunting, and being more focused on not being thought of as scummy. Thus, you are really sus to me.
Bolded.

I'm pretty sure building a case for why you are scum and going through related shubaka posts isn't "doing nothing" more so, going through the shubaka posts and drawing scum reads and also having a scumread on you isn't scumhunting...?
A case isn't made out of one post, complaining about early suspicion, and timing.

Hey, I'll even go and iso your posts to prove my point.

1. Confirms, NAI.

2. Complains about my logic, while not providing any reasoning or explanation as to why it is.

3. Calls the results of a Haruno shot long before Haruno posts much of anything at all, which seems suspicious, as scum would know for sure who is town and who isnt.

4. Unhelpful, nothing of note.

5. Reiterates 3, same thoughts apply.

6-7. Attenpts to throw suspicion on peoples' reasonings for suspeating them, without straight up arguing against it.

8-9. Nothing helpful.

10-11. More mudslinging at all suspicion on him.

12. Another reiteration of 3.

13. Decided discussion of why Texas was gunbearer is useless, despite talking about it a lot and it, arguably, being one of the major useful pieces of information to start off with (and one of our only pieces of info starting off.)

14. Sort of helpful, I guess? The only real time where they're attempting to actually "scumhunt".

15+. Our whole little argument and the argument with Josh, not too much to say about this that I haven't already.

Tl;Dr: FH sux. ;-)

2. Hitmonleet - Read as scummy for considerable prethought into Texas's choosing as scum and then the persistant narrowing of Haruno and I as targets for shooting with minimal reason to do so (in comparison to many other targets, choosing just 2 )
3. Thetwinmasters - tbh I forgot he was in the game. Which is sort of weird as iirc he's not much of a quiet player.
4. Jalmont - Actually, same as above.
5. UncleSam - I like the work going into reads and the one on Shubaka looks good for him. Currently reading as town.
6. MoodyCloud - Had a thing about looking at people who didn't say much on Shubaka instead of those who defended it. And while I get that rational, I disagree with it. Still I don't see his rational as NAI on it. Actually looking mostly at that one post, most of it seems really NAI or passive, potential scum read? But mostly just neutral for now.
7. winter-delta - afking (correction, #301 was actually a really good post by them, and echo's a lot of my thoughts, slight town read)(also #342)
8. Blazade - Sorta townie? But I'll probably adjust this read once I look at some more recent posts from him.
9. Asek - Dislike his reads as they conflict with mine, also some buddying with Josh. Overall slight scum read but not to the level where I would shoot, or advocate for him being shot.
10. Fort Colorcastle - Defended Shubaka, went through several pages looking for more posts from him, didn't find them. So slight scum read I guess?
11. Josh - Tricky here, either way I feel he's a detriment to town and maybe should be shot just to get him out of the game (that said, I'm typically for removing aggressive players who liberally insult players early as they make the game a lot less fun to play in general, so tbh I'm fine removing Josh on that principle alone), that said, neutral/slight scum read
12. Haruno - I forget how much I posted of this, but I was reading haruno town before he was a gun holder and that's just been confirmed even more.
13. DeathByWobbuffet - Really hard to read and I'm starting to run out of time. Null.
14. Yeti - Another person hard to read though far more posts, but based on Shubaka's earlier posts. I believe them to be town.
15. Flyhn - Lock town for me in how hard they pursued Shubaka and their activity.
16. Former Hope - Underpaid and overworked, I haven't posted a ton that said I absolutely abhor D1 for big NOC's and my general attitude is to avoid them like the plague.
17. Aura Guardian - I haven't paid a ton of attention to their posts, but what I saw while quickly looking over was a lot of stuff I find sort of neutral so null read for now.
19. Da Letter El - Have they posted? I went through 10-16 and didn't see anything.
20. Empoof - Scum read, the deflective read from Shubaka plus a lot of their reads on people I find scummy isn't a good sign. That said, I did like his post #345, still scum reading for now but mostly in the same way I'm reading Asek.

Josh

=P
11. Josh - Tricky here, either way I feel he's a detriment to town and maybe should be shot just to get him out of the game (that said, I'm typically for removing aggressive players who liberally insult players early as they make the game a lot less fun to play in general, so tbh I'm fine removing Josh on that principle alone), that said, neutral/slight scum read
I'm a detriment to town?

Josh

=P
with all due respect, I'm going to put it bluntly. it sounds like you're an easily offended person and you're using your dislike of me + the fact I beat you in official to confbias an awkward scumread. aggression works, it makes newer players get nervous as scum. and, I've always been hyper aggressive in mafia, I was no different in official either. not everybody has the same playstyle, but if you're town you need an attitude change because I'm not even bad compared to a lot of mafia players I know and you'll never be good in mafia if you want to policy shoot someone you dislike the playstyle of. I haven't even been particularly aggressive or insulting in this game so idk what your angle is, you've talked to me on discord long since the last time we played a noc so it's clearly not just josh hate.

now, I want to reply to your reads list but a lot of it is just confusing/ null reads. can you sort it from town to scum please? makes it much more readable

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Jesus these ag posts are so bad

WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE IN THE GAMES READING COMPREHENSION NONE OF YOU CAN PROPERLY INTERPRET "LEAN TOWN" AS "LEAN TOWN"

Now ag considers it "probably town" for some unknown reason except narrative shifting which I find one of the surest signs of scum, or unclesam narcissism, you decide.

I said Sam was inconclusive, twin asked for a decision either way and I have none until Texas made his post that made me consider another element of the game

Which then led to me having a town LEAN on Sam, nothing more

Ppl who should be shot:
IDLE total lock for his scum meta
AG
Josh
The third guy who tried to be all SUDDENLY HE'S UR LOCK TOWN!!! I think DBW

They either don't know what lean town means, what "I realized new information" means, or are scum who want me shot asap, likely to chain bigger name player misfires back to back early. In all 3 circumstances their utility to town is low.

I think townreading flyhn is unfounded at this point in time

Idling cucks like winter delta fort whoever and once again DBW should also be extremely high priority targets to press. Are all of them scum? Can't be certain atm but I think this pool of coasters is the most promising below the above narrative shifters

O I owe empoof a dissection I got home to the shot I'll do it when I'm at my laptop kk

Yeti

dark saturday
Former hope is a name that comes up for posting but I can never remember the content

Twin is a name that comes up surprisingly little when I think of his posts and that feels very unlike his usual play. Twin what's up there

Who else is even in the game I haven't mentioned recently

I bet whoever is in that list is a good idling cuck to shoot at too

Yeti

dark saturday
Oh Asek and hitmonleet are playing you can tell I find their contributions noteworthy

MOODYCLOUD

Did anyone else know MOODYCLOUD is playing this game?

I sure wouldn't have from the 20 pages of posts, just the OP

Josh

=P
what have YOU done that's productive? you just posted a wall bitching about a town lean when I already explained why that makes 0 sense, especially since out of your entire "3-2" only a single point out of ALL of them was even valid, and it was a scum one. then you said to shoot the people who called someone obv town (you didn't even specify and I'm confused af), but I'm omgusing? oh, and you commented on no reason to townread flyhn when there's been reasons provided you haven't even commented on. topping it off with advocating for randomly shooting idlers is just epic.

I knew moody, asek, Hitmonleet were playing because I actually pay attention. clearly you don't because Hitmonleet at least has been very impressionable and I certainly remember some asek content, hell sam called him out hard and you're the same expert. Moody is legit idling so that 1 u can have even though he's been discussed (via Empoof tring what I'm eating rn)

stay woke xD

Yeti

dark saturday
I think Empoof is bad at reads but prob not scum

Blazade I feel is in the jalmont Twin boat where I expect him to do a lot more as town. Maybe it's this game format or maybe it's just we haven't really seen his NOC scum game so he is a lot more hesitant to post at his usual volume for fear of being inconsistent with himself

And then Haruno is Haruno. I assume Texas just wanted out of the game going by his cya in shooting Haruno which I don't feel was the optimal play, he could've just asked Haruno who he'd shoot and shot them if he felt that strongly Haruno was town but w/e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)