Wi-Fi Blacklist: as of January 30th, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be safe.. why don't you just not redis anything that's from smogon on other sites? (this post will probably get deleted by a mod, but hope you see this before it gets deleted...sorry I'm not involved, but just wanted to say)

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So...Is everything cleared up?
Well, pretty much, but there is one thing I would like to say. Showing off Pokemon you are not supposed to trade and marking them as NFT is very shady. It very much gives the impression that you are trying to advertise them and trade them without anyone knowing about it. If that's not your intention, fine, but you'd do well to quit doing that. Smogonites do leave Smogon and they do recognize Pokemon from here, so consider that.

And since Blak and LightningFusion have both stated that they would appreciate it if you did not distribute their Pokemon off-site it would be very good for your reputation here to quit doing so.

Moderators are working on some guidelines for the issue of redistributables offsite, so there will be a follow-up post with that information.

Well, pretty much, but there is one thing I would like to say. Showing off Pokemon you are not supposed to trade and marking them as NFT is very shady. It very much gives the impression that you are trying to advertise them and trade them without anyone knowing about it. If that's not your intention, fine, but you'd do well to quit doing that. Smogonites do leave Smogon and they do recognize Pokemon from here, so consider that.

And since Blak and LightningFusion have both stated that they would appreciate it if you did not distribute their Pokemon off-site it would be very good for your reputation here to quit doing so.
No that is not my intention. I have taken the NFT Pokes off my list along with Lightning's and Blak's Pokemon. Thanks you to everyone for being so understanding.

EDIT: I am displaying some Smogon Pokemon on my new thread. In these cases, I have asked the OT if they are redis only on Smogon or everywhere and have gotten permission to redis everywhere. Just to clear up future questions.

I believe a guy by the name of "Canada" should be on the list. He used hacks without telling me, (I.e shiny swampert in a cherish ball) and he also used a zapdos with Overheat against me in our battle.

Hello, I'm here to blacklist dark-ryu. There have been many things that have led up to this, so I'm going to outline everything that has happened.

april 14th, 2009 - dark makes this post in the Request/Post banners and avatars thread. I take him up on the offer very soon afterward, and make him 12 quality banners for the price of 1/2 credit or each one, and the promise of a free shiny ubers banner if he ever needed it.

soon afterward - all the banners are finished. I requested his calm zapdos, and he said he would give it to me for some exorbitant fee. Apart from that, I was also interested in his HP ice modest magnezone. I made this post and he responded with this post. The pokemon in question was not in the trophy case section at the time, and it is not now, so it clearly falls under the category of being worth 2 credits.

april 20th, 2009 (Sunday) - the first Sunday afternoon tournament, hosted by pablo, takes place. I needed the magnezone for the team I wanted to use, so I made this post. dark-ryu responds with this. Remember that at the time I had asked for zapdos too, which is the "pride and joy" he mentioned. It is his argument in the PMs that he sent me that this should have made it clear that The magnezone was worth more then 2 credits. I really do not think that this is the case.

april 27th, 2009 - Dark-ryu trades the magnezone to me for what i assume was two credits. This was the last I talked to him for a long time.

june 4th, 2009 - Dark ryu PMs me again saying that he would like to have another banner made for him titled "RNG abuse". I agree to do it for him for free.

june 12th, 2009 - He PMs me agian asking for 4 more banners, and I reply that I will do them for two more credits.

june 13th, 2009 - he mentions that I still have 1 credit in his thread. I reply "I'm pretty sure I still have 5". Note that I actually have 4, this was a mistake on my part. He then goes on to say that magnezone did not actually cost the 2 credits that he told me earlier, but instead is worth no less then 5. I then gave him an image of the posts where he puts in under the two credit category, and he responds with this:
Totally right!
But I remember pretty well the conversation about Magnezone and Im not sure if we did it via thread or via PM, but you can search the post in my thread about it in case that we talked about it in my thread, I would search but i cant because of my status. If it isnt in the thread then it was via PM, but c'mon you can read the description of Magnezone and you will see that i don't trade it =/ so it woul be pretty dumbass if i traded it to you for just two credits, MAYBE i would trade it for two pokemon credits but for banner credits <.<?
Also you did 12 banners for me equal to 6 credits so basically you are saying that i gave you 8 credits for the banners? Cause you are saying that you still have 5-6 remaining credits =/
I have rejected big offers for Zappy and Magnezone so I don't see why would i trade it for 2 banner credits.
Seriously man, I'm not ripping you, Im not that kind of person.
Actaully I remember that I didnt want to trade you my Magnezone.
The fact is that he only ever said that he did not want to trade me both zapdos and magnezone.

After me not replying to that PM (I was PMing harro with the banners he wanted), he sent this message to me:
Oh well, I thought that it was already understood if you were changing zappy for magnezone since i told you "im already giving you a pride and joy" So tbh i wont give you 4 credits since im feeling that you are ripping. So if you want and you can have the magnezone and one more credit which was the original trade (Zappy/magnezone and one credit) or you can keep the magnezone and ill remove your banners although you should toss it, but i dont mind.
and this:
Also i think it was a matter of common sense since you were changing zappy for magnezone when i Said pride and joy but ogh well, and tbh the monsters have "More value" than making banners.
first. cause magnezone took me like three weeks and all my pokes are free from cheating devices and second the banners that you made are not great things (im not saying that your art is shit) and i know that cause years ago i was an artist too and i made banners for my girl and myself, and seriously when i did "big" banners they didnt take more than... 30 mins?
And the banners that you did for me just to create the size with the pixels, they need a couple of overlays, the font that are already created when you download the fonts and the background (i dont know how to call the back of the picture since its not my main languaje...) and some filters for more bright of the picture but some of those filters are already created since you are an artist and i imagine that you save all your filters and those things.
And if your question is why i cant make my own anners is because my pc has a shitty ram and as you can know PS needs a lot of ram >.<
So i dont see why im ripping you =/
The first message states that he will not redeem my credits, and also states what the "original trade" was, but this is a distortion of the truth. the original trade was zapdos and one credit. Magnezone did not even come into the equation. I only decided not to get zapdos and instead use credits on magnezone because I valued it more as a team member, and since he said that it was worth 2 credits ans zappy 5, I could not get both for the 6 credits I had been awarded for making his banners.

The second message was completely irrelevant, as a credit is a credit no matter its origin, but after receiving it I talked to a mod and that person recommended blacklisting.

I am willing to forward the PMs that I still have to any mod that wants to look at them.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Yep, all that is true :toast:
And I'm pretty firm on my decission. So I don't mind if I'm added to the Blacklist.

About the trophy Case section one day I told to one guy (I can't remember who) that Id like to keep only my birds in that section cause otherwise I'd have like 30+ trophy case pokemon xP BUT that doesnt mean that the pokes that are not in my Trophy case are not worth of that section.

EDIT:
Zapdos Text:
NO MORE FOR TRADE
Magnezone text:
don't bother in asking for this, since I'm going to be very picky cause i consider it like my trophy of my Trophy Case Pokemon.
I don't see much difference on the texts, but the problem is that I abuse of the common sense and some people just dont use it.

Foibles if I am the kind of person that likes to rip people would I give free stuff to people when they don't have anything that i need:pirate:?

I know I'm not really involved in this situation, but I do have something to contribute to it. Foibles, if you think that you're getting a poor deal watermark your banners. (do it in layers) Then, when you've GOTTEN your stuff you can just delete the layers. (I'm not taking sides here, I'm just stating fact, so please don't take this the wrong way DR.)

I have considered doing that in the past tennis, but I do not think that it would have much of a bearing on this situation.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Blacklisting shofu for trading me a hacked Moltres
This is pretty cut and dried.

Shofu actually has some other Pokemon in his thread with illegal IVs so this is not a surprise.

Additionally his best Pokemon have ridiculous delay/frames, notably that heatran.

Moving shofu to the proper blacklist, as this is his second time dealing in hacks.

mingot

free agent
Double posting as, this is a completely different issue than the one addressed in the post above.

Dark-Ryu,

I have to admit it sounds very much like you agreed to give him a certain number of credits and then gave him a Pokemon that you said was worth two credits and then finally changed your mind about how much it was worth.

Please let me know if I am misunderstanding something here.

Thanks

Yep, all that is true :toast:
And I'm pretty firm on my decission. So I don't mind if I'm added to the Blacklist.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Double posting as, this is a completely different issue than the one addressed in the post above.

Dark-Ryu,

I have to admit it sounds very much like you agreed to give him a certain number of credits and then gave him a Pokemon that you said was worth two credits and then finally changed your mind about how much it was worth.

Please let me know if I am misunderstanding something here.

Thanks
All the things that he said are true, except for the part that Magnezone was worth two credits. I thought that he understood that Magnezone was equal to Zapdos when I posted this.
Also in the description of Magnezone it says that I won't trade it or something like that (tbh I can't remember)
All my trophy pokemon are basically 1-2 from flawless and they are worth 2 credits, except for the completely flawless pokemon like Gyarados/ Magnezone, Ambipom and Tentacruel, I really don't like to trade them and I think that you know it since I only like to give them to people that are special to me like You (Gyarados), Magnezone (CJ and Daniel) and Ambipom (Negator and Idk who else) and Modest Zapdos (Bozo, you, CJ) AND I traded those pokes when they were Not For trade, so as you can see they are really only for people that are special to me.

Why would I trade a completely flawless pokemon for two credits? when I trade 1-2 from flawless for two credits, so if I trade them for two credits its like saying that they are the same as all my stuff.

Maybe Im being a bitch for dont trade my flawless stuff, but c'mon those pokes took me weeks, you know that I'm totally free from cheating devices and all that stuff and for that reason my flawless stuff obviously is not worth two credits, but I guess that it was my error for thinking that he would understand inmediatly that Magnezone was equal to Zapdos and I should tell him more clear that Magnezone was equal to Zapdos.
One more and last thing: I DON'T HAVE AN EXACT NUMBER OF CREDITS FOR MY FLAWLESS STUFF SINCE I ONLY TRADE IT TO PEOPLE THAT I THINK DESERVE MY STUFF FOR BEING GREAT FRIENDS TO ME AND CAUSE THEY ALWAYS HELP ME.

He already have my magnezone and he still have one credit on my thread BUT I want give him 4 more credits.

And I repeat one thing, If I'm the kind of person that like to rip people why sometimes I give free stuff when I don't need anything?

That's all.

PS. You can add me to the BL if that makes foibles happy BUT I'm not changing my decission. At least I'm not there for hacking xD

Well i just battled someone named Tunc42 who is a member here and I belive his pokemon are hacked. My specs jolteon used shadow ball vs his gliscor whilst it was at 25% health. His gliscor did not die. I asked him what its ev spread was and he said it was 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe. I then battled a friend whos gliscor took over 50% damage from the same attack from the same jolteon. This leads me to belive his pokemon was hacked and when I confronted him he said he only thinks thats his gliscors ev spread and that he got it from a friend. How ever the first time I asked him he seemed pretty sure. His friend code is 3566 9167 4322 and the link to his profile is http://www.smogon.com/forums/member.php?u=35474. Just a heads up but if I am wrong please say.

Yes, it's true, I'm not a liar!
My friend's Gliscor was cheat: before a guy did an hacktest and it resulted cheat!
Sorry GM, sorry to all of you but I'm not an hacker of Pokémon..

Nominating mudkipz94 for the blacklist for using pokemon breaking the 510 EV limit (hacks).

I noticed that some solid OHKO's that I plan on weren't OHKOing, which raised some eyebrows with me. On the advice of those in IRC, I requested that he enter the trade lobby so I could write down stats and check EV's. I sent TWO pm's asking him to go. He waited on wifi for about 5 minutes, promptly left without accepting my trade requests, and then left, saying he had to go offline. After my second PM, I got this

i got most of them a friend so there all good. thanks anyways im alreay offline recieving this, we can do this tommoro if you'd like though. and good game very very close
We've all heard this routine from hackers before, but that's no reason to blacklist someone. I decided to run some calculations based on events that happened in our battle. Unfortunately, I use diamond version and could not record the battle. This is the key fact, but I can repost the whole PM if need be.

A standard LeadApe (his Infernape) is a guaranteed OHKO'd from my standard Lead Metagross. If it ran 252 HP/252 Def, the Infernape would lose 67.70% - 79.78%, which fits with the 3/4ths damage done by my Meta's EQ. Ok, let's say he was stupid enough to run that spread. Assuming the MAXIMUM possible Sp. Atk on his Infernape, he deals 133.55% - 157.24%, which gets cut in half by Occa berry, also matching what happened in our game. So he got a high damage roll, on top of running max Sp. Atk with max Defense and max HP, which completely bypasses the 510 EV limit.

Anyways, someone prove me wrong and I'll delete this post. I also don't appear to be the most... eloquent when it comes to writing this post, so I can clarify text if need be.

ok well the pokemon was recieved from a friend. when i first joined this site he loaned me the pokemon until i was finished breeding my team. after explaining to him the story he claimed that the infernape was 250 def, 250 spa, 10 speed. (i recall metagross's earthquake putting me in red hp although, and infernape's fire blast putting metagross a little bit higher hp than you claim. did you record the battle?) i really and trully dont know if the pokemon are hacks or not but i'm sorry for the trouble caused if they are. blacklist me if need be but if so can you please clarify to me what the cause is. thank you in advance.

ok well the pokemon was recieved from a friend. when i first joined this site he loaned me the pokemon until i was finished breeding my team. after explaining to him the story he claimed that the infernape was 250 def, 250 spa, 10 speed. (i recall metagross's earthquake putting me in red hp although, and infernape's fire blast putting metagross a little bit higher hp than you claim. did you record the battle?) i really and trully dont know if the pokemon are hacks or not but i'm sorry for the trouble caused if they are. blacklist me if need be but if so can you please clarify to me what the cause is. thank you in advance.
It's quite simple really. With the damage your Infernape withstood, it needed 252 HP/252 Def (with a neutral nature). However, it dealt damage similar to 252 SpA, so you violated the 510 EV limit, which is either done with certain codes or hacks. You could have made this episode much simpler by accepting my trade invite. I still am interested in recording the stats of your team.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Nominating mudkipz94 for the blacklist for using pokemon breaking the 510 EV limit (hacks).

I noticed that some solid OHKO's that I plan on weren't OHKOing, which raised some eyebrows with me. On the advice of those in IRC, I requested that he enter the trade lobby so I could write down stats and check EV's. I sent TWO pm's asking him to go. He waited on wifi for about 5 minutes, promptly left without accepting my trade requests, and then left, saying he had to go offline. After my second PM, I got this

We've all heard this routine from hackers before, but that's no reason to blacklist someone. I decided to run some calculations based on events that happened in our battle. Unfortunately, I use diamond version and could not record the battle. This is the key fact, but I can repost the whole PM if need be.

A standard LeadApe (his Infernape) is a guaranteed OHKO'd from my standard Lead Metagross. If it ran 252 HP/252 Def, the Infernape would lose 67.70% - 79.78%, which fits with the 3/4ths damage done by my Meta's EQ. Ok, let's say he was stupid enough to run that spread. Assuming the MAXIMUM possible Sp. Atk on his Infernape, he deals 133.55% - 157.24%, which gets cut in half by Occa berry, also matching what happened in our game. So he got a high damage roll, on top of running max Sp. Atk with max Defense and max HP, which completely bypasses the 510 EV limit.

Anyways, someone prove me wrong and I'll delete this post. I also don't appear to be the most... eloquent when it comes to writing this post, so I can clarify text if need be.
Well I don't know If I can post about this, but if not, sorry.
I'm posting to say that this guy have the reason since I battled Mudkipz too and I was running the same Metagross versus his Infernape and when I EQ him, his Infernape survived like with 45% of health.
If I can't post just delete this post.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Err maybe we have a hacker here

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57285

First, his thread looks exactly like mine
Second, his Lucario, Scizor, Dusknoir, Porygon-Z, Absol, Clefable and Snorlax have the same Iv's except for 1-2 Iv's but you can check his IV's with the Ivs of my pokemon and you will see that they are basically the same, except that he is changing one IV.

So I guess that the guy is a hacker and he copied the IV's of my pokemon and maybe he just changed one IV.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid =/

EDIT: Some proof

His Absol

Nature: Adamant Ability: Super Luck
Individual Values: 28 / 31 / 25 / 19 / 23 / 31

Mine Absol

Nature: Hasty Ability: Super Luck
Individual Values: 28 / 31 / 25 / 31 / 23 / 31

The Ivs in red are the ones that he changed

His Snorlax

Nature: Adamant Ability: Thick Fat
Individual Values: 31 / 31 / 31 /02/ 31 / 31

Mine

Nature: Adamant Ability: Thick Fat
Individual Values: 31 / 31 / 31 /02/ 26 / 31

His Clefable

Nature: Adamant Ability: Magic Guard
Individual Values: 30 / 31 / 29 /31/ 31 / 31

Mine

Nature: Adamant Ability: Magic Guard
Individual Values: 30 / 31 / 29 /31/ 25 / 31

EDIT 2: I was checking his other pokes and they are the same pokes he just changed one IV xD

mingot

free agent
@ Dark Ryu - I went through all of this guys Pokemon and it's pretty ridiculous. You happen to have every pokemon he has. Even when you only have one nature it happens to be the same as his, with the exception of the Absol, which he downgraded to adamant. He was prone to replacing 31 with 21 and vice versa.

This is blatant.

Blacklisting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)