Wi-Fi Blacklist: as of January 30th, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
@demondragon0: Thanks for coming forward with this information as you have been suspected for some time now. It's better this way than otherwise, but this still means you cannot operate a trade topic until you have respectfully regained the trust from the smogon wifi community again.

Oh, so the person who actually said to me that your pokemons were hacked is right? >.<

Good for you that you told the truth anyway (:

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Unfortunately that is a yes for as long as it takes until you can re-earn the trust of the smogon wifi community.

Why would we allow you to use AR to create a infinite number of flawless shinies, when all the guys who play it honestly, without cheating theirs ID/SID, have only a few shiny spreads they can use in they game? Do you think it would be fair?
Because I'd be following all the rules laid out in the hacking section of the Wi-Fi Forum rules, maybe? Not to mention the fact that since it would only be necessary for legendaries, there's a limited number of usable spreads anyway, especially when you consider that some shinies look shit, thus you could probably cover all necessary spreads within 2-3 save files, which is easiy done with an emulator

EDIT: Also, if I had a 'mon that had been shinified through such a method, and somebody wanted to trade for it, knowing how it had been created, why should it be dissallowed? That's a little something called fascism

Then, do it the "easy" way, like others did, using an emulator. If it's so easy as you've just said, why mess with something that may put you in the blacklist?

Messing with the ID/SID externally, for me, is a little borderline material. I've abused my ID/SID with some hard work, and even then, I'm not able to get everything I want shiny in good spreads, you expect me to accept the possibility of losing trades to someone who did hack to get the pokes shiny, in the best spreads possible?

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Because I'd be following all the rules laid out in the hacking section of the Wi-Fi Forum rules, maybe? Not to mention the fact that since it would only be necessary for legendaries, there's a limited number of usable spreads anyway, especially when you consider that some shinies look shit, thus you could probably cover all necessary spreads within 2-3 save files, which is easiy done with an emulator

EDIT: Also, if I had a 'mon that had been shinified through such a method, and somebody wanted to trade for it, knowing how it had been created, why should it be dissallowed? That's a little something called fascism
Sorry to step butt in, but there is also the fact that not all ID/SID combos are legal. If you used an illegal ID/SID combo, then you have a hacked pokemon. It's the same as having a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Jolly caught pokemon, it's not possible and is a hack. Therefore, if you traded that pokemon to someone and they used it for a tournament, they could easily get kicked out of it because of the ID/SID combo.

Then, do it the "easy" way, like others did, using an emulator. If it's so easy as you've just said, why mess with something that may put you in the blacklist?

Messing with the ID/SID externally, for me, is a little borderline material. I've abused my ID/SID with some hard work, and even then, I'm not able to get everything I want shiny in good spreads, you expect me to accept the possibility of losing trades to someone who did hack to get the pokes shiny, in the best spreads possible?
Totally agree.
Besides that, ID/SID abusing is so easy... The playing through is the part that sucks.xD

But even so: There are many pokes that look ugly in shiny so what the hell...

And come on Pehu we had this already that often, ID/SID hacking and whatever. Spare your time explaining why this is weak, rather RNG some nice things and show how it's done the right way;)

Btw Pehu: DMP, my catch for today. Delay 2600, hit it on the third try and that was on Platinum!^^ I seem to get a hang of it :)

Sorry to step butt in, but there is also the fact that not all ID/SID combos are legal. If you used an illegal ID/SID combo, then you have a hacked pokemon. It's the same as having a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Jolly caught pokemon, it's not possible and is a hack. Therefore, if you traded that pokemon to someone and they used it for a tournament, they could easily get kicked out of it because of the ID/SID combo.
Oh yeah, I know, but I'd use combos that came out of the Pandora's Box. How else would you figure out which ID/SID to use, anyway?

I can't, because I don't have a flashcart, so I can't trade to my actual games if I used an emulator. Not to mention that ROMs are illegal. If you think theft is more acceptable than a bit of minor game-tweaking to something that is controllable anyway, well, you've got some strange morals.

And who said you can't own a original game, dump the rom and play it in a flashcart? I do it on Soul Silver, that I own original, but use it on a Cyclo DS, so... ?

Minor tweak or not, it's considered illegal by most of the Smogon Community, except for a few guys that do not want to work out and finish lots of games just for the ID/SID shiny abused pokes.

Anyway, time to end this discussion. We shared our views on it, if it's not enough, you could always try your luck and do it, to see the moderators' view on the subject.

Bye.

And who said you can't own a original game, dump the rom and play it in a flashcart? I do it on Soul Silver, that I own original, but use it on a Cyclo DS, so... ?
...because I don't have a flashcart? Also, even making backup ROMs of games is illegal in some countries.

this message board is not a democracy, and has never pretended to be one.

it's a dictatorship, and if you don't like it, don't participate. :toast:
dictatorship =/= fascism.

A dictatorship is when you have a nonelected ruler. Fascism is when you have to do everything the way one person says. So if all parties concerned are in agreement on something, then they should be able to proceed with it. If the person in charge tries to stop them because they're doing something that they wouldn't personally do, then that's fascism.
Obviously, there are some exceptions, such as drug dealing, but that's illegal because it generally involves taking advantage of people who are addictd to a drug, and the fact that illegal drugs are very dangerous and potentially lethal. If you can somehow come up with a parallel to this for SID hacking, then it's not fascism. 'till then, it is.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ok, it's facism, and still against the rules. The great thing is that this isn't a country where you are stuck with and instead of your civil rights we're dealing with Pokemon. If you don't like it, go trade at one of the other hundreds of Pokemon boards.

With all due respect, could you please direct me to these rules? Because it certainly isn't these ones...
The use of some AR codes can get you banned

and hacking your ID/SID would be something in that direction.
(at least for me)

I mean there are some AR Codes I accept although I don't even own an AR, but there is this clause which states that the use of it can get you banned,
and for that it doesn't matter if you're telling that you used it or not.

With all the tools and guides we have RNGing became that easy, I mean come on...

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
With all due respect, could you please direct me to these rules? Because it certainly isn't these ones...
- Trading Pokemon which have been made shiny through the use of codes and/or Pokesav to directly alter a trainer ID or SID is forbidden.

In fairness, I did just add the rule, because it was obviously not clear. It has been a defacto rule, though, for a long enough time that it should have already been done.

I trust this will bring this matter to a close.

First time I'm actually reporting anyone, but Ghizz definitely is offering hacked Pokémon. Here he is offering to trade me one.. (A claimed BP finished in... 20 minutes without the use of RNG apparently..!) Emerald hatched Pokémon can't be level 1, and it is very unlikely he'd ever get a soft reset Pokémon like this one in 20 minutes...

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2667543&postcount=706

Ughhhhh Miria!
Your one lucky person! it only took me about 75 eggs.
and to be even more lucky, it turned out flawless.......
it took me like more than 500+ eggs to get my houndoom to be near flawless ):

Adamant Skitty
<Egg hatched/ Capable of Taking Hits>
31/31/31/31/31/31
Level 1. UT Female!
Cute Charm
Moveset:
Tutor: BodySLAM, Mimic
Egg Moves: Wish
Random Crap Birth Move: Tail Whip <3

is that alright? or shall i keep breeding?
Continued here:
you asked for tutored!
so i flew to blackthorn or whatever it was called
and tutored?
level 1 cause it was hatched?

Male Togetic with Wish + Female Delcatty = Lv.1 Skitty with Wish.
Tutored Body Slam + Mimic = Wish/BodySlam/Mimic/Tailwhip...
A few minutes earlier he is in Simple Questions and Requests thread asking for free Pokémon to start a thread here:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2667278&postcount=4886

Hey im a new user of the smogon forums,
and i was wondering if anyone could send me some pokes so i can start having a trade thread and stuff (:
i want to get into the competitive/trading scene and I can clone so you can have your pokes back (:
is anyone kind and generous enough? thanks (:
Read all pages of this incident here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67986&page=29

Also backing up Miria just because you're a nice person. You tutor at Battle Frontier in Emerald, blackthorn is in johto, and you must be REALLY dumb if you can't remember the fact you tutored something in battle frontier. Also, its lvl 1. I don't even think its possible to GET a lvl 1 poke in emerald without hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)