1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

[Wi-Fi Tournament] Exploring new UU! (Round 4)

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi Tournaments' started by LightningFusion, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LightningFusion

LightningFusion
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

*insert banner here* (I lost the image adress, will be up soon)

Rules
    • Format will of course be UU and below. Check the Pokemon eligible for this tournament: UU / NU - NFE Pokemon are allowed as long as they do not belong to a different tier already (Uber / OU / BL), with the exception being Hippopotas and Snover.
    • Wi-Fi Tournament Rules - You can read and get up to date with all the hosting rules and common clauses for these type of Tournaments.
    • The UU Tournament will allow 16-32 players maximum. The tournament format will be single elimination. There will be substitute places available as there are always lame people who do not complete their matches.
    • Players will be given 1 week to complete their matches. There will be no extensions to this deadline. If a match is not completed, the one whom demonstrated more activity will move on. If neither player showed activity, they both might be dropped or the outcome will be decided based on a flip.
    • All battles will be Singles 6 vs 6 Auto-level 100.
    • Only people who have or have had active trade threads may participate in this Tournament. Sorry generic random Wi-Fi lurker!
    Clauses
    • Sleep Clause
    • Species Clause
    • OHKO moves Clause
    • Evasion Clause
    • NO Hacked Pokemon
    • NO Weather
    Prizes
    • Prizes will be awarded to the top finishers of the tournament. I am currently accepting donations for prizes, but I will only accept 7 prize donations total. So far negator, Tase and Destroyer have donated prizes.
    Announcements
    • Changes to the Rules and Clauses sections have been added above so make sure you read them before you get your team ready.
    • I have plans to start an OU Tournament, if it gets approved of course, when we are down to Round 3 for this tournament, so keep an eye out for sign ups on the OU Tournament.
    • Due to the new changes in the UU tier, Donphan and Dugtrio are now allowed and Umbreon will be disallowed to be used from Round 2 and onwards.
    Pairings
    Jigo vs Fightgar
    Honchkrow vs Scruffy

Deadline
    This Round will be over on Sunday August 2nd.

I am posting this for Pablo. He asked me to because he went on vacation and will be back within the next week. The deadline is not official, I wasn't told what day by Pablo.
  2. Itsuki

Itsuki
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Pairings
    Jigo vs Fightgar
    Honchkrow vs Scruffy - Winner.

I think the dealine would be August 1st as its a week for each round counting the day of the thread being post.
  3. LightningFusion

LightningFusion
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I just looked at the previous ones and all the deadlines have been on a sunday. Thanks though

Pairings
    Jigo vs Fightgar - Jigo has beat me before and is pretty good.
    Honchkrow vs Scruffy - I don't know either of them.
  4. BlakBlastoise

BlakBlastoise

Jigo vs Fightgar - My real name starts with a J. His screen name starts with a J. I can't possibly get this prediction wrong.

Honchkrow vs Scruffy - Scruffy will win it all. Bring on the pressure.
  5. Fightgar

Fightgar

Alright, thanks for posting it LFusion, I sent a PM over to jigo and hopefully we can get our battle done :D
  6. dachickens

dachickens

Jigo vs Fightgar
    Honchkrow vs Scruffy
  7. Geren

Geren

Jigo vs Fightgar - I don't know how theybattle, but I know Jigo has plays UU a lot :)
    Honchkrow vs Scruffy - GO GO GO SCRUFFY!
  8. Erodent

Erodent

Jigo vs Fightgar
    Honchkrow vs Scruffy

Jigo appears to be good at just about anything, but Scruffy still takes it all
    Good luck guys!
  9. TheForgottenSoul

TheForgottenSoul

Agreed here. My bet is that Scruffy will win it all.
  10. Massi

Massi

Fled at 6-6, the battle would've taken hours.. gg
  11. Scruffy

Scruffy

I realize that, but I really, Really wish you could of fought it out even while knowing that. It was a pretty interesting match.

Edit with the pm Honchcrow sent me last night:

12. Jigo

Jigo

OH MY GOD I hope you dont have a stall team, Scruffy.

I won against Fightgar, GG again!
  13. Fightgar

Fightgar

yea confirming the loss, good game jigo and good luck against scruffy :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)