WiFi and OU: "Rag Tag" Team

This is a team I'm working on building for Wi-Fi battles, but I'm testing and playing it in simulators in OU, making sure it's competatively capable. There isn't a gimmick, and the name was given by a friend who was watching me test it, rather successfully a few times.
Images from Serebii
Also, I included their nicknames. I feel they're important.

The point of this team, after all is said and done, is to break out of the more popular OU pokemon, and try to string a group together that would be suprising and unusal, though not based on the Gimmick of being suprising and unusual to point, as everything on my team can stand alone pretty well, but more importantly, works together well as a team, covering each other, allowing crazy switches, and winning battles.

Nickname: Raider
Arcanine @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Nature: Adamant
- Extreme Speed
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

This guy does a few things on this team. For starters, I went w/ Flash Fire rather than Intimidate to allow him to switch in on Fire moves (Which threaten Mawile, Scissor and hurt Dry Skin Heliolisk) without penalty, and because of his rather suicidal build, it certainly helps keep him alive, and that 240 base Flare Blitz isn't something to be scoffed at. He's also a beast vs. Sun threats. Generally though, he acts as an early heavy hitter or a great cleaner.
Nickname: Got the nickname idea from Berzerk, namely Hawk's Raiders

Nickname: Vigilante
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Speed
Nature: Impish
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Protect
Who hasn't seen this set before? Okay. No big surprises here. This guy is my big ol beefy physical wall, my go to switch vs. SE EQ (Good cover for Arcanine and Mawile), and otherwise just cancer for everybody. I run Rock Slide because it gives me some more coverage, and a way to deal w/ Talonflame, and pop the occasional Ballon, and with his higher base speed he can get a flinch in if I'm lucky, helping the Stall out. He's a good answer to Sunny problems that kill Arcanine, as well as immune to Sand. Roost is great surviablity. The cap to this guy is that he is also a status Sponge w/ Poison Heal and Toxic Orb protecting him from Sleep, Burn, etc.
Nickname: I ain't sayin he's Batman, but I've never seen him and Batman together

Nickname: Valkyrie
Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate -> Huge Power
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Attack / 132 Speed
Nature: Impish
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Sword Dance
- Fire Fang
This guy fills a similar role to Arcanine in that he put a lot of physical pressure on the field, and cleans up rather nicely. There have, however, been battles where I would just switch him in and out for the intimidate. On my team, he answers physical walls well. Fire Fang gets the 4x agsinst Forretress and Ferrothorn and is great coverage on this guy. Sucker Punch is his saving grace though, with his low speed, he needs priority. Play Rough is my STAB of choice. Swords Dance is great if Intimidate forces the switch, and getting that +2 on Mawile can be a huge game changer.
Nickname: All of my usable Mawiles have been female... The name seemed only right

Nickname: Panzer
Scissor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs:
Nature:
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Defog
- U-Turn
This guys primary role is Defogging away rocks. He serves well, and can even revenge kill a little bit w/ some priority. He can deal damage, but mostly serves as a defensive pivot for things Gliscor doesn't want to deal with to help get things like Arcanine and Meinshao out with a safe U-Turn or to draw out fire moves.
Nickname: It's the German word for tank, because who else but the Germans would wear a coat made of metal and then become more BA?

Nickname: Drifter
Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Attack / 4 Sp. Def / 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- U-Turn
Mienshao adds an odd element to the team. He's my scout. Fake Out and Knock Off are great tools when out speeding my opponent, and can realy hurt a Stall team. High Jump Kick is the obvious STAB of choice for good damage. U-Turn is the common pair up with Regenerator which both work well with Life Orb adding to his overall damage output. This set up makes him excellant at running out into Stall mons, greatly hindering their ability to stall, and allowing me to pick the appropriate answer with a U-Turn. Knock Off also adds a good answer for predictable Ghost switches for some serious punishment.
Nickname: I've seen Bunraku about seven or eight times now, and the "cowboy with no guns" character is one of my favorites, and is listed in the credits as "The Drifter."

Nickname: The Bard
Heliolisk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Sp. A / 252 Speed / 4 Sp. Def
Nature: Timid
- Surf / HP[Ice] (Depends on final breeding)
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Volt Switch
Pure Speed on top of awesome coverage and the ability to suck up a water hit for no money down. I loved this guy the first time I saw him. Packing surf/HP[Ice] to counter his only weakness for predictable switches. Dark Pulse is for switching into Ghosts like Aegislash using Shadow Sneak or Shadow Ball and getting the faster SE, though other mon on my team can hadle Aegislash well, and usually I just Volt Switch into Gliscor. Thunderbolt allows him to stay out against stronger special Attackers while still getting STAB bonus. The Assault vest is a weird combo in this instance, but with his decent bulk, ability to heal against water moves (one of the common special attacker types), having no weaknesses to anything but Focus Miss and Sp. Lucario and a resistance to Electric make it a nice fit, and has done wonders for me.
Nickname: NOBODY SUSPECTS THE BARD!
___________________________________________________________________________________

Overall
My primary goal here was to try to work a lot of synergy into the team. Every choice on each mon is based not only on the mon itself, but also how it effects the team as a whole. The team has enough immunities to each others' weaknesses to provide excellant switching capabilities: Aracnine can eat fire moves for free for Mawile, Heliolisk can eat water moves for Arcanine, Gliscor can eat Earthquakes for the whole team. As for status effects, almost my whole team is packing immunities. Arcanine not only cannot be burned, but (save Scald) gets a buff from burn attemps; Heliolisk is immune to Paralysis; Maw is immune to Poison; Gliscor, when already poisoned, is effectivly immune to all the major status effects. I've enjoyed the use of this team with careful decesion making and earned many rewarding victories. Goodra and Meinshao are the only ones who needs to worry about status effects, and they have a lot of switch options in those scenarios.
Ultimatly, unless I run into Uber tiers or make poor life choices, I don't ever get quickly swept, and have the fun sort of battles that I love from this game.

------------------Updates-----------------------
[12/18/2013]: Changed Hariyama's EV spreads primarily into Defense w/ Lefti Number. Swapped Skarmory and Starmi for Scissor and Heliolisk.
[1/3/2013]: Swapped Scissor for Mandibuzz
[1/14/2014]: Dropped Mandibuzz and Hariyama. Added Goodra and Mienshao.
[1/21/2014]: Updated post. Altered EV spreads. Alterted text to look like this for information I specifically want help working on.
[1/22/2014]: Brought back Scissor, replacing Goodra. Trying new item set ups and EVs. Added a Strategy section.
[1/23/2014]: Retired team in general.

Last edited:
I think you should change the defense into hp, as that will help bolster your team on showdown and online. really good idea with focus energy. also, try starmie with a few different items on showdown because leftovers might be better replaced with choice specs

Good call on the defence. I switched up his stats, but with a small investment in HP for a Leftovers number.
I'm just dropped a big change based on this, and a few things about my team that bothered me. Swapped Skarm for Scissor Defogger, and Starmi for Speced Heliolisk. I'm dropping the entry hazards. Prior to Skarm, I didn't need them, and I've been doing worse since I picked up Skarm. Just not my cup o' tea. Keeping Hariyama as a phazer though, he's too fun.

Also, about Gliscor: I'm considering a Speed investment to make Roost an overall better choice than Protect. Any idea what a good investment might be?

Thanks for the first review btw. =)

Last edited:
I really like the idea, but you should think about something, that will help you dealing with those annoying fire-types. You have 3 Pokemon weak to that type, and only one thing that can resist fire-type moves, and it's RK9 w/ LO, so it won't live for long either (that SR weakness is important too). If you only find a way to deal with Chandelure and other similiar things, then I am sure you will be succesful! I would swap out either Mawile or Scizor for some bulky physical water type, but that's just mine suggestion.
Cheers.

I've been considering swapping out Scissor... but I don't really know what to drop in. I need something w/ Defog or Rapid Spin. Tentacruel is nice, but it's easy to spin block. I was actually thinking a Special Defense trained Mandibuzz w/ Over Coat(ability), Knock Off, Defog, Roost, and Taunt. It'd fill out my team nicely, but the only trade off is it's weak to the rocks it is going to get rid of.

I love the Hariyama in here.
It's a shame about the Scizor being swapped out, but it's for the same reason that can't have a Scizor in my party, which I originally contemplated, so I can empathise.
I didn't realise Mandibuzz was so capable of face-tanking, it's definitely an interesting choice. I'm assuming it's not a hugely common Poke in competitive play?

Sorry, this isn't much of a rating, I don't really have much expertise in this area yet.

Last edited:
I don't really play singles, but I definitely see the synergy here and it has a little but of anti meta elements. I think your ev spreads need to be more refined. I'm not sure what the singles meta is, but check to see that you can counter all of the most relevant pokemon. After that, figure out which pokemon checks who and give them the smallest amount of evs they need to fulfill each tasks. I like to turn ohko into 2hkos and 2hkos to 3hko personally. Overall, very good looking team.

Hey, me again!

I see why you maxed HP on Arcanine--there is nothing worse than dying because of losing the recoil war because of the HP difference. I looked up a list of pokemon that Arcanine outruns with 4 Speed EV's and the list is basically limited to walls, bulky waters, non-Chloryphyll Venusaur, Skarmory (and as we both know, fuck Skarmory), uninvested Aegislash, Diggersby, and Magnezone. I know the Life Orb is enticing, but Flare Blitz and Life Orb MUST limit Raider's survivability and I can't imagine that it gets more than one KO ever. I am assuming that you must play him by having him switch into an obvious mismatch and recall him immediately after doing damage (cause he's definitely not outrunning anything at 95 base speed), which seems like Choice Band or Choice Scarf would be the better option (since he is moving in and out of battle so often anyways).

Arcanine can't last very long if he takes 25% Stealth Rocks damage every switch-in and a further 10% for every life orb hit plus whatever crazy recoil percentage from flare blitz and wild charge.

I DO like how you chose Flash Fire so you could get the boost from switching him in on Fire moves directed at your Mawile. This shows a lot of forsight--and I am sure that you could get a few easy KO's on unsuspecting opponents (who haven't dealt with a team like this before), but I can't help but think that your Arcanine is going to have survival issues--especially since he will most often be having to tank a hit whenever he stays in since he is slower than so many foes.

Your Goodra is terrifyingly bulky, but is all that Special Defense really necessary given the Assault vest? With the vest and 252HP/252SpAtk, I would imagine that opponents would be more leery about staying in against your Goodra. Otherwise I am imagining a Swords Dance Scizor roosting away your damage and setting up on you. I like the set--and BoltBeam works nice in this specific case, but keep Fire Blast as an option in your head just in case you end up needing your Special Attacker Goodra to take out a pesky steel--especially since Special Attacker Aegislash is becoming more common recently.

Your U-Turn Mienshao is just plain money.

Just curious, but what does your MegaMaw set outrun with those EV's?

EDIT: Wanna trade a Mandibuzz for one of my Larvitar? ;)

So my Arcanine actually HAS full Speed investment currently. ^.^ Forgot to change that ages ago. Thanks for pointing that out though. Working on changing it.
Otherwise, about Arcanine, he actually fills one of two roles. In the event of a strong team with what looks like a suicide lead (Glavantual, Forretress, Foerrothorn, etc.) I like to lead w/ Arcanine. It gets the KO pretty easy, and if they don't have Focus Sash, I prevent rocks because the KO or because the switch. In cases where I don't see a suicide lead, I save him for a predictable burn or fire move, or pull him out for a revenge kill w/ XtremeSpeed. I've considered Choice Band, but LO gives me the option to change moves as needed since he has such great coverage.

I like Goodra, but honestly, still thinking about replacing it. It was there to fill in as a Special Wall, which my team sorely lacks otherwise, but I'm honestly thinking about getting a different special wall, perhaps one that can Defog or Rapid Spin, but am currently stumped as to what I should use. Advice? TTar might be nice for a Special Wall, but that still leaves me down a Defog/Spinner. I've considered the Hitmon family, since the can Rapid Spin (And Lee can Knock Off, covering most Spin Blockers), but that gives me two fighting types. This is the hardest slot on my team I've had filling with the perfect mon.

My EV spreads are currently arbitrary, and generally aimed at role fulfilling rather than taking down specific threats. Rather than having specific mons to counter man elements of meta, I planned my team around being able to generally play around any sort of set up, since surprises are everywhere. I would like to mess around with them though, but I haven't had time to either retrain my mons or research the current meta staples. As for Mawile, I found this set up on a thread and tried it out, and it works better than any set up I had before for survival, damage, and outruns better than my old set, though I'm not sure the specifics of what it outruns though.

Thanks for the advice everybody. =)

I like your team, instead of using Pokemon that are used so much they can be easily predicted you use a few Pokemon barely seen in competitive play to keep your opponent guessing what you're going to do, I think your team has room for even more improvement, there are some changes I suggest that will make your team work better
First of all Arcanine is a great Pokemon, it gives your team a fire immunity which helps Mawile and Heliolisk quite a lot, but with LO recoil and Flare Blitz+Wild Charge it's not going to last long, I suggest replacing Wild Charge with Morning Sun, it's actually not hard to use, as a fire type it's going to force switches often so you can heal off damage when they switch in a counter, thanks to your team's fantastic type synergy you can easily switch to another teammate without taking any damage (if your opponent doesn't outsmart you that is)

As for Gliscor based on personal experience, Protect works way better than Roost in most situations, the healing from Poison Heal is often more than enough unless it has to take Ice Punches or Waterfalls, Rock Slide is a good option seeing how much dangerous Talonflame can be, but Knock Off is worth considering as it can cripple a switch or anything that decides to stay in, as for the EV spread I think it's good, but you can swap out some Defense EVs for Speed for outrunning certain threats if needed

I think Mawile is a really underrated Mega, the team actually supports it nicely by being immune to both of it's weaknesses, you can swap out Fire Fang with Swords Dance as after a boost it's really hard to deal with, if you manage to get rid of the opposing team's steel type they're not going to last long against this beast, I don't really know what the speed EVs are for but I personally would run 252 HP, 252 Attack and 4 Speed, max HP gives it more bulk allowing it to take hits better while setting up, though your own spread will probably work better with the set that doesn't use SD.

There's not much to say about Goodra, it's a ridiculously specially defensive tank that sponges special hits like they're nothing and hits back hard, I suggest Max Special Attack to hurt opposing Pokemon as much as possible, the rest of the EVs can be divided between HP and Def, it doesn't need Special Def EVs since it's already bulky enough with an assault vest, Ice beam should be replaced with Fire Blast to roast steel types that would cause troubles for it, a good example is Ferrothorn as it resists all of it's move and is only hit neutrally by Ice Beam.

Mienshao shouldn't be running a set that gives it bulk since it's bulk is almost non existent, with Regenerator you don't need Leftovers, this is the set I suggest:
Nature: Naive/Hasty
EVs:
252 Attack
4 Special Attack
252 Speed
Moveset:
High Jump Kick
Stone Edge/Rock Slide
U-Turn
HP Ice
this set worked wonders for me in Gen V and it's barely any different in Gen VI, HP Ice allows you to hit a lot of Pokemon for super effective damage, landing a KO if they've taken some prior damage, it's quite usable since Mienshao has an often overlooked base 95 Special attack.
also you can replace it with Scizor entirely to aid your team further especially Arcanine since Stealth Rocks ruin it, a bulky defog set is totally viable and it's access to U-Turn allows you to scout the opposing team, Technician bullet punch, even when uninvested can pick off weakened Pokemon not resistant to it, defog and roost are the last two moves, allowing you to keep hazards away and keep Scizor healthy with roost throughout the match
I believe the bulky SD EV Spread (Adamant, 248 HP, 48 Attack, 216 Special Defense) can work, or a fully defensive EV spread (Careful nature, 248 HP, 8 Def, 252 Special Defense).

I think Heliolisk is fine, except that Dark Pulse can be replaced with HP Ice, however if you're using it to counter Aeigislash it's a good idea, but it's still not powerful enough to KO it if it's healthy.

Overally your team is great, with some minor changes it can be very successful, even more than it is right now.

The thing about Meinshao, I went with the HP investment because he switches in on Stalls and Walls, and because of things like Stealth Rock. Being able to switch in and out more often, even with hazards on the field, can make him a huge threat. Knock Off here makes him my main go to to deal with most Walls and Stalls, as well as being resistant to Dark (and therefore Foul Play and Knock Off). Since I have Knock Off here, I don't need it on Gliscor.

As for Gliscor, if I dropped Rock Slide for Knock Off... I have no real Talonflame counter. At the very least, my Gliscor can eat some attacks from TFlame and KO him with a Toxic and unexpected Rockslide, since he isn't weak to Ice Fang. This means, he probably won't switch out thinking he can KO my Def Wall. I'm also working on the Calcs to get a "Leftovers" number that works w/ Poison Heal, and reinvest the excess HP into Speed, which will help Roost out too. I prefer Roost to Protect for better longevity, but that's me.

EDIT: Also, Rock Slide on this guy helps take down Pinsir as well.

I'm not touching Heliolisk. Dark Pulse makes him a great switch into Ghosts and Surf makes him great for predictable switches into his weaknesses. Offense invest Aegislash who don't pack King's Shield are screwed vs. Heliolisk, and others only have the slower Sacred Sword to deal with him.

Morning Sun on Arcanine might be useful, but I'd drop Close Combat if anything. I've got other Fighting covers on my team, and people like to switch in Water types on him, and Gyrados and Azumarill don't like Electric moves, but both resist Fighting moves. Plus, if I don't OHKO on the switch, ExtremeSpeed can probably clean up. With Morning Sun, I could heal on switches, and jump out myself for a counter. Morning Sun might be a good idea, and I will try it out.

Mawile's spread is based on the Mawile thread here on Smogon. It outspeeds several threats, and the HP gives it more Longevity than other def stats.

Overall, Goodra and Meinshao are the only Mons I'm thinking about replacing at all. I need to work on everybody's EV spreads. Arcanine to worry about what it can/needs to out speed and put the rest in HP for longevity. Gliscor as mentioned above for more speed. Mawile is fine. Heliolisk, with Specs, to see if it wouldn't be worth it to invest in more HP or Def and lower his speed a bit while still out speeding most things.

As far as roles, I'm still looking for a good Defogger/Spinner that balances out my team, and possibly a different Sp. Wall.

Last edited:
Hello,

I would switch up your Heliolisk set just a hair. It may have shaky accuracy, but Focus Blast can OHKO specially defensive Tyranitar. While Surf is a 3HKO. Focus Bast also 2HKOs defensive Rotom-W. Granted T-bolt does more, but most teams have ground types and/or abilities that make can make locking yourself into T-bolt a bad decision. In those situations you would need to use Dark Pulse with your current set which is a 3HKO on Defensive Rotom-W.

252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 364-432 (90 - 106.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Surf vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 138-164 (34.1 - 40.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 164-193 (53.9 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 109-129 (35.8 - 42.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Aside from Tyranitar and Rotom it Focus Blast also gives you another out against common steel types like Heatran and Ferrothorn.

252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 240-284 (62.1 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 306-360 (86.9 - 102.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice/Dark Pulse

In the last slot I would run HP Ice or Dark Pulse depending on your need, either would provide great coverage. I typically run HP Ice for stuff like Dragonite, Gliscor, Landorus-T, etc.

Hello,

I would switch up your Heliolisk set just a hair. It may have shaky accuracy, but Focus Blast can OHKO specially defensive Tyranitar. While Surf is a 3HKO. Focus Bast also 2HKOs defensive Rotom-W. Granted T-bolt does more, but most teams have ground types and/or abilities that make can make locking yourself into T-bolt a bad decision. In those situations you would need to use Dark Pulse with your current set which is a 3HKO on Defensive Rotom-W.

252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 364-432 (90 - 106.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Surf vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 138-164 (34.1 - 40.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 164-193 (53.9 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 109-129 (35.8 - 42.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Aside from Tyranitar and Rotom it Focus Blast also gives you another out against common steel types like Heatran and Ferrothorn.

252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 240-284 (62.1 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 306-360 (86.9 - 102.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice/Dark Pulse

In the last slot I would run HP Ice or Dark Pulse depending on your need, either would provide great coverage. I typically run HP Ice for stuff like Dragonite, Gliscor, Landorus-T, etc.
Highlighted the things I'm referencing. First off, I don't have SR on my team. So the "KO after Stealth Rock" is not a reliable calc. Not that I'm saying I don't like Focus Blast by any means. I'm considering it despite it's shakey accuracy.
Which brings me to my next point. I'm not gonna drop Dark Pulse OR Surf. They both are niche moves on my team (for reasons I've stated), one is the only Water move I have, the other is great at hitting the Ghosts this guy can switch into. As far as HP[Ice] goes... I'm running this on my 3DS. I don't care for the rigamarole of going through and breeding an HP[Ice] Heliolisk when surf is plenty good. HOWEVER, if my final Heliolisk gets HP[Ice], sure, I'm down for that. I might, however, switch out TBolt for Focus Miss, since I've never ran into a reason to keep using TBolt more than once (due to predictability and the high number of Ground Types), and Volt Switch is great STAB coverage as it were, especially w/ Choice Specs.

The thing about Meinshao, I went with the HP investment because he switches in on Stalls and Walls, and because of things like Stealth Rock. Being able to switch in and out more often, even with hazards on the field, can make him a huge threat. Knock Off here makes him my main go to to deal with most Walls and Stalls, as well as being resistant to Dark (and therefore Foul Play and Knock Off). Since I have Knock Off here, I don't need it on Gliscor.

As for Gliscor, if I dropped Rock Slide for Knock Off... I have no real Talonflame counter. At the very least, my Gliscor can eat some attacks from TFlame and KO him with a Toxic and unexpected Rockslide, since he isn't weak to Ice Fang. This means, he probably won't switch out thinking he can KO my Def Wall. I'm also working on the Calcs to get a "Leftovers" number that works w/ Poison Heal, and reinvest the excess HP into Speed, which will help Roost out too. I prefer Roost to Protect for better longevity, but that's me.

EDIT: Also, Rock Slide on this guy helps take down Pinsir as well.

I'm not touching Heliolisk. Dark Pulse makes him a great switch into Ghosts and Surf makes him great for predictable switches into his weaknesses. Offense invest Aegislash who don't pack King's Shield are screwed vs. Heliolisk, and others only have the slower Sacred Sword to deal with him.

Morning Sun on Arcanine might be useful, but I'd drop Close Combat if anything. I've got other Fighting covers on my team, and people like to switch in Water types on him, and Gyrados and Azumarill don't like Electric moves, but both resist Fighting moves. Plus, if I don't OHKO on the switch, ExtremeSpeed can probably clean up. With Morning Sun, I could heal on switches, and jump out myself for a counter. Morning Sun might be a good idea, and I will try it out.

Mawile's spread is based on the Mawile thread here on Smogon. It outspeeds several threats, and the HP gives it more Longevity than other def stats.

Overall, Goodra and Meinshao are the only Mons I'm thinking about replacing at all. I need to work on everybody's EV spreads. Arcanine to worry about what it can/needs to out speed and put the rest in HP for longevity. Gliscor as mentioned above for more speed. Mawile is fine. Heliolisk, with Specs, to see if it wouldn't be worth it to invest in more HP or Def and lower his speed a bit while still out speeding most things.

As far as roles, I'm still looking for a good Defogger/Spinner that balances out my team, and possibly a different Sp. Wall.
A good defogger as I suggested is Scizor, it can take special hits well with the special defense investment and Arcanine helps it with it's single fire weakness while it helps Arcanine (and the rest of the team too) with it's access to Defog and giving a flash fire boost to Arcanine if a fire type switches in, also I forgot to suggest Charchoal or leftovers for Arcanine, but if you're going to replace one of the current moves with Morning Sun they're not needed, Goodra is good, there are better options but I think it works fine on the team since it can take special hits really well and hit a lot of things hard with it's coverage moves.

I've play tested this team with among several varients for weeks now, and I think it just doesn't have the potential I want it to have. I am going to go about the process of building another team. I am done with this thread. Thank you all for your help though, I've learned loads using this team and from this thread in particular. For those interested, I will post the link in my Sig later, so check back in a few days for the link.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)