1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

wifi forums?

Discussion in 'Moderator Discussion' started by cloud, Apr 24, 2007.

1. cloud

cloud groove, slam, work it back, filter that baby, bump
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnus

i think we oughta add a wifi sub-forum in UT for wifi trading/battling. maybe even divide that subforum up into those two categories. it'll cater to the newest generation and we'll probably see a lot more traffic (although i'm sure many of you are opposed to this and the kind of people we'll attract :^().

thoughts etc.

also we should rename uncharted territory.
  2. Surgo

Surgo goes to eleven
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Dunno. As far as trading goes that's what the trading board is for, but...

Is there any reason two threads won't suffice? All anyone who wants to battle would really need to check would be the -end- of the thread, and the same goes somewhat for trading as well.
  3. Misty

Misty oh
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Honestly, I don't think trades and battling are really something a forum can do. If we really wanted to support this concept, we'd probably be better off making an IRC channel for it (granted we'd be ripping off #SPP-wifi but whatever).
  4. Steelicks

Steelicks Come here and Battle me!
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

a trading forum would be nice, imo
  5. cloud

cloud groove, slam, work it back, filter that baby, bump
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnus

a lot of people are intimidated by the trading thing you've got, surgo. they prefer just posting what they have/want on a forum; i don't mind catering to them.

and battling is just pc++ really, but we are THE premiere competitive battling source and i don't think we should lose that position. having a battle forum would probably help, i think.
  6. Justin8649

Justin8649
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

There were talks of making a Wi-Fi subforum and I said I would do it the day of the release, but I didn't. We will discuss this on IRC tomorrow and try to find a solution.
  7. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

One of these "I can't see why not, let's try it out and then discard the entire thing if it doesn't work" things, in my opinion.
  8. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

that's kinda what your parents said about you

oh ZING
  9. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

10. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I read this a long time ago and never posted.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)