Tournament Wifi LC Tournament Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello little cuppers, Trainer Zabuza is hosting a LC Wifi Tournament to celebrate his 2 years on youtube. kelsachu and I are helping him co-host it. So here is a video explaining the tournament..

Prize for winning is your choice of a copy of the Hoenn Remakes.

Rules
- Standard LC Rules
- Only 1 Baton Passer on your team
- Misdreavus and Fletchling are allowed no matter what happens in the suspect tests

ROUND 1

Zerro10 v DorojaKyle
ForestSageSilver v pokemonix25
Shir0-Neet- v blarajan
TankPlays v LeeYohXL
Malyyyy v Cizayoxy
2GurlsLittleCup v YusLC
PranksterRiolu v Abom
Mrbigpatoy v Falx28
SeaSlug v Bagden

Byes

LoganWood
Insanelegend
Juubi
KittensDeluxe
rerer
Glickardo
Nudisto

These are all Showdown names. To get in touch with your opponents:

Zerro10, DorojaKyle, ForestSageSilver, pokemonix25, Shir0-Neet-, blarajan, TankPlays, LeeYohXL, Malyyyy, Cizayoxy, LoganWood, Insanelegend, Juubi: contact kelsechu on Skype

2GurlsLittleCup, YusLC, PranksterRiolu, Abom, Mrbigpatoy, Falx28, SeaSlug, Bagden, KittensDeluxe, rerer, Glickardo, Nudisto: contact adam.macle on Skype normally, but contact Trainer Zabuza on Skype for this week.

Please report your win and the score to the tournament host you're contacting with. Failing to contact your opponent and not getting the match done is grounds for an activity loss / forfeit. Please keep in touch with your respective tournament host with activity information.

Deadline: August 24th, 11:59 PM PST

Round 2: Ends August 31st 11:59 PM

Round 3: Ends Sunday September 7th 11:59PM PST

Round 3: Ends Sunday September 21st 11:59PM PST

Last edited:

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
uh i guess smogon is being dumb and wont show the video atm so just remove the [removethisyounoobs] and c/p it #_#

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't suppose people will donate Pokemon?_? And if not are Pokegen'd Pokemon allowed?_? (Does Pokegen even work in gen 6?)

Seriously if any of you want to get into Wifi LC battling talk to Antar, he's been wanting to popularize it for who knows how long.

Why the Baton Pass restriction?
Sure, like I haven't lol, XD

EDIT:
I don't suppose people will donate Pokemon?_? And if not are Pokegen'd Pokemon allowed?_? (Does Pokegen even work in gen 6?)
Pokegenned pokes are fine, and I said in the video I would people pokes if they wanted them.

Last edited:
lmao i actually know how lc works but i'm just saying i don't actually play the tier thoroughly. thanks tho ;]

i have questions tho Trainer Zabuza, macle, Antar

so gen 3 rng (and i guess gen 4 for some people lol) have high level difficulty and it's nearly impossible to legitimately get a flawless extreme speed zigzagoon or most other pomeg pokemon. also very old event pokemon like wish/heal bell lickitung are virtually nonexistent, and especially flawless ones. if these pokemon are supposed to be allowed, then is there actually someone with access to a flashcart/action replay and pokebank who can create legal hacks and distribute them? i know there are distributors but nobody specified if they could do those specifically so this wasn't really addressed. i'm assuming trainer zabuza can do this, but just need confirmation?

also in terms of the tangible prize, apt-get is wondering if international shipping is taken into consideration because u.s. to his location is $$$$$ expensive

[08:58:09] <@apt-get> about the price of the game
[08:58:10] <@apt-get> generally

also finally since i'm assuming this is a tournament open to people outside of smogon as well, how are scheduling rules enforced and what is the main mode of contact for people to get to each other. i certainly don't use youtube that much and i'm fairly certain not all of them use smogon

Last edited:
ium, first off:

Pokegenned pokes are fine.
though that's not what you were asking.

I was going to say that you should still be able to get this stuff from Pokecheck, but I guess Pokecheck has been down for like a month?

I personally provide free 100%* legit Tri Attack/Recover Porygons to whomever wants them (see the LC Pokemon request link in my signature and earlier in this thread).

Edit: Smogon policy forbids the discussion of hacking or the distribution of hacked Pokemon.

Last edited:
I was going to say that you should still be able to get this stuff from Pokecheck, but I guess Pokecheck has been down for like a month?
that and also the fact that wi-fi services for older games were shut down which means that gts in 5th and 4th generation games are unavailable. otherwise, i would've been able to get these specific pokemon myself without having to rely on an external device

also, when i was referring to pomeg glitch pokemon and using pokegen, i was mentioning ones with perfect spreads. it's supposedly legal for the purposes of this tournament but it's not readily available for anyone to get so i was wondering if there was someone who could actually create legal hacks like these and distribute them. it's kind of a shot in the foot if someone can make a flawless zigzagoon to use for example and other people don't have such capabilities or access

that and also the fact that wi-fi services for older games were shut down which means that gts in 5th and 4th generation games are unavailable.
That shouldn't affect Pokecheck, though, should it? Don't their own servers replace all that?

also, when i was referring to pomeg glitch pokemon and using pokegen, i was mentioning ones with perfect spreads. it's supposedly legal for the purposes of this tournament but it's not readily available for anyone to get
If you're *really* too good to make do with a Porygon who is shy 1 point of HP and 1 point of Defense once fully levelled, then aren't we a princess. :-p

so i was wondering if there was someone who could actually create legal hacks like these and distribute them. it's kind of a shot in the foot if someone can make a flawless zigzagoon to use for example and other people don't have such capabilities or access
Edit: Smogon policy forbids the discussion of hacking or the distribution of hacked Pokemon

Last edited:

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
Pokecheck is under maintenance since god knows long so I think the only way to get Ziggy and cia. is having a device such as AR.
EDIT: Unless someone has them, has xy, and Pokebank then we can get it. Its good to try at the trading thread (Wi-fi forums)

Last edited:
yea i already know; was just making it clear. :p the ivs shouldn't matter too greatly anyway if they're close enough as usually level 5 pokemon will only need to dump a little of the extra evs they will almost always have in order to achieve the same stat point raise

i was just raising it as a concern anyway; i don't necessarily need the pokemon. i just wanted to ask so that anyone who participates can have the same capabilities
That shouldn't affect Pokecheck, though, should it? Don't their own servers replace all that?
assuming pokecheck was up, i believe it won't work since the gts itself is down and the game tries to connect to nintendo wi-fi services first anyway. i've tried setting up my own fake gts server in the past and had no success connecting although i'm not sure if that's the same thing as pokecheck. i'm not really well-versed in this stuff lol

so gen 3 rng (and i guess gen 4 for some people lol) have high level difficulty and it's nearly impossible to legitimately get a flawless extreme speed zigzagoon or most other pomeg pokemon. also very old event pokemon like wish/heal bell lickitung are virtually nonexistent, and especially flawless ones. if these pokemon are supposed to be allowed, then is there actually someone with access to a flashcart/action replay and pokebank who can create legal hacks and distribute them? i know there are distributors but nobody specified if they could do those specifically so this wasn't really addressed. i'm assuming trainer zabuza can do this, but just need confirmation?
I could, but I already made it clear that the pokemon I would be giving away would be random teams (they are competitive sets and have some synergy, but you shouldn't rely on SOLEY them)
also in terms of the tangible prize, apt-get is wondering if international shipping is taken into consideration because u.s. to his location is $$$$$ expensive

[08:58:09] <@apt-get> about the price of the game
[08:58:10] <@apt-get> generally
Location isn't an issue, I'm giving this prize out of pocket and I already prepared for a case where someone outside of the US would win the tournament.
also finally since i'm assuming this is a tournament open to people outside of smogon as well, how are scheduling rules enforced and what is the main mode of contact for people to get to each other. i certainly don't use youtube that much and i'm fairly certain not all of them use smogon
If you'll notice on the submission form, all entries are required to have skype, that is the main method of contact in this tournament. You and your opponent would have to work around each other to make it work and an alternative form of contact is required for all entries in the event one isn't responding to the other through skype and a deadline for battle is almost there.
that and also the fact that wi-fi services for older games were shut down which means that gts in 5th and 4th generation games are unavailable. otherwise, i would've been able to get these specific pokemon myself without having to rely on an external device

also, when i was referring to pomeg glitch pokemon and using pokegen, i was mentioning ones with perfect spreads. it's supposedly legal for the purposes of this tournament but it's not readily available for anyone to get so i was wondering if there was someone who could actually create legal hacks like these and distribute them. it's kind of a shot in the foot if someone can make a flawless zigzagoon to use for example and other people don't have such capabilities or access
There are methods to get these pokemon: pokegenning, smogon forums, showdown wifi room, helpful youtubers ect... It's true you're at a slight disadvantage, but there is always a way to get that pokemon if you really wanted to use it on your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)