1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Wifi Singles Team

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Jigglypuff323, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Jigglypuff323

Jigglypuff323

I have no idea how to do this, I'm new here, so... Anyways, here is my team:
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Calm Nature
    - Lava Plume
    - Protect
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic
    Details:
    When people see my team, they think, "Hey, a Politoed". Politoeds are usually the lead of many rain teams, but my team isn't a rain team. As they send out they're Roserade thinking, "I'm going to defeat this Politoed", I send out my Heatran. Very rarely will they send out a Rotom-W. Once my Heatran is out, I immediately use Stealth Rock. It is risky, but worth it. It has Lava Plume for STAB and a chance to burn them, Protect to stall and gain HP from Leftovers, And Toxic because what stall doesn't? When Heatran faints, then I can start sweeping...

[​IMG]
    Politoed (F) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Focus Blast
    - Ice Beam
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    Details:
    Usually, the weather starters go in first, so after I KO their weather starter with Heatran, I send out Politoed. They don't expect that. So my only threat is when another Pokémon uses Roar, and my Politoed gets sent out. After this starts up rain, I usually use Hydro Pump, unless there is something I can use that is super-effective. I attack until Politoed faints. Then, I send out Ludicolo!

[​IMG]
    Ludicolo (M) @ Grass Gem
    Trait: Swift Swim
    Modest Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Blast
    Details: THIS BEAST IS UNSTOPPABLE! WHOOOOOOO! No, actually, it is very stoppable. Especially when a freakin' Volcarona uses Bug Buzz. Yeah, I just copied a Smogon move set. I suck at making them myself. D: It is holding a Grass Gem because Giga Drain tends to be weak sometimes. Unless the weather changed, my Ludicolo can usually out speed most of the Pokémon in Wi-Fi battles.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    These three Pokémon I don't EVER use because they suck. I only have them in my team because I'm required to. But here goes...

[​IMG]
    Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 248 HP / 216 SDef / 44 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Air Slash
    - Nasty Plot
    - Roost
    - Thunder Wave
    Details:
    This set takes a more conventional approach, focusing on Togekiss's fantastic base 115 Special Defense. Once again, Air Slash is a reliable STAB, with its handy 60% flinch chance allowing Togekiss to beat many things it would otherwise struggle with. Roost mitigates damage suffered from Stealth Rock, hail, and other passive sources and does a good job of keeping Togekiss healthy despite its common weaknesses. This set appreciates Heal Bell a lot as it may frequently be called on to switch into Scald from bulky Water-type Pokemon; the resulting burns hamper its longevity and the ability to remove them on a whim is very useful. However, Thunder Wave is still a solid choice, allowing Togekiss to paralyze and flinch faster special attackers that it might otherwise struggle with. Nasty Plot makes Togekiss a fearsome tank, doubling its Special Attack in a single turn. It serves as a vital part of Togekiss's flinching strategy by making sure every flinch counts and allows it to power through walls it would otherwise struggle with. For example, without Nasty Plot, Umbreon would effortlessly wall Togekiss, but with it, Togekiss can boost to +6 against Umbreon and nonchalantly 2HKO it with Air Slash.

[​IMG]
    Salamence (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
    Lonely Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Fire Blast
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    Details:
    Feast your eyes on one of the best Dragon Dance users in BW2 OU. With Dragon Dance, Moxie, and Outrage now legal on the same set, this already powerful set is now so powerful it's ridiculous. Outrage at +1 already hits everything that isn't a Steel-type hard, so how about a +2 Outrage, or even a +3 Outrage? Despite the sheer power behind Outrage, Dragon Claw is always a viable alternative in order to avoid being locked into your STAB move against a Steel-type. For covering said Steel-types, Earthquake is used for hitting Heatran and Jirachi, while Fire Blast is used in order to hit Skarmory, Forretress, and Ferrothorn. However, if Salamence is being used on a Rain team, Hydro Pump is an option to OHKO Gliscor after Stealth Rock; additionally, Hydro Pump still hits Skarmory and Forretress on their weak Special Defense.

[​IMG]
    Roserade (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Timid Nature
    - Leaf Storm
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Sleep Powder
    - Extrasensory
    Details:
    As an illustration of just how much raw power this set has, it can potentially 2HKO Snorlax after Stealth Rock damage. STAB Leaf Storm decimates not only the common Water-, Rock-, and Ground-types it hits for super effective damage, but also many Pokemon neutral or even resistant to Grass. Sludge Bomb is a more reliable STAB, which has the benefit of nailing opposing Grass- and Fire-type Pokemon for significant damage. Reasonably bulky Pokemon such as Arcanine and Shaymin might try to switch into Roserade expecting a Grass move, only to be surprised by a 2HKO and OHKO respectively. Sludge Bomb also has a 30% chance of poisoning, which might help cripple walls. Sleep Powder makes this set incredibly difficult to counter, as otherwise reliable counters can be rendered useless if they switch into the move. Roserade can proceed to bombard the slumbering Pokemon with high-powered moves, or switch out and present a setup opportunity for a teammate. Hidden Power Fire prevents Roserade from being walled by Steel-types such as Bronzong and Cobalion while adding onto neutral coverage alongside Roserade's dual STAB. Synthesis is the recovery move of choice for sets using Life Orb as it allows Roserade to stay in battle and keeping attacking. Rest is more useful for sets using Choice Specs, as it needs to switch out after locking itself into a recovery move anyways. Switching out after using Rest allows Roserade to clear the sleep status and brings her back to perfect condition. Extrasensory can be used in the fourth slot to deal significant damage to Fighting-type switch-ins such as Heracross, while dealing more to Crobat and opposing Roserade than Hidden Power Ice.

That's my team! Please ignore the last 3. I have won at least 45 teams with this set. but when it comes to Japanese people, they destroy my team with a CLEFAIRY!!! Yeah, so bye!
  2. md5793

md5793

Why is this just Wifi?
  3. Jigglypuff323

Jigglypuff323

Because I want to use a team on Wi-Fi, but all of the teams here have 6 Pokémon, unusable Pokémon(Keldeo, Celebi), and duplicate items.
  4. md5793

md5793

In that case, this is a fairly excellent team and I can't judge it D:
  5. Jigglypuff323

Jigglypuff323

But isn't there SOMETHING I can change? Because I keep losing to the Japanese kids and its getting me mad.
  6. voidzone

voidzone

I would recommend Earth Power/some HP > Stealth Rock on Heatran, since Rocks are a dead slot during most games. Sure you might significantly weaken Draggy, Volcarona or the opponent's Sash user with it, but during the majority of games it simply does 2x (sometimes resisted) damage, since in GBU Singles switches are done less frequently than in 6v6 battles.
    Weather is another hard to pull off tactic, since you are bound to pick only 3 mons, it is a lot harder to compensate for a rather weak mon like 'toed or Ninetales f.e., while avoiding offensive redundance and adding up similar defensive weaks. Your initial trio f.e. will run into problems vs. Ferrothorn/Rotom/Volcarona backed up by something that can handle Heatran (a strong fighting type like conkeldurr, breloom or terrakion f.e.), especially since your politoed and ludicolo fullfill the absolute same role. if you want stick with rain, i would recommend another swift swimmer, maybe kingdra or kabutops instead of ludicolo, since both would add more versatility to your offensive core.
    Weatherless offense however, is easier to pull off and more effective on the long term as well.
    There some minor flaws among the other three sets as well, roserade should not run choice specs, if you want to abuse sleep powder. A choicer with a status move might work in 6v6, but is quite hard to do in 3v3, since it forces you to switch afterwards, something that might not always be useful or even possible. Try a focus sash instead, or if you insist on that extra power, a grass gem. If you miss out the sash in this mode, which might be the best if not one of the best, item in GBU Singles, you should have some very good reason.
    Mence should have Outrage > Dragon Claw, 3v3 games are mostly short and brutal, so I consider the extra in power worth the risk, since it might easily destroy teams at +1 and even if you're sometimes forced to outrage 1-2 turns on a resist, it might be quite dented as well.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)