Wild Eyes

WILD EYES

(aka BULKY FUCKING OFFENSE)

Introduction

Hello smogon and welcome to my next rmt! Having tried different playstlyles recently such as stall, sand, rain, hail, sun and hyper offense i decided to go back to my favourite playstyle and build a weatherless bulky offense team. I really like the concept of bulky offense having pokemon with good offensive and defensive synergy wearing my opponent down until one of my pokemon sweeps their team. I also built this team around a certain win condition in Sub+CM Latias. As anyone who knows me well probally knows i have a MASSIVE LATIAS FETISH. It is such a cute pokemon and a great and somewhat underated competitive choice as well. I picked Latias to be the win condition of my team because 1. Its my favourite pokemon and 2. it is a good bulky sweeper as well. Latias is also a great pokemon to use on a weatherless team such as my own. This is because with weatherless teams having no way of eliminating opponents weather effects they are forced to endure it, Latias does well against rain and sun teams resisting the common attacks found by pokemon on these team archetypes as well as being able to set up Calm Minds on them. After i had Latias and the style of team i wanted to use figured out i moved on to picking offensive partners for Latias that can help her with some of her threats. With Dragon Pulse as Sub+CM Latias's only coverage move Steel-types wall the shit out of it, Chansey, Blissey and Tyranitar also have no trouble walling Latias. There are also a few offensive threats to Latias. Scizor, Genesect and Mamoswine can all give Latias trouble with their Bug and Ice-type stabs respectivly. Terrakion can also revenge kill Latias with some prior damage. I took all these pokemon into acount when making the offensive core for Latias, and i eventually decided on a core of Heatran/Scizor/Latias. Heatran and Scizor are great partners for Latias. Heatran takes on the Steel-types that give Latias trouble like Scizor, Ferrothorn, Genesect, etc. Heatran is also an excellent check to sun teams which is aboslutely cruicial for a weatherless team. Scizor on the other hand can beat down Tyranitar, Mamoswine and Terrakion with Bullet Punch while also being able to beat Chansey, Blissey and Ferrothorn with Superpower. The core not only synergises well offensively but defensivly as well. Heatran and Latias have perfect synergy together with Heatran resisting all of Latias's weaknesses (Ice, Dragon, Dark, Ghost, Bug) and Latias resisting all of Heatrans ( Water, Fighting, Ground). Scizor also fits in nicely providing a second Steel-type and a pokemon that can lure in Fire-type pokemon then U-turn out to either Heatran or Latias who do good against the type. After the core was picked it seemed like Sub+DD Gyarados could be quite threatening to the core, furthermore with my team being weatherless i knew i would need an additional check for rain teams so i picked Rotom-W to help with Gyarados and rain. Rotom-W also completes the famous Volt Turn combo with Scizor garunteed to make battlers cringe when they see them in harmony in the team preview. After this i wanted a method of keeping hazards of the field because they would eventually wear down my volt turn core. I settled upon Xatu for its ability to stop Deoxys-D, Breloom and hazards with Magic Bounce. With U-turn Xatu was a perfect fit for the volt turn combo and the team in general. I originally had Breloom in the last spot but changed to Terrakion for its revenge killing capabilities, late game sweeping and ability to help me with certain threats that used to trouble my team. After posting the rmt due the help of some raters we identified Xatu as the weakest link to the team, after trying out Gliscor, Starmie and Tentacruel i settled upon a defensive Starmie on this team for its ability to Rapid Spin, take hits from rain teams and help my team against certain threats like Choice Band Terrakion, Keldeo, Conkeldurr and Gengar. The team gets its name from the song 'Wild Eyes' by Parkway Drive. Feel free to bag my taste of music i don't give a shit ;) I happenend to be listening to the song while i was putting my team in the team builder so thats why i picked it. So enough chit-chat lets get to the team!​

Team At A Glance

|
|
|
|
|

In Depth Look

------------------------------

Roast

(Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon

Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]​

Heatran is one of the best pokemon that the bw2 metagame has to offer. He can fit on just about any team style except rain. Heatran is especially good on weatherless teams such as my own because weatherless teams are known to get notriously thrashed by sun unless they carry Heatran or Rock Polish Landorus. With Heatrans useful ability Flash Fire and resistances to common sun team attacks like Fire and Grass, as well as Dragon Heatran is very easy to fit on bulky offensive teams. I knew when making this team that Steel-types and Dragon-types are going to be big threats to Latias so that is why Heatran fits perfectly on this team helping me combat these types of pokemon. I went with the standard offensive Heatran set for this team. Stealth Rock is an obvious move that every team should carry to not only break Dragonites Multiscale and halve Volcaronas health, but also to just damage my opponents pokemon, break Focus Sashes and break Sturdy. Seriously it gives me a mini heart attack when i see teams in the rmt forum not carrying Stealth Rock. Fire Blast is the prefered stab on Heatran to make the most of its offensive capablilities. Fire Blast roasts the Steel-types that give Latias trouble while just being Heatrans hardest hitting move. It is also a great move to spam vs sun teams seeing as the boost in damage from sun makes Heatrans Fire Blasts 'to hot to handle'. Earthpower is a great move to hit opposing Fire-types especially Ninetales and Heatran super effectively. The slight chance to lowen special defense is also quite nice. Hidden Power [Ice] is the last move on the set and is good to beat down Outrage-locked Dragons like Salamence or Dragonite that can really threaten my team otherwise. The ev spread maximises Heatrans speed and special attack letting him make the most of his base 130 SpA. This Heatran hits extremely hard especially in sun. Air Balloon is good to help me avoid Dugtrio and beat Salamence and Dragonite when it is intact.​

Apple

(Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band

Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower​

Ahh Scizor once the most feared pokemon in ou has come back into the spot light for my team. Scizor is a perfect fit for this team, synergising well with it, helping to take out some of Latias's biggest counters (Tyranitar, Terrakion, Ferrothorn, Chansey, Blissey), as well as bringing his U-turn into the volt turn core on my team. Scizor forms the offensive core of my team with Heatran and Latias synergising well with the two while helping to take out Latias's counters. My team utilises the standard Choice Band Scizor. U-turn is a very obvious move and is Scizors main move. It is a reliable Bug-type stab that does great damage after a Choice Band boost and it makes Scizor switch out upon use letting Scizor form a Volt Turn core with Rotom-W and Xatu. Scizor can also use his U-turn very sneakily to lure in Fire-types that Latias, Heatran, Rotom-W and Terrakion can capatalise on. Bullet Punch is a great move on Scizor the priority is nice to pick of weakend pokemon and the power is great when combined with Technician and a Choice Band. Pursuit is mainly there to trap the Lati twins which obviously hinder a Latias sweep of my own. Superpower is such a powerful move a 120 base power Fighting-type move is great and lets Scizor get past some of the biggest pains to Latias like Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, Chansey and Blissey. Choice Band is the obvious item for the power boost in moves, it helps me revenge kill threats with Bullet Punch easier as well which is nice. Getting locked into a move is not bad at all on Scizor seeing as he we mainly be spamming U-turn and my team is quite good synergy wise so having to switch out Scizor when he is locked into a 'bad' move isn't an issue. The standard ev spread maximises attack with 252 atk evs and Adamant nature while Scizor has 248 Hp evs to give him the best bulk possible while still remaining offensive. 248 evs are used instead of 252 so Scizor has more Stealth Rock switch ins. Which is important for a pokemon that will be switching in and out a lot thanks to U-turn. The rest of the evs are dumped into special defence.​

Wild Eyes

(Latias) (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute​

The mvp of the team my favourite pokemon its Latias! I for one am glad that Latias is getting more popular now days, more and more comptetive battlers i starting to like Latias even more than her overated brother Latios. This is probally because Latias has an easier time taking assaults from the rain and sun teams that are every where nowadays. I have tried a lot of Calm Mind Latias sets including Reflect + CM, Calm Mind Latias with Psyshock, Calm Mind Latias with Hidden Power [Fire] you name it i have tried it. However Sub+CM Latias to me has to be the most effective and efficent Latias set if you are going to attempt a sweep with it and for a few reasons. Substitute is such a great move on Latias because it lets Latias get a free turn when defensive pokemon try to Toxic/ ThunderWave it which is a very common scenario. With Spore users becoming increasingly popular in BW2 (Regenartor Amoongus, Technician Breloom) Latias is also protected against those to with Substitute. Another thing which i love about Substitute is its ability to be sort of like a shield to critical hits. Unfortunatly Latias is probally more impacted by critical hits then any other set up sweeper except maybe say Cosmic Power Sigilyph just because Latias has to get up a few Calm Minds before it can sweep. Its not like Genesect who only needs a Rock Polish, its not like Salamence who only needs a Dragon Dance, Latias needs 3 or 4 Calm Minds usually before attempting a serious sweep and that makes him very prone to critical hits unless he is running Substitute. Latias's Substitutes are also quite hard to break after a Calm Mind or two so they aid Latias in setting up easier. Dragon Pulse is a reliable stab move and is the only attacking move on the set. With Dragon only being resisted by Steel Latias can afford to only run one coverage move especially seeing as my team has a lot of Fire and Fighting-type coverage to dispose of Steel-types. Calm Mind is the main move of the set boosting Latias's already massive 130 base special defence to sky high levels while also boosting her special attack is amazing and allows Latias to sweep quite easily after he has used it a couple of times. Finally Recover is for the obvious recovery letting Latias gain back health he has lost from setting up and making Substitutes. The ev spread maximises speed and bulk so Latias can set up Calm Minds as quick as possible. It also lets Latias get up a quick Substitute and have pretty bulky Substitutes to. Leftovers is the prefered item to gain Hp back lost from setting up or getting up Substitutes.​

Flood

(Rotom-W) @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 28 SAtk / 228 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split​

Ahhh Rotom-W! His Choice Scarf set dominated BW however his defensive set has become increasingly popular with BW2 bringing in Tornadus-T and BW2 being such a rain dominant metagame. Rotom-W is now one of the best support pokemon in the tier being able to act as a bulky pivot, crippling opposing pokemon with a status move then Volt Switching out. These are the reasons that my team uses Rotom-W. Rotom-W also fits great with my team forming the infamous 'Scrotom' core with Scizor and also creating a Volt Turn core with Scizor and Xatu. Rotom-W is my check to rain teams using his Volt Switch to damage the common pokemon found on rain teams while also being able to abuse extra powered Hydro Pumps in rain. Volt Switch is a great move on Rotom-W providing Rotom-W with an Electric-type stab while also letting him start a 'volt turn chain' with Scizor and Xatu. Hydro Pump is Rotom-Ws other attacking move and is quite powerful in rain despite the little special attack investment. I use ThunderWave over Will-o-Wisp primarily for its ability to slow down pokemon so i can take them out easier. A paralyzed opponent is also unbeliavably easy to get Calm Minds on with Latias especially behind a Sustitute with their 25% chance not to move. Pain Split provides Rotom-W with some recovery and is also a great move to use to wear down walls such as when a Blissey switches in. The evs maxmise special bulk with 28 special attack evs to garuntee the ohko on Gliscor with Hydro Pump. Leftovers is used to provide Rotom-W with some neat recovery.​

RednBlue

(Starmie) @ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spd
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin​

Defensive Starmie is a perfect fit for my team and is another great example of a good set becoming popular in BW2 for its ability to take Wtaer-type moves from rain teams and Recover tha damage. Defensive Starmie was suggested from quite a few people and it is the perfect glue for the team, helping my team against rain teams, Conkeldurr, Choice Band Terrakion, Keldeo and Gengar among others. Scald is the first move on the set which has a great base 80 damage letting it hit quite hard especially in rain. However Scalds burn rate is why people really love the move. Having a 30% chance to burn an apposing pokemon is huge and can severly cripple a physical attacker. A burned opponent is also quite easy for Latias to set up on which is cool as well to help a Latias sweep. Psyshock is the prefered coverage move providing a secondary stab and ensurance to strong Fighting-types like Breloom, Conkeldurr, Terrakion and Keldeo. Psyshock also helps wear down Blissey and Chansey switch ins while also smashing Gengar. Recover is an obvious move for recovery which combined with Starmies Hp investment and Water-type resist lets Starmie switch in against rain teams often to either Rapid Spin hazards or deal damage. Rapid Spin is the most important move on the set and gives my team safety against entry hazards. Rapid Spin is also more reliable than Magic Bounce to get hazards of the field so Starmie does that job better then Xatu to! Starmie can also take status quite well with Natural Cure which is a nice bonus. 248 evs are used in Hp to give Starmie the best overal bulk while giving him more entry hazard switch ins than 252. 216 evs are used in speed because Starmie doesn't have to speed with other Starmie anyway without Thunderbolt, the 216 speed evs allow Starmie to outspeed Gengar and beat it with Psyshock, as well as other base 110s. The spare 44 evs are placed in defence, which also lets Starmie combat Fighting-types easier.​

Mighty

(Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor​

Terrakion is regarded as one of the best pokemon in the ou metagame. With his great speed, attack and movepool Terrakion is infamously known for being one of the most terrifying revenge killers and Choice Scarf wielders in the tier. Terrakion is the revenge killer for me team and does a pretty damn good job at it to. With thhe volt turn pressure that my team provides Terrakion can switch into my opponent quite easily and then begin to wreck havoc with his moves, typically Close Combat. Close Combat is the main move on Terrakion and a 120 base damage stab move coming of a base 129 attack is very fearsome and its not unusual for Terrakion to sweep late game with this move. Stone Edge is his other stab move and has a great base 100 damage and lets Terrakion beat the Flying-types anticipating a Close Combat. Unfortunatly as all competitive battlers know Stone Edges 80% accuracy is more like 5% acuracy and it is THE MOST FRUSTRATING MOVE IN THE GAME! Terrakions stab moves have such good coverage that his last to moves very rarely get used. However they are still important with X-Scissor hitting the Psychic-types super effectively and Rock Slide is a good move to revenge kill pokemon like Volcarona when i can't afford to bank on Stone Edges 80% accuracy. Max speed and attack is used alongside a Choice Scarf to make Terrakion the most efficent revenge killer it can be.​

Importable
(please keep nicknames when using the team)
Code:
Roast (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Apple (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Wild Eyes (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute

Flood (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SAtk / 228 SDef
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

RednBlue (Starmie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spd
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Mighty (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

Conclusion

So that is my rmt and thank you for reading it! I really like this team and personally it is my favourite team to use atm. I would like to give out a massive thanks to Asek and The Great Mighty Doom for helping me with this team and just being good team raters and friends to me. Me making this rmt is also a celebration for me getting my team rater badge! I would like to thank the team raters, pre contributors and mods of the rate my team forum for just being really nice and helpful people. To think that my rates started out looking like this http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3468806 before these awesome people helped me is unbelievable! Rate My Team would have to be my favourite place on smogon and is a place i have happily contributed in for 4-5 months. So receiving my Team Rater badge is such a great honour and what better way to celebrate it then paying back the rmt forum by making a rmt? So yeah feel free to try out this team and if you like it please leave a luvdisc

Final Glance

|
|
|
|
|

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Superpowerdude! So since I asked you to rate my team, I figured I'd return the favor and rate yours.

Anyway, just by looking at this team, I can tell it's a really good team. Seems like the team covers a great amount of the OU metagame, so I feel that just outright changing Pokemon would only hurt the team, so I'm really just going to be nitpicking for the most part.

First, I think you could benefit from running Rock Slide > EQ on Terrakion. It makes you a bit weaker to Toxicroak, but from my experience, Toxicroak isn't too terribly common and seems to me to be very hard pressed to set up against this team. Scizor does 74% minimum to SD Toxicroak with Bullet Punch as well. On the other hand, Rock Slide could be very useful as a more reliable way of hitting Volcarona if you really need to, because nobody likes to try to hit Volcarona with Stone Edge.

That's really all I can think of for now. Nice team, good luck!

Thanks for the advice LucaroarkZ! I will definatly try Rock Slide because Stone Edge has missed before one time when i was versing a Volcarona and another time against a weakend Gyarados who went through half my team. Earthqauke doesn't provide to much coverage wise although the super effecitive hits on Jirachi and Toxicroak are always nice.

Also with Genesect apprantly being banned i will be changing Heatrans item to Air Balloon. Without Genesun to worry about Balloon Heatran should still be a good enough check to sun while it also helps me against Dragonite and Salamence more which is very important.

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Great team you have there. Not really much to say, except maybe you could run Heat Wave on Xatu instead of Psychic. Most Fighting types can hit you hard anyway (Terrakion, Keldeo, Breloom is fried anyway so it's kinda moot, Conkeldurr, Lucario? if they carry Crunch / Ice Punch, and so on), and having a reliable way to dispose of Forretress / Ferrothorn / Scizor is valuable since it can avoid free Spins, free Swords Dances, or annoying stall wars with the enemy spamming a high PP move in order to force you out. Maybe you lose something against Tentacruel (although staying in on Scalds is foolish anyway, even worse if it carries Ice Beam, since Psychic only 3HKOs), but that's not the end of the world I guess. Other than that, great team and good luck with it.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi, solid team obviously. You're using strong and classic pokemons.

However if I had to point a weakness (they aren't really marked), I'd say Sub CM Jirachi (the Rain version with Thunder/Psychock).

This version, will increase in usage with the ban of Genesect, to me, every team should have a way to beat it.
Jirachi can come on Latias, and force it out (else he kills everything).
Then how can you do against a Jirachi behind a Sub?
Rotom-W will have issues, since he can be stalled if the Jirachi spam Substitute waiting for HPump miss, if we add that he can be paralysed on the switch, it become tough.
Heatran is also paralysed on the switch and becomes pretty useless.
Terrakion is killed/paralysed.
The rest of the team isn't too hard to handle for the Jirachi (Scizor get scouted and if he U-Turn, it's the incoming pokemon that is in trouble).

You can force it out, but given the big power houses on Rain team, you'll lose life etc in the process (for instance you switch to Heatran, they go Keldeo and hit anything coming with HPump, you switch to Latias, and then switch back to Jirachi and sub/Thunder to para the incoming pokemon). After some turns, the loop will be favouring the Rain team provided they have an answer to Scizor in Tentacruel or Ferrothorn (or Tornadus-T to some extent).

To me Xatu is the weakest link.
You can shut down this version of Jirachi with a Gliscor, and Gliscor can shut down both Deoxys-D and Breloom.

I'd opt for an offensive version, with 216 Speed and Jolly Nature, you can outspeed Deoxys-D (they won't predict it at all) and Taunt, and Gliscor totally stops Jirachi from substituting or CMing.
So let's say you go Taunt and EQ. You have two slots free, you can go for the stall way, or pick-up Acrobatics to outspeed with the spread I told about and kill Breloom.
Gliscor can't wall it so hard, but he can kill him swiftly, and he isn't threatened by the Stone Edge/Rock Tomb versions.

Moreover you're now less weak to CB Ttar and stuff able to Pursuit you, since they also stop Latias (in Ttar case).

I hope I helped, that's all I got, I may try to find something else, but it would be hard to be honest. This was the biggest threat I saw :p

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Hi Superpowerdude! I like the old school bulky offense vibe here!
First off I agree with Remedy that cm jirachi is a huge issue. Hell, alot of sub mons are an issue for you, for example salak terrak 2hkos everything behind a sub and having a pursuitable check to it is shaky at best (albeit u can sub to scout for tar then switch out) Moreover, toxicroak is also a huge issue, being able to set up and kill xatu with ipunch. latias can't hurt it too bad, and the rest of the team becomes drainpunch fodder at +2 (scizor needs prior damage). Dragmag doesn't help either, rendering xatu useless with the common lead sr rak. A poke that fulfills a similar role to that of xatu's would be bulky starmie. It beats deogar, kills loom, beats lead rak, kills salac rak, or at least forces it to burn salac/forces it out, helps vs rain and especially scarf keldeo who is almost ALWAYS paired with tar and could potentially sweep your team lategame through hydro spam. In fact, reflect type starmie could potentially work but 4 moveslot syndrome denies it of psy/water coverage. Moving onto rain threats like tornadusT and cm rachi: heatran would definitely appreciate some bulk and the ability to phaze volc. duggie sun with volc is scary for this team, so I would even suggest a shed shell/sub tox tran. However roar is required to beat rachi, so no sub tox. This tran also remedies your weakness to life orb latis a bit, because recovery + being able to sponge dracos without risking hp fire is very beneficial. This is a safer bet vs rp genesect who sweeps you after the frailer, recovery-less tran falls and rotom is down to 75ish%.(scizor is setup fodder)
This won't be an issue for long since my baby rp gene is soon to be banned ;-;
basically
To me Xatu is the weakest link.
Sets :

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers/Shed shell
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SDef / 16 Spd <<< a bit of speed creep if you go with ep
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic/Earth Power/Protect

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spd <<< enough to outspeed base 110's, pretty much just for gar.
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Recover

edit: gene bannd so dont have to worry bout that lol

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Great team, not that much to say about this.

Im not a fan of heatran in weatheless team, because i think that if you are facing a rain team Heatran cant find so many chance to setup stealth rocks, and if it does tentacruel and starmie commonly seen in rain teams can spin them away easily, and also you obviously have your main move weakened. To fix this somewhat, i think that a random weather changing move can help. I would put Sandstorm instead of earthquake on terrakion, because you know that earthquake doesnt hit anything relevant, while sandstorm gives u an advantage if your opponent already sacrificed his weather changer. This is just my opinion though, its optional.

Another little fix that i would do is to replace Reflect on Xatu with Toxic. The win condition of this team is to sweep with latias i suppose, so cripple Tyranitar with toxic helps your latias toxic stalling it. Toxic also force Blissey and chansey to switch-out, which can come in handy since they can ppstall you otherwhise.

I would also give more speed on xatu to outspeed Tentacruel and Breloom, something like this spread should work EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spd

Hope i helped, luvdisc'd anyway xd and gratz for the badge!

Hey, i like this team, actually i was running quite the same (same mons but different sets on Kion et Kias) but i thought it was bad and i stopped using it. I don't have a real rate for you but just wanted to say that i was using SubSalac Kion (which was my win condition), Life Orb Tias and Light screen Xatu. Regarding it now, Reflect is just a more viable option since special attackers aren't that much of a problem for the team. Also SubCM Latias is my favorite set at the moment and your balance just seems superior to mine so props on that :]

Hi SPD,

Cool team you got here, U-Turning with Scizor paving the way for Latias and Terrakion to sweep, while you have Rain covered with Rotom + Latias. Anyway, like most offensive teams, you do seem a little weak to some common threats in today's metagame, namely Terrakion and Keldeo. CM Keldeo has a good shot at beating CM Latias, while Specs can 2HKO on the switch in, and you have nothing else to switch into it. An easy fix could be to try out Psyshock somewhere on Latias' set, as right now it does seem to be your main switch in to both of these. If you go with this change, you might also want to invest in Special Attack too, but I don't know if that would detract from the point of your Latias set, so I'll leave that up to you.

Alternatively, if you don't feel like you want to make that compromise, then I'd agree with Remedy that fast Gliscor would be a fine replacement over Xatu. Xatu without Heat Wave doesn't fare too well against Ferrothorn, as can hurt you if you switch in on Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball. Gliscor with Taunt beats every Ferrothorn set, while providing you with a reliable answer to Terrakion without losing momentum. A spread of 244 HP / 48 Def / 216 Spe with a Jolly Nature with a moveset of Taunt / Earthquake / U-Turn / Toxic could work, as you still keep momentum with U-Turn as Terrakion inevitably switches out of Gliscor, essentially giving you a free switch into whatever. While Gliscor doesn't help you with your Keldeo problem, you should have enough insurance against it with Scarf Terrakion + CM Latias, so you should be fine.

If you still feel like Xatu is not worth replacing, and you prefer it to Gliscor, then use ganj4lF's suggestion of Heat Wave on it's set, probably over Reflect as Xatu is only really switching into hazard setters such as Skarmory and Ferrothorn, neither of which can break through it's defenses so Reflect isn't needed. This means you remove annoying Steels in the way of Latias, giving you an easier time sweeping. You might also want to change Xatu's EV spread to 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe, as this gives you an odd HP number, allowing you to switch into Stealth Rock once more. Alternatively you can bump up the Speed EVs on Xatu to whatever you feel is necessary, 16 allows you to get the jump on max speed Scizor, while 56 allows you to outspeed Adamant Breloom, it's all preference really.

Like others picked up on, you also have a slight weakness to variants of Jirachi, notably the Calm Mind set. It uses several different members of your team as setup fodder, namely Latias and Terrakion when locked into a wrong move, while once Jirachi has one or two boosts under its belt, Rotom-W has to rely on the shaky accuracy of Hydro Pump. I really don't think this is as big of an issue as people make it out to be, and you should get around it just by playing smart. If you feel like it is a problem, then you could alter your Scizor set to help against it slightly. Changing your spread to 248 HP / 196 Atk / 64 SDef means you are never 3HKO'd by Jirachi's Thunder, while you also avoid the 2HKO from Choice Specs Latios when locked into Draco Meteor. This is important as your only other Steel type is Heatran who is offensive, so it cannot continuously switch into Surf time and time again.

Good luck!

Hey guys thanks for the rates!

@Ganj4l i will definatly try out Heat Wave on Xatu to beat Steel-tyes thanks!

@remedy thanks for tha rate! Yes Jirachi is probay my teams biggest weakness i will definatly try Gliscor and i will probally go with Jimbons set as it keeps up the volt turn with Scizor and Xatu

@CTC thanks for rating! Your suggestions sound good i will try Starmie and defensive tran.

@Neliel Tu Oderschvank thanks for ratinh :) while sand storm sounds good in theory being locked into the move is quite bad. I am not going to talk to much about this because you did say it was an opptional change i will definatly try out the ev spread.

@fantasy hey man great minds think a like! Your version sounds cool although it goes away from the purpose of my team and it lacks a revenge killer.

@Jimbon thanks for the rate. I used Psyshock before but ditched it for Sub later on. I will retest Psyshock because i need it to beat Keldeo. I will try out your Gliscor as it looks like a good fit to the team. On Xatu i will try those ev spreads and moveset change

I appreciate the luvdiscs and rates people keep it up!

I wonder if you being Australian and liking parkway drive is a surprise? :P (I like "Blue and the Grey"+ "the River" better than that song though)

In any case I would like to reinforce what the above users said about gliscor. after testing with the team I really found that it helped your team as a whole. One change I do suggest to their Gliscor set is roost> u-turn. I found gliscor needing the extra hp, esp with the relative lack of defense evs compared to it's other sets.

well, I really can't see anything else that hasn't been covered by anyone else. Just thought I'd stop by and congratulate you on your RMT badge and luvdisc your RMT. Great use of the heatran/latias core, which is ironically the same core I run on my RMT. I'm glad to see more people using it, it really is magnificent. Great job man!

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey Super! Fucking love it when people use Latias as you can probably imagine from my thread :D. Anyways, this team is super solid, and I honestly can't say anything bad about. One thing that you may consider but it's up to you, is changing Latias' role up a tiny bit by replacing Psyshock or Psychic > Substitute. Bulk Up Conkeldurr can be kind of a bitch to this team if it carries Ice Punch, and Dragon Pulse wont be able to get the job done unless you already have a few Calm Minds up. Psyshock is always recommended over Psychic for the chance to OHKO Terrakion in Sand, hitting the pink blobs hard, and winning CM wars, however Psychic OHKOs Bulk Up Conkeldurr while Psyshock doesn't do too much to it after a few Bulk Ups. Although this slightly hinders Latias' sweeping potential, it widens her opportunities to come in earlier to sweep so Chansey, Blissey, and Jellicent don't completely wall it this set to hell.

Then again, if you keep Psychic on Xatu over Heat Wave, then you shouldn't need to replace Substitute with Psyshock, so if you choose to keep Psychic on Xatu keep Substitute, but if you switch out Psychic for Heat Wave then try out Psyshock or Psychic on Latias. CM Latias with 2 attacking move is my favorite Latias set, as it worked very well on my last team. It takes a little more prediction to sweep successfully, however is provides more coverage and a way to hit special walls, allowing Latias to sweep earlier.

Anyways, great team Superpower, and good luck!

Thanks for the rate guys!

@Sora13 i listenend to PWD and i loved it then realised after that they were Australian and loved them more! I have been testing Gliscor and it is quite amazing Roost seems like a good idea for longetitvity although its at the expense of losing my momentum with U-turn i will try it thanks!

@King of Blades hey man thanks for the kind words and Luvdisc! The Heatran Latias core is a great and very underused core it synergises so well defensively as well as offensively its unbelievable! Add a Scizor into the mix and Latias has another great offensive partner :)

@Gary2346 thanks for the rate! As i said to Jimbon i have tried Psyshock before and i will try it again, i will try Psychic to for Conkeldurr i guess (who will be more of a threat if i use Gliscor>Xatu)

So far Gliscor is going great and he might become a permanent member soon i need more testing though. Keep up the rates people!

thanks for the help CTC i am still testing Gliscor and between him and having Psyshock on Latias i so pretty good against the varaints of Terrakion while also being able to stop Jirachi easier. Besides Xatu doesn't help to much against Terrakion anyway and even though Gliscor isn't a full stop to Terrakion he does a better job at it then Xatu. You are right about Substitute though and the only problem i see with using Gliscor is my Ice Punch Conkeldurr weakness which is really the only reason why i am still using Psyshock on Latias. I will probally go back to Substitute because as you mentioned it helps me beat stall and Keldeo+Tar easier. Thanks again!

Hi Superpowerdude.

You are not an official team raters for nothing, I would have liked to say something but there is no big thing to say, you against 95% of the metagame and Xatu you can win a synergy against the Entry of hazards, good game.
But I want to offer you a suggestion for xatu, it is here to come mainly on ferro, Skarm, Forry, Ttar but you have nothing for the 2HKO, I you Council so to Heat Wave on Psychic, psychic here is used that has the Amoongus roserade tapper, while with Heat Wave you can also hurt and you can finally 2HKO Skarm/Ferro, who will be a real problem to xatu at a time then at least you earn a good ability to attack and you can all touch!

Good luck.

~Leftiez

@Leftiez thanks for the rate! I tested out Heat Wave on Xatu and i loved it. However i will probally be changing Xatu for Gliscor Jolly | 252 Hp / 40 Def / 216 Spe, Taunt | Earthqauke | Toxic | U-turn i will edit the op later.

@Leftiez thanks for the rate! I tested out Heat Wave on Xatu and i loved it. However i will probally be changing Xatu for Gliscor Jolly | 252 Hp / 40 Def / 216 Spe, Taunt | Earthqauke | Toxic | U-turn i will edit the op later.
No problem ^ ^, if the problem is with kion you can also enter tías def CM, it took 39% on stone edge of Terrakion bander and it held Outrage of Salamence Scarf ,then it attracts Scizor and OHKO with HP fire
Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 228 Def / 68 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Calm Mind

hi superpowerdude

first things first @ leftiez

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 212 HP / 228 Def Latias: 211-249 (59.6 - 70.33%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
that was with your physically defensive latias EVs from CB terrakion, you calculated that wrong. I used the honkaculator 4000.
Also Salamence
252+ Atk Salamence Outrage vs. 212 HP / 228 Def Latias: 384-452 (108.47 - 127.68%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This team is solid but if defenitely has its weaknesses, mainly fighting types and trapping. This team can't handle calm mind latias if scizor goes down and scizor can't take on HP fire variants although rotom could paralyze so U turn is faster than hidden power fire but if scizor goes down or you get over predicted with the pursuit you will be swept. Heatran is set up fodder, rotom and xatu are set up fodder, +1 Latias will beat yours usually and choice scarf terrakion could be handled easily by other team members as well as latias can take a hit decently well and hit hard back so long as sandstorm is not available. Latios falls in the exact same boat except calm mind latios is rare and does not always carry recover and scizor and terrakion can revenge kill it much easier. Likewise, if Tyranitar traps latias a keldeo which is often paired with the tyrant could be waiting to sweep you clean, although xatu might me a slight roadblock if it is healthy. Much like HP fire latias calm mind keldeo could often sweep you anyways because it will always win the calm mind war against latias. Rotom-W will help a LOT here but I will show why it isn't perfect below.

Rain teams are a huge threat to you. A standard Politoed/Ferrothorn/Keldeo/Tornadus-T/Jirachi/Tentacruel or something of that nature will really prove troublesome. Because of this my first suggestion is that you use will o wisp on Rotom to burn ferrothorn which is its main roadblock versus rain. Yes Xatu can take on most ferrothorn but having it slowly dying is much better than having it sitting there alive in a stalemate with xatu. Note that against rain teams rotom-w is your main player with everything else performing a niche role occasionally. So running will o wisp rotom is definitely a good idea here. While it will not move mountains it will do something. Another thing I might try against rain is a LO starmie or bulky starmie over xatu. Starmie helps against rain although ferrothorn is a bitch unless you can burn it with scald. Starmie provides another water resist and is not weak to terrakion stone edge. A last option is defensive tentacruel over xatu who can set up toxic spikes or provide toxic support for latias to possibly muscle past pink blobs. Tentacruel and starmie are both also back up keldeo checks if latias does fail which it very well could.

Summary:

Will O Wisp over Thunder Wave

OR
over Xatu. I can give you sets if you want, but I think you can pick sets you like.

thanks for the rates everyone! after testing Gliscor, Starmie and Tentacruel i decided on Defensive Starmie in Xatus place. I will also test Will-o-Wisp on Rotom-W now. Also Rock Slide is now used on Terrakion over Earthqauke

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey there,

This is a pretty solid team, and most of its weaknesses have been outlined above. At the moment, SubCM Jirachi looks like the most threatening Pokemon for you to face. An Agility Thundurus-T can also be deadly if it manages +2, with Latias and Rotom-W being your only ways to reliably stop it. Unfortunately both take 60+% from its coverage moves, in Rotom-W's case possibly 80%, so keeping them in top health should be a priority when playing a Thundurus. In my opinion, this threat doesn't warrant a change on your team, as Latias is a pretty decent check, but I just wanted to make sure you were aware of its potential sweeping capabilities. Like other users have said, SubCM Jirachi can setup on a large portion of your team and deal serious damage. Another threat, albeit a much less minor threat, is SD Toxicroak. It can put a lot of pressure on you, with Scizor being your only reliable way to kill it and your second best shot is trying to stall Sucker Punch's with Starmie. Otherwise a faster SD set with Ice Punch looks troublesome to face.

Ok so at the moment your team has really good synergy, so changing a Pokemon would probably be more hazardous than helpful. For this reason, most of my changes will be minor moveset changes. First off, I think you should put Earthquake > Rock Slide on Terrakion. I know you just recently made this change, but Earthquake does have a special niche on this team. Earthquake not only helps to hit Jirachi harder, but also does reliable damage to Toxicroak. By using Earthquake you have another reliable way to hit Toxicroak for major damage, limiting his sweeping capabilities somewhat. I would also recommend taking CTC's suggestion of defensive Heatran. This will give you a fairly solid answer to Jirachi, while giving yourself more bulk overall.

Anyways, cool team gl.

Sup mr superpowerguydudemanbro, very interesting team you have there. The one thing I have to say is that it doesn't seem to melike a good idea to run pursuit on Scizor. That's mostly because most Latias and Latios tend to run Hidden power Fire to counter Scizor.

My alternative is to run Quick Attack > Pursuit as you get more priority and it helps you hit the few pokemon that can tank Bullet Punches and set up (Such as a damaged volcarona since you should never keep a scizor in on a healthy volc regardless).

Since you do need a pursuit trapper, you could always try Tyranitar over Heatran since you get a pursuit trapper and have access to Stealth Rocks. T-tar is also the biggest threat to the latis even if its predictable from team preview The only downside is you lose some special attack team-wise.

You could also try replacing Rotom-W with T-tar as well and change SR on Tran for some surprise move (Flash Cannon, Taunt, toxic, will-o, maybe even ROCK TOMB {to cripple those that tran can kill, but cannot because of speed or something}[Dugtrio on switch?]).

That's about it for what i have to say, hopefully it will help.

Hi Superpowerdude,
As all other teams made by you this is yet another solid team which shows the true essence of bulky offence. Don't know if others have mentioned it yet but i've happened to face this team quite a few teams on the ladder while i was working on my team and i noticed that mid/late game a certain not to common but still ever existing variant of Sub CM rachi becomes a force which your team has big trouble dealing with. All it has to do is switch into Latias Setting up and set up alongside and the Psyshock Variant of Sub CM Rachi can easily take Dragon Pulse even at +6(as you decided atm to not keep psyshock) after it has also set up and 2HKO with Psyshock. Heatran is a way of dealing with it but it might not be able to hit it after a few CM boosts so i'd suggest Earthquake>Rock Slide on Terrakion as a last resort to deal with Sub CM Rachi in case Heatran cant secure the kill especially if you're considering the defensive set as even the bulky Scizor is 2hko'ed after rocks with Thunder after it has effectively set up.

As an alternate option you could try Landorus-I as your scarfer or straight out go for a rock polish set. Landorus arguably happens to be the better scarfer between itself and terrakion while the RP set is as you know one of the best late game cleaners out there. The choice of the set is yours to make and im just here pointing out the weakness and a possible answer to it.
Hope i helped.

@dragonuser i just changed Rock Slide>Earthqauke lol but ironically EQ helps me against two big threats Jirachi and Toxicroak so i guess i will try it out again. I still havn't tried the bulkier Heatran set and your rate gives me extra reason to so i will thanks for the rate!

@Zeta5 sup Zeta564012907472284randomnumber thanks for that rate! I really like Pursuit on Scizor although you are right that the Latias usually carry Hidden Power [Fire] most of the time they will go for Draco Meteor, or Psyshock Scizor can also play mind games with them and use Bullet Punch which would do serious damage to both Latis. Tyranitar actaully does sound quite interesting and i guess i will try it. It looks quite enticing with Dwaynes Landorus-I suggestion to give him his sand force boost. Thanks for the rate!

@Dwayne as i said to dragonuser i will be testing EQ again. I will also try out Landorus-I as well.

Thanks for the rates people!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)