[WIN] Cliff of Thunder (Hard) - Dogfish44 and Maxim

A long and narrow bridge of stone allows you to reach the impervious peak, stormed by blinding thunderbolts and battered by incessant winds. There doesn't seem to be any tunnels, so your only choice is to follow the rather unstable and rough cliff which follows the circumference of the tall mountain. Sometimes, a bolt of lightning strikes really near your position, but nevertheless you keep going on, until the cliff ends with a cave. You enter in, pleased for leaving behind the frigid winds and the loud thunders.

This cavern seems to be illuminated from within, quite to your surprise. Several blue crystals, sparking with weak jolts of electricity, paint the surrounding walls with fascinating cerulean reflexes. After some time, you also note that a lot of the rock composing the cave, from the floor to the walls to the ceiling, seems to be of metallic composition. The path ends at a certain point, with a hole in the floor. After some esitations, you go through it, not without the necessary care. The tunnel is not really long, and you soon find yourselves in another cavern, much larger than the previous one. Crystals like the ones which you found here and there so far are now all over the place, shining like torches and bathing the entire area in a wonderful soothing atmosphere. However, now, walking through the crystals is particularly difficult, since they zap if you get too close to them.

Nevertheless, you manage to cover the distance to the end of the cavern. You are now in a barren hall, rather little compared to the cavern you're coming from. There are still some of those crystals all around, with some particularly large rocks charged with electricity - you count two of them. But since you're here for other reason rather than counting stones, you head for the exit... until a slide blocks your path! Luckily you're unaffected, but now you'll have to remove the rubble which is preventing you from keep going. You call your Pokémon to help you in the task, but suddendly a strange noise catches your attention. Looks like your Pokémon will be required for something else first!

(3 of them)

HP 200 (each)
Atk 4
Def 4
SpA 5
SpD 3
Spe 52
Size Class 1
Weight Class 1
10+10% Accuracy boost

Abilities: Magnet Pull, Sturdy, Analytic

Quietness: Magnemite is immune to Taunt, Rage Powder and Follow Me

Aztec (N/A)

Nature: Quiet
+1 SpA, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion

Type: Ground / Psychic

Abilities: Levitate
Glyph of Reflect: Causes Reflect to affect the entire team, regardless of positioning.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: 3
Def: 4
SpA: 4 (+)
SpD: 5
Spe: 65 (-)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 5
Base Rank Total: 20

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
DC: N/A

Moves:
Harden
Confusion
Rapid Spin
Mud-Slap
Rock Tomb
Psybeam
Power Trick
Self-Destruct
Ancient Power
Earth Power
Explosion
Power Split
Guard Split
Teleport

Earthquake
Smack Down
Psychic
Light Screen
Reflect
Hidden Power Ground
Protect
Substitute
Dig
Grass Knot
Psyshock

Gravity
Drill Run
Signal Beam
Magic Coat
Zen Headbutt

Terra (M)

Nature: Quiet
+1 SpA, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion

Type: Ground / Rock

Abilities: Rock Head / Sturdy / Sand Veil [DW]
Glyph of Earth Power: Reduces the energy cost of Earth Power by 1.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: 5
Def: 5
SpA: 3 (+)
SpD: 3
Spe: 39 (-)
Weight Class: 7

EC: 9/9
DC: 5/5

Moves:
Tackle
Defence Curl
Mud Sport
Rock Polish
Rock Throw
Magnitude
Self-Destruct
Rollout
Rock Blast
Smack Down
Stone Edge
Heavy Slam
Steamroller

Autotomize
Block
Focus Punch
Rock Climb
Wide Guard

Hidden Power Ground
Earthquake
Brick Break
Flamethrower
Rock Tomb
Dig
Double Team
Brick Break
Bide

Earth Power

Grace (F)

Nature: Brave
+1 Atk, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion

Type: Water / Ground

Abilities: Sticky Hold / Storm Drain / Sand Force (DW)
Glyph of Recover: Allows Recover to be used on friendly targets, at the cost of 14 energy instead of [Max HP/10] + 2

Stats:
HP: 110
Atk: 4 (+)
Def: 3
SpA: 3
SpD: 3
Spe: 33 (-)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 18

Moves:
Mud-Slap
Mud Sport
Harden
Water Pulse
Mud Bomb
Hidden Power Ground
Rain Dance
Recover

Acid Armor
Brine
Counter
Mirror Coat
Yawn

Toxic
Ice Beam
Rest
Double Team
Protect
Dig
Earthquake

Earth Power

Multitask (F)

Nature: Serious
-

Type: Poison / Ground

Abilities: Persistent / Vital Spirit / Prankster [DW]
Glyph of Earth Power: Reduces the energy cost of Earth Power by 1.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 105
Weight Class: 4

Attacks [28]:
Circle Throw
Clear Smog
Comet Punch
Copycat
Earth Power
Encore
Gravity
Gust
Helping Hand
Knock Off
Magic Room
Rapid Spin
Razor Wind
Rototiller
Tailwind
Whirlwind
Wide Guard
Wonder Room

Entrainment
Follow Me
Heal Pulse
Me First
Wish

Double Team
Earthquake
Hidden Power Ground
Light Screen
Taunt

Drill Run

Colossoil [Rosch] (M)
Nature: Adamant (Attack increased by *, Special Attack decreased by *)

Type:
Dark/Ground

Abilities:
Rebound/Guts/Pressure (H)
Glyph of Rock Slide
: Makes Rock Slide deal full damage instead of 75% when hitting multiple targets, while also raising its accuracy by a flat 10% and its power by 1.

Stats:

HP: 120
Atk: Rank 6 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 95
Size Class: 5
Weight Class: 10
Base Rank Total: 22

AC: 5/5

Attacks (41):
Drill Run
Rototiller
Stockpile
Swallow
Spit Up
Horn Attack
Peck
Leer
Tackle
Bubblebeam
Body Slam
Bite
Rapid Spin
Pursuit
Dig
Bounce
Magnitude
Crunch
Megahorn
Horn Drill

Encore
Double-Edge
Fake Out
Fire Fang
Thunder Fang
Double-Edge
Sucker Punch
Sand Tomb

Aqua Tail
Endure
Snatch

Taunt
Brick Break
Protect
Earthquake
Double Team
Rock Slide
Stone Edge
Substitute
U-Turn
Dive

Diggersby [Underminer] (M)
Nature: Adamant (+1 Atk, -1 SpA)

Type:
Normal/Ground

Abilities:
Pick Up/Cheek Pouch/Huge Power (H)
Glyph of Rock Slide
: Makes Rock Slide deal full damage instead of 75% when hitting multiple targets, while also raising its accuracy by a flat 10% and its power by 1.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3 (+) [6 Huge Power]
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 78
Base Rank Total: 16 [19 Huge Power]

Attacks (31):
Hammer Arm
Rototiller
Bulldoze
Swords Dance
Tackle
Agility
Leer
Quick Attack
Doubleslap
Odor Sleuth
Mud-Slap
Take Down
Mud Shot
Double Kick
Dig
Bounce
Super Fang
Facade

Defense Curl
Rollout
Spikes

Toxic
Protect
Substitute
Double Team
Earthquake
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Strength
U-Turn
Wild Charge

Marowak [Quartz] (M)
Nature: Adamant (Attack increased by *, Special Attack decreased by *)

Type:
Ground

Abilities:
Rock Head/Lightningrod/Battle Armor (H)
Glyph of Rock Slide

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 45
Base Rank Total: 16

Attacks (25):
Bone Club
Growl
Tail Whip
Headbutt
Leer
Focus Energy
Bonemerang
Rage
Double-Edge
Bone Rush
Endeavor

Detect
Endure
Belly Drum
Perish Song
Play Rough
Screech

Fire Punch
Knock Off
Low Kick

Toxic
Brick Break
Dig
Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Thunderpunch
Rock Slide
Protect

Camerupt [Ian] (M)
Nature: Quiet (Increases Special Attack by *, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)

Type:
Fire/Ground

Abilities:
Magma Armor/Solid Rock/Anger Point (H)
Glyph of Eruption
: Causes Eruption to always have 15 BP regardless of the current HP and makes it deal full damage instead of 75% when hitting multiple targets.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 5 (+)
Spe: 34 (40/1.15)
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 6
Base Rank Total: 19

Attacks (27):
Growl
Tackle
Ember
Magnitude
Focus Energy
Take Down
Flame Burst
Yawn
Amnesia
Rock Slide
Lava Plume
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Earth Power
Eruption

Mud Bomb
Ancientpower
Endure
Scary Face
Body Slam

Heat Wave

Protect
Double Team
Substitute
Will-o-Wisp
Fire Blast
Stone Edge

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor

"Alright Maxim, here we go!"

"Claaay.... Doooool...."

"Let's shake things up a little already!"

"Slowly does it!"

"Ooh, look, a shiny thing. And another one, and another one!"

A1 have Camerupt Erupt and everyone else EQ, then A2 use your single-target attacks to keep this simple."

Claydol: Earthquake ~ Reflect [GLYPH]

Golem: Earthquake ~ Dig (Magnemite #1)
IF Magnemite #1 KOed, THEN Dig (Magnemite #2)
IF Magnemite #1 AND Magnemite #2 KOed, THEN Dig (Magnemite #3)

Gastrodon: Earthquake ~ Earth Power (Magnemite #1)
IF Magnemite #1 KOed, THEN Earth Power (Magnemite #2)
IF Magnemite #1 AND Magnemite #2 KOed, THEN Earth Power (Magnemite #3)

Fidgit: Wide Guard ~ Gravity

Chapter 2: A Storm Brews Overhead

After Harold and I had chosen our teams for the expedition, we started up the mountain. With us a tow of no less than eight ground types; with a name like Cliffs of Thunder we figured that would be pretty effective. I figured that with this many Pokemon, we could steamroll any powerful Pokemon that got in our way. Still, I knew enough that I couldn't let my guard down too much.

It took us a while to find a way to the top of this seemingly impenetrable peak. However, we eventually found a long and narrow bridge of stone to ascend the peak. Naturally, the place was a torrent of lightning, rain, and wind, and we were buffeted fiercely on the way up. Unfortunately, there didn't seem to be any nice tunnels to take shelter in so our only option was to follow the rather unstable and rough cliff which followed the circumference of the tall mountain. Occasionally, a thunderbolt would strike near my feet, me giving a yelp each time. Thankfully, I was able to get past the cliff unharmed because of some old rubber boots I managed to borrow from some construction workers. Past the cliffs, there was a cave, which we gladly entered to get out of the tumultuous storm.

The cave, for it's part, probably would've been a tourist attraction were it not for the constant storms. All around us were cerulean colored crystals that reflected throughout the cavern, though strangely these crystals sparked with electricity. Was this another side effect of the anomaly lying at the top of this mountain? Another fascinating thing about this place was that all the stones looked metallic, making the crystals' reflections even more beautiful. That said, we weren't here to see the sights, and continued on. We came to a hole in the ground. I was a bit worried about going down that particular hole, so I asked my Diggersby to dig me a safer hole down. Harold simply went down the hole as is, which was probably the smart move, since I wound up digging through to a large room, and crashed down right on top of some of the electric crystals! I was quite stung, though I had certainly felt worse, but I picked myself up and continued on, still admiring the sight of such a large room filled with crystal and metal.

After taking some care to not get zapped by any more crystals, we managed to cover the distance to the end of the cavern. We found ourselves in a long narrow hallway. Naturally, this place was full of crystals as well, but we weren't here to collect rocks, so we continued on. Suddenly, a small quake shook the ground and caused a cave in! Fortunately, nobody was injured, but it was rather inconvenient since we would now have to clear the rocks. Come to think of it, where did that quake come from?

"You have gotta be kidding me! How much damage can this Tyranitar take?"

"Natalie, do not worry about the beast. We will beat it eventually."

*Roars, uses Earthquake, and then uses Stoneform.*

"You were saying wise guy?"

"Hey, a rolling stone gathers no moss right?"

"Oh can it Socrates! That doesn't even make sense in this situation anyways! Let's get out of here! Machamp will take four of the statues, and you can carry the other three."

"Wait Natali---She's gone already..." *Sigh*

We called our teams out to help us clear out the cave in, but suddenly a strange noise rang through the area. I turned around to see three Magnemite clearly gunning for us. Sounds like the first boss just came to play.

"Oh great. Guys stop what you're doing! We have company."

"Right away sir, these guys won't last long."

"Hahaha! Can you possibly match the might of the Underminer?"

"Don't be cocky, there's more to these guys than meets the eye."

"Dur...why are these guys glowing red..."

Come to think of it, Ian had a point. The bosses in the Wildfire Plateau had glowed green when we had fought them, and they seemed to be much stronger than normal. I shrugged it off though, surely it couldn't be that important.

Ian (Camerupt): Eruption~Flamethrower (Magnemite 1)

Quartz (Marowak): Earthquake~Bomemerang (Magnemite 1)

Rosch (Colossoil): Earthquake~Drill Run (Magnemite 1)

Underminer (Diggersby): Earthquake~Brick Break (Magnemite 1)

For All:
If Magnemite 1 is KO'd when you are to act A2, then redirect to Magnemite 2
If Magnemite 1 AND Magnemite 2 are KO'd when you act A2, then redirect to Magnemite 3

Last edited:
Round 1

The three Magnemites focus their attacks on Rosch, but they're quickly dispatched by a barrage of seismic waves, the team safely protected by Multitask's barrier. However, the three Magnemites are ... suddendly a magnetic force shrouds the three magnets and makes them join in a new entity! To make things worse, the electricity lingering in the place polarizes the raid Pokemon!

HP 500
Atk 4
Def 4
SpA 7
SpD 4
Spe 81
Size Class 2
Weight Class 3
12+10% Accuracy boost

Abilities: Analytic, Magnet Pull, Sturdy

Quietness: Magneton is immune to Taunt, Rage Powder and Follow Me

[
1] |Spe 65| HP 90/Energy 94

Atk 3
Def 4
SpA 4
SpD 5
Spe 65
SC 3 / WC 5
Ability: Levitate
Glyph of Reflect

[
1] |Spe 39| HP 100/Energy 94

Atk 5
Def 5
SpA 3
SpD 3
Spe 39
SC 3 / WC 7
Abilities: Rock Head, Sturdy, Sand Veil
Glyph of Earth Power

[
1] |Spe 33| HP 110/Energy 94

Atk 4
Def 3
SpA 3
SpD 3
Spe 33
SC 2 / WC 3
Abilities: Sticky Hold, Storm Drain, Sand Force
Glyph of Recover

[
1] |Spe 105| HP 100/Energy 93

Atk 3
Def 4
SpA 3
SpD 3
Spe 105
SC 2 / WC 4
Abilities: Persistent, Vital Spirit, Prankster
Glyph of Earth Power

[
1] |Spe 95| HP 73/Energy 94

Atk 6
Def 3
SpA 2
SpD 3
Spe 95
SC 5 / WC 10
Abilities: Rebound, Guts, Pressure
Glyph of Rock Slide

[
1] |Spe 78| HP 100/Energy 94

Atk 6
Def 3 (4)
SpA 1
SpD 3 (4)
Spe 78
SC 2 / WC 3
Abilities: Pick Up, Cheek Pouch, Huge Power
Glyph of Rock Slide

[
1] |Spe 45| HP 90/Energy 94

Atk 8
Def 4
SpA 1
SpD 3
Spe 45
SC 2 / WC 3
Abilities: Rock Head, Lightningrod, Battle Armor
Glyph of Rock Slide

[
1] |Spe 34| HP 100/Energy 93

Atk 4
Def 3
SpA 5
SpD 3
Spe 34
SC 4 / WC 6
Abilities: Magma Armor, Solid Rock, Anger Point
Glyph of Eruption

HP 500, Reflective Wall (retaliates against physical attacks)
Wide Guard: 7 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 8092/10000
Earthquake (Magnemite1): (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Expert Belt] - 1 [Sturdy]) * 2.25 = 33 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 5971/10000
Earthquake (Magnemite2): (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Expert Belt] - 1 [Sturdy]) * 2.25 = 33 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 3493/10000
Earthquake (Magnemite3): (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Expert Belt] - 1 [Sturdy]) * 2.25 = 33 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 7687/10000
Earthquake (Magnemite1): (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif] + 1 [Rare Candy] - 1 [Sturdy]) * 2.25 = 30 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 5224/10000
Earthquake (Magnemite2): (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif] + 1 [Rare Candy] - 1 [Sturdy]) * 2.25 = 30 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 948/10000
Earthquake (Magnemite3): (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif] + 1 [Rare Candy] - 1 [Sturdy]) * 2.25 = 30 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 6618/10000
Earthquake (Magnemite1): (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy]) * 2.25 = 18 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 2971/10000
Earthquake (Magnemite1): (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy]) * 2.25 = 18 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 3363/10000
Earthquake (Magnemite1): (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy]) * 2.25 = 18 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 8655/10000
(1) Double-edge (Colossoil): 11 [BP] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Analytic] = 15 damage, 5 recoil

Crit roll (1-625): 4115/10000
SpD drop roll (1-2000): 4660/10000

(2) Flash Cannon (Colossoil): 8 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Analytic] = 16 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 914/10000
SpD drop roll (1-2000): 9048/10000

(3) Flash Cannon (Colossoil): 8 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Analytic] = 16 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 7711/10000
Earthquake (Magnemite1): (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy]) * 2.25 = 33 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 3355/10000
Earthquake (Magnemite2): (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy]) * 2.25 = 33 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 4493/10000
Earthquake (Magnemite3): (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy]) * 2.25 = 33 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 1734/10000
Earthquake (Magnemite1): (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy]) * 2.25 = 33 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 5172/10000
Earthquake (Magnemite2): (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy]) * 2.25 = 33 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 2441/10000
Earthquake (Magnemite3): (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy]) * 2.25 = 33 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 3606/10000
Eruption (Magnemite1): (15 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy]) * 1.5 = 30 damage, 7 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 9227/10000
Eruption (Magnemite2): (15 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy]) * 1.5 = 30 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 5265/10000
Eruption (Magnemite3): (15 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy]) * 1.5 = 30 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 4429/10000
Earthquake (Magnemite1): (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 2 [Expert Belt] - 1 [Sturdy]) * 2.25 = 26 damage, 6 energy
(1) Magnemite fainted!

Crit roll (1-625): 6576/10000
Earthquake (Magnemite1): (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 2 [Expert Belt] - 1 [Sturdy]) * 2.25 = 26 damage, 6 energy
(2) Magnemite fainted!

Crit roll (1-625): 7791/10000
(3) Magnemite fainted!

Transform: The surrounding magnetic forces cause the three Magnemite to join into a Magneton
Magneton activates its Reflective Wall

Polarity shift (Rolling 1/2 for each Pokemon)

Positive Charge: +4 to the base power of attacks used by or against this Pokemon
Negative Charge: -4 to the base power of attacks used by or against this Pokemon

Last edited:

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly

"Well that was efficient. Looks like we should lead with Fidgit taking threat this time? Fun fun fun... and we can hardly abuse our plusses this round, since Diggersby is stuck with Mud-Slap and Marowak has no moves. I'd suggest having Marowak setup with a Belly Drum then a Focus Energy, and Diggersby could manage to grab a Swords Dance this round. Camerupt I reckon should attack twice, preferably with at least one Flamethrower to set up the Core, and Colossoil would probably be best just bolstering his own stats - perhaps a Stockpile and a Chill wouldn't go amiss? Either way, fuck polarity @_@"

Claydol: Light Screen (Fidgit, Marowak, Diggersby) ~ Reflect [GLYPH]

Golem: Earth Power (Magneton) ~ Hidden Power (Magneton)

Gastrodon: Earth Power (Magneton) ~ Hidden Power (Magneton)

Fidgit: Earth Power (Magneton) ~ Hidden Power (Magneton)

I cheered a little inside when we took down the Magnemites in one action. It seemed like my plan to overwhelm the opposition had worked!

Or so I thought.

Suddenly, the magnetic forces...or something, intensified and the three Magnemites then fused into a full health, and angry looking Magneton. Additionally, my Porgon-Z reffing device malfunctioned again as some of our Pokemon glowed blue, and others glowed red. Not to mention, the enemy put up what looked to be a Reflect, but giant sized and meaner looking. In a rush, Rosch charged at the Magneton with a Drill Run, only to get smashed himself by said giant reflect. Great, damage reflecting shenanigans.

"Oh come now, first the Larvesta and now the Magnemite? This is just going great..."

Ian (Camerupt): Flamethrower~Earth Power

Rosch (Colossoil): Stockpile~Chill

Underminer (Diggersby): Swords Dance~Mud-Slap

Quartz (Marowak): Focus Energy~Chill

EDIT: Just so you all know, I've put up the introduction to this chapter up.

Last edited:
Round 2

Slowed down by the polarity, the team tries to damage the enemy slightly, while Aztec sets up some kind of defenses. Even the best defenses, though, can't prevent Magneton from severely injuring Multitask. The Steel-type foe then shifts its defenses and loads up on electricity, while the polarity changes again.

[
1] |Spe 65| HP 90/Energy 76
(Reflect for 8 more actions)
Atk 3
Def 4
SpA 4
SpD 5
Spe 65
SC 3 / WC 5
Glyph of Reflect

[
1] |Spe 39| HP 100/Energy 86
Atk 5
Def 5
SpA 3
SpD 3
Spe 39
SC 3 / WC 7
Glyph of Earth Power

[
1] |Spe 33| HP 110/Energy 86
Atk 4
Def 3
SpA 3
SpD 3
Spe 33
SC 2 / WC 3
Glyph of Recover

[
1] |Spe 105| HP 60/Energy 85
(Light Screen for 7 more actions, Reflect for 8 more actions, -1 Accuracy)
Atk 3
Def 4
SpA 3
SpD 3
Spe 105
SC 2 / WC 4
Glyph of Earth Power

[
1] |Spe 95| HP 73/Energy 98
(Reflect for 8 more actions, Stockpile 1)
Atk 6
Def 3
SpA 2
SpD 3
Spe 95
SC 5 / WC 10
Glyph of Rock Slide

[
1] |Spe 78| HP 100/Energy 84
(Light Screen for 7 more actions, Reflect for 8 more actions, +1 Attack)
Atk 6
Def 3 (4)
SpA 1
SpD 3 (4)
Spe 78
SC 2 / WC 3
Glyph of Rock Slide

[
1] |Spe 45| HP 90/Energy 70
(Light Screen for 7 more actions, Reflect for 8 more actions, Focus Energy for 4 more actions)
Atk 8
Def 4
SpA 1
SpD 3
Spe 45
SC 2 / WC 3
Glyph of Rock Slide

[
1] |Spe 34| HP 100/Energy 81
Atk 4
Def 3
SpA 5
SpD 3
Spe 34
SC 4 / WC 6
Glyph of Eruption

HP 303, Reflective Shield (retaliates against special attacks), 1 Charge Counter (+4 BP to Special attacks), Molten Relic (4a)
Crit roll (1-625): 624/10000
Earth Power (Critical Hit): (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] + 4 [Polarity] + 3 [Crit]) * 2.25 = 42 damage, 5 energy
Stockpile: Stockpile 1, +1 Defense, +1 Sp. Defense, 8 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 3640/10000
Accuracy drop roll (1-3000): 2141/10000

Mirror Shot (Fidgit): 7 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 5.5 [Stat Dif] + 4 [Polarity] + 2 [Analytic] = 22 damage, -1 Accuracy
Swords Dance: + 2 Attack, 7 energy
Light Screen: Fidgit, Diggersby, and Marowak are protected against special attacks for 9 actions, 9 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 7711/10000
Focus Energy: Focus Energy for 6 actions, 12 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 2880/10000
Earth Power: (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] - 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 17 damage, 5 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 8567/10000
Flamethrower: (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] - 4 [Polarity]) * 1.5 = 13 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 2767/10000
Earth Power: (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] - 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 17 damage, 5 energy

Molten Relic: Magneton suffers 10 damage
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crit roll (1-625): 8262/10000
Hidden Power: (6 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] + 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 28 damage, 3 energy
Chill: Restores 12 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 9702/10000
Double-edge (Fidgit): 12 [BP] + 4 [Polarity] + 2 [Analytic] = 18 damage, 6 recoil

Crit roll (1-625): 9833/10000
Mud-Slap: (4 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 4.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 1 [Rare Candy] + 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 15 damage, 3 energy
Reflect: The entire team is protected against physical attacks for 9 actions, 9 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 5986/10000
Hidden Power: (6 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] - 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 10 damage, 3 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 6247/10000
Earth Power: (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] - 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 19 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 8818/10000
Hidden Power (6 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] - 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 10 damage, 3 energy

Dynamo: Magneton gets a Charge counter (+4 to the BP of Special Attacks)
Magneton shifts to Reflective Shield

Positive Charge: +4 to the base power of attacks used by or against this Pokemon
Negative Charge: -4 to the base power of attacks used by or against this Pokemon

Last edited:

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
I make Fidgit to be at 66 HP, not 76.

And since I'm being honest about things, I ought to not mention my current feelings on Polarity...

We cautiously attacked it, and sure enough, the red glow meant a negative charge which meant less damage, while the blue glow meant positive and doing more damage. It was a rather annoying mechanic, especially with us getting 5 negative charges again. Still, I figured we could still do quite a bit of damage, so I ordered my team to go on the offensive.

"Dang it I hate this magnetism thing! I mean come on how can I be magnetically charged when I don't have an ounce of metal on me?"

"Uhm, your horn is metal?"

"Oh um...well it's probably nickel or some other metal that is not magnetic! Yeah that's right!"

"And this is why bone armor is the best."

"Hey you're magnetized too genius!"

"Yeah, but at least I'm magnetized in a good way"

Quartz (Marowak): Earthquake~Bonemerang

Ian (Camerupt): Earthquake~Focus Energy

Rosch (Colossoil): Earthquake~Drill Run

Underminer (Diggersby): Earthquake~Dig

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly

"I am not appreciative of this magnetism, I do not want to understand what science - if you can call it such - is behind it either."

Claydol: Earthquake ~ Dig

Golem: Earthquake ~ Dig

Gastrodon: Earthquake ~ Dig

Fidgit: Wide Guard ~ Drill Run

NOTE: Alas, I forgot to factor Analytic boost for the opponents' damage. HP values have been fixed accordingly.

Round 3

Despite the polarity charges, the team keeps up the offense steadily, eventually knocking out Magneton before it could annihilate Multitask. It seems all over...

... however, the three magnets are compressed by magnetic forces and fused in a new, even more frightening entity!

HP 900
Atk 5
Def 5
SpA 7
SpD 4
Spe 69
Weight Class: 5
6+10% Accuracy boost

Abilities: Magnet Pull, Sturdy, Analytic

[
1] |Spe 65| HP 90/Energy 70
(Reflect for 6 more actions)
Atk 3
Def 4
SpA 4
SpD 5
Spe 65
SC 3 / WC 5
Glyph of Reflect

[
1] |Spe 39| HP 100/Energy 80
Atk 5
Def 5
SpA 3
SpD 3
Spe 39
SC 3 / WC 7
Glyph of Earth Power

[
1] |Spe 33| HP 110/Energy 80
Atk 4
Def 3
SpA 3
SpD 3
Spe 33
SC 2 / WC 3
Glyph of Recover

[
1] |Spe 105| HP 29/Energy 73
(Light Screen for 5 more actions, Reflect for 6 more actions, -1 Sp. Defense)
Atk 3
Def 4
SpA 3
SpD 3
Spe 105
SC 2 / WC 4
Glyph of Earth Power

[
1] |Spe 95| HP 73/Energy 87
Atk 6
Def 3
SpA 2
SpD 3
Spe 95
SC 5 / WC 10
Glyph of Rock Slide

[
1] |Spe 78| HP 100/Energy 69
(Light Screen for 5 more actions, Reflect for 6 more actions)
Atk 6
Def 3 (4)
SpA 1
SpD 3 (4)
Spe 78
SC 2 / WC 3
Glyph of Rock Slide

[
1] |Spe 45| HP 90/Energy 58
(Light Screen for 5 more actions, Reflect for 6 more actions, Focus Energy for 2 more actions)
Atk 8
Def 4
SpA 1
SpD 3
Spe 45
SC 2 / WC 3
Glyph of Rock Slide

[
1] |Spe 34| HP 100/Energy 75
(Reflect for 8 more actions. Focus Energy for 5 more actions)
Atk 4
Def 3
SpA 5
SpD 3
Spe 34
SC 4 / WC 6
Glyph of Eruption

HP 900, Reflective Shield (retaliates against special attacks)

Crit roll (1-625): 7080/10000
Earthquake: (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] - 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 24 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 7642/10000
Accuracy drop roll (1-3000): 7558/10000

Mirror Shot (Fidgit): 7*0.67 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 5.5 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Analytic] + 4 [Charge] - 4 [Polarity] = 15 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 688/10000
Earthquake: (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 1 [Rare Candy] - 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 + 2 [Stage Dif] = 23 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 1483/10000
Earthquake: (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 27 damage, 6 energy
Earthquake (Critical Hit): (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 4 [Polarity] + 3 [Crit]) * 2.25 = 48 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 5129/10000
Earthquake: (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] - 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 20 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 4420/10000
Earthquake: (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Sturdy] + 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 30 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 5341/10000
Earthquake: (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] - 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 17 damage, 5 energy

Hit roll (1-7125): 8818/10000
Drill Run: missed, 5 energy

Hit roll (1-9500): 4322/10000
Crit roll (1-1250): 3504/10000

Drill Run: (8 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] - 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 25 damage, 5 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 5052/10000
SpD drop roll (1-2000): 997/10000

Flash Cannon (Fidgit): 8*0.67 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 5.5 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Analytic] + 4 [Charge] - 4 [Polarity] = 16 damage, -1 Sp. Defense
Diggersby digs underground!
Claydol digs underground!

Hit roll (1-9000): 8562/10000
Bonemerang (2 Critical Hits): (5*2 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 4 [Polarity] + 4 [Crit]) * 2.25 = 56 damage, 6 energy
Golem digs underground!
Focus Energy: Focus Energy for 6 actions, 12 energy
Gastrodon digs underground!

Crit roll (1-625): 7429/10000
Dig: (8 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 1 [Rare Candy] - 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 + 2 [Stage Dif] = 25 damage, 9 energy
Magneton fainted!
Transform: The surrounding magnetic forces causes Magneton to mutate into a MAgnezone!
Magnezone activates its Reflective Shield

Last edited:
Does Magnezone still have Shield up, even though it's the next round? Also, a threat list would be nice unless that resets, which it looks like it might.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
This upcoming round is going to look very familiar...

"OK, if there's a Mega Magnezone after this I'll be in a foul mood. Keep chipping away at it!"

The same as the last round ought to work - I believe Diggersby ends up taking threat here, which isn't bad when you factor in screens already being active. Also, I'm assuming that when Dig doesn't attack the move simply ends, and the user can pick their next move accordingly?

And just like that, we had taken down the Magneton. I had the Pokemon start working on the rocks again, confident that we had finished it off. Wouldn't you know it though, it revived itself again and evolved again! This time it turned into a Magnezone.

"OH COME ON! Why won't you stay down!?"

"You're worried about it reviving...durr...but I'm more concerned about...the fact that we're still getting magnetized..."

"Yeah come to think of it, how does that work anyways?"

"I've done it! I've finally completed my invention that can magnetize anything, even Ground type Pokemon! All I need to do now is get some lightning from the Cliffs of Thunder to power it!"

"Tyrantrum!"

"No! I don't want to play fetch the stick with you right now, can't you see that I'm busy? Now go away I need to test this invention!"

"RAWR!" *Grabs the invention with his mouth*

"NO GIVE THAT BACK!"

The two individuals struggled with the device for some time, before the inventor jerked it away and it flew away into a hole.

"...Tyrantrum?"

"..."

Ian (Camerupt): Earthquake~Focus Energy

Underminer (Diggersby): Earthquake~Dig

Round 4

Magnezone tackles violently Undermine and Quartz shortly after, but the team isn't phazed and keeps up the offensive effort relentlessly. The enemy suddenly shifts defenses and loads up a frightening amount of electricity, but it seems polarity has shifted as well to a more useful pattern.

[
1] |Spe 65| HP 90/Energy 55
(Reflect for 4 more actions)
Atk 3
Def 4
SpA 4
SpD 5
Spe 65
SC 3 / WC 5
Glyph of Reflect

[
1] |Spe 39| HP 100/Energy 65
Atk 5
Def 5
SpA 3
SpD 3
Spe 39
SC 3 / WC 7
Glyph of Earth Power

[
1] |Spe 33| HP 110/Energy 65
Atk 4
Def 3
SpA 3
SpD 3
Spe 33
SC 2 / WC 3
Glyph of Recover

[
1] |Spe 105| HP 29/Energy 61
(Light Screen for 3 more actions, Reflect for 4 more actions)
Atk 3
Def 4
SpA 3
SpD 3
Spe 105
SC 2 / WC 4
Glyph of Earth Power

[
1] |Spe 95| HP 73/Energy 76
Atk 6
Def 3
SpA 2
SpD 3
Spe 95
SC 5 / WC 10
Glyph of Rock Slide

[
1] |Spe 78| HP 85/Energy 54
Atk 6
Def 3 (4)
SpA 1
SpD 3 (4)
Spe 78
SC 2 / WC 3
Glyph of Rock Slide

[
1] |Spe 45| HP 75/Energy 46
Atk 8
Def 4
SpA 1
SpD 3
Spe 45
SC 2 / WC 3
Glyph of Rock Slide

[
1] |Spe 34| HP 100/Energy 57
(Reflect for 4 more actions, Focus Energy for 3 more actions)
Atk 4
Def 3
SpA 5
SpD 3
Spe 34
SC 4 / WC 6
Glyph of Eruption

HP 533, Reflective Wall (retaliates against physical attacks), 2 Charge Counters (+8 to the BP of special attacks)

Crit roll (1-625): 5375/10000
Earthquake: (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] - 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 20 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 7628/10000
Earthquake: (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 1 [Rare Candy] + 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 36 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 5188/10000
Take Down (Diggersby): 11*0.67 [BP] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Analytic] + 4 [Polarity] = 15 damage, 3 recoil

Crit roll (1-625): 6772/10000
Earthquake: (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 3 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] - 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 6 damage, 6 energy
Earthquake (Critical Hit): (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 4 [Polarity] + 3 [Crit]) * 2.25 = 45 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 7956/10000
Earthquake: (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] - 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 17 damage, 6 energy
Earthquake (Critical Hit): (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] - 4 [Polarity] + 3 [Crit]) * 2.25 = 16 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 8311/10000
Earthquake: (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] + 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 32 damage, 6 energy

Hit roll (1-9500): 1682/10000
Crit roll (1-1250): 5014/10000

Drill Run: (8 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 3 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] - 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 11 damage, 5 energy

Hit roll (1-9500): 1491/10000
Crit roll (1-1250): 5477/10000

Drill Run: (8 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] - 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 21 damage, 5 energy
Diggersby digs underground!
Double-edge (Marowak): 14*0.67 [BP] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 4 [Polarity] = 15 damage, 5 recoil
Claydol digs underground!

Hit roll (1-9000): 3686/10000
Bonemerang (2 Critical Hits): (5*2 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 4 [Polarity] + 4 [Crit]) * 2.25 = 53 damage, 6 energy
Golem digs underground!
Focus Energy: failed, 12 energy
Gastrodon digs underground!

Crit roll (1-625): 7429/10000
Dig: (8 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 1 [Rare Candy] + 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 + 2 [Stage Dif] = 37 damage, 9 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 151/10000
Dig (Critical Hit): (8 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 3 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] - 4 [Polarity] + 3 [Crit]) * 2.25 = 14 damage, 9 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 2897/10000
Dig: (8 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] - 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 18 damage, 9 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 2670/10000
Dig: (8 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] + 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 33 damage, 9 energy

Magnezone shifts to Reflective Wall
Giga Dynamo: Magnezone gets two Charge Counters (+8 to the BP of special attacks)

Positive Charge: +8 to the base power of attacks used by or against this Pokemon
Negative Charge: -8 to the base power of attacks used by or against this Pokemon

Last edited:

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly

"Aha, a chance to move onto the offensive! Preferably before we suddenly die... I think over the course of the next 2 actions Gastrodon ends up being the one to take the threat here. Probably a good thing, really. Marowak will take a couple of hits, so it may be wise to have him Endure A1? It's not as if he has much else to do.... we might actually be able to get the KO here, the Earth Powers do a lot of damage."

Claydol: Earth Power (Magnezone) ~ Hidden Power (Magnezone)

Golem: Earth Power (Magnezone) ~ Flamethrower (Magnezone)

Gastrodon: Earth Power (Magnezone) ~ Hidden Power (Magnezone)

Fidgit: Earth Power (Magnezone) ~ Hidden Power (Magnezone)

Ian (Camerupt): Eruption~Earth Power

Quartz (Marowak): Endure~Chill

Underminer (Diggersby): Mud Shot~Swords Dance

Rosch (Colossoil): Sand Tomb~Stockpile

Round 5

The team takes note of Magnezone's change in defenses and switches to elemental assaults, while the physically stronger raid mates hold back. The favourable polarity allowed the squad to deliver significant damage, but Magnezone is not destroyed yet, and its power is quickly getting out of hand...

[
1] |Spe 65| HP 90/Energy 46
(Reflect for 2 more actions)
Atk 3
Def 4
SpA 4
SpD 5
Spe 65
SC 3 / WC 5
Glyph of Reflect

[
1] |Spe 39| HP 100/Energy 53
Atk 5
Def 5
SpA 3
SpD 3
Spe 39
SC 3 / WC 7
Glyph of Earth Power

[
1] |Spe 33| HP 110/Energy 56
Atk 4
Def 3
SpA 3
SpD 3
Spe 33
SC 2 / WC 3
Glyph of Recover

[
1] |Spe 105| HP 29/Energy 53
(Light Screen for 1 more actions, Reflect for 2 more actions)
Atk 3
Def 4
SpA 3
SpD 3
Spe 105
SC 2 / WC 4
Glyph of Earth Power

[
1] |Spe 95| HP 73/Energy 64
(Reflect for 2 more actions, Stockpile 1)
Atk 6
Def 3
SpA 2
SpD 3
Spe 95
SC 5 / WC 10
Glyph of Rock Slide

[
1] |Spe 78| HP 85/Energy 44
(Light Screen for 1 more action, Reflect for 2 more actions, +2 Attack)
Atk 6
Def 3 (4)
SpA 1
SpD 3 (4)
Spe 78
SC 2 / WC 3
Glyph of Rock Slide

[
1] |Spe 45| HP 23/Energy 43
(Light Screen for 1 more action, Reflect for 2 more actions)
Atk 8
Def 4
SpA 1
SpD 3
Spe 45
SC 2 / WC 3
Glyph of Rock Slide

[
1] |Spe 34| HP 100/Energy 44
(Reflect for 2 more actions, Focus Energy for 1 more action)
Atk 4
Def 3
SpA 5
SpD 3
Spe 34
SC 4 / WC 6
Glyph of Eruption

HP 136, Reflective Shield (retaliates against special attacks), 4 Charge Counters (+16 to the BP of special attacks), Sand Tomb (2a), Molten Relic (4a)
Endure: Marowak braced itself, 15 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 7029/10000
Earth Power: (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] + 8 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 44 damage, 5 energy

Hit roll (1-8500): 7830/10000
Crit roll (1-625): 5192/10000

Sand Tomb: (4 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] - 8 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 3 damage, Magnezone is trapped, 4 energy
Reflective Wall: 3*0.5 = 2 damage

Hit roll (1-9500): 5750/10000
Crit roll (1-625): 5188/10000

Mud Shot: (6 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 4.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 1 [Rare Candy] + 8 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 27 damage, 3 energy

Confusion roll (1-1000): 2275/10000
Signal Beam (Marowak): 8*0.67 [BP] + 5 [Stat Dif] + 8 [Charge] + 8 [Polarity] = 26 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 1477/10000
Earth Power: (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Sturdy] + 8 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 43 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 7303/10000
Earth Power: (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] - 8 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 8 damage, 5 energy
Eruption (Critical Hit): (15 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 8 [Polarity] + 3 [Crit]) * 1.5 = 44 damage, 7 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 1057/10000
Earth Power: (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] + 8 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 44 damage, 6 energy

Sand Tomb: Magnezone suffers 2 damage
Molten Relic: Magnezone suffers 10 damage
Crit roll (1-625): 1789/10000
Hidden Power: (6 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] + 8 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 37 damage, 3 energy
Stockpile: Stockpile 1, +1 Defense, +1 Sp. Defense, 8 energy
Swords Dance: +2 Attack, 7 energy

Confusion roll (1-1000): 6284/10000
Signal Beam (Marowak): 8*0.67 [BP] + 5 [Stat Dif] + 8 [Charge] + 8 [Polarity] = 26 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 9932/10000
Hidden Power: (6 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Sturdy] + 8 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 36 damage, 3 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 5072/10000
Burn roll (1-1000): 4655/10000

Flamethrower: (9 [BP] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] - 8 [Polarity]) * 1.5 = 1 damage, 7 energy
Earth Power (Critical Hit): (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 8 [Polarity] + 3 [Crit]) * 2.25 = 53 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 9820/10000
Hidden Power: (6 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] + 8 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 37 damage, 3 energy

Sand Tomb: Magnezone suffers 2 damage
Molten Relic: Magnezone suffers 10 damage

Magnezone shifts to Reflective Shield
Giga Dynamo: Magnezone gets two Charge Counters (+8 to the BP of special attacks)

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly

"Aaaand wrap it up!"

This thing started changing barriers almost as fast as we could deal damage, but we knew it was weakening quite fast. There was little left to do at this point except end this Magnezone. Hopefully it won't revive again...

Ian (Camerupt): Earthquake~Body Slam

Underminer (Diggersby): Earthquake~Hammer Arm

Round 6

Magnezone fires a very damaging barrage of shiny starshaped rays on the team, but the powerful quakes quickly finish it, shattering it in pieces!

[
1] |Spe 65| HP 73/Energy 40
(Reflect for 1 more action)
Atk 3
Def 4
SpA 4
SpD 5
Spe 65
SC 3 / WC 5
Glyph of Reflect

[
1] |Spe 39| HP 100/Energy 47
Atk 5
Def 5
SpA 3
SpD 3
Spe 39
SC 3 / WC 7
Glyph of Earth Power

[
1] |Spe 33| HP 80/Energy 50
Atk 4
Def 3
SpA 3
SpD 3
Spe 33
SC 2 / WC 3
Glyph of Recover

[
1] |Spe 105| HP 29/Energy 46
Atk 3
Def 4
SpA 3
SpD 3
Spe 105
SC 2 / WC 4
Glyph of Earth Power

[
1] |Spe 95| HP 51/Energy 58
(Reflect for 1 more action, Stockpile 1)
Atk 6
Def 3
SpA 2
SpD 3
Spe 95
SC 5 / WC 10
Glyph of Rock Slide

[
1] |Spe 78| HP 85/Energy 38
(Reflect for 1 more action, +2 Attack)
Atk 6
Def 3 (4)
SpA 1
SpD 3 (4)
Spe 78
SC 2 / WC 3
Glyph of Rock Slide

[
1] |Spe 45| HP 23/Energy 37
Atk 8
Def 4
SpA 1
SpD 3
Spe 45
SC 2 / WC 3
Glyph of Rock Slide

[
1] |Spe 34| HP 100/Energy 44
Atk 4
Def 3
SpA 5
SpD 3
Spe 34
SC 4 / WC 6
Glyph of Eruption

HP 0
Crit roll (1-625): 7029/10000

Crit roll (1-625): 1404/10000

Crit roll (1-625): 4088/10000
Earthquake: (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 1 [Rare Candy] + 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 + 4 [Stage Dif] = 40 damage, 6 energy

Targets: 4/7, 1/6
Crit roll (1-625): 7592/10000[/I]
Swift (Claydol): 6*0.75 [BP] + 2.5 [Stat Dif] + 16 [Charge] + 4 [Polarity] = 27 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 761/10000
Swift (Gastrodon): 6*0.75 [BP] + 5.5 [Stat Dif] + 16 [Charge] + 4 [Polarity] = 30 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 2516/10000
Swift (Colossoil): 6*0.75 [BP] + 5.5 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Analytic] + 16 [Charge] - 4 [Polarity] - 2 [Stage Dif] = 22 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 4915/10000
Earthquake: (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 3 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 24 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 590/10000
Earthquake (Critical Hit): (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3.5 [Stat Dif] - 1 [Sturdy] + 4 [Polarity] + 3 [Crit]) * 2.25 = 45 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 1905/10000
Earthquake: (10*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Sturdy] + 2 [Expert Belt] + 4 [Polarity]) * 2.25 = 35 damage, 6 energy
Magnezone fainted!

Congratulations, Dogfish44 and Maxim, on your success!

Each trainer: 2 CC, 3 Valor Counters, 8 KOC (to be spent only on the Pokemon involved in the raid or as CC)
Each Pokemon: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 AC or 3 MC or (moves/15) CC
Glyph of Flash Cannon: Removes Flash Cannon's secondary effect chance and causes it to have a 30% chance to raise user's Special Attack by 1 stage (Doesn't work on Pokémon with the ability Sheer Force)
Glyph of Explosion: Causes Explosion to affect only one opponent instead of all allies and enemies, raises its base power by 40 and causes it to ignore resistances.
Lightning Stone: Raises the power of Electric-type attacks by (4), and reduces the energy cost of Reflect and Light Screen by (1) while extending the duration of these moves by (3) additional actions.

You will be able to claim your rewards once your raid is over.

After few time, you manage to clear your way, allowing you to reach the outside once again. Now you are probably higher than before, and the winds blow even stronger. Fearsome lightnings glow at every instant in the black, clouded sky. The route proceeds in a circular fashion around the mountain, slowly rising. Sometimes you find peculiar rock shapes, almost resembling artificial constructions. But if they indeed were, they are so ruined you can't possibly grasp what they used to look in the past.

The path ends almost atop of the peak. In front of you, a perilous bridge of wood oscillates upon the bottomless pit below you. The bridge looks seriously unsafe and ready to crash under the harshness of the wild winds which blow at this height, but you are not willing to go back either. After an understandable moment of breathtaking and reflection, you start making your careful steps on the eroded wooden bars of the bridge. They make alarming noises as you put your feet over them, and sometimes they even crack, almost making you fall below a fair share of times. You wonder why you're here, among other things. Nevertheless, after the longest minutes in your life, you find yourself on the other side of the bridge. Suddendly, a bolt of lightning hits the bridge near its center, setting it on fire and causing it to crack and fall. If you had any ideas about turning back, it looks like nature kindly lifted you from the burden of choice.

As you proceed through this sort of plateau, you spot here and there huge stalagmites, drawing lightnings and discharging them to the ground like immense lightningrods. Taken between a mix of fear and awe, you advance between these impressive wonders, until you reach the other side of the plateau. A rather narrow route descends along the shape of the peak. You have no idea where will it take you, but you decide to go through it nonetheless. The path slowly widens until it becomes a quite large cliff, which surrounds the mountain on its northern side - assuming your senses can still tell you where north is. After not long, though, you find yourself in a dead end, much to your disappointment. A slide blocked the path, preventing you from continuing. You can't go back either, since the bridge was turned to ashes under your sorry eyes. You start to think about what to do, but then again, suddendly a mighty roar breaks your concentration, and spurs you to turn your eyes above!

HP 1050
Atk 5
Def 4
SpA 7
SpD 4
Spe 115
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 4
16+10% Accuracy boost

Abilities: Lightningrod, Pressure

Lightning Shield: prevents any damage or status from affecting Zapdos. Can absorb up to 500 HP before faltering.
A Tynamo spawns
A Tynamo spawns
A Tynamo spawns

The thunder bird looks menacing enough, but he doesn't seem to be alone either! Down the cliff slowly crawl three strange creatures!

HP 90 (Add)
Atk 3
Def 2
SpA 3
SpD 2
Spe 60

After some time, we managed to clear the way. Unfortunately, on the other side of the path was an exit to the outside, storming even worse now. At least we made decent progress towards the top. The path wound up the mountain, kind of like we were on a giant screw. Occasionally, one of us would notice some odd formations, seemingly man made, dotting the path. However, they were so weathered by the elements that we couldn't really figure out what they were used for. I imagined that it might've been some kind of temple, people don't usually build anything else on the top of random mountains.

Eventually, we reached the end of the path, and the peak was within sight. No doubt we'd find some kind of anomaly up at the top. The bad news was the only thing connecting the path to the top of the mountain was a rickety wooden bridge. I started having familiar feelings of vertigo, and I figured the bridge must've been on it's last legs up here. Still, we couldn't go back, so we proceeded, though it took me a little while to take the first step. As if I wasn't scared enough from the sheer height of the bridge, the bridge creaked, it even sent me and Harold for a scare trip a few times as the boards cracked. I started pondering the meaning of my life. Nevertheless, after the longest minutes in my life, I got to the other side of the bridge safe and sound. A loud bolt of thunder sounded, which immediately gave me a jump, as I was still recovering from the bridge trip. Harold simply laughed at this and said it was just a lightning bolt. However, suddenly another lightning bolt struck, this time on the bridge we were just on. Looks like we weren't coming down that way.

As we proceeded through the plateau, I noticed quite the spectacular sight. All across the plateau were stalagmites that were luring the electricity towards them like giant lightningrods. I decided to take a few pictures of the wondrous sight, though I was still a bit nervous incase these things decided to stick some lightning in me. Luckily, we managed to pass through unharmed. We took a narrow path to the top of the mountain where, wouldn't you know it, we ran into another dead end, courtesy of another earthquake. I started to express my annoyance at my bad luck, but then we heard a roar above our heads! I took a look up, and sure enough, there was another Pokemon trying to kill us. This time, it was the electric bird Zapdos.

"Another legendary bird? What's the last one going to have, Articuno? No matter, come on out team!"

"This bird will fall to our might sire!"

"Ah man, this one's flying, how am I supposed to deal with that?"

"Durr...by using Earthquake of course. That's what you do for everything else."

"This could be quite problematic."

Suddenly, the Zapdos covered itself in some kind of shield. As if that wasn't enough, three Tynamo came down to greet us. While Tynamo weren't exactly threatening, I was worried because this was the perfect place for an Eelektross breeding ground...

Ian (Camerupt): Eruption~Earthquake

Quartz (Marowak): Focus Energy~Earthquake

Underminer (Diggersby): Swords Dance~Earthquake

Rosch (Colossoil): Drill Run (Zapdos)~Earthquake

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly

"OK, enabling defensive positions.... let's go!"

Claydol: Reflect [GLYPH] ~ Light Screen (Colossoil, Golem, Fidgit)

Fidgit: Gravity ~ Wide Guard

Golem: Rock Tomb (Zapdos) ~ Earthquake

Gastrodon: Mud Bomb (Zapdos) ~ Earthquake

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)