[WIN] Eye of the Storm (Normal) - Frosty and SubwayJ

You arrive near the gate when the sun is already high in the sky. There seems to be a lot of movement in the quarters, with guards making haste from the courtyard to the barbican warding the path leading to the top of the mountain. Suddendly, one of them spots you and runs to you quickly. "Hail, trainers. We were waiting for you. Please, this way". You follow uncertain the man up to the stone building close to the gate and wait as he knocks the door repeteadly. "The trainers are here, sir!", he tells with excited voice at the person on the other side of the door. Shortly after, what looks to be some kind of officer or commander opens the door and greets you warmly. "Welcome, trainers. The Champion is over there".
Near a rough wooden table, Lance was discussing over a map near a woman with blue hair and a fluent black cloak, but both turn their attention on you as soon as you enter the quarters. "You've come at the right time, trainers", says the champion with a smile. "We're planning our operation on the summit of Stormrage Mountain - ah, allow me to introduce you to Clair. She will lead this expedition". Once mentioned, you now recognize her as the Gym Leader of Blackthorn town.
"Nice to meet you, trainers", greets you the woman. "But we don't have time for presentations. The hour has come to reach the top of the mountain and put an end to this crisis".
"Well said, Clair", agrees Lance. "You must leave as soon as possible. How many guards do you need to bring with you?"
"None", replies the gym leader. "We can't afford to weaken our already scarce presence here. These two trainers and I will be more than enough".
"Very well, then", concluded the champion. "Good luck, guys".
Clair nods and then turns her eyes on you. "Let's go!"

The path slowly rises in circles, following the shape of the mountain. Strangely, the weather is really calm, more than it ever has been since your arrival at Stormrage Mountain. It does not take more than an hour before you reach the summit. "There we are", says Clair, looking around. "This is the highest echelon of the mountain". This rather large plateau is surrounded by several sharp peaks, but all in all it looks pretty barren. You wonder if what you're looking for is actually here or not. Even the gym leaders appears to be quite surprised.
"That's strange", comments Clair perplexed. "Maybe the legendary birds were the only cause for the altered weather?"
"Unlikely", tells one of you. "From what Lance said, while the mountain is calmer now, the surrounding regions are still affected by violent storms"
"You're right", agrees her. "I guess that, although inactive at the moment for some reason, the cause for the wild weather must lie somewhere around here".
"Superbly correct, milady".
The sudden, deep and cold voice cause you and Clair to turn around. A blonde man with an odd red eyeglass is slowly walking towards you, dressed in an ancient regal robe. You find his face familiar, but you can't recognize him. The same can't be said for Clair. "Ghetsis!"

"Welcome, vanguards of the New Dawn", greeted them the sage. "That's how you're called, isn't it?"
"You had been missing for ten years!", replied Clair astonished. "Why are you here?".
"The wheels of fate already started to spin again", explained Ghetsis, with an ample gesture of the arm. "The time for the Great Renewal is approaching. It is all part of the plan".
"You're completely mad", commented the gym leader. "What are you babbling about?"
"It is not necessary for you to know anymore. I am only a pawn, like Mewtwo", answered the man. "Whatever happens here matters little"
"Mewtwo?", repeated Clair. "Is he involved? That's impossible! This entire story is preposterous!".
"If you can't believe my words, how will you understand what your eyes are going to see?", asked Ghetsis, taking a strange wand from his robe and raising it above his head. The clouds above the mountain started to rumble menacingly. Then, two giant shades became slowly visible through the mist until they broke through the cloudscape.

Clair stares in fear at the sight of the two majestic birds, and so you do. "The might of elements... the means to cleanse this world for the Great Renewal", said Ghetsis in an estatic attitude. "All lies in my hands now... the wheels of fate are spinning before your very eyes!".
"Ghetsis, stop this!", shouts Clair, running towards him with a Poké Ball in her hand. But the sage points the wand towards her and summons a red lightning bolt, which strikes the ground beneath her and knocks her back, beyond the precipice.
"Clair!", you cry, terrified.
"Your fate runs short, trainers", commented Ghetsis with a malicious laugh. "But don't worry, the end of your brethen is just as nigh. Farewell!". And out from nowhere, he disappears in a lustering burst of red light, leaving you alone to face the two mythical creatures!

HP 600
Atk 6
Def 4
SpA 5
SpD 7
Spe 104
12% Accuracy boost

Ability: Regenerator

HP 600
Atk 4
Def 6
SpA 4
SpD 7
Spe 127
19% Accuracy boost

Ability: Multiscale

Dusknoir * (Bongo Bongo) M
Nature: Brave (+ Attack; - Speed, -10% evasion)
Type: Ghost

Abilities:
Pressure/Frisk (H) [LOCKED]

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 5 (+)
Def: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 5
Spe: 39 (-)
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 5
Base Rank Total: 21

EC: 9/9
MC: 0
AC: 3/5

Attacks (94/96+X):
Astonish (*)
Attract
Bind
Blizzard
Body Slam
Brick Break
Bulldoze
Calm Mind
Charge Beam
Confuse Ray (*)
Counter
Curse
Dark Pulse
Destiny Bond (*)
Disable (*)
Double-Edge
Double Team
Dream Eater
DynamicPunch
Earthquake
Embargo
Endure
Facade
Faint Attack
Fire Punch
Flash
Fling
Focus Blast
Focus Punch
Foresight (*)
Frustration
Future Sight
Giga Impact
Gravity
Grudge
Headbutt
Helping Hand
Hex
Hidden Power Water
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
Imprison (*)
Leer (*)
Mean Look
Mega Kick
Mega Punch
Memento
Metronome
Mimic
Mud Slap
Natural Gift
Night Shade (*)
Nightmare
Ominous Wind
Pain Split (*)
Payback
Power-Up Punch
Protect
Psych Up
Psychic
Pursuit (*)
Rain Dance
Rapid Spin
Return (*)
Rest
Rock Slide
Rock Smash
Rock Tomb
Round
Secret Power
Seismic Toss
Shadow Ball
Shadow Punch
Shadow Sneak (*)
Skill Swap
Sleep Talk
Snatch
Snore
Spite
Substitute
Sucker Punch
Sunny Day
Taunt
Telekinesis
Thief
Thunder Punch
Trick
Trick Room (*)
Torment
Toxic
Will-o-Wisp (*)
Wonder Room

Shadow Mend

Fidgit (Dethl) Male
Nature: Careful
Type: Poison/Ground
Abilities: Persistent/Vital Spirit/Prankster (H) [UNLOCKED]

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 2 (-)
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 105
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 20

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
AC: 5/5

Attacks (52/103+X):
Acid Spray
After You
Air Slash
Block
Body Slam
Circle Throw
Clear Smog
Comet Punch
Copycat
Disable
Drill Run
Earth Power
Earthquake
Encore
Entrainment
Follow Me
Gastro Acid
Gravity
Gust
Haze
Heal Block
Heal Pulse
Helping Hand
Knock Off
Light Screen
Lucky Chant
Magic Room
Metronome
Misty Terrain
Rapid Spin
Razor Wind
Reflect
Rest
Rototiler
Sand Attack
Sand Tomb
Skill Swap
Sleep Talk
Sludge Bomb
Sludge Wave
Snatch
Stealth Rock
Sticky Web
Tailwind
Taunt
Toxic
Toxic Spikes
Trick Room
Venoshock
Whirlwind
Wide Guard
Wonder Room

Caesar the Tyrantrum (♂)

Type:

Originally found in Glittering Cave as a Jaw Fossil, Caesar was revitalized by Subway at the Ambrette Fossil Research Facility. Caesar is often perceived as a very vain and selfish character, but is actually very kind once you get to know him. The one who’s always looking for his reflection.

Nature: Jolly (+Speed, -Special Attack)

Abilities:

Strong Jaw: (Passive)
Rock Head: (Passive) (Unlocked)

Glyph of Crunch: Raises the power of Crunch by 1.

Stats:

Attack: Rank 5
Defence: Rank 5
Special Attack: Rank 2 (-)
Special Defense: Rank 2
Speed: 82 (+) (+8ACC)
Size Class: 5
Weight Class: 6

Evolution Counters: 6/6
Ability Counters: 5/5
Move Counters: 0

Moves:

Tail Whip
Tackle
Roar
Stomp
Bide
Stealth Rock
Bite
Charm
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Crunch
Head Smash
Horn Drill
Rock Slide
Giga Impact
Ancientpower
Dragon Tail
Thrash

Dig
Aerial Ace
Stone Edge
Brick Break
Protect
Facade
Toxic
Double Team
Sleep Talk
Substitute
Rock Tomb
Bulldoze

Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Poison Fang
Dragon Dance

Draco Meteor

Nature: Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)

Type: Rock

Abilities:
Levitate:
(Passive)
Technician: (Passive)
Mold Breaker: (Passive)

Glyph of Ancientpower: Raises the base secondary effect chance of Ancientpower to 30%

Stats: (Modest Nature)
Attack: Rank 1 (-)
Defence: Rank 3
Special Attack: Rank 6 (+)
Special Defence: Rank 3
Speed: 130
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 21

EC 9/9
MC 1
AC 5/5

Moves:

Tackle
Defense Curl
Rollout
Rock Blast
Disable
Acupressure
Mud Shot
Power Gem
Paleo Wave
Metal Sound
Giga Drain
Weather Ball
Magnet Rise
Electro Ball
Head Smash
Rock Polish
Double Edge
Magnetic Flux

Earth Power
Heat Wave
Vacuum Wave
Ancientpower
Trick
Ominous Wind

Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Protect
Hidden Power Ice (6)
Volt Switch
Flamethrower
Flash Cannon
Double Team
Calm Mind

Total Moves: 33

Erratic Weather roll: 1/4
Erratic Weather (Sun]: The sunlight turns harsh!

Last edited:

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Dusknoir: Gravity - Helping Hand (Tyrantrum)
Fidgit: Reflect - Misty Terrain

Let's test the waters before making anything more complicated. Gravity makes Head Smash and Stone Edge reliable and only Reflect should be able to prevent Earthquakes, hopefully. Misty Terrain is because I don't have Safeguard, but it will work exactly the same way.

Tyrantrum should get threat, as dragon typing makes Solarbeam less of a drag.

Head Smash with Tyrantrum A2 and don't use the same moves twice in a roll (yeah it is obvious, but since energy will be a huge thing here, I need to make it explicit). For starters, a simples offensive approach should make do for now.

We may adapt the strategy as this goes.

Round 1

Dethl conjures a barrier to protect his team mates, but while doing so he draws Lugia's attention. Tapping into its psychic power, the bird assaults the Fidgit with a massive blast of mind force. Ho-Oh turns on the ground spider as well, but at the last moment the Stratagem smacks it with a globe of primal energy. The fiery phoenix, angered by the blow, drains the Rock-type's lifeforce in return. Caesar, while slower than its team mates, doesn't refrain from action, and wounds Ho-Oh with sharpened rocks.

Worried about its Dragon-type partner's accuracy, Bongo Bongo intensifies the gravity and runs to its mate's aid, allowing the Tyrantrum to deliver a terrible strike on the phoenix. Not before the two birds manage to score another decisive blow on the faster raid Pokemon, though. Dethl and the Stratagem, while hanging in, are beginning to feel the blunt of the legendary foes' paybacks.

For the moment, though, the intense sunlight seems to have faded. What comes next?

[
1] |Spe 39| HP 90/Energy 70
Atk 5
Def 5
SpA 3
SpD 5
Spe 39
SC 4 / WC 5
Abilities: Pressure, Frisk

[
1] |Spe 105| HP 54/Energy 80 (Reflect for 7 more actions)
Atk 2
Def 4
SpA 3
SpD 4
Spe 105
SC 2 / WC 4
Abilities: Persistent, Vital Spirit, Prankster

|Spe 82| HP 100/Energy 86 (Reflect for 7 more actions)
Atk 5
Def 5
SpA 2
SpD 2
Spe 82
SC 5 / WC 6
Abilities: Strong Jaw, Rock Head
Glyph of Crunch

|Spe 130| HP 66/Energy 90 (Reflect for 7 more actions)
Atk 1
Def 3
SpA 6
SpD 3
Spe 130
SC 2 / WC 3
Abilities: Levitate, Technician, Mold Breaker
Glyph of Ancientpower

HP 600
HP 445
Reflect: Fidgit, Tyrantrum, and Stratagem are protected against physical attacks for (9) actions, 10 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 3956/10000
Stats boost roll (1-3000): 6438/10000

Ancientpower (Ho-Oh): (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Expert Belt]) * 2.25 = 29 damage, 4 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 946/10000
Psycho Boost (Fidgit): (14 [BP] + 3 [STAB]) * 1.5 = 26 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 2747/10000
Giga Drain (Stratagem): (8 [BP] + 3 [Stat Dif]) * 1.5 = 17 damage, 9 HP restored

Hit roll (1-8800): 3651/10000
Crit roll (1-1250): 3625/10000

Stone Edge (Ho-Oh): (10 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif]) * 2.25 = 33 damage, 6 energy

Gravity: Gravity for (4) rounds, 10 energy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Helping Hand (Tyrantrum): 20 energy
Misty Terrain: Misty Terrain for (4) rounds, 10 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 7850/10000
Paleo Wave (Ho-Oh): (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Expert Belt]) * 2.25 = 29 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 3032/10000
SpD drop roll (1-1000): 6181/10000

Psychic (Fidgit): (10 [BP] + 3 [STAB]) * 1.5 = 20 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 5022/10000
Giga Drain (Stratagem): (8 [BP] + 3 [Stat Dif]) * 1.5 = 17 damage, 9 HP restored

Crit roll (1-625): 8726/10000
Head Smash (Ho-Oh): (16*2 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif]) * 2.25 = 82 damage, 10 energy

Gravity for (3) more rounds
Misty Terrain for (3) more rounds
Erratic Weather roll: 4/4
Erratic Weather (Clear Skies): The sunlight fades

Last edited:

Frosty

=_=
I am getting 173 damage on Ho-oH. It should have 427hp.

K, SubwayJ, let us proceed. I didn't expect Fidgit to be that damaged by Lugia, by I guess I should have.

Fidgit: Chill - Body Slam (Ho-oH)

Dusknoir (Toogle Pressure on): Shadow Mend (Fidgit) - Helping Hand (Tyrantrum)

Payback is to draw threat and break Multiscale. Damage will be almost null, but oh well.

The actionset draws threat to Dusknoir as it should be able to take Lugia's attacks better. Fidgit will be hit only once (maybe twice if Twin Storms is triggered), so it should be fine.

On the next round, Dusknoir will be very tired, so Fidgit will take over his HH duties. We will get the exactly same output this round, lowering Ho-oH's hp to 254, which seems good enough for round 2. If everything goes well, we should be able to defeat Ho-oH on Round 4. If we don't screw up until then.

I am not gonna Light Screen for now, since Twin Storms will be Flying Type, which we can handle for the most part. But just in case keep your fingers crossed so it doesn't happen.

You didn't break Multiscale, but I will I guess

Tyrantrum: Rock Slide - Head Smash (Ho-Oh)
Stratagem: Ancientpower (Ho-Oh)-Paleo Wave (Ho-Oh)

Round 2

The Rock-types keep attacking, but the two birds retaliate with powerful elemental assaults. Bongo Gongo realizes Dethl is taking quite a beating and heals it with its shadowy weaving, before coming to the aid of the Tyrantrum. However, suddenly Lugia and Ho-Oh start flying in circle, summoning a violent whirlwind that damages the entire raid squad. Nevertheless, Caesar and the Stratagem are unphazed, and retaliate at the best of their capabilities.

As if the damage suffered wasn't harsh enough, clouds swarm the sky and a relentless hailstorm brews!

[
1] |Spe 39| HP 77/Energy 37 (Pressure ON)
Atk 5
Def 5
SpA 3
SpD 5
Spe 39
SC 4 / WC 5

[
1] |Spe 105| HP 39/Energy 86 (Reflect for 5 more actions)
Atk 2
Def 4
SpA 3
SpD 4
Spe 105
SC 2 / WC 4

|Spe 82| HP 68/Energy 71 (Reflect for 5 more actions)
Atk 5
Def 5
SpA 2
SpD 2
Spe 82
SC 5 / WC 6
Glyph of Crunch

|Spe 130| HP 55/Energy 80 (Reflect for 5 more actions)
Atk 1
Def 3
SpA 6
SpD 3
Spe 130
SC 2 / WC 3
Glyph of Ancientpower

HP 595
HP 262
Pressure: toggled ON.

Crit roll (1-625): 2494/10000
Stats boost roll (1-3000): 8430/10000

Ancientpower (Ho-Oh): (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Expert Belt]) * 2.25 = 29 damage, 4 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 889/10000
SpD drop roll (1-1000): 5402/10000

Psychic (Fidgit): (10 [BP] + 3 [STAB]) * 1.5 = 20 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 9122/10000
SpD drop roll (1-1000): 2746/10000

Earth Power (Tyrantrum): (9 [BP] + 4.5 [Stat Dif]) * 1.5 = 20 damage
Chill: Restores 12 energy

Crit roll (1-1250): 7051/10000
Rock Slide (Lugia): (8*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif]) * 0.5 * 1.5 = 6 damage, 5 energy

Crit roll (1-1250): 269/10000
Rock Slide (Ho-Oh, Critical Hit): (8*0.75 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Crit]) * 2.25 = 30 damage

Shadow Mend (Fidgit): 20 HP restored, 13 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 4404/10000
Paleo Wave (Ho-Oh): (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Expert Belt]) * 2.25 = 29 damage, 6 energy

Twin Storm (Flying)
Dusknoir: 10 [BP] + 3 [STAB] = 13 damage
Fidgit: 10 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] = 15 damage
Tyrantrum: (10 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 4.5 [Stat Dif]) * 0.67 = 12 damage
Stratagem: (10 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Stat Dif]) * 0.67 = 11 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 5725/10000
Paralysis roll (1-3000): 3319/10000

Body Slam (Ho-Oh): 9 [BP] - 3 [Stat Dif] = 6 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-1250): 321/10000
Head Smash (Ho-Oh, Critical Hit): (16*2 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Crit]) * 2.25 = 89 damage, 10 energy

Gravity for (2) more rounds
Misty Terrain for (2) more rounds
Erratic Weather roll: 3/4
Erratic Weather (Hail): It started to hail!

Last edited:

Frosty

=_=
I guess we must order here.

I apologize for screwing up with Fidgit. That made things a lot worse.

But let's try to salvage this.

Dusknoir: Shadow Sneak (Lugia) - Rock Slide
Fidgit: Chill - Tailwind (if I need to pick three, then go with all but Dusknoir)

With this dusknoir gets the threat A1 and will be hit twice by Lugia. Tyrantrum will be hit twice by HooH, but it should be manageable somewhat (read, it will hurt like hell, but tyrantrum should survive).

On the first action of the next round, we will go all-out. If I didn't mess up calculations we should be able to defeat HooH on Action 1 next round before they can attack (so we should avoid a second twin storms hopefully).

But you take a look yourself and tell me what is in your mind.

Sorry, I could've sworn I posted in this yesterday D:

Tyrantrum: Stone Edge (Ho-Oh) - Head Smash (Ho-Oh)
Stratagem: Ancient Power (Ho-Oh) - Paleo Wave (Ho-Oh)

As you said I should survive everything, and I don't have much of a healing/chilling agenda, so I think this is best

Round 3

Bongo Gongo grabs Lugia's attention right before the Psychic bird annihilates Dethl, giving the Fidgit a short break to recover forces. Meanwhile, the two Rock-types keep pounding on the Ho-Oh, while the fiery phoenix keeps blasting the Tyrantrum. The Fire-type bird won't last much longer, but even with the haste granted by the Fidgit's wind powers, the team looks severely endangered. Luckily, the hailstorm seems to have subsided for the moment.

[
1] |Spe 39| HP 46/Energy 29 (Pressure ON)
Atk 5
Def 5
SpA 3
SpD 5
Spe 39
SC 4 / WC 5

[
1] |Spe 105 (210)| HP 35/Energy 88 (Reflect for 3 more actions, Tailwind for 8 more actions)
Atk 2
Def 4
SpA 3
SpD 4
Spe 105
SC 2 / WC 4

|Spe 82 (164)| HP 28/Energy 55 (Reflect for 3 more actions, Tailwind for 8 more actions)
Atk 5
Def 5
SpA 2
SpD 2
Spe 82
SC 5 / WC 6
Glyph of Crunch

|Spe 130 (260)| HP 51/Energy 70 (Reflect for 3 more actions, Tailwind for 8 more actions)
Atk 1
Def 3
SpA 6
SpD 3
Spe 130
SC 2 / WC 3
Glyph of Ancientpower

HP 580
HP 87
Crit roll (1-625): 4987/10000
Shadow Sneak (Lugia): (4 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Expert Belt]) * 1.5 = 11 damage, 2 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 2562/10000
Stats boost roll (1-3000): 9156/10000

Lugia is glowing!

Crit roll (1-625): 9036/10000
SpD drop roll (1-1000): 7674/10000

Crit roll (1-5000): 2224/10000
Stone Edge (Ho-Oh, Critical Hit): (10 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Crit]) * 2.25 = 39 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-1250): 5268/10000
Sky Attack (Dusknoir): 14 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] = 16 damage

Dusknoir suffers 2 damage for the hail
Fidgit suffers 2 damage for the hail
Tyrantrum suffers 2 damage for the hail
Stratagem suffers 2 damage for the hail
Tailwind: Fidgit, Tyrantrum, and Stratagem have their speed doubled for (9) actions, 10 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 455/10000
Paleo Wave (Ho-Oh, Critical Hit): (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Expert Belt] + 3 [Crit]) * 2.25 = 36 damage, 6 energy
Lugia flew high!

Crit roll (1-625): 3100/10000
SpD drop roll (1-1000): 5850/10000

Crit roll (1-1250): 4069/10000
Head Smash (Ho-Oh): (16 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif]) * 2.25 = 46 damage, 10 energy
Rock Slide (Lugia): missed, 5 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 8511/10000
Rock Slide (Ho-Oh): (8*0.75 [BP] + 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Expert Belt]) * 2.25 = 21 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 8574/10000
Fly (Dusknoir): 9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] = 11 damage

Dusknoir suffers 2 damage for the hail
Fidgit suffers 2 damage for the hail
Tyrantrum suffers 2 damage for the hail
Stratagem suffers 2 damage for the hail
Gravity for (1) more round
Misty Terrain for (1) more round
Erratic Weather (Clear Skies): The hail subsided!

Last edited:

Frosty

=_=
If memory serves me right, as soon as Ho-oH is dead the round finishes. But I am not certain. EDIT: Zara confirmed that it does NOT end, which makes things easier (?) a bit.

Either way, let's attack and see what happens.

Dusknoir: Shadow Mend (Tyrantrum) - Chill
Fidgit: Helping Hand (Tyrantrum) - Heal Pulse (Dusknoir)

Repeat Head Smash A1 and then switch to fang moves to save up energy. We were able to defeat HooH in 4 turns. But you can be sure as hell Lugia will take, at least, twice that time.

EDIT: Actually, if all goes 100% well (which I seriously doubt), it should take 6 rounds. Provided that Dusknoir can attack once per round, Fidgit only supports and Tyrantrum throws Head Smash around once or twice. If things go better than expected, Fidgit may throw a couple Helping Hands and Dusknoir may attack twice on some rounds. But let's not count with that.

Either way, we will worry about Lugia from next round onwards.

Last edited:
Round 4

Thanks to their superior agility, the Rock-types manage to take out Ho-Oh before it gets another chance to attack. As the majestic phoenix finally falls, you see Lugia stopping for a moment in the air. "Give it all, champions", you hear a suffering voice in your heads. "FINISH IT! Kill me, or I swear you'll never see daylight again!". After a while, the Psychic bird is shrouded by a searing aura, spreading from the body of the defeated brethen. Lugia's eyes start glowing in a fiery red light, and in a seething rage it roars. Whichever gleam of sanity it showed momentarily seems to have faded completely.

Nevertheless, Bongo Bongo soaks Lugia's orbs of crackling electricity with ease, allowing the team to go on the offense without holding back. Luckily, the weather seems to be still quiet, as well.

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 39| HP 42/Energy 38 (Pressure ON)
Atk 5
Def 5
SpA 3
SpD 5
Spe 39
SC 4 / WC 5

[
1] |Spe 105 (210)| HP 35/Energy 54 (Reflect for 1 more actions, Tailwind for 6 more actions)
Atk 2
Def 4
SpA 3
SpD 4
Spe 105
SC 2 / WC 4

|Spe 82 (164)| HP 48/Energy 35 (Reflect for 1 more action, Tailwind for 6 more actions)
Atk 5
Def 5
SpA 2
SpD 2
Spe 82
SC 5 / WC 6
Glyph of Crunch

|Spe 130 (260)| HP 51/Energy 60 (Reflect for 1 more action, Tailwind for 6 more actions)
Atk 1
Def 3
SpA 6
SpD 3
Spe 130
SC 2 / WC 3
Glyph of Ancientpower

HP 540, Fury of the Phoenix
HP 0

Crit roll (1-625): 9743/10000
Stats boost roll (1-3000): 6190/10000

Crit roll (1-1250): 3682/10000
Head Smash (Ho-Oh): (16*2 [BP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Stat Dif]) * 2.25 = 82 damage, 10+4 energy
Ho-Oh fainted!
Fury of the Phoenix: Lugia's Attack and Sp. Attack ranks increased by 1

Crit roll (1-625): 3905/10000
Zap Cannon (Dusknoir): 12 [BP] = 12 damage

Shadow Mend (Tyrantrum): 20 HP restored, 13 energy
Leppa Berry: 10 energy restored. Consumed.

Heal Pulse (Dusknoir): 20 HP restored, 14 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 630/10000
Paleo Wave (Lugia): (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Expert Belt]) * 1.5 = 20 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-1250): 3386/10000
Crunch (Lugia): (9 [BP] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Razor Fang] + 3 [Strong Jaw]) * 1.5 = 20 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 1911/10000
Zap Cannon (Dusknoir): 12 [BP] = 12 damage

Gravity expires
Misty Terrain expires
Erratic Weather (Clear Skies)

Last edited:

Frosty

=_=
Tyrantrum received a Shadow Mend, so I think it is supposed to have 20 more hp.

Also, Razor Fang boosts the BAP of Fang moves by 3, not 1. So Lugia is supposed to have less hp.

Dusknoir: Sucker Punch (Lugia) - Payback (Lugia)
Fidgit: Misty Terrain - Reflect (all but Fidgit)

Attack with fang moves (thunder fang and crunch) with Tyrantrum and with the usual with Stratagem. Gravity won't come up for now, so avoid Stone Edge/Head Smash until further notice.

Reflect on Dusknoir should make Lugia hit it only with Special moves. Since (I think) the strongest move it can attack with is Aeroblast for 16hp of damage with Crit factored in, Dusknoir should be fine for now without healing. Hopefully.

If my calcs are correct, this round we will deal around 103.5hp of damage. Considering that Tyrantrum will have to chill in about 2 rounds (same with dusknoir), we should end this in 6 rounds, give or take one or two. Since Enrage happens at round 16 (and we are planning on finishing on round 10), it should give us some leeway in case shit happens.

Lemme know if you think othewise.

I swear, when I post from my iPod it magically disappears D:

Tyrantrum: Thunder Fang (Lugia) - Crunch (Lugia)
Stratagem: AncientPower (Lugia) - Paleo Wave (Lugia)

Round 5

While Dethl works hard to rebuild the defenses, Bongo Bongo tries his best to keep the enemy's attention, so that the Rock-types can attack it at their leisure. But Lugia's assaults are difficult, even for the sturdy Dusknoir, to withstand for such a prolonged time.

Meanwhile, you notice the sunlight suddenly intensified...

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 39| HP 11/Energy 25 (Pressure ON, Reflect for 8 more actions)
Atk 5
Def 5
SpA 3
SpD 5
Spe 39
SC 4 / WC 5

[
1] |Spe 105 (210)| HP 35/Energy 34 (Reflect for 8 more actions, Tailwind for 4 more actions)
Atk 2
Def 4
SpA 3
SpD 4
Spe 105
SC 2 / WC 4

|Spe 82 (164)| HP 48/Energy 24 (Reflect for 8 more actions, Tailwind for 6 more actions)
Atk 5
Def 5
SpA 2
SpD 2
Spe 82
SC 5 / WC 6
Glyph of Crunch

|Spe 130 (260)| HP 51/Energy 50 (Reflect for 1 more action, Tailwind for 6 more actions)
Atk 1
Def 3
SpA 6
SpD 3
Spe 130
SC 2 / WC 3
Glyph of Ancientpower

HP 426, Fury of the Phoenix
Misty Terrain: Misty Terrain for 4 rounds, 10 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 5747/10000
Sucker Punch: (8 [BP] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Expert Belt]) * 1.5 = 13 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 153/10000
Stats boost roll (1-3000): 4587/10000

Ancientpower (Critical Hit): (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Expert Belt] + 3 [Crit]) * 1.5 = 24 damage, 4 energy

Crit roll (1-1250): 6185/10000
Paralysis roll (1-1000): 9203/10000

Thunder Fang: (7 [BP] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Strong Jaw] + 3 [Razor Fang]) * 1.5 = 17 damage, 5 energy
Lugia is glowing!

Crit roll (1-1250): 4122/10000
Sky Attack (Dusknoir): 14 [BP] + 3 [STAB] = 17 damage

Reflect: Dusknoir, Tyrantrum, and Stratagem are protected against physical attacks for 9 actions, 10 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 4087/10000
Paleo Wave: (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Expert Belt]) * 1.5 = 20 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-1250): 7960/10000
Crunch: (9 [BP] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Razor Fang] + 3 [Strong Jaw]) * 1.5 = 20 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 2752/10000
SpD drop roll (1-1000): 1971/10000

Psychic (Dusknoir): 11 [BP] + 3 [STAB] = 14 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 258/10000
Payback (Critical Hit): (5*2 [BP] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Expert Belt] + 3 [Crit]) * 1.5 = 20 damage, 7 energy

Misty Terrain for 3 more rounds
Erratic Weather roll: 1/4
Erratic Weather (Sun): The sunlight turns harsh!

Frosty

=_=
That overgrown pidgey is getting on my nerves

Dusknoir: Sucker Punch - Shadow Punch
IF Lugia can't be reached when Dusknoir is to attack it THEN Chill

Fidgit: Heal Pulse (Dusknoir) - Light Screen (all but Stratagem)

I am relying on lack of STAB being enough to prevent Lugia from attacking with Earthquake. Since it has a gazillion stab moves to choose from, I can't see why that would happen.

Dusknoir is on a critical situation. If Lugia gets a critical hit, odds are that it will faint and Fidgit will become the next target. While this isn't something that will completely vanquish our chances of winning, it will be unfortunate.

If that happens, I will try to stall with fidgit so we manage to deal the damage we need to win. This match had really poor threat management from me and I apologize.

Regardless, continue the assault as we discussed. We need 4 more rounds of offense. It is still something possible.

Last edited:
Round 6

The Rock-types keep battering on the foe, while Dethl tries its best to keep Bongo Bongo alive. However it's getting really hard, due to Lugia's furious attacks. You notice the sunlight seems to have faded, but you certainly have larger issues at hand to care about.

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 39| HP 9/Energy 25 (Pressure ON, Reflect for 6 more actions, Light Screen for 8 more actions)
Atk 5
Def 5
SpA 3
SpD 5
Spe 39
SC 4 / WC 5

[
CONSUMED] |Spe 105 (210)| HP 35/Energy 20 (Reflect for 6 more actions, Light Screen for 8 more actions, Tailwind for 2 more actions)
Atk 2
Def 4
SpA 3
SpD 4
Spe 105
SC 2 / WC 4

|Spe 82 (164)| HP 48/Energy 13 (Reflect for 8 more actions, Light Screen for 8 more actions, Tailwind for 2 more actions)
Atk 5
Def 5
SpA 2
SpD 2
Spe 82
SC 5 / WC 6
Glyph of Crunch

|Spe 130 (260)| HP 51/Energy 40 (Tailwind for 2 more actions)
Atk 1
Def 3
SpA 6
SpD 3
Spe 130
SC 2 / WC 3
Glyph of Ancientpower

HP 320, Fury of the Phoenix
Heal Pulse (Dusknoir): 20 HP restored, 14 energy
Leppa Berry: 10 energy restored. Consumed.

Crit roll (1-625): 6305/10000
Sucker Punch: (8 [BP] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Expert Belt]) * 1.5 = 13 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 5775/10000
Stats boost roll (1-3000): 4799/10000

Ancientpower: (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Expert Belt]) * 1.5 = 20 damage, 4 energy

Crit roll (1-1250): 8480/10000
Paralysis roll (1-1000): 4261/10000

Thunder Fang: (7 [BP] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Strong Jaw] + 3 [Razor Fang]) * 1.5 = 17 damage, 5 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 3788/10000
SpD drop roll (1-1000): 6003/10000

Psychic (Dusknoir): 11 [BP] + 3 [STAB] = 14 damage

Light Screen: Dusknoir, Fidgit, and Tyrantrum are protected against physical attacks for 9 actions, 10 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 6174/10000
Paleo Wave: (9 [BP] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Expert Belt]) * 1.5 = 20 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-1250): 6576/10000
Crunch: (9 [BP] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 3 [Razor Fang] + 3 [Strong Jaw]) * 1.5 = 20 damage, 6 energy

Crit roll (1-625): 9433/10000
Extrasensory (Dusknoir): 8*0.67 [BP] + 3 [STAB] = 8 damage

Crit roll (1-625): 4053/10000
Payback: (5*2 [BP] - 1.5 [Stat Dif] + 2 [Expert Belt]) * 1.5 = 16 damage, 7 energy

Misty Terrain for 2 more rounds
Erratic Weather (Clear Skies): The sunlight fades!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)