Win-in-One-Move!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I was looking at SwampLink's pfp and I really liked the chess aspect of "checkmate in one", so I started playing a few of those. While I was doing so, I started thinking-- "Why not create a win-in-one puzzle on the Smog or on the website"?

This could be created using Singles, Doubles, VGC, etc. etc.
For example:

You: Mienshao(4%) Life Orb/ Regenerator: (High Jump Kick, Knock Off, U-Turn, Stone Edge)
Hippowdon(20%) Leftovers: (Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Protect, Toxic)
Stealth Rocks are on your side

Opponent: Hydreigon (40% HP) Choice Specs: (Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Dark Pulse, Earth Power)

^^ In the following situation, the appropriate move would be to switch out (using U-turn wouldn't kill and would take Mienshao out with LO recoil), sacking your Hippowdon to whatever move Hydreigon uses, and then bringing Mienshao back in (it can now survive the rocks damage due to Regenerator) and Hi-Jump-Kicking Hydreigon to death.

On the top of the page would be the instructions: "Win in two turns" or something like that.

This is just an idea, so please edit or provide constructive criticism.

Thanks guys~ :3

Chess-type puzzles have been explored vaguely a few times, I made one forever ago which was well-received, but at the end of the day the "forced win" type of puzzles just aren't that applicable to Pokemon. Better ideas for puzzles would focus on coming up with a longer term strategic plan.

Um
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 213-252 (65.5 - 77.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 588-694 (180.9 - 213.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Unless Hydreigon has a +Speed nature and Mienshao doesn't, Mienshao outspeeds and easily KOs. No need to switch at all.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Maybe instead of forced wins we could have it for "safest moves". Just throwing it out there.

Also even if U-turn doesn't KO why can't Mienshao just go for HJK turn 1 o.o

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Go to the other metagames approval subforum. I can't link it right now cause I'm on the toilet but it's in the Other Metagames forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)