Winner's Path Event: Pokewalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after I got the Munchlax I wanted.. I worked on Beldum.. caught 2.. and checked em out.

Grabbed a Modest and a Naughty nature. So.. I'm pleased with Naughty.

I caught a pretty good haul today.

Five Magikarp
Three Bronzor
Eight! Horsea
Three Duskull
One Beldum
And no Munchlaxes. :(

The Beldum is Mild, which isn't all that bad.

I'm going to have to take a long walk tomorrow.
Imagine being able to get lots of Leftovers so relatively easily.
And I was just getting my head wrapped around the fact that I have all the Pinch Berries without having to do tons of Colosseum Challenges in PBR like I did to get Salac.

Does anyone know if there is a way we can get past events? I just bought gold today and only have the ones it comes with and the above. IDK if what else is out there, but im hoping to get that pikachu one.

Does anyone know if there is a way we can get past events? I just bought gold today and only have the ones it comes with and the above. IDK if what else is out there, but im hoping to get that pikachu one.
without AR codes.. no you can't get them.

One of the problems with Pokewalker is that if you restart the game, the courses reset. I can understand that (since getting strong/rare Pokemon early on could be a form of a Disc One Nuke), but why do they have to reset the events as well? :\ There's no way to get them back (unless Nintendo has a rerun), and it kind of stinks you're stuck to only one playthrough if you want the event courses.

I wouldn't restart my SS anyway, I always planned on buying HG for the runthroughs at some point but I haven't bothered yet.

I got this yesterday, I hope I have better luck with it than Yellow Forest, I have 3 Surfing Pikachus but no Flying (after about a month of checking everyday) and not one Light Ball among the hordes of Pecha Berries. I don't shake it, I attach it to my sock and tap my foot while hanging out playing the game. Plus I get steps when I'm walking normally, plus I get steps when I'm drumming or even tapping my foot in class. Alternatively..

what happened to OmegaDonut's post about how to get a brave boomlax??????? I was not able to write down the dates...did anyone copy and paste his post and if so could you pm that info to me....thanks

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
One of the problems with Pokewalker is that if you restart the game, the courses reset. I can understand that (since getting strong/rare Pokemon early on could be a form of a Disc One Nuke), but why do they have to reset the events as well? :\ There's no way to get them back (unless Nintendo has a rerun), and it kind of stinks you're stuck to only one playthrough if you want the event courses.
We can get lv8 Kangaskhan before the first Gym and also things like Elekid so yeah, there's already a couple of Disc One Nukes on HGSS.

One of the problems with Pokewalker is that if you restart the game, the courses reset. I can understand that (since getting strong/rare Pokemon early on could be a form of a Disc One Nuke), but why do they have to reset the events as well?
Since you can start using the Pokewalker as soon as you have two Pokemon (at least one in the PC, that's the only requirement, right?), you can unlock all the "basic" courses with nothing but diligence (thus granting access to things like level 11 Magnemite, level 15 Furret, or Crabhammer Krabby at level 12 when you're still running into level 2 Pidgey), and it's basically free Pokemon and items (which is a huge boon in a new game, what with the Poke Ball expenses removed)...I'd say the Pokewalker already IS a Disc One Nuke.

It is. You can get Star Pieces fairly easily from Rugged Road, so basically free Potions / Battle Items. I keep it in my pocket at work so I average about 18k steps a day. I was loaded with Pokedollars before I even beat the third gym.

I just got this munchlax by the way:

Munchlax @ Leftovers
Adamant, Thick Fat
IVs:10-19/30-31/20-31/0-19/30-31/0-9
~Metronome
~Tackle
~Defense Curl
~SELF DESTRUCT

What a little beauty eh?
My first RNGed (kind of) pokemon.

I have to say this is my favorite HeartGold/SoulSilver event so far, but I'm sure there will be plenty more this year.

I got myself a Adamant Beldum,too bad the Ivs sucked and all.I've yet to see BoomLax and Muddy Water Horsea though.I swear,I have the worst luck when it comes to things like this.

Got a Thick Fat Muchlax with pretty good IVs without any cheating/RNG abuse...however it just had to be Modest. -_-
haha, what a waste. sorry man. I should enjoy my Careful 'TFat' Munchlax then..

And off-topic.. Yellow Forest sucks.. can't tell the Pikachu's apart.. and wasted 25,000 steps today from work.. on shitty Pikachu's.

I caught about 20 beldum (kept randomly replacing thsoe I had caught) while looking for boomlax and nothing! I've onyl seen beldum, duskull and magikarp so far.

After no luck catching a 'lax, I went to the dowsing machine and found choice specs, scarf and band all within 3 turns!! Made it worth it...

DFang, the pokewalker only chooses one from each group each time you go on a walk. If you're getting Beldum you will never get a munchlax until you return from the stroll and then go on the stroll again on the same route, at which time it will randomly choose again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)